Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:34 AM

Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. (6012 Views)

Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To IBB In Minna Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 17, 2013
Abacha and IBB were estranged at the time of Abacha's death and there are widespread suspicion that IBB was behind Abacha's poisoning.
Al Mustapha's actions in facilitating IBB regains power via his relative Abdulsalami Abubakar.

It begs the question:
Was Al Mustapha working with IBB to poison Abacha? Otherwise why choose to hand power to IBB (who is suspected of being behind Abacha's poisoning) instead of any of Abacha loyalists.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 17, 2013
and the evidence of you theory is?

when will you guys stop blaming IBB for everything?
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 17, 2013
^
Evidence that IBB was behind Abacha's poisoning ?

Or that Al mUstapha facilitated the handing of power to IBB?
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by thoth: 6:52am On May 18, 2013
Lets try to look at this more differently, lets assume that Al Mustapha was betrayed by Abubakar whom sold out to the requests of washington to hand over to a civillian regime with obasanjo as the prospective puppet. Lets assume that Babangida also wants Abacha dead and therefore naturaly joined clique and provided human assets and assistance in there numerous tries to assasinate Abacha. Lets also assume that Babangida's plan of assuming power(whether directly or by proxy) was bungled and shunned by Washington for a more smoother and favorable plan so Babangida did not get what he wants afterall . Lets assume that the clique and not necessary Babangida realized their objectives.

If i say that the same team that killed Yasser Arafat are the ones that killed Abacha would anyone believe me ?
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by ayox2003: 7:37am On May 18, 2013
thoth: Lets try to look at this more differently, lets assume that Al Mustapha was betrayed by Abubakar whom sold out to the requests of washington to hand over to a civillian regime with obasanjo as the prospective puppet. Lets assume that Babangida also wants Abacha dead and therefore naturaly joined clique and provided human assets and assistance in there numerous tries to assasinate Abacha. Lets also assume that Babangida's plan of assuming power(whether directly or by proxy) was bungled and shunned by Washington for a more smoother and favorable plan so Babangida did not get what he wants afterall . Lets assume that the clique and not necessary Babangida realized their objectives.

If i say that the same team that killed Yasser Arafat are the ones that killed Abacha would anyone believe me ?

Done and dusted. You have nailed it.

Frawzey
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 9:42am On May 18, 2013
Can you elaborate on who you think killed Abacha and how you think the may have done it?
The question still remains, why did Al Mustapha effectively hand power to IBB instead of one of Abacha's loyalists?

thoth: Lets try to look at this more differently, lets assume that Al Mustapha was betrayed by Abubakar whom sold out to the requests of washington to hand over to a civillian regime with obasanjo as the prospective puppet. Lets assume that Babangida also wants Abacha dead and therefore naturaly joined clique and provided human assets and assistance in there numerous tries to assasinate Abacha. Lets also assume that Babangida's plan of assuming power(whether directly or by proxy) was bungled and shunned by Washington for a more smoother and favorable plan so Babangida did not get what he wants afterall . Lets assume that the clique and not necessary Babangida realized their objectives.

Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 9:52am On May 18, 2013
^^^^^^^

Was Abdusalami Abubakar the most senior Military officer at the time of Abacha's death? Yes or No?
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 10:10am On May 18, 2013
I am not sure , Gen.Jeremiah Useni, an Abacha loyalist possibly was most senior.
In any case Abdulsalami Abubakar clearly was not loyal to Abacha and Al Mustapha must have known this and that Abubakar was related to IBB, who was not on friendly terms with Abacha at that time.
mikeansy: ^^^^^^^

Was Abdusalami Abubakar the most senior Military officer at the time of Abacha's death? Yes or No?
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 10:13am On May 18, 2013
GenBuhari: I am not sure , Gen.Jeremiah Useni, an Abacha loyalist possibly was most senior.
In any case Abdulsalami Abubakar clearly was not loyal to Abacha and Al Mustapha must have known this and that Abubakar was related to IBB, who was not on friendly terms with Abacha at that time.

go check the reasons behind his appointment, dont think closeness to IBB was the only factor
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 11:02am On May 18, 2013
There were 2 ways of deciding Abacha's succession.

One was military rank

The other was seniority in the cabinet.

I am not sure which way round but Jeremiah Useni was highest in one category and Abdulsalami Abubakar was the highest in the other.

Al Mustapha engineered the decision to go Abdulsalami Abubakar's favour by informing him and his / IBB's supporters about Abacha's death first and informing Abacha's loyalist last of all. Why did he do this if he was not party to the plot to poison Abacha?
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 11:12am On May 18, 2013
Al Mustapha is today paying the price for his betrayal of Abacha.

