Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel (16994 Views)

Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos / National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Ex-militants Among Newly Elected Lawmakers In Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by nwaniSOC: 7:49am On May 17, 2013
philogos4: People should be careful of what they say, The president has nothing to do with amaechi problem in rivers state.
Amaechi should learn how to respect people, it's not too good to hear a brother betraying brother.
philogos4: People should be careful of what they say, The president has nothing to do with amaechi problem in rivers state.
Amaechi should learn how to respect people, it's not too good to hear a brother betraying brother.
yet to under what betrayal you mean, insight please
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by luvinhubby(m): 7:51am On May 17, 2013
When politicians turn against the people, like the case of Lagos okada ban & draconian traffic laws, few persons spoke out, now politicians have turned against politicians & some are screaming blue murder, abeg na dem wey e concern.

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by ozolity(m): 7:58am On May 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Power corrupts people.When you are outside the corridor of power,you feel the person occupying that seat of power is bad but when you get there,you become the best villain around.

Gowon never wanted to leave power until Murtala kicked his butt out of power.Babangida promised to return to civilian rule until he became unpopular and had to succumb to the cries of the people after after 8 years in power.Abacha did all he could but ended up dying in power.Obj wanted 3rd term by all means but he failed because the NASS won't compromise.Yardau despite all odds and manipulations by his closest pals,he died.

One would have expected an opportunist like jonathan to accept the will of God and let things happen naturally but here he is;victimizing people by using the instrument of power he accused turai and tilde of denying him to intimidate people who oppose him.what goes around comes around.

There is a God is charge of payback,Jonathan should learn from the past.Nothing lasts forever.
pls leave GEJ alone, and stop trusting saharefakereporters, Amechi is just playing politics trying to make himself popular.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Culbobby(m): 7:59am On May 17, 2013
Ameachi foresaw this,that was why he was clamouring for state police. This is anarchy and utter abuse of power by the executive,what you people don't understand is that GEJ's wife,who knows nothing about the constitution is actually in control. She is ignorant,power-drunk and the puppet master while your GCFR is the puppet.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Wabsz: 8:01am On May 17, 2013
Gov. Rotimi Amaechi must have done smfin wrong, 2 get sleepless nyt from our oga @ d top cos we d groundfloor members get 2 hear what dey want us 2 hear.so he shud dance alingo 2 d tune of azonto..
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Wsdm: 8:14am On May 17, 2013
Nedu31: Why some pple always use any little opportunity to criticise mr.President as if they knw d indepth of the problem.Let me make it clear here,Mr President knows nothing about the crisis rocking Rivers State.Secondly he is the most transparent President Nig.hav ever produce,that is d reason why we knw food budget in Aso rock. He is far behind political war going on in Rivers State.Ameachi and his cohort and the entire Rivers pple knw d pple behind dis crisis,although is 50 50 in support.Some ar 4 Ameachi while odas ar against.Ameachi shud go n make peace with dis followin pple: 1.d man dat pick him out 4rm street(Odili)2.Former depute speaker of house of Rep.3. Former senator representin Rivers east.4.Former IG of police d 1 from Rivers State.5.current minister of State Education.6.his cousin(d governor of Rivers State b4 him).7.Ada george,how many of u remember him? D former gov of Rivers State in d 3rd republic.Ameachi need to make peace with these men.He betrayed mst of them especially his boss n d current minister of State Education.ONCE AGAIN JONATHAN IS FAR BEHIND D PROBLEM ROCKING IN RIVERS STATE.
... And all those people you mentioned above have the state power to withdraw the security aids of the speaker and the governor? Well, next time the governor should give/rig GEj 110% vote in an election as he did in 2011.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by barikay: 8:15am On May 17, 2013
If they are clean they should not be afraid to move alone.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Nobody: 8:19am On May 17, 2013
Valto: u dont dare ur OGA at the top. i pity gov amaechi. it will be better for him to apologise and retrace his steps before its too late....

