Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (16099 Views)

Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period / President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by KnowAll(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2013
One of the ways American Presidents get the sympathies of their country's men and women is by going to wars, or better still invading lesser nations. The invasion of Granada, a small island nation in the Atlantic Ocean boosted Ronald Regan's Approval ratings into the stratosphere making him secure a second term with such an ease. so was George Bush senior's invasion of and eventual apprehension of the Panama strong man(Noriega), if the elections were held within the year of the invasion he would have secured re-election easily.

His approval ratings also hit the stratosphere just after the apprehension and eventual jailing of General Noriga. George Bush Snr could easily have secured a second term if not for Ross Perot who ran as an independent splitting and decimating the Republican votes hence his eventual loss of that election.

Noriega was Apprehended in Dec 1989, but the elections was not held for another 3.5 years in 1993. So from this little lesson of history, all Jonathan have to do going forward is to pursue a populist program before 2015.

The President has the momentum at the moment, and many ACN voters were not only embarrass by Mr Lai Mohammed's thoughtless criticism of the declaration of the State of Emergency, but are readily happy to dissociate themselves from such childish, amateurish and ill-timed criticism and to make matters worse, one of the associating parties planning to form the APC mega party, and I am talking of ANPP here, has come out openly to support Mr President's stance, obviously the Governor's of those states feels the pain of the pinch, unlike the ACN Governors who are more or less at the moment immune from the travails of what the citizenry of those states in the NE are going through.

So Mr President more grease to your elbow. cool

33 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by ITbomb(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by slinkky(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2013
mismanagement of the state of emergency could also, turn public opinion against him.

6 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by hopy68(m): 4:13pm On May 17, 2013
yeah mk jona carry go we dey follow him 4 bck haters go to hell...

3 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 17, 2013
The President is working,the country is moving forward and Nigerians are happy even though every tom and harry wants this unfortunate marriage to end. But since it hasn't come to an end yet,we stand gidigba behind bro GEJ, JTF do your job use your weapon of Mass D whenever is needed in Borno,Yobe,kano,adamawa and even Kastina. Up fair justice!!!!!!! Hey JTF,please don't touch innocent people !!!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 17, 2013
Nigeria is not america.

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 17, 2013
Do not be deceived about any approval rating hitting the roof. What people are saying is that he should have this 18 months ago. Several people had complained he had been too soft on Boko Haram and it has taken him this long to do something he should have done 18 months ago. Do you think OBJ would have waited this long?

He has shown how confused he really is by first of all declaring amnesty and a month later a state of emergency. Does this man called GEJ really know what he is doing? The State of Emergency is Long overdue.

20 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by solomon111(m): 4:38pm On May 17, 2013
Nashville: Do not be deceived about any approval rating hitting the roof. What people are saying is that he should have this 18 months ago. Several people had complained he had been too soft on Boko Haram and it has taken him this long to do something he should have done 18 months ago. Do you think OBJ would have waited this long?

He has shown how confused he really is by first of all declaring amnesty and a month later a state of emergency. Does this man called GEJ really know what he is doing? The State of Emergency is Long overdue.
you think politics in Nigeria is as easy you think?
A nation where various ethnic interests must first be taken into consideration.
Smh.

48 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by davechika(m): 4:42pm On May 17, 2013
some people just hate GEJ just for the fun of it, must you criticize everything he does simply because your blinded by hate? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Idokojimmy: 4:45pm On May 17, 2013
Nashville: Do not be deceived about any approval rating hitting the roof. What people are saying is that he should have this 18 months ago. Several people had complained he had been too soft on Boko Haram and it has taken him this long to do something he should have done 18 months ago. Do you think OBJ would have waited this long?

That GEJ didn't declare SOE when u wanted doesn't make him weak. He is a democrat. He explored all available option with the intent of peacefully resolving all security issues in the country. His resort to SOE was becos the insurgents were becoming more daring.
Truth be told, GEJ'S decisive decision has endeared him more to the people. He has cored more point

35 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 17, 2013
solomon111: you think politics in Nigeria is as easy you think?
A nation where various ethnic interests must first be taken into consideration.
Smh.

Boko Haram has killed over three thousand people in that same country and they are threathening to kill more .... so tell me what the commander in chief was waiting for? Make the number reach fifty thousand?

15 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 17, 2013
The approval rating of the president has always been high amongst REAL PEOPLE on ground. The REAL PEOPLE on ground include:

- those who use the revived rail transport system
- those who travel along the improving federal roads
- the winners of the first and second editions of YOUWIN
- the beneficiaries of the Graduate Internship scheme
- the 5,000 people per state who are beneficiaries of the SURE-P women and youth empowerment scheme
- the pregnant women who are beneficiaries of the SURE-P maternal health intervention programme
- the non-academic and academic staff in the BRAND NEW 9 federal universities
- the farmers that are now receiving subsidized fertilizers and improved seeds
- the pioneer students of the 9 new federal universities
- those who travel by air and use the Airports frequently
- those who voted for the FIRST TIME in their life and saw their vote count
- etc, etc

40 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 17, 2013

I dont understand. Were you expecting the president to declare state of emergency as the initial step in tackling boko haram? I hope you know majority of those in the army are northerners and muslims? For these solders to turn their guns against a group which also call themselves muslims (boko haram), they have to be fully convinced that it is the only way of ending the crisis. The president's action enjoys widespread support because it is clear to all, even northerners and muslims in the army, that SOE is justified. If the president had declared full blast military operation when other options have not been fully explored, one cannot rule out dissent or half-hearted obedience by certain sections of the army.