If an Abacha loyalist like Useni had become head of state, Al Mustapha would probably not be in prison facing a death penalty today.

Nigeria would not have been controlled by IBB and handed over to Obasanjo for his 8 ruinous years
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by RedReact: 12:59pm On May 18, 2013
GenBuhari: There were 2 ways of deciding Abacha's succession.

One was military rank

I am not sure which way round but Jeremiah Useni was highest in one category and Abdulsalami Abubakar was the highest in the other.

Al Mustapha engineered the decision to go Abdulsalami Abubakar's favour by informing him and his / IBB's supporters about Abacha's death first and informing Abacha's loyalist last of all. Why did he do this if he was not party to the plot to poison Abacha?
At that time, who was the senior-ranked military official between Abubakar and Useni? I wish to know.
One thing I guess is that all the officials in the cabinet were caught unawares in the cause of the death of the C-in-C, who was almost on the verge of becoming the civillian president at that time, so might have shown interest in the office at that time.
Another thing is that we cannot rule out the "fright" factor of some of the cabinet members on the fear of palace coup springing up among the officers at that time.
IBB might not be in good parlance with Abacha, but I don' think Abubakar was his loyalist; though he was played in the course of the return to democratic dispensation, as no one knew a retired general would come back to be the president at that time.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 18, 2013
mikeansy: ^^^^^^^

No. Jeremiah T. Useni was the most senior officer at the time. He was prevented from getting there because he was a "christian" and very political as he held political offices before.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 18, 2013
You do not think Abdulsalami Abubakar was loyal to IBB?
They cousins and have been close since childhood and till today.
Did you not remember that IBB suddenly from retirement gained the power to select Obasanjo as the next leader of Nigeria and direct the destiny of Nigeria once Abdulsalami Abubakar became military ruler.

The question I cannot find an answer is : why should Al Mustapha, the man Abacha had trusted with his personal security hand over power to IBB of all people.
That it is why I began to wonder, whether he was some how involved in Abacha's covert assassination especially since he was in the best position to allow Abacha's security to be breached.
RedReact:
At that time, who was the senior-ranked military official between Abubakar and Useni? I wish to know.
One thing I guess is that all the officials in the cabinet were caught unawares in the cause of the death of the C-in-C, who was almost on the verge of becoming the civillian president at that time, so might have shown interest in the office at that time.
Another thing is that we cannot rule out the "fright" factor of some of the cabinet members on the fear of palace coup springing up among the officers at that time.
IBB might not be in good parlance with Abacha, but I don' think Abubakar was his loyalist; though he was played in the course of the return to democratic dispensation, as no one knew a retired general would come back to be the president at that time.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by RedReact: 1:25pm On May 18, 2013
payless:

No. Jeremiah T. Useni was the most senior officer at the time. He was prevented from getting there because he was a "christian" and very political as he held political offices before.
I suspect the bolded too, and besides the supremacists then saw Nigeria as their domain.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 18, 2013
GenBuhari: You do not think Abdulsalami Abubakar was loyal to IBB?
They cousins and have been close since childhood and till today.
Did you not remember that IBB suddenly from retirement gained the power to select Obasanjo as the next leader of Nigeria and direct the destiny of Nigeria once Abdulsalami Abubakar became military ruler.

The question I cannot find an answer is : why should Al Mustapha, the man Abacha had trusted with his personal security hand over power to IBB of all people.
That it is why I began to wonder, whether he was some how involved in Abacha's covert assassination especially since he was in the best position to allow Abacha's security to be breached.

I was at the villa on the day Abacha died. Everything was unusual. Federal Civil Service Commission which was in the villa was sealed off with military officers. My friend, Awal from Kano who his brother was a security officer at Aguda house told me something happened this morning but he wouldn't say. I lived in Abuja from 1995-2001. I had friends in the military and I know a lot of people who were very close Abacha family, Bamaiyi family, Useni family at Life Camp in Abuja and I know Abdulsalami Abukakar children and relatives.

