Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,594 members, 7,770,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:39 AM

Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! (144454 Views)

Tokunbo Auction Cars For Sale / I Need A Usa Car Auction Website To Bid For Auction Cars / Auction Cars From Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by InvertedHammer: 10:33pm On May 17, 2013

What can I say? When u try to make a sale and buyer tells you X,Y or Z website is selling it at an obviously ridiculous price, what can you do? Just wish the buyer Good luck. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Someone once told me that she saw 2008 Range Rover HSE listed for $6000. All explanations fell on deaf ears. what else can a brother do that let her try, since only a trial would convince her that her fund is gone.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by surveyProf(m): 12:04am On May 18, 2013
Thank God this topic is on front page, losts of people have fallen victim in the past and perhaps present, there is an elderly man, I have been tracing for some time now, who claimed to be a Nigerian ex custom officer, and have dupe someone here (Nairaland.com).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Nobody: 12:26am On May 18, 2013
I won't be surprise if they do.....

The organisation is bloated and not fit for purpose. People often cry about their imported goods being stolen or incomplete.

I think we should privatise our seaports. They need to be bigger and modern.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by dejgan: 10:59am On May 18, 2013
@Inspired M....God bless you for this. These guys are mainly around Ikeja yet they claim they work at custom offices in the northern part of the country. They even have matured/married women in their cartel so you wont suspect a fraud.....like someone said earlier, its greed and ignorance that will allow anyone fall for this type of scam.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Emmxyl(m): 12:36pm On May 18, 2013
Thank God for this Post o!...Could you believe I had almost fallen for one Mr. Isaac that says he is with Nigerian Custom service...that I should send a deposit of fifty thousand naira. I really like this your post...***thumbs up***
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by sdbaba: 10:52pm On May 19, 2013
Thank God o, I'd almost sent N50k to one idiot like that. He had even sent me his account number with full names with Zenith Bank. Thank God for leading of the holy spirit o.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by FredAuto(m): 11:25pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by tayosquat: 11:49pm On May 19, 2013
I was contacted by d fraudsters as well but i was smart enough 2 know who they were. i immediately sent a mail to nigeriancustoms email as regards my readiness to help in apprehending ds rogues but got no reply frm them. i av like 3 of ds men with their phone numbers thru whch we communicated. Beware of offers. If it sounds 2 good 2 be true, it's false.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by BizBooks(m): 9:55am On May 20, 2013
Below is a sample email from one of these Customs car scammers. BEWARE
Take note of the numerous spelling errors. I'm sure Nigeria Customs does not write this way.

1. advert = avert
2. warehouse = wear house
3. auction = option
4. contact = contacts

Superintendent Haruna
Good day,

I am superintendent Haruna and I work with the nigeria custom authority, and we were
ordered to post an avert online to enable us clear our wear house, the person Comptroller
General of Customs Dikko Inde Abdullahi MFR, asked us to option these goods for sale (Cars
& Vehicles) half the amount in the market, therefore any interested persons should please
contacts us via 08141128387 or customserviceoffer02@gmail.com for more info.

Signed,
Dikko Inde Abdullahi MFR for custom services.

customserviceoffer02@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by naijathings(m): 10:02am On May 20, 2013
Brothers and Sisters... the sad news is ... people will still fall for these scams everyday.
chase cheap cheap things and money goes cheaply.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by hammerh(f): 9:47am On May 22, 2013
Thank you for this post, I almost fell for this same scam, the man who said he will clear a Toyota 2009 for 30,000 and the car goes for 480,000 and asked that I pay into this account U B A
ACCOUNT NAME:FESTUS OBIAHON
ACCOUNT NO:2059590880. He calls himself Mr Hassan.
08165081232 and his email hasanautomarketingservice@gmail.com.he still calls to ask for the payment so he can secure the car.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by chronique(m): 8:01am On May 23, 2013
Clear a car for 30,000? And you were considering it? Naija!!!

hammerh: Thank you for this post, I almost fell for this same scam, the man who said he will clear a Toyota 2009 for 30,000 and the car goes for 480,000 and asked that I pay into this account U B A
ACCOUNT NAME:FESTUS OBIAHON
ACCOUNT NO:2059590880. He calls himself Mr Hassan.
08165081232 and his email hasanautomarketingservice@gmail.com.he still calls to ask for the payment so he can secure the car.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by ayoaces: 12:44pm On May 24, 2013
They are so many out there. The moment i tell them i wont pay a kobo until i see the car, they stop calling.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by FredAuto(m): 2:34am On May 27, 2013
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Nosyke(m): 9:11am On May 27, 2013
Thumbs up Inspired for this eye opener.
Somebody sent me this address http://m.halanow.com/.
The prices of the cars there are unbelievably cheap.