If this is not evidence of a slavish mindset, I really don't know what is.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Nedu31(m): 8:19am On May 17, 2013
Wsdm: ... And all those people you mentioned above have the state power to withdraw the security aids of the speaker and the governor? Well, next time the governor should give/rig GEj 110% vote in an election as he did in 2011.
I hope u knw d meaning of INFLUENCE?
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by 7thCANON: 8:21am On May 17, 2013
During Obj's tenure, two governors -Attah and Tinubu had running battles with OBJ and succeeded in the long run, even though at a short term cost. Why? They disagreed on principles -offshore/onshore oil dichotomy and LGA creation/funding, thus they had support from right thinking political heavy weights. If you ever have cause to disagree with the centre, let it be on principles never on politics because the centre will crush you. Amaechi should know better.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by yemmight(m): 8:33am On May 17, 2013

Keep quite ok?
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Akpan107(m): 8:35am On May 17, 2013
iwanchop:

So anyone that is against Jonathan 2015 ambition must be intimidated and cajoled into supporting him?
You see nothing wrong in the presidency using its power to harass Amaechi,if a police officer uses his `power' to also slap you for not giving him N20 bribe and you complain....then you are a complete f**l
Well! Mr.Iwanchop, all hands must be on deck in actualising GEJ second term in office... A Norhtener will not do to his brother what Ameachi is doing to GEJ. Remember, GEJ ''must'' remain in office beyond 2015 for peace to be. I dont want to make mouth, but it would be better GEJ go for second term... BECAUSE WE THE NIGER DELTANS ARE READY FOR ANY EVENTUALITY.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by davidflo(m): 8:43am On May 17, 2013
sometimes i wonder if its lack of education that fuels the kind of myopic tribalism exhibited by a lot of us.what does the president being from ur tribe have to do with ur improved way of life?..instead of you to be concerned about how Nigeria will be beta,u are shouting 'our brother'. The police command under the federal govt is disrespecting the entire people of rivers state by degrading her speaker and Governor. this is not democracy, it stupidity n foolishness exhibiting power.

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by davidflo(m): 8:46am On May 17, 2013
Akpan107: Well! Mr.Iwanchop, all hands must be on deck in actualising GEJ second term in office... A Norhtener will not do to his brother what Ameachi is doing to GEJ. Remember, GEJ ''must'' remain in office beyond 2015 for peace to be. I dont want to make mouth, but it would be better GEJ go for second term... BECAUSE WE THE NIGER DELTANS ARE READY FOR ANY EVENTUALITY.
when will you realise we are all 'BROTHERS' in Nigeria....
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by gunuvi(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2013
If they withdraw his police and security details, he should recruit the ombaitse militants, they are the superior security for now.

3 Likes

Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Smartluv(m): 9:03am On May 17, 2013
Akpan107: Since Ameachi has failed to protect the interest of his brother and the South, he should take what ever he sees. Anyone who is not for us must be against us. The North must stop using Ameachi to destroy the peace of the South. Goodluck till 2019.
wish you well,u speak my mind. Carry go
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by hardbody: 9:03am On May 17, 2013
payless:

Bitten

Chew

in the middle

LOL....Use of English 101
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by splashbaby(m): 9:06am On May 17, 2013
davidflo:
when will you realise we are all 'BROTHERS' in Nigeria....
"Our oil "mentality that has so far impoverish many of them had taking over their sanity. They want to hoodwink the country to perpetrate an obviously incompetent leader in power come 2015...Nigeria is bigger than any Niger Delta, Boko Haram, SE or SW propaganda. Nigerians voted GEJ in 2011 because of how he suffered under Yar,dua during his dying days. 2015 is a different ball game.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Wsdm: 9:09am On May 17, 2013
Akpan107: Well! Mr.Iwanchop, all hands must be on deck in actualising GEJ second term in office... A Norhtener will not do to his brother what Ameachi is doing to GEJ. Remember, GEJ ''must'' remain in office beyond 2015 for peace to be. I dont want to make mouth, but it would be better GEJ go for second term... BECAUSE WE THE NIGER DELTANS ARE READY FOR ANY EVENTUALITY.
Did you know that Adamawa state ,Atiku's home state voted for Jonathan in the PDP primaries of 2011 and Jonathan went ahead to pull massive votes from the North through the Northern Governors support against a very popular Buhari. You people are showing the rest part of the country deep hatred because of ethnicity and that your brother is in power. I hope you all know that beeing the minority among minorities that you are will not be able to resist the heat when the game is played against you.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Wsdm: 9:15am On May 17, 2013
splashbaby: "Our oil "mentality that has so far impoverish many of them had taking over their sanity. They want to hoodwink the country to perpetrate an obviously incomepetent leader in power come 2015...Nigeria is bigger than any Niger Delta, Boko Haram, SE or SW propagander. Nigerians voted GEJ in 2011 because of how he suffered under Yar,dua during his dying days. 2015 is a different ball game.
And 'state of urgency' shall become their lot if they ever try to become the government 'haram' of that time.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by INFO70: 9:15am On May 17, 2013
If our leaders are doing thing right, why should they be afraid of attack?
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Joyfullyme: 9:15am On May 17, 2013
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by ibietela2(m): 9:16am On May 17, 2013
Diasporan: Amaechi has not seen anything yet.I thought he is smart enough to know that in Nigeria provided you are in the same political party with the President you have to abide by his whimps and caprice.If any PDP Politician cannot learn from what happened to James Ibori then he should be ready to face the surugede dance when the drum beats in his house.Nobody should blame the President it is normal thing in Nigerian Politics.We all saw what happened to Femi Pedro in Lagos in the hands of Tinubu.Don't ever mess with the Leader of your party not even dare if he is the President.Team Amaechi go back and learn the art of Nigerian Politics

