Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! (144778 Views)

Tokunbo Auction Cars For Sale / I Need A Usa Car Auction Website To Bid For Auction Cars / Auction Cars From Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by usten: 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
people de make me laff sha,even if na volkswagen bettle...common,the car too cheap u suppose know say na fraud,even if its not ,can u imagine the state a car worth that cheap will be in,and the dealer na philanthropist abi... grin
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by kingschild123(m): 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
It's rampant on facebook where you see these so called custom officers posting cars with ridiculous prices.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by saw13(m): 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
its olx they are using now

That is a scam Infested Website, 99% of vehicles listed there are FAKE Custom Seized Vehicles.

[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Emekayoung(m): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2014
If i see a vehicle ridiculously cheap,like camry 2009 for 800k,i will go there wit 5 of my frnds and i will tell dem go inside d car and sit down while i make d payment,so we can take off immediately after payment.. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Atmmachine(m): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2014
No one on this earth can scam me..

Before i pay for anything i wanna buy, i must see it with my N.aked eyes shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by hadizasaf: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
How can a 2008 Camry sell for N400k

Which law allows the NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE auction cars and what does the law state?

HOW CAN YOU SEND MONEY TO SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER MET

HOW CAN YOU FUND A PRIVATE ACCOUNT FOR A CIVIL SERVICE TRANSACTION

THE GUYS ON THE LINE DONT EVEN KNOW CYSTOMS RANK

GREED IGNORANCE UNHOLY COMPETITIONS AND EVIL DESIRES

GOD HELP NIGERIA
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Caveatemptor(m): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
Grrr.
Fraudsters beware.
urrrrrrh.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by olanshi: 9:51am On Sep 16, 2014
Yesterday, another man called me that he was scammed of N4m naira for a custom auction car that worth 11m in the market. I felt bad about it cos they swindle the man unaware.

Pls, be very careful.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Emekayoung(m): 11:26am On Sep 16, 2014
olanshi: Yesterday, another man called me that he was scammed of N4m naira for a custom auction car that worth 11m in the market. I felt bad about it cos they swindle the man unaware.

Pls, be very careful.
Whaaaaaaaaat? angry shocked
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by chelseabmw(m): 11:14am On Sep 17, 2014
olanshi: Yesterday, another man called me that he was scammed of N4m naira for a custom auction car that worth 11m in the market. I felt bad about it cos they swindle the man unaware.

Pls, be very careful.

Good for the man.... greedy fellow

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by emonk: 10:47am On Sep 23, 2014
monk: fix your car
Hi all, post your automotive fix problems in the format below and get a proffered solution for such problems in 24 hours.
Vehicle vin number
Vehicle model e.g Toyota camry
Vehicle year of manufacture
Trouble codes if any, includes c,p,b,u codes
Symptoms the car exhibits.

We want to thank the effort of MONKAUTOS to wards achieving this feat.
Contact: 07068993251 or post your problems on FREE FIX YOUR CAR topic of the automotive forum in nairaland
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by DorisK(f): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
I always knew doz ads were scam. D prices are hilarious nd unreal
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by luckynas(m): 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
This is serious i was just looking at cars on : http://www.nigeriacarmart.com and the prices are just damn too low, so since we know these sites that are reaping people off why are the still up the websites that is?

inspiredm: [b]Day In Day Out, Fraudsters are seeking for New Ways to Fleece Nigerians of their Hard Earned Money, The Latest Scheme is about Purported sales of Nigerian Customs Seized Vehicles Online Auction.

Within the past 30 days, I have Banned Over 200 usernames and Over 1000 Fraudulent Posts and Threads of Sales of Customs Seized vehicles on the Autos Section Which were without any Doubt Fraudulent.

The Modus Operandi of these Nefarious Elements are to Post Purported Customs Seized Vehicles at RIDICULOUSLY LOW Prices and Demand for Deposits to "Secure the Car " or "Secure the File" at Customs Offices.

Most Times, they go as far as Posting Photos of Customs Officials on their Profile Pages thereby Impersonating genuine Customs Officers.

They have Flooded the Nigerian Online Space now and are On Every Major Car Websites with Free Listings.

A Couple of Months Ago, The PUNCH Newspapers Nabbed a Syndicate of These Type of Fraud from an Innocent Buyer Who wanted to Buy a 2010 Toyota Camry for N400,000.

You can read it here http://www.punchng.com/feature/saturday-people/customs-officer-duped-me-says-man-who-wanted-to-give-mum-a-car-gift/

We Encourage Buyers to Beware of Auto Adverts with Ridiculously Low Prices, It takes a certain level of Greed to Fall Victim of Fraud in Most cases.

NIGERIAN CUSTOMS DO NOT Auction Cars Online, NOT Anywhere in the Country, All Customs Auction Bids Are Done Physically from ABUJA.

Furthermore, We Encourage Buyers to Know Who they are dealing With, Not all that Glitters is Gold and Not Everything You see Online is Genuine.

We Implore Members to report Suspicious Adverts to the Moderators Via the " Report to Moderator Button" Located on every Post.

Cheers
Inspired
[/b]

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Patrickben: 6:18am On Sep 29, 2014
This super super sound 2014
Mercedes E230 not 1 scratch on the body
full with all option one can wish for in a car it has been used for only 3months

Options:
Power windows, automatic transmission with
chrome-silver panel, radio, cd and cassette player,
low mileage, factory a/c, Alloyed rims, sun roof ,
now this is just a pure ride for the road.
just for a price of #350000 if you are interested call 09094741463 or email me @ Patrickben92@gmail.com
pics bellow
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Patrickben: 9:00am On Sep 29, 2014
This super super sound
full with all option one can wish for in a car it has been used for only 3months

Options:
just for a price of #350000 if you are interested call 09094741463 or email @patrickben92@gmail.com
pics below
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by saintjoel(m): 10:12am On Sep 30, 2014
Patrickben: This super super sound

Options:
just for a price of #350000 if you are interested call 09094741463 or email @patrickben92@gmail.com
pics below

THIEF

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They done they come..... One by One..... Na dem ooo.... Beware! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Emekayoung(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
LORDZEUS1:
2010 Toyota Camry XLE for Sale @N1.5M #pricenegotiable...
Pls don't post advert sales here anymore,go and open a thread for that,this thread is for precautionary measures concerning frauds and scams on this section. So pls adhere to dis rules. Thank u.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by happyprince: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
they are also on OLX now.guys be warned!!!
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by MYAs2011: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
Olx is no go area oooooooooo........ 99percent of the adverts there are all scamsssssss............ I wonder why the owner of the website hasnt closed that site How we sure the owner of the website is the scammer himself, hmmm? ... Maybe his is the one posting all those adverts on the internet and also advertising olx website on tv to attract more victims on the website .... Has anyone ever thought of this.....

THIS IS A SCHOOL OF THOUGHT FOR ALL OF YOU OOOO
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by justi4jesu(f): 9:20am On Oct 11, 2014
shocked shocked shocked But there still good deals and genuine peeps on olx sha.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by MYAs2011: 2:17am On Oct 12, 2014
BECAREFUL SHA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fhemmmy Motos Present You With Everything LEXUS**Come In And Get One**SUV & CAR / Best SUVs For Sale, Save With Our Offers / Fhemmmy Motos Present To You - GERMAN MACHINES, Come And Pre-order YOURS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.