Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:33 AM

Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! (144451 Views)

Tokunbo Auction Cars For Sale / I Need A Usa Car Auction Website To Bid For Auction Cars / Auction Cars From Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:
The simple question i have is that, does the custom service auction cars?
if yes how do we get connected to them if we wish to buy cars from it.
i agree there are scammers ,but many who spoke against customs or others on this thread are car dealers

Yes they do. Unofficially

I believe the are also physically auctioned too but I do not know where it is done.

Its not possible for Customs not to hold auctions. Do you know how many cars this people impound everyday that don't get reclaimed.

A custom official may have need for some cash and these cars are really easy meat for them.

You only have to be sharp. Ask the sellers to bring the car physically to your own choice of location. It will be helpful to go along with someone who is knowledgeable about the whole thing.

Not all of them are scams, although sha na corruption paroles.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by victorezea(m): 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Criminals trying to defraud innocent citizens
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Kayzeemine(m): 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thanks for the info. good job.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by saintjoel(m): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
It has been brought to our notice that some people are now using our company name for scams.

Just this morning,we got a mail from OLX notifying us that a certain Pastor Johnson Olawale with mobile phone number 08140980269 placed an advert on their site claiming he had a 2008 Toyota camry for sale at N200,000.After calls to verify his story,he claimed the car was been sold by the Nigerian customs service auction department.

The management of OLX has been notified and the advert has been deleted as you can see from the pictures.

We'll like to thank our customers that have great trust in us, we will also like to notify all and sundry that Jelad ventures doesn't know about auctions.

Kindly verify from us before you make any purchase if you come across any advert from jead ventures,thanks.

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by saintjoel(m): 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
More

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by USAutoBuy(m): 12:19am On Feb 28, 2015
bayokb:
Am interested in buying a custom impounded car, can somebody tell me how pls.

Eni n wa ifa.....

A o ni sofo laiye wa.

These auctions though they exist are more often than not not opened to the public or people without connection. Just save your money and buy what you want and move on

Be careful and don't lose the little you have.

Good luck
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by nobd: 4:46am On Mar 15, 2015
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by 080more: 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
Truly one should be careful, some of this car dealers are fraudster.
A typical example is MOLAKUN INVESTMENT LIMITED located at meran lagos 08033282471. the man is a 419 people should be careful am saying this cause am a victim since December he refuse to deliver the car or return my money.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Emekayoung(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
But wait o,why must u pay money for something u have not seen,does it make any sense? As far as i hav my cash i will go straight to a car lot and pick a car of my choice den pay and get out.. I will never pity anybody who falls victim of scam..
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Bookiemart01(f): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
I think this site is owned by one or some of those fraudsters:

http://www.nigeriacarmart.com/used_cars_for_sale------~1000000-------1.html
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by OACKLAND(m): 9:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
chronique:
This topic is highly needed on the top page in this section. I've had to scream scam on most of these fraudulent posts being posted here but unfortunately,it hasn't discouraged these fraudsters as they keep coming back with more vigour. Secondly,I've noticed that the average car buyer has a certain level of greed and this is why they keep falling for these scam. Personally,I don't pity these folkss again. So long as people can't curtail their greed,they'd keep losing their money to fraudsters. Keep up the good work and let this thread stay up in this section so people can easily identify it before they move to other topics.
chronique:
This topic is highly needed on the top page in this section. I've had to scream scam on most of these fraudulent posts being posted here but unfortunately,it hasn't discouraged these fraudsters as they keep coming back with more vigour. Secondly,I've noticed that the average car buyer has a certain level of greed and this is why they keep falling for these scam. Personally,I don't pity these folkss again. So long as people can't curtail their greed,they'd keep losing their money to fraudsters. Keep up the good work and let this thread stay up in this section so people can easily identify it before they move to other topics.
chronique:

I don't want to be scammed, I'm jex about buying a 2001 Toyota sienna for #350,000. does this sound ridiculous?
I don't have any means of verifying the order. it's a pay on delivery bargain. but adewole Johnson, the seller says I have to pay #25,000 into his account for L. O. T ., A government sticker. please does this sound real at all?
he sent me this as his address

Adewole Johnson 09030340608. Address 3 floor,GDNL administrative Building Terminal E,shed 20 NPA Apapa Wharf Complex Apapa Lagos
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by chronique(m): 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
It's fraud. All they need from you is the 25,000 lot fee. By the time they get that from many gullible folks,they'd have achieved their aim. Stay away from it.
OACKLAND:
[color=#000099][/color]

I don't want to be scammed, I'm jex about buying a 2001 Toyota sienna for #350,000. does this sound ridiculous?
I don't have any means of verifying the order. it's a pay on delivery bargain. but adewole Johnson, the seller says I have to pay #25,000 into his account for L. O. T ., A government sticker. please does this sound real at all?
he sent me this as his address

Adewole Johnson 09030340608. Address 3 floor,GDNL administrative Building Terminal E,shed 20 NPA Apapa Wharf Complex Apapa Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best SUVs For Sale, Save With Our Offers / Fhemmmy Motos Present You With Everything LEXUS**Come In And Get One**SUV & CAR / Fhemmmy Motos Present To You - GERMAN MACHINES, Come And Pre-order YOURS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.