Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,337 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun (986 Views)

10 Questions That Needs To Be Answered Before A Biafra Country / Audit Query Must Be Answered In 24 Hours, Buhari Tells Public Officials / A 6years Old Boy Asked Buhari A Shocking Question That Sent Fear Into The Camp O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by wesley80(m): 11:08pm On May 17, 2013
My first attempt in posting this lasted the better part of 5 Seconds B4 someone Deleted the thread, Well hoping for better luck this time.

... Its just that there are things i cant associate myself with, as long as i still breath. Let me leave it at that. - Ikenna

A few months ago during the petroleum subsidy debates the likes of Okonjo Iweala, Sanusi Lamido, Oshiomhole et al were invited to make their case for and against petroleum subsidy and in the entire debate which I followed with rapt attention, the most significant statement IMO was totally ignored like it was never said! The Edo state Governor and former labour leader Adams Oshiomhole had mounted the dais and in a simple sentence, rubbished the integrity of otherwise reputable audit agencies and no one seemed to notice or care to notice. He'd said (while questioning the audit reports of a leading audit company auditing transactions at the downstream sector) "we all know that when it comes to the petroleum sector and when the amount involved is big enough, EVERYONE HAS A PRICE"! There was no response from the Auditing firm, ICAN/ANAN, Accountants/Lawyers, the debates ignored it, the dailies did'nt care and nowhere was there an attempt to draw attention to a statement that indicted those that may be the greatest beneficiaries and aiders of blatant corruption, it simmply was perhaps "Too big to be significant"!

Well, here we go again. Sometimes it worries me the ease with which we overlook the most "significant" statements especially when they stare us naked in the face. Ikenna just threw in the towel and the quoted above is the only reason he gave but no one seems to have noticed instead the threads opened are filled with the usual Nairaland nonsense and the inevitable flowery words and jabs.

Every community (Nairaland is one) has a core irrationality, some belief about itself that no amount of evidence or experience can alter - and a blindness to the need to insist we are treated with respect by those in authority ( Seun I'm looking at you ) seems to be ours. Of course posting here is arrogating certain rights to the owner of this site but does that mean he can do and undo without as much as a whimper from the people that make Nairaland the respected community it has grown to become today? I think not so. I believe Seun owes Nairalanders an explanation of the circumstances leading to Ikenna's resignation, those words were not just posted for effects. Seun, what gives? He was doing a great job and now suddenly cannot be associated with you and his erstwhile job as long as he lives! What changed?

3 Likes

Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by keishik: 12:11am On May 18, 2013
I found Ikenna's resignation very startling also considering how well he was doing. Howevery, I think your questions should've been directed at Ikenna not Seun.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by wesley80(m): 12:38am On May 18, 2013
^ That mentality is exactly why Nigeria is stagnating in terms of real development - our collective willingness to accept the status quo without questions. There's an economic concept called "Creative Destruction" where new and better ideas are allowed to evolve by questioning and improving the present why doing away with the old way of thought and behaviors. It is how serious societies evolved. Must keep questioning and challenging till we get the best possible and even so, keep questioning. Mediocrity is never an acceptable option.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by Demdem(m): 3:20am On May 18, 2013
The op should be reminded that ikenna remains a mod in car talk so allegations that he doesn't want to have anything to do with seun is rubbish.

1 Like

Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by wesley80(m): 5:39am On May 18, 2013
The poster above me should use his thinking faculty and stop spewing rubbish.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by koruji(m): 6:04am On May 18, 2013
Good. You should question GEJ's incompetence sometimes cool

wesley80: ^ That mentality is exactly why Nigeria is stagnating in terms of real development - our collective willingness to accept the status quo without questions. There's an economic concept called "Creative Destruction" where new and better ideas are allowed to evolve by questioning and improving the present why doing away with the old way of thought and behaviors. It is how serious societies evolved. Must keep questioning and challenging till we get the best possible and even so, keep questioning. Mediocrity is never an acceptable option.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by wesley80(m): 6:21am On May 18, 2013
I actually do question his "competence" sometimes.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by shizzle11(m): 6:22am On May 18, 2013
Didn't even know Ikenna has resigned as a mod. Wonder the circumstances that led to his resignation.

And later, some people will begin to call Jonathan names and accuse him of this and that...smh
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by shizzle11(m): 6:25am On May 18, 2013
Of course GEJ like every other human has short comings, but condemnation is not criticism.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by Tigerhead: 6:30am On May 18, 2013
Ikenna was a victim of the typical bigots on this board, we all know who they are. So sad, I thought he would make a difference.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by omenka(m): 6:39am On May 18, 2013
shizzle11: Didn't even know Ikenna has resigned as a mod. Wonder the circumstances that led to his resignation.

And later, some people will begin to call Jonathan names and accuse him of this and that...smh

What has calling Jonathan names got to do with the topic Some of you on here just jumble things up, feed on the jumbled up mess, and become mentally constipated without even knowing it.

The OP raised a poser and I think it is one with merit, but IMO, it should be directed @ Ikenna and not Seun.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by wesley80(m): 6:58am On May 18, 2013
Seun is in the best position to answer the question. Uneasy lies the head that bares the crown and in the period I've been in Nairaland, no Mod has left the sit without appropriate reasons and Seun's explicit explanation, this should be no exception and more so with a statement as that from the resigning Mod. Aishatu left because of her love for Buhari, Jarus quit over Afam's appointment, the debates brouhaha and primarily cos he was too busy and now Ikenna's leaving because? See the vacuum?
Seen is in the best place to give an answer because it is IMPERATIVE that posters here understand that they aren't being taking for a ride and this forum is free from any sort of BIAS or INFLUENCE. Ikenna's words indicts Seun directly, and he's got some cleaning up to do that's how I see it.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by keishik: 8:24am On May 18, 2013
Seun neva still wake up?
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by naptu2: 8:31am On May 18, 2013
naptu2: Personally I think Ikenna has done a good job in taming the awful ethnic bigotry that we've seen on this section. However, unfortunately some good things have bad sides. He needs to study the concepts of rule of law, arbitrariness, retrospective laws, ultra-vires, law maker vs law enforcer, etc.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by holyvirgin: 8:53am On May 18, 2013
I think mukina2 should be the reason Ikenna resigned. He complained muki keeps unbanning posters he ban without consulting him.
If true, then muki is wrong, she just loves to see people fight.
Seun has to call muki to order.
Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by nduchucks: 8:54am On May 18, 2013
May I request that posters resist the temptation of turning this thread into what is depicted below.

1 Like

Re: A Question That Should Be Answered By Seun by Afam4eva(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2013

(1)

The 7 Deadly Sins Of Governor Rotimi Amaechi. (A Must Read) / Pdp To Fire National Chairman / Why Are Oil Prices Still So High? Are they Being Kept Artificially High?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.