Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea (6023 Views)

Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison / Ministerial Screening: Group Secures Court Order To Stop Amaechi - Daily Post / Church Protests Against Boko Haram Prisoners In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Born2beRich1(m): 3:11pm On May 17, 2013
GEJ is working.. grin
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Fogman(m): 3:19pm On May 17, 2013
Afrocatalyst: If you have enuff respect for Nigeria and Mr president,one year resident permit is too small. You can do better dan dat.

Half bread is better than noon
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by onatisi(m): 3:20pm On May 17, 2013
sholay2011: Nice one...Mr President....though forget about 2015 grin

grin grin he has already won the elections in 2015 , wait for ur turn in grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by osmosisi: 4:36pm On May 17, 2013
My presido well done. Go work.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by greall1: 5:20pm On May 17, 2013
Bad guy.

akorlade: Mr president please visit malaysia and indonesia, chukwudi and emeka dey there.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by solopumpy227: 5:33pm On May 17, 2013
Please stop celebrating fake achievement here abeg.

I rememeber Britain was BEGGING to build a prison in Nigeria to downlaod all Nigerian prisoners in UK. I think this step was vehementlly quashed by very powerful international human right organisations.

The Guinea Govt have just been reliefed of some undue burdens. Arent they going to deport the prisoners back to Nigeria after there terms before?

Why didnt the President use his power to safe the Nigerian guy sentenced to death in Malaysia. What about the two Nigerian girls that have been hiding under a Church cellar for months?
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by onatisi(m): 5:39pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227: Please stop celebrating fake achievement here abeg.

I rememeber Britain was BEGGING to build a prison in Nigeria to downlaod all Nigerian prisoners in UK. I think this step was vehementlly quashed by very powerful international human right organisations.

The Guinea Govt have just been reliefed of some undue burdens. Arent they going to deport the prisoners back to Nigeria after there terms before?

Why didnt the President use his power to safe the Nigerian guy sentenced to death in Malaysia. What about the two Nigerian girls that have been hiding under a Church cellar for months?
my guy so every time a nigerian commits a crime abroad,the nigerian govt should step in and have the guy sent home abi?what type of message do u think that will send to the international community about nigeria?and maybe u didnt read the news very these set of nigerians from gunea are those that commited immigration offenses not criminal ones like the guy in Malaysia that was dealing in drugs ,are u aware of the fact that a british woman has been sentenced to death in either Malaysia or Singapore ,why hasn't she been sent home ?the point is we Nigerians must learn to respect the laws of any country we visit .
if the offense is criminal like rape ,murder or drug peddling well that nigerian is on his own

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by solopumpy227: 5:49pm On May 17, 2013
onatisi:
my guy so every time a nigerian commits a crime abroad,the nigerian govt should step in and have the guy sent home abi?what type of message do u think that will send to the international community about nigeria?and maybe u didnt read the news very these set of nigerians from gunea are those that commited immigration offenses not criminal ones like the guy in Malaysia that was dealing in drugs ,are u aware of the fact that a british woman has been sentenced to death in either Malaysia or Singapore ,why hasn't she been sent home ?the point is we Nigerians must learn to respect the laws of any country we visit .
if the offense is criminal like rape ,murder or drug peddling well that nigerian is on his own

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/03/2-nigerian-girls-seek-pres-jonathans.html

http://www.punchng.com/news/48-nigerians-remain-on-indonesia-death-row/

If Oga at the top wants to show his bragado please these lots need help badly.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by onatisi(m): 5:55pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:

[url]http://lindaikeji..com/2013/03/2-nigerian-girls-seek-pres-jonathans.html[/url]

[url]http://www.punchng.com/news/48-nigerians-remain-on-indonesia-death-row/[/url]

If Oga at the top wants to show his bragado please these lots need help badly.

bros pls what is the nature of their offenses ?that is what you should take notice of , and does Nigeria have any extradition agreement with any of these countries ?
for goodness sake why should a normal sane person carry drugs to malaysia or indonesia or saudi arabia when it is boldly written that if caught they person will face the death penalty and that person expects the president to step in ?i don't think it is the fault of the president
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by NeoXVI: 5:57pm On May 17, 2013
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by solopumpy227: 6:02pm On May 17, 2013
onatisi:
bros pls what is the nature of their offenses ?that is what you should take notice of , and does Nigeria have any extradition agreement with any of these countries ?
for goodness sake why should a normal sane person carry drugs to malaysia or indonesia or saudi arabia when it is boldly written that if caught they person will face the death penalty and that person expects the president to step in ?i don't think it is the fault of the president

http://lindaikeji..com/2012/10/2-nigerian-students-face-deportation.html

If our President can pardon a convicted looter and stand the heat from the west he should be able to make case for these young girls. What do you think?
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by onatisi(m): 6:12pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:

http://lindaikeji..com/2012/10/2-nigerian-students-face-deportation.html

If our President can pardon a convicted looter and stand the heat from the west he should be able to make case for these young girls. What do you think?

my brother , i think you are correct but remember these girls havent been deported yet , i believe that the nigerian ambassador to canada and the nigerian embassy too will be looking into the case.we must realize that some countries dont joke with their laws and that some of the things we take for granted are not pardonable in so many countries , do u know that sometime back in Singapore if u are caught that u overstayed you will first be flogged before deported, and so many other funny laws in so many other countries , i really do feel for these young girls and i think the nigerian community in canada also should come to the aid of these girls .
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 17, 2013
akorlade: Mr president please visit malaysia and indonesia, chukwudi and emeka dey there.
THU.NDER FI.RE U THERE EDIOOOOT, GO TO UK AND SEE YORUBA BEGGARS IN STREETS
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by whatzbyafria(m): 7:01pm On May 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated this in a statement.

President Goodluck Jonathan has secured the release of 10 prisoners held by Equatorial Guinea for various immigration offences, a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Friday.

It said the release of the prisoners was the outcome of the two-day official visit by Mr. Jonathan to the country between March 21 and 22.

“The host Minister of National Security disclosed that such a gesture had never been officially extended to any illegal immigrant in Equatorial Guinea from any country.

Due to the small size of the population of the country, the government was out to keep the influx of foreign nationals in the country at the minimum,” the statement said.

The statement said the Equatorial government extended the gesture because of “the high esteem and respect” held for Nigeria and Mr. Jonathan.

The government also approved the immediate issuance of one-year resident permit to the freed Nigerians and directed its ministry of national security to work closely with the Nigerian embassy in the country.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/134688-jonathan-secures-release-of-nigerian-prisoners-in-equatorial-guinea.html
Even a country with small population does not want it to increase. I wonder what Nigeria is doing with their 180m population....and by the way Jona is doing well.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Reyspin(m): 7:22pm On May 17, 2013
And the Propaganda begins... Jonathan diz Jonathan that while Nigerians continue Suffering...Only God knows the truth and he Judges...
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by brown3: 8:22pm On May 17, 2013
kutchs:
No bi small thing bro. Even Ade, Kunle and Segun dey for some British prisons. GEJ should pls help.
hahaha. Ade, femi, kunle and segun, shouid be patient in british prison on till theiftunumbu bcomes president in the nest century.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Declaration Of Public Holiday In Port Harcourt Today And Tomorrow / President Buhari To Visit Bauchi State On December 29 / Enugu Govt Earmarks Paris Club Savings For Payment Of LG Pensions, Gratuities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.