Even in doing the right thing, timing is very important. If you do the right thing at the wrong time it may be counterproductive. The right thing should be done at the right time to achieve desired result

35 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I dont understand. Were you expecting the president to declare state of emergency as the initial step in tackling boko haram? I hope you know majority of those in the army are northerners and muslims? For these solders to turn their guns against a group which also call themselves muslims (boko haram), they have to be fully convinced that it is the only way of ending the crisis. The president's action enjoys widespread support because it is clear to all, even northerners and muslims in the army, that SOE is justified. If the president had declared full blast military operation when other options have not been fully explored, one cannot rule out dissent or half-hearted obedience by certain sections of the army.

Even in doing the right thing, timing is very important. If you do the right thing at the wrong time it may be counterproductive. The right thing should be done at the right time to achieve desired result

Tell me what other avenue was explored before declaring a SOE. Oh, he had to wait for over 3,000 people to be killed before he realised this was a big problem. What about the families of the over 3,000 people that lost their lives to BH.

Boko Haram had declared war on Nigeria over two years ago and he is just realising it is serious. He should have crushed them before it became such a huge problem. The leader of Boko Haram had been put on the US terror list and they spoke of enlisting Boko Haram as a terrorist organisation, yet GEJ did nothing even declaring amnesty for them.

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by solopumpy227: 5:18pm On May 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The approval rating of the president has always been high amongst REAL PEOPLE on ground. The REAL PEOPLE on ground include:

- those who use the revived rail transport system
- those who travel along the improving federal roads
- the winners of the first and second editions of YOUWIN
- the beneficiaries of the Graduate Internship scheme
- the 5,000 people per state who are beneficiaries of the SURE-P women and youth empowerment scheme
- the pregnant women who are beneficiaries of the SURE-P maternal health intervention programme
- the non-academic and academic staff in the BRAND NEW 9 federal universities
- the farmers that are now receiving subsidized fertilizers and improved seeds
- the pioneer students of the 9 new federal universities
- those who travel by air and use the Airports frequently
- those who voted for the FIRST TIME in their life and saw their vote count
- etc, etc

Hahh I saw this coming but please send my advice to the Aso Rock. We should concentrate on subjugating these militants (with minimal collateral damages) first before you resume campaigns. The least the FG needs now is distraction.

We have only seen the beginning of the military expedition and its too early to start counting your chicken.

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 17, 2013
Nashville:

Tell me what other avenue was explored before declaring a SOE. Oh, he had to wait for over 3,000 people to be killed before he realised this was a big problem. What about the families of the over 3,000 people that lost their lives to BH.

Boko Haram had declared war on Nigeria over two years ago and he is just realising it is serious. He should have crushed them before it became such a huge problem. The leader of Boko Haram had been put on the US terror list and they spoke of enlisting Boko Haram as a terrorist organisation, yet GEJ did nothing even declaring amnesty for them.
Stop the lies. Govt did not declare amnesty for boko haram. A committee was set up to explore the possibility and modality for amnesty.

In the last two years, the govt strategy with regards to boko haram had been minimal force, restraint, dialogue and wide consultation. A possibility of amnesty was the last to be added to the list. However, from all indications, those strategies did not achieve desired result. That necessitated deployment of extreme measures and SOE.

ACN criticised the SOE and suggested "dialogue" and "minimal force". So how is that different from what the govt had tried in the last 2yrs?

12 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:

Hahh I saw this coming but please send my advice to the Aso Rock. We should concentrate on subjugating these militants (with minimal collateral damages) first before you resume campaigns. The least the FG needs now is distraction.

We have only seen the beginning of the military expedition and its too early to start counting your chicken.
Maybe you'r the one "counting chicken". Check my previous posts, even before SOE, you'll see the glaring consistency and even more detailed catalogue of achievements of the govt.

2 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 17, 2013
War against another nation is quite different from fighting insurgency within your borders. If emergency declaration gets the job done with minimal casualties, it works for GEJ. But if it drags on with casualties mounting on both sides, it becomes a liability for GEJ.

That's why the best response now is simply Time Will Tell.

4 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by solopumpy227: 5:42pm On May 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Maybe you'r the one "counting chicken". Check my previous posts, even before SOE, you'll see the glaring consistency and even more detailed catalogue of achievements of the govt.

