Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (5981 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / See The Ranking Of Governors Based On Their Perfomance So Far And Add Yours / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by MichaelAustin(m): 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
To end speculation of who is the 4th nigerian among the ethnic groups of nigeria, here is a statistical ranking of tribes an ethnic groups in nigeria:
Yoruba 21%
Hausa 21%
Igbo 18%
Fulani 11%
Efik/Ibibio 7%
Kanuri 4%
Tiv 3%
Edo 3%
Ijaw 2%
Others 10%
Source: nigeria encyclopaedia

3 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
MichaelAustin: To end speculation of who is the 4th nigerian among the ethnic groups of nigeria, here is a statistical ranking of tribes an ethnic groups in nigeria:
Yoruba 21%
Hausa 21%
Igbo 18%
Fulani 11%
Efik/Ibibio 7%
Kanuri 4%
Tiv 3%
Edo 3%
Ijaw 2%
Others 10%

WETIN U DE SMOKE OP?

12 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Harmthe(m): 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
I tanj God Obama nevet marry Alafin Daughter
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Harmthe(m): 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
I tank God Obama never marry Alafin Daughter
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by rawpadgin(m): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
& whose opinion is this?
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by lirusehn(m): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2014

Igbo 18? undecided
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
No way!
lirusehn:
Igbo 18? undecided

6 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by lyntiffany(f): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
ammyluv2002: No way!
Yep It's not possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
lyntiffany: Yep It's not possible.
Thank you jare

1 Like

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by lyntiffany(f): 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
ammyluv2002: Thank you jare
UWC dear wink
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Let the noise begin
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Rawani: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
MichaelAustin: To end speculation of who is the 4th nigerian among the ethnic groups of nigeria, here is a statistical ranking of tribes an ethnic groups in nigeria:
Yoruba 21%
Hausa 21%
Igbo 18%
Fulani 11%
Efik/Ibibio 7%
Kanuri 4%
Tiv 3%
Edo 3%
Ijaw 2%
Others 10%

In other words, Hausa/Fulani - 32% and North - 36%. One third of all regions. cool.

6 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by classicEntity(m): 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
The coming '2016 national population census' will tell better, thank God it will be under the watchful golden eagle eyes of GEJ and someone (name with held). This time no cows or rams will be counted or figures allocated to sm ppl, till then sha. God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by kadas01(m): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is completely ridiculous!!
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
North takes pole position on my analysis grin

1 Like

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
classicEntity: The coming '2016 national population census' will tell better, thank God it will be under the watchful golden eagle eyes of GEJ and someone (name with held). This time no cows or rams will be counted or figures allocated to sm ppl, till then sha. God bless Nigeria.

Do you disagree that North is more populated than South? I sincerely believe it is.

2 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by papparatzzi2013: 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Abagworo:

Do you disagree that North is more populated than South? I sincerely believe it is.

I agree with you. Let us be factual for once, those guys are more populated than the south. They produce babies like rats, couple with poverty and early marriage, without birth control.

How can SE with its small landmass be comparing her population with the North? They believe because they are densely populated, they are more, without taking into cognizance the landmass.

If you put 5cubes of sugar in a teaspoon and 8 in pot, it does not mean the sugar in the teaspoon is more, just that the space is occupying is more dense and saturated, than the other.

13 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Sealeddeal(m): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
the percentage assigned to Hausa and Fulani is just plain nonsense.
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Sealeddeal(m): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
papparatzzi2013:

Let us be factual for once, those guys are more populated than the south. They produce babies like rats, couple with poverty and early marriage, without birth control.
they dies like rats too and that should be considered as well.

9 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by PhockPhockMan: 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Rawani:

In other words, Hausa/Fulani - 32% and North - 36%. One third of all regions. cool.
We're not talking about land mass here but people. Igbo can't be only 18% abeg.

1 Like

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
Give us regionalism and 100% resource control. Let each region(despite the population) cater for itslef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by papparatzzi2013: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
Sealeddeal: they dies like rats too and that should be considered as well.

Be that as it may, their birth rate surpasses their death rate in large proportion.

A kid that gets married at 12 will have 8kids by age 30, how many of such case exists in the south?

3 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by priscaoge(f): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
I believe that of North,those people sabi born pikincheesy+they marry @ their early age!

4 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Colonial records have Igbo as 50% of the total sum of all of southern Nigeria. If you're in Nigeria you will see it with your own eyes, people need to stop selling myths.

4 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yoruba 21%
Hausa 21%
Igbo 18%
Fulani 11%
Efik/Ibibio 7%
Kanuri 4%
Tiv 3%
Edo 3%
Ijaw 2%
Others 10%
What a joke!!!

2 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ikengawo: Colonial records have Igbo as 50% of the total sum of all of southern Nigeria. If you're in Nigeria you will see it with your own eyes, people need to stop selling myths.
Bwhahahahaaaa

ibos making up the highest number of refugees and internally displaced persons in Nigeria does not necessarily mean you have the highest population figure

15 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
barcanista: What a joke!!!
The thing sef funny me.
Ijaws 2% LMAO.
Anway, i am less concerned. What i want is True federalism, regionalism and resource control

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: The thing sef funny me.
Ijaws 2% LMAO.
Anway, i am less concerned. What i want is True federalism, regionalism and resource control
They always rely on jokes. As for the emboldened, I am confident that we shall get there soon. Beside, take a look @ this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1907251/major-jasper-isaac-adaka-boro
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by PhockPhockMan: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Abagworo:

Then, why are they afraid of credible census?
It's only in Nigeria desert is more populated than rain forest.
So unfortunate.

5 Likes

Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ikengawo: Colonial records have Igbo as 50% of the total sum of all of southern Nigeria. If you're in Nigeria you will see it with your own eyes, people need to stop selling myths.

It is true. Remember the Biafran war reduced Igbo population in millions while we are dispersed consisting a sizeable chunk of other regions today. Maybe if ethnicity is included, Igbos might actually be the most populous but I doubt it can be done with present reality.
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Sealeddeal(m): 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: Give us regionalism and 100% resource control. Let each region(despite the population) cater for itslef
you should as well ask for total division of Nigeria.
Re: See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by PhockPhockMan: 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
barcanista: What a joke!!!
Which one is a joke?
18% allocated to Igbos?

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari And Gov. El-rufai’s Unrewarding Jibes / Enugu Govt Explains Delay In Road Maintenance / The Moment Northerners Hailed And Waved At Boko Haram(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.