After the death of Abacha, Al-Mustapha informed Bamaiyi before any other person. Then he told Abubakar. It was Bamaiyi who gave instruction of everything that happened immediately after Abacha died. Abdulasalami informed IBB. IBB came to Abuja as early as 11Am. There was a meeting called by IBB with the top Generals namely; Abubakar, Bamaiyi, Useni with Al-Mustapha present. During the meeting, IBB made it known that keeping Nigeria together was the most important thing. He advised that Useni was the most senior officer but he should not lead as he only had few months to retirement and his roles in political appointments. IBB told Bamaiyi he deserves to be Head of State but he should allow Abdulsalami to become head of state but Bamaiyi was not happy and started arguing that he was the first person to know about Abacha's death as early as 6AM. Bamaiyi said if he was power hungry he would have taken over because he was the Chief of Army officer and he was the closest and most trusted military officer to Abacha. He had the argument with IBB and ended up crying why they can't allow him to be Head of State. Bamaiyi told IBB that if he (Bamaiyi) was a muslim, they would have picked him to become head of state. He later gave the go ahead to let Abdulsalami become head of state.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by kunlekunle: 1:48pm On May 18, 2013
GenBuhari: I am not sure , Gen.Jeremiah Useni, an Abacha loyalist possibly was most senior.

so you believe its a traditional seat, or social organisation.
He sought advice from an elde that understood governance.

that was al mustapha's reply
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by kunlekunle: 1:53pm On May 18, 2013

He sought advice from an elder that understood governance.

that was al mustapha's reply
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 18, 2013
Interesting, except that at the Oputa panel Bamaiyi claimed that Abdulsalami was first to be told and he met him already at the villa.

Also interesting that IBB was able to arrive at the villa so prompt 11am (is that not a sign that he was expecting something to happen at the Villa?)

Why did Al Mustapha allow IBB to come to villa before he had invited Useni?
payless:

I was at the villa on the day Abacha died. Everything was unusual. Federal Civil Service Commission which was in the villa was sealed off with military officers. My friend, Awal from Kano who his brother was a security officer at Aguda house told me something happened this morning but he wouldn't say. I lived in Abuja from 1995-2001. I had friends in the military and I know a lot of people who were very close Abacha family, Bamaiyi family, Useni family at Life Camp in Abuja and I know Abdulsalami Abukakar children and relatives.

After the death of Abacha, Al-Mustapha informed Bamaiyi before any other person. Then he told Abubakar. It was Bamaiyi who gave instruction of everything that happened immediately after Abacha died. Abdulasalami informed IBB. IBB came to Abuja as early as 11Am. There was a meeting called by IBB with the top Generals namely; Abubakar, Bamaiyi, Useni with Al-Mustapha present. During the meeting, IBB made it known that keeping Nigeria together was the most important thing. He advised that Useni was the most senior officer but he should not lead as he only had few months to retirement and his roles in political appointments. IBB told Bamaiyi he deserves to be Head of State but he should allow Abdulsalami to become head of state but Bamaiyi was not happy and started arguing that he was the first person to know about Abacha's death as early as 6AM. Bamaiyi said if he was power hungry he would have taken over because he was the Chief of Army officer and he was the closest and most trusted military officer to Abacha. He had the argument with IBB and ended up crying why they can't allow him to be Head of State. Bamaiyi told IBB that if he (Bamaiyi) was a muslim, they would have picked him to become head of state. He later gave the go ahead to let Abdulsalami become head of state.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 18, 2013
GenBuhari:
Interesting, except that at the Oputa panel Bamaiyi claimed that Abdulsalami was first to be told and he met him already at the villa.

Also interesting that IBB was able to arrive at the villa so prompt 11am (is that not a sign that he was expecting something to happen at the Villa?)

Bamaiyi said that but I don't know why he said that. If Bamaiyi was a muslim, he would had been head of state. Based on Al-Mustapha account and other people's account, Bamaiyi was told first that something bad had happened, then Al-Mustapha called Abdulsalami Abubakar to tell him that Abacha had died. Abubakar called IBB immediately. In all, IBB already knew what was going on. I know IBB and Al-Mustapha killed Abacha. Abacha was few days away from arresting IBB because IBB had complained to an Emir that he won't support Abacha's plot to become civilian President. When IBB met an Emir to state his dipleasure about Abacha's intent, Abacha asked the Emir point blank to tell him about what they discussed. The Emir obliged and told Abacha what IBB said because the Emir feared the same thing that happened to Dasuki. As a matter of fact, Abacha told Al-Mustpha to prepare for the arrest of IBB which was to happen that very weekend after Abacha died. Al-Mustapha was part of IBB security officers. Abacha promoted Al-Mustapha to the Chief Security Officer after IBB left. Al-Mustapha was more loyal to IBB than Abacha. Al-Mustapha was nobody without IBB. There is no single officer who worked for or with IBB that hates him. They all love him and loyal to him to the core.

Al-Mustapha was betrayed by Abdulsalami because Al-Mustapha once humiliated him in the villa. Al-Mustapha actually told Abubakar to move fast being the Chief of Defense Staff, that he had just called Bamaiyi what happened but he didn't tell him about the death of Abacha. It was Abdulsalami Abubakar who instructed the security personnel in the villa to be changed immediately and also fortified.

