Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself (44795 Views)

Okorocha Rejects Appointment Given To His Daughter, Uju Rochas Anwuka By FG / Dogara Needs To Go Back To Law School Because Budget Padding Is Corruption / Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by easrael(f): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2016
Early this morning, I read a directive by the Central Bank of Nigeria to all Banks in the country where it ordered all banks in Nigeria to start charging N50 on all transactions that are above N1,000 from ALL Nigerians.

Now, as many of us may now know this until the banks start charging it and they give you tons of excuses for it.
Here are three facts why THIS charge is a FRAUD in totality!

1. This charge is to be under a particular stamp duty which is illegal in banking transactions! At least, I know stamp duties are charged under postal orders and not on some bank transactions.

2. The account number the money is to be remitted into (CBN NIPOST Stamp Duty Collection Account No 3000047517) is not the popular TSA account number which was created as the ONLY Government transaction’s correspondence! What this means is that the Federal Government is as corrupt as anything you can imagine, using this scheme to deprive the middle class off their hard earned money!

3. This scheme of generating funds was not listed as one of the means to be used to generate funds this year in the 2016 budget! I have read the 1800 page document page to page in details that I can almost tell where a particular item is placed. You all can take the pain to read it too. This government never listed this means as a non-oil revenue making means.

What this scheme is scheduled to do is to suffer the middle class and the lower class in Nigeria to feed some greedy, corrupt and selfish upper class. Why hasn’t the FG set up a tax on luxury items which the upper class in our strata is entitled to?

There are so many questions begging for answers that, some of which many among us will avoid answering them. I’ll leave you with this: Do not ever think you’ll benefit from the N5,000 to be given to the unemployed people because it is strictly a Northern affair! That is where we have the poorest of the poor!

Salem

Israel Oladipupo Ogunseye tweets via @LadiSpeaks

342 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Emperorone(m): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2016
There is no difference between this government and the Nigeria Police....Siamese twins

266 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by NavierStokes(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2016
As someone aptly put it: this govt gave us 50kobo on pms and are taking 50naira from our bank transactions.
"Change"

324 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Yorubago(f): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2016
LOL

OP

We all know this abeg

FTC

Before dem lalasticlala and co carry this thing to OP

*modified*

Don't take this to OP again lalasticlala

I am not the FTC again

Two men above me stole my position and I'll suffer them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Super1Star: 11:22am On Jan 20, 2016

Something is an Act, a law in its own right and your are here debating something that is not debatable.

FG only implemented the law. How is that a crime?

We are too used to lawlessness in this country to the extent that we now believe it is the right way of life.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Tokt: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2016
Arrant Nonsense. We are looking for immediate ways to depend less on crude oil money and run the economy u are here talking rubbish.
If u aren't happy, go to court and Sue the govt.
Besides, what the govt simply did is an implementation of an existing law that was never enforced. It's not a new law.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Yorubago(f): 11:56am On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:
Arrant Nonsense. We are looking for immediate ways to depend less on crude oil money and run the economy u are here talking rubbish.
Besides, what the govt simply did is an implementation of an existing law that was never enforced. It's not a new law.

Some people will defend anything this government does even though its arrant nonsense

409 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by idupaul: 11:59am On Jan 20, 2016
easrael:
Early this morning, I read a directive by the Central Bank of Nigeria to all Banks in the country where it ordered all banks in Nigeria to start charging N50 on all transactions that are above N1,000 from ALL Nigerians.

Now, as many of us may now know this until the banks start charging it and they give you tons of excuses for it.
Here are three facts why THIS charge is a FRAUD in totality!

1. This charge is to be under a particular stamp duty which is illegal in banking transactions! At least, I know stamp duties are charged under postal orders and not on some bank transactions.

2. The account number the money is to be remitted into (CBN NIPOST Stamp Duty Collection Account No 3000047517) is not the popular TSA account number which was created as the ONLY Government transaction’s correspondence! What this means is that the Federal Government is as corrupt as anything you can imagine, using this scheme to deprive the middle class off their hard earned money!

3. This scheme of generating funds was not listed as one of the means to be used to generate funds this year in the 2016 budget! I have read the 1800 page document page to page in details that I can almost tell where a particular item is placed. You all can take the pain to read it too. This government never listed this means as a non-oil revenue making means.

What this scheme is scheduled to do is to suffer the middle class and the lower class in Nigeria to feed some greedy, corrupt and selfish upper class. Why hasn’t the FG set up a tax on luxury items which the upper class in our strata is entitled to?

There are so many questions begging for answers that, some of which many among us will avoid answering them. I’ll leave you with this: Do not ever think you’ll benefit from the N5,000 to be given to the unemployed people because it is strictly a Northern affair! That is where we have the poorest of the poor!

