Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

I Don’t Know What FG Is Doing With Our Recommendations - Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Know What FG Is Doing With Our Recommendations - Ribadu (510 Views)

See What FG Has Actually Achieved / Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Rejoinder: What FG will never tell you about Kaduna Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Know What FG Is Doing With Our Recommendations - Ribadu by Ovularia: 10:34pm On May 17, 2013
Task force on petroleum revenues: I don’t know what FG is doing with our recommendations - Ribadu

Written by Christian Okeke -Abuja Friday, 17 May 2013 01:06

FORMER chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and erstwhile chairman Presidential Task Force on Petroleum Revenues, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu on Thursday said he was still waiting for government’s response on the recommendations made by the task force and could not tell whether the government is already implementing them.

Ribadu spoke when Department for International Development (DFID)’s Parliamentary Undersecretary of State and Minister for Africa, Lynne Featherstone sought his views on the way forward for Nigeria’s anti-corruption agenda.

When Minister Featherstone asked about follow-up to PRSTF report, Ribadu answered, “I’m still waiting for government’s response.”

Featherstone had called on Ribadu to gain his insight on Nigeria’s current anti-corruption agenda.

She commended Mallam Ribadu for his work as an anti-corruption champion.

The UK has had a long-standing partnership with Nigeria on combating corruption.

With UK support, since 2004 the EFCC has recovered around £8 billion in cash and stolen assets, and charged 338 people on corruption charges.

The partnership led to the conviction and imprisonment of former Governor James Ibori and his associates by a UK court and secured the first conviction of a UK firm for bribery of Nigerian officials.

Featherstone is the UK Government Minister responsible for Nigeria in the Department for International Development (DFID). UK aid is delivered by DFID.

Minister Featherstone is in Nigeria to review progress on the scale up of DFID’s development programmes.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/12073-task-force-on-petroleum-revenues-i-don-t-know-what-fg-is-doing-with-our-recommendations-ribadu

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What FG Is Doing With Our Recommendations - Ribadu by apoti(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2013
Hmmmmm, FG oya answer

(1) (Reply)

2015: No Vacancy In Aso Rock -alamieyeseigha / Any Nairalanders In Akhlahoma? Nairalanders Cares / Health: Uduaghan's Exemplary Successes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.