Jeremiah Useni (Jerry boy) was a frequent man in the villa. He did not know what was going on until he got to the villa that morning. There is never any report of him being one of the people informed of Abacha's death.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 18, 2013
Thank you!
That sounds very credible.

You said that Al Mustapha informed Gen. Bamaiyi first that "something had happened" (without telling him specifically that Abacha had died).
He told Abdulsalami Abubakar first that Abacha had died.

It was once Abacha was killed and IBB had control of power, that Abiola's fate was sealed. If you remember that Abiola was so afraid of IBB killing him after June 12th, that he left the country until IBB resigned.

payless:

Bamaiyi said that but I don't know why he said that. Based on Al-Mustapha account and other people's account, Bamaiyi was told first that something bad had happened, then Al-Mustapha called Abdulsalami Abubakar to tell him that Abacha had died. Abubakar called IBB immediately. In all, IBB already knew what was going on. I know IBB and Al-Mustapha killed Abacha. Abacha was few days away from arresting IBB because IBB had complained to an Emir that he won't support Abacha's plot to become civilian President. When IBB met an Emir to state his dipleasure about Abacha's intent, Abacha asked the Emir point blank to tell him about what they discussed. The Emir obliged and told Abacha what IBB said because the Emir feared the same this that happened to Dasuki. As a matter of fact, Abacha told Al-Mustpha to prepare for the arrest of IBB which was to happen that very weekend after Abacha died. Al-Mustapha was part of IBB security officers. Abacha promoted Al-Mustapha to the Chief Securoty Officer after IBB left. Al-Mustapha was more loyal to IBB than Abacha. Al-Mustapha was nobody without IBB. There is no single officer who worked for or with IBB that hates him. They all love him and loyal to him to the core.

Al-Mustapha was was betrayed by Abdulsalami because Al-Mustapha once humiliated him in the villa. Al-Mustapha actually told Abubakar to move fast being the Chief of Defense Staff, that he had just called Bamaiyi about the death of Abacha. It was Abdulsalami Abubakar who instructed the security personnel in the villa to be changed immediately and also fortified.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 18, 2013
GenBuhari: Thank you!
That sounds very credible.

You said that Al Mustapha informed Gen. Bamaiyi first that "something had happened" (without telling him specifically that Abacha had died).
He told Abdulsalami Abubakar first that Abacha had died.

It was once Abacha was killed and IBB had control of power, that Abiola's fate was sealed. If you remember that Abiola was so afraid of IBB killing him after June 12th, that he left the country until IBB resigned.

Exactly! IBB can kill anyone. Obasanjo knew this, so he told his wife Stella Obasanjo to cook all his food. Obasanjo wouldn't taste anything cooked or made by anyone except his wife. Imagine Stella had to ship raw food for Obsanjo from Abeokuta directly to the villa every week. She wouldn't even allow anyone to buy their food from any market in Abuja. That is how much they fear IBB's penetration. They all feared IBB because IBB has loyalists in every tribes and every corner of the government. No one ever say no to IBB when he asks you for favour. Even if the favour is to kill someone.

IBB had the believe that he would be back to become Nigeria President again. Obasanjo was able to stop him. 2 billion naira spent on campaign materials for IBB are still sittiing at government house in Minna.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Gorrbachev: 5:59pm On May 18, 2013

One was military rank

Abdulsalam was a fellow Muslim and fellow Mallam

Jerry Useni is a Christian from Plateau state (Berom/Angas) not sure.

Answered your question?
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by RedReact: 6:05pm On May 18, 2013
payless:

Exactly! IBB can kill anyone. Obasanjo knew this, so he told his wife Stella Obasanjo to cook all his food. Obasanjo wouldn't taste anything cooked or made by anyone except his wife. Imagine Stella had to ship raw food for Obsanjo from Abeokuta directly to the villa every week. She wouldn't even allow anyone to buy their food from any market in Abuja. That is how much they fear IBB's penetration. They all feared IBB because IBB has loyalists in every tribes and every corner of the government. No one ever say no to IBB when he asks you for favour. Even if the favour is to kill someone.