Salem

Israel Oladipupo Ogunseye tweets via @LadiSpeaks

You have said it all bro

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by idupaul: 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:

I see your director has mandated you guys to intercept and engage any dissenting view.? 50 naira stamp duty is nothing but brazen thievery by the govt. .what have the done with VAT they collect on every single service and sale ... as a father if u need to improve urgent household will you tax the children's pocket money they got from you or you will strive to earn more from outside the home

207 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Tokt: 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
[s]
idupaul:

I see your director has mandated you guys to intercept and engage any dissenting view.? 50 naira stamp duty is nothing but brazen thievery by the govt. .what have the done with VAT they collect on every single service and sale ... as a father if u need to improve urgent household will you tax the children's pocket money they got from you or you will strive to earn more from outside the home
[/s]

Rubbish. Who is ur own dilector?
Again, if u are aggrived, go to court and lament there.
What the govt is doing is implementing existing laws and not creating new ones.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by obasiken: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:
[s][/s]

APC agents of change. Plate of rice is working.

265 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by idupaul: 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:
[s][/s]

I don't blame u because you know with out the Postal duty scam the govt can't pay your director so he can pay you for every post you put up on social media

153 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Tokt: 12:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
[s]
idupaul:

I don't blame u because you know with out the Postal duty scam the govt can't pay your director so he can pay you for every post you put up on social media
[/s]

again tell me who ur dilector is that u kept referring to shamelessly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by obasiken: 12:28pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:
[s][/s]

Senseless post. NEXT.

From yur post i can deduce you have not left your fathers house so u dont understand what increase in taxes mean. A bag of rice is now 13500. Very soon you will be paying taxes on vegetables in yur parents farm.

183 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by idupaul: 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:

U will be surprised that none in ur lineage have ever achieved what i have so far. Go to court if u are aggrived.

You have not achieved nothing. .you think working in a party's data centre a as a social media change agents is an achievement. .you can't even achieve something as common as freedom to think because your director even briefs you on what he wants you to post from time time

215 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by frankyychiji(f): 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
Super1Star:
Are you this daft!!!!

Something is an Act, a law in its own right and your are here debating something that is not debatable.

FG only implemented the law. How is that a crime?

We are too used to lawlessness in this country to the extent that we now believe it is the right way of life.
Can you please quote or show us the part of the constitution where you are drawing your conclusion from?

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Super1Star: 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
frankyychiji:
Can you please quote or show us the part of the constitution where you are drawing your conclusion from?

It is not part of the constitution. It is an Act on its own called Stamp Act.

Read it up.

14 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by frankyychiji(f): 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
Super1Star:

It is not part of the constitution. It is an Act on its own called Stamp Act.

Read it up.
Ok I will. But why is the revenue accruing not funneled into the TSA? Just curious.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
Yorubago:

Some people will defend anything this government does even though its arrant nonsense

dat is why they are called zombies naa...haaaaaa

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by obasiken: 1:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:

U will be surprised that none in ur lineage have ever achieved what i have so far. Go to court if u are aggrived.

Hahahahaha. Lineage? You have no idea. Pls run along. Your mother is calling you to come and wash plates. Little boy.

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Tokt: 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
obasiken:

Hahahahaha. Lineage? You have no idea. Pls run along. Your mother is calling you to come and wash plates. Little boy.

I knew I struck a nerve when I called ur wretched lineage out. Again I reinstate and bold to say that no one in ur household has ever acheived as much as I have.

6 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Tokt: 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
frankyychiji:
Ok I will. But why is the revenue accruing not funneled into the TSA? Just curious.

The account in question is domiciled in CBN. Isn't it? That's the first bus stop before onward delivery into TSA. Even monies deposited into the TSA have their initial bus stop. Don't they?

17 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Super1Star: 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
frankyychiji:

It will still go into the TSA.

The various banks will remit from the dedicated accounts they opened for this purpose, directly into TSA based on remittance periods stated by CBN.

7 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
See Demdem defending theft grin

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Osakah24(m): 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Are these guys discouraging people from using the bank?,there are a lot of things that could be taxed in Nigeria,many people have many cars and houses at different location that they don't pay tax on,these change is turning out to be the more you look,the less you see.

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by stevecantrell: 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
The OP has spoken well.

But legal issues aside, if the FG is too weak to enforce its fines on multinational corporations like MTN, they shouldn't seek to further pauperise middle/lower class citizens with this policy, simply because they're a soft target.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by gcof(m): 1:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:

I knew I struck a nerve when I called ur wretched lineage out. Again I reinstate and bold to say that no one in ur household has ever acheived as much as I have.
won't it be better if you give facts to support your argument instead of cursing someone's lineage

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
Did this decision go through our useless federal house of Assembly, either for confirmation or review.
If this is allowed to stand, It will kill the cashless society we all crave for.
Nigeria is not due for this policy.Imagine receiving payment for a goods of 1,200 naira via POS after other bogus bank charges plus this rubbish.

32 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T / Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics / Buratai Awarding $444k Contract To Girlfriend, Maryam - Jackson Ude Accuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.