I surely see your previous posts but the only thing is that I never see them in real life. The achievements seem to only occur in your mind.

I have asked you to give me pictures but you will keep posting rurbish. My likes dont just believe potentially duibious xters like you we investigate and deduce.

The Fashola you are trying to smear can daze you with pictures of achievements that will paralyze you ditto the Akwa-Ibom and River's Govt. But with like 60% of the cake going to your Oga at the top you should be able to back all your achievement stories with verifiable pictures.

4 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by solomon111(m): 5:58pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:

I surely see your previous posts but the only thing is that I never see them in real life. The achievements seem to only occur in your mind.

I have asked you to give me pictures but you will keep posting rurbish. My likes dont just believe potentially duibious xters like you we investigate and deduce.

The Fashola you are trying to smear can daze you with pictures of achievements that will paralyze you ditto the Akwa-Ibom and River's Govt. But with like 60% of the cake going to your Oga at the top you should be able to back all your achievement stories with verifiable pictures.

pls can you tell me any project of fashola that's not in other states.

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by solopumpy227: 6:06pm On May 17, 2013
solomon111: pls can you tell me any project of fashola that's not in other states.
Please ask Eko-Ile. I dont work for Fashola.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by KnowAll(m): 6:11pm On May 17, 2013
I think Okorocha would be embarrassed by ACN's position with regards to "SOE" already RIbadu has come out equivocally in support of the President. Where does Okorocha stand at least we no where ANPP stands. undecided

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by solomon111(m): 6:29pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:
Please ask Eko-Ile. I dont work for Fashola.
Then you are an idiott for saying what you are not sure of.
Why would you rate fashola's govt higher than akpabio and amaechi's govt when you don't even know what you are talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:

Double post
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:

You want pictures? Pictures of what? Pictures of the Lagos-kano train or train services on other routes? Pictures of winners of YOUWIN? Pictures of completed or ongoing road projects?

Anyway, except you just joined NL yesterday, you would have seen pictures upon pictures of PICTURABLE things. But those who have been blinded by hate cannot see no matter what. If you want pictures, go to my profile or use GOOGLE.

4 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by sammyzacks(m): 6:35pm On May 17, 2013
We love Goodluck.If the this SOE works he will come back 2015 unopposed.

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 17, 2013
sammyzacks: We love Goodluck.If the this SOE works he will come back 2015 unopposed.

BY God's grace,it will work
We all need it to work
The northerners need it to work more than southerners ,the war is after all at their end

2 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by ochukoccna: 7:11pm On May 17, 2013
Hmmn undecided
I recall Sarah Jubril had high approval ratings amongst the PDP female delegates during her party's 2010/2011 presidential primaries only for her to recieve a MASSIVE TWO VOTES when the results were declared cheesy
I wonder who else voted for her beside herself grin
Hmnn approval rating indeed cool

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by vanstanzy(m): 7:11pm On May 17, 2013
Not surprised! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by vanstanzy(m): 7:12pm On May 17, 2013
KnowAll: One of the ways American Presidents get the sympathies of their country's men and women is by going to wars, or better still invading lesser nations. The invasion of Granada, a small island in the Atlantic Ocean boosted Ronald Regan's Approval ratings into the stratosphere making him secure a second term with such an ease. so was George Bush senior's invasion of and eventual apprehension of the Panama strong man(Noriega), if the elections were held within the year of the invasion he would have secured re-election easily.

His approval ratings also hit the stratosphere just after the apprehension and eventual jailing of General Noriga. George Bush Snr could easily have secured a second term if not for Ross Perot who ran as an independent splitting and decimating the Republican votes hence his eventual loss of the election.

Noriega was Apprehended in Dec 1989, but the elections was not held for another 3.5 years in 1993. So from this little lesson of history, all Jonathan have to do going forward is to pursue a populist program before 2015.

The President has the momentum at the moment, and many ACN voters were not only embarrass by Mr Lai Mohammed's thoughtless criticism of the declaration of the State of Emergency, but are readily happy to dissociate themselves from such childish, amateurish and ill-time criticism and to make matters worse, one of the associating parties planning to form the APC mega party, and I am talking of[b] ANPP here, has come out openly to support Mr President's stance, [/b]obviously the Governor's of those states feels the pain of the pinch, unlike the ACN Governors who are more or less at the moment immune from the travails of what the citizenry of those states in the NE are going through.

So Mr President more grease to your elbow. cool

We all know that ANPP is only supporting the SoE because their Gov'nors were not removed, and replaced with military administrators.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by saintvc(m): 7:12pm On May 17, 2013
slinkky: mismanagement of the state of emergency could also, turn public opinion against him.

public opinion is already against him

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by otokx(m): 7:13pm On May 17, 2013
Straight 5 working days and there is no NEPA in University of Port Harcourt.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Accepts Aisha Alhassan Resignation / Osinbajo And Fake News Are Co-joined Twins - Reno Omokri / Governor Nasir El-rufai Revalidates His APC Membership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.