I also learnt that they have a 'ring' around Festac area in Lagos, once you buy, they repaint and do your custom papers for you.

I know a friend that bought an EOD for 350K.

The truth is that some Custom officers aren't unaware of this.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by inspiredm(m): 7:00pm On May 27, 2013
Nosyke: Thumbs up Inspired for this eye opener.
Somebody sent me this address http://m.halanow.com/.
The prices of the cars there are unbelievably cheap.

I also learnt that they have a 'ring' around Festac area in Lagos, once you buy, they repaint and do your custom papers for you.

I know a friend that bought an EOD for 350K.

The truth is that some Custom officers aren't unaware of this.

99% Of Vehicles On that Website are Scam and Fake Adverts, The remaining 1% may be Stolen Vehicles.

Customs Dont Repaint Vehicles Before Auctioning.

Auctioned Vehicles Requires Lengthy and Bureaucratic Procedures Directly From Abuja.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Marytee2: 11:52am On May 30, 2013
I thought as much. Na wha o.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by saintjoel(m): 2:50pm On May 30, 2013
Inspired,I'm a dealer and also an agent at idiroko and seme borders.
It's a pity that so many people have fallen for this scam.It is true that custom service do auction cars but it's only when you get official documents fron their HQ in abuja and even people who get them are rarely known,we just see them come to the border posts to move these cars .
Many of these boys are what we call"camp boys",local boys used by custom officials has errand boys and what they actually do is hang around custom parks where seized cars are parked with the hope of settling anyone with official documents so they can help sell the cars but note one thing,they will scam the potential customers at the end of the day.
Custom service doesn't place adverts for auctions and cars can't be auctioned until after a window period of 6months,if you need a car/jeep from the parks,go to the H/Q in Abuja and obtain forms.I once called one and immediately I told him I was an agent,he cut off and till today he rejects my calls.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by y2kplus: 10:15am On Jun 01, 2013
I rang this 'Customs PRO' on 08037 395 807. He identified himself as Adeniyi Adewale. Very confident and even agreed that I check him out via Nigeria Customs. This is the web address http://www.nbfautos.com/listings.php?country=Lagos&region=Badagry

I think EFCC (am I correct?) should work on this man by playing along with him. He would be an easy prey to apprehend. Nigeria Customs should also start an online publicity by warning innocent people from getting sucked into this scam. I visited our Nigeria customs site. I did not find anything warning Nigerians except a link to report fraud. That is good but not enough.
Our customs MUST create a page where fraudulent web sites are placed for public awareness. I think Nairalanders are doing a good job at this. Inspire being the brain behind this exposure. Is there anyway of shutting down this website? Well done inspire.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by y2kplus: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
The way English was bastadized here speaks volumes. Absolute trade mark of uneducated scammers.
BizBooks: Below is a sample email from one of these Customs car scammers. BEWARE
Take note of the numerous spelling errors. I'm sure Nigeria Customs does not write this way.