IBB had the believe that he would be back to become Nigeria President again. Obasanjo was able to stop him. 2 billion naira spent on campaign materials for IBB are still sittiing at government house in Minna.
That gap-toothed man is a devil. He wanted power at all cost after Abacha died and also wanted to appear clean with it. He never thought an ex-military man could be voted as a president again. If not, OBJ wouldn't have been approached by him at all.
The unclear scenario here is this: was Al-Mustapha loyal to IBB or Abacha? If it were to be the former, how could he (al-Mustapha) play his game and win the latter's heart without being detected?
Another question is this: Who was/were behind the Diya coup?
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by aflag: 6:14pm On May 18, 2013
heard frm a very credible source that JT Useni declined to be the c in c because he felt the Abacha family and associate would suspect he has a hand in hís death.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 18, 2013
RedReact:
That gap-toothed man is a devil. He wanted power at all cost after Abacha died and also wanted to appear clean with it. He never thought an ex-military man could be voted as a president again. If not, OBJ wouldn't have been approached by him at all.
The unclear scenario here is this: was Al-Mustapha loyal to IBB or Abacha? If it were to be the former, how could he (al-Mustapha) play his game and win the latter's heart without being detected?
Another question is this: Who was/were behind the Diya coup?

Al-Mustapha was loyal to Abacha to the core but loyalty pass loyalty. Al-Mustapha could not do what Abacha wanted him to do to the man who helped him a lot in the military. Imagine IBB as Chief of Army Staff coming to a junior officer's house to say hi to his wife after child birth. That is IBB for you. He knows people by their surnames. When IBB knows you, he also wants to know your wife, mother, father children and everyone in your family. IBB as a senior military officer would show up at your family gathering to say hello without being invited. Now tell me if you will be loyal to him or not. Imagine IBB calling a junior officer to his office to talk about the problem the junior officer is facing and giving a helping hand. Tell me how you won't be loyal to him. IBB and his wife were into drug business and on fridays, he never shied away from handing cash to his junior officers who knows his business.

IBB is such a person that no matter the wrong doing he did to you in the past, you have to love him whenever you remember the good things he did for you in the past. You cannot completely hate him. Obasanjo prevented him from coming back but Obasanjo is the first person ready to come to his defense whenever anyone tries to say anything bad about IBB. You cannot complete hate IBB.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 18, 2013
aflag: heard frm a very credible source that JT Useni declined to be the c in c because he felt the Abacha family and associate would suspect he has a hand in hís death.

No!
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 18, 2013
payless:

DAZ ALL.
even zimi my late dog that died few days after that of abacha cos of the HBP abacha's government caused her then knew that useni was the highest ranked military personnel after abacha.
abubarker got a double promotion that night just to silence jboy cos he was a christian and forced his retirement.
mustaphar allowed his religious bigotry to have a better part of him and were is he today?
dumped into detention by the same abdulsalami.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by RedReact: 7:39pm On May 18, 2013
byrron:

DAZ ALL.
even zimi my late dog that died few days after that of abacha cos of the HBP abacha's government caused her then knew that useni was the highest ranked military personnel after abacha.
abubarker got a double promotion that night just to silence jboy cos he was a christian and forced his retirement.
mustaphar allowed his religious bigotry to have a better part of him and were is he today?
dumped into detention by the same abdulsalami.

Al-Mustapha had to pay for his sins now, hence the mistake of allowing religious sentiment at that time.
He and his gap-toothed evil-Merodach will surely pay for their sins. Same for the Abacha family members.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 18, 2013
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by thoth: 5:30am On May 19, 2013
GenBuhari: Can you elaborate on who you think killed Abacha and how you think the may have done it?
The question still remains, why did Al Mustapha effectively hand power to IBB instead of one of Abacha's loyalists?

The Mossad effectively obtained an asset very close to Arafat, some of his most trusted bodyguards are Mossad agents. Israel wants to snuff him out when they want it. The problem is that just doing that at any period would escalate the situation in a way not favourable to Israel. Anyway we do have all indications that the poison that killed Abacha was administered on Arafats Visit and i strongly believe that the US made use of Israeli assets to accomplish the Job. I can name a couple of chemicals of which just a minutes administration would induce the same effect described on Abacha last moments. There are also many ways to inject somebody with minute dosage of any chemical without the person knowing though such techniques are not very common.
All these does not rule out the fact the Babangida wants Abacha out and may have assisted in the plot one time or another but his assets did not contribute much to the end result.
Re: Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. by thoth: 5:37am On May 19, 2013

One was military rank

I really find it hard to believe that Mustapha would switch to Babangida's tent since during Abacha's regime Mustapha was very effective and even enthusiastic in crushing all efforts by Babangida to build back his power base, infact the brutality of Abacha against him effectively isolated him from most people whom are afraid to have his bad fortune rubbed off on them. In all those time Al Mustapha was the key head of those policies and common sense would have told him to avoid IBB by all means when Abacha died.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. / Igbos and Yorubas should stop displaying their Stupidity. / Obafemi Awolowo: Nigeria Is Not A Nation. It Is A Mere Geographical Expression.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.