Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Husband Borrowed Money To Pay Bride Price And Hasn't Paid Back His Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Borrowed Money To Pay Bride Price And Hasn't Paid Back His Wife (838 Views)

I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells Court / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. / Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Borrowed Money To Pay Bride Price And Hasn't Paid Back His Wife by iikkwwoo: 7:21am On May 17, 2013
Please advice, if a husband borrows money from his wife to pay her bride price and has not paid back, are they. Really married?
Re: Husband Borrowed Money To Pay Bride Price And Hasn't Paid Back His Wife by biolabee(m): 7:39am On May 17, 2013
iikkwwoo: Please advice, if a husband borrows money from his wife to pay her bride price and has not paid back, are they. Really married?

Don't know about the specifics of every tribe but if they are legally married they are married but I guess some customs only recognise the bride price

To me yes

1 Like

Re: Husband Borrowed Money To Pay Bride Price And Hasn't Paid Back His Wife by greatgod2012(f): 7:40am On May 17, 2013
iikkwwoo: Please advice, if a husband borrows money from his wife to pay her bride price and has not paid back, are they. Really married?

yes, they are married, because he could have borrowed the money to do another thing, so,what he used the money for is not really relevant but his willingness to pay back when he has the money is the most important thing.
May God help him.

1 Like

Re: Husband Borrowed Money To Pay Bride Price And Hasn't Paid Back His Wife by taryour(f): 7:44am On May 17, 2013

You got me lmao this early morning..
Well as far as am concerned they are married,as long as the man handed the bride price to the brides family with his own hands. Waitin concern ppl with either he borrowed it or stole it,its just like a woman sponsoring 90 percent of the wedding.afterall whatever belongs to her belongs to her hubby and vice-visa. All the need is perfect understanding,love,commucation and trust,above all God to have a long lasting happy home together.

And I hope the wife isn't hoping or pestering her man for a refund? He should return it once he has but if not,the wife should just bone if and live happily jare. No big deal

1 Like

Re: Husband Borrowed Money To Pay Bride Price And Hasn't Paid Back His Wife by jeffizy(m): 8:15am On May 17, 2013
Yes, they are married.

But the guy should pay her back though.

The porridge of 20 years can still burn your tongue!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Three Unilag Student Died Celebrating Their Engagement / Married Or Not, You Should Read This ... / 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.