Same thing happened to alam when he opposed obj thirdterm bid... Today this same people call him thief, criminal and all that.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by kaeto(m): 9:19am On May 17, 2013
Comments i read here leaves me wondering. Is it that nigerians are deliberatly blind to reality or we are hypocrites? Do we not understand that the one reason backing corrupt and selfish public servants are security personnels attached to them for their safety which shields them from the anger and contempt of the suffering masses? If they were left without security, i bet there'll be gross improvement in the polity, but with the unneccesary attatchment of overbloated importance to these plundering goons we'll be left with nothing short of thieves for leaders..
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by farem: 9:21am On May 17, 2013
Akpan107: Since Ameachi has failed to protect the interest of his brother and the South, he should take what ever he sees. Anyone who is not for us must be against us. The North must stop using Ameachi to destroy the peace of the South. Goodluck till 2019.
[color=#990000
HE NEVER SWORE TO PROTECT ANY CLUELESS BROTHER BUT THE GOOD PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE AND ALL FORWARD-LOOKING NIGERIANS AS WELL.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by farem: 9:25am On May 17, 2013
Amazonjoe: I'n Nigeria politics, if your face is no longer needed, falstration bonus In from the ogas at the top
[color=#990000
IT IS NOT falstration bonus, IT IS TRUSTRATION BONUS!
Frustration is the word
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by splashbaby(m): 9:31am On May 17, 2013
farem: [color=#990000
HE NEVER SWORE TO PROTECT ANY CLUELESS BROTHER BUT THE GOOD PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE AND ALL FORWARD-LOOKING NIGERIANS AS WELL.
Help me tell this beast of burden illitrate parading himself as educated elite amidst trash!
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by ckkris: 9:36am On May 17, 2013
yemmight:

Keep quite ok?
Yes Sir !
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by jude33084(m): 9:36am On May 17, 2013
Valto: u dont dare ur OGA at the top. i pity gov amaechi. it will be better for him to apologise and retrace his steps before its too late....

I don't think he needs apologies. And for your information nobody needs NPF for security especially SS Govs wink
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by Samabu07(m): 9:39am On May 17, 2013
payless:

That is why we need to kick this government out. Money is being wasted every day. Imagine the wife of the President traveling abroad with 57 aides? I magine President traveling abroad with 80-90 aides with 15,000 dollars estacodes for each aides? Imagine 1 billion naira food budget for the President? Imagine 3 Presidential Jets for one President? Imagine 4 billion naira for First lady building? Imagine 3 billion naira for Tompolo to secure oil installations in Bayelsa and Port-Harcourt? Imagine 40 million dollars for Isreali cyber company to monitor internet activities in Nigeria? I amgine 1.6 billion naira for OPC to revive UPN in southwest? The list goes on and on...........
Bros I tireeeeee. undecided so we the unemployed graduate what should we do when there's no single chance and hope of get a decent job soon. We are losing our respect, love at home and surrounding.
Seun help out abeg. Give me job naaa. I be your real guy.
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by jude33084(m): 9:42am On May 17, 2013
Samabu07:
Bros I tireeeeee. undecided so we the unemployed graduate what should we do when there's no single chance and hope of get a decent job soon. We are losing our respect, love at home and surrounding.
Seun help out abeg. Give me job naaa. I be your real guy.

Can you operate AK-49 smiley
Re: Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel by jude33084(m): 9:44am On May 17, 2013
gunuvi: If they withdraw his police and security details, he should recruit the ombaitse militants, they are the superior security for now.

My street boys in Benin and Warri will do the job wella cool

Na who need Mopo sef? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Retracts Statement On Oil Workers’ Rescue / Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging / EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.