1. advert = avert
2. warehouse = wear house
3. auction = option
4. contact = contacts

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by y2kplus: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2013
One would like to think that our Customs have an intelligence wing that snoops around for information. Looking at the awesome level of 'free information' on this customs thread, there are unlimited information including cell phone numbers and bank account details of these scammers to put them away.
But do we have this wing in the customs? These scammers are so indifferent to the fact that their identities are open secret. I spoke to one 'married female' by the name of Mrs ? Rosemary. She was so grossly annoyed with me because I witheld my number. Customs should wake up and do their job. Nairaland is providing all the hard evidence and information, why can't our customs simply fininsh the job?
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by woltech: 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
Pls beware of this 419, here is the name of the site they use now

www.nigeriacarmart.com

BE WISE!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by PHfinest(m): 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
Moderator, inspired; some scammers are using this site to make unnecessary posts. See a new user (Dan.cars), registered this June, posting CRV 2007 for 1.8m. Not that I will fall for him but there are many gullible Nigerians who will fall. For the good name Nairaland auto section, please investigate.

https://www.nairaland.com/1310611/2007-honda-cr-v-sale-1.8
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by OlaBolof(m): 6:56am On Jun 09, 2013
You're very right, i thought the Government ask the Customs to sell off these impounded cars so decided to bid for one. I had a feeling something could be wrong so i told them i would only pay for the car when it gets to me in Lagos. The man agreed but said i had to pay the driver's money upfront which was N30,000, i said i would pay N15,000 upfront and the balance when the car got to me. I did so and stories started flying, the driver said the car was seized at the border because his boss who i was dealing with didn't give him the original car papers, i called his so called boss but his phones were off till monday, this happened on a friday. They claim to be based at the Customs office at Zone 2 in Seme. N15,000 isn't my problem because i know they've placed a curse on themselves but i really do wish something could be done to apprehend these people. His phone number is 08144510829, His name is Akinsola Rufus and he uses the email:akinsolarufus56@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by OlaBolof(m): 7:11am On Jun 09, 2013
Yes o, the website is www.nigeriacarmart.com.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by chronique(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
The type of people who fall prey into the hands of these scammers are those who will see a 2004 corolla @ 1.5m and would be pricing 1m(like they think car dealers steal cars to sell). Sometimes,I wonder if these buyers think we just pick the cars off the streets of europe/america and ship them down... Anything that is ridiculously cheap should be properly investigated before money exchange hands. People,be wise!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by MSItachi: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2013
A friend of mine also lost 100k to this Guys recently, for a 2003 Benz (600k), the scammers excuse was that road safety seized the papers on his way to abuja. Pls Be warned guys
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 28, 2013
Huh i was badly scammed the sum of 125 thousand by one Olatunde williams his mail olatundewilliams@hotmail.com his no 08135565556 telling me the car was on d way that i should send the balance have reported to EFCC nd to custom up till now nothing has been done thank God i didn't send balance because am yet to recover from my 125k.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by chronique(m): 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
When did this happen? After all the noise we've been making to sensitize you guys? Smh. Next time,learn to curtail your appetite for things that are unbelievably too cheap. angry
Laqueen: Huh i was badly scammed the sum of 125 thousand by one Olatunde williams his mail olatundewilliams@hotmail.com his no 08135565556 telling me the car was on d way that i should send the balance have reported to EFCC nd to custom up till now nothing has been done thank God i didn't send balance because am yet to recover from my 125k.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by yomikay: 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
People should beware of fraudulent activities going on in the name of car auction.i almost fell victim too. There is one guy claiming to be officer Paul attached to the Bini Kebbi office of Nigeria Custom. He asked me to pay some amount into his account for registration and and delivery.His phone no is 08107318257.The man is just trying to dupe people.Please be warned!!!
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Onle: 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
I called one of them this evening with respect to one of the cars he added,he said he'll call back that he was in a meeting n I recalled I called 1 last week,he said he was in a meeting still...the 1 I called this eve had to take his time to compose himself! He did call back but I noticed he was a young boy trying to adjust his voice to that of a real man that I guess will fit that of the man whose picture he used on the add...as we talked on, I was suprised he didn't reall the price he added on particular car then as we talked on,he tried talking me into paying into a particular account number which doesn't digest well to me. Well I decided to google it then I found nairaland n after I read most comments,I had reasons to believe that nairaland is properly gauarded! You guys should keep on this good work,it will save a lot of Nigerians from those real bad guys!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best SUVs For Sale, Save With Our Offers / Fhemmmy Motos Present You With Everything LEXUS**Come In And Get One**SUV & CAR / Fhemmmy Motos Present To You - GERMAN MACHINES, Come And Pre-order YOURS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.