Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice (8283 Views)

Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! / Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by azat: 8:07am On May 19, 2013
Apart from the fact the camry is a year 'younger' or newer than the accord, most other aspects of the cars can be compared - engine, transmission, performance, reliability, exterior, interior, options, etc

Most consumer online reviews have favored the Accord yet the Camry popularity over it in Nigeria leaves one to wonder if saving up a little more money for the Camry will be wiser than sticking to a budget, for a first ever car?

Or is the Accord as good as it is made to be on most car sites' reviews?

Pls I need answers from anybody that knows why any one these two rides is better than the other. Users of both rides will be very important too.

Thanks.

Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by ChibuzoIkenna(m): 8:52am On May 19, 2013
Subscribing........
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by azat: 1:06pm On May 19, 2013
Chibuzo-Ikenna:
Subscribing........
good. Pls contributions...
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by bravolad(m): 7:31pm On May 19, 2013
I have not used the 1998 Camry but used the 2001 model of Camry which is almost the same thing in terms of basic components. However, the 1998 model beats the 1997 Accord in all ramifications. It is fuel efficiency, durable, parts availability and a lot more rugged. (Emphasis purely personal). However, there may not be much of a difference between them but I think the Camry is built to last in terms of its parts unlike the Accord. A friend of mine used the Accord for a few years but was always at the mechanic. Though maintenance is key to any car but the Camry is more rugged.

Depending on your choice and taste, you may not go wrong with any of them. I should also point out here that the Camry gives a greater aesthetic pleasure.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by azat: 8:21pm On May 19, 2013
bravolad: I have not used the 1998 Camry but used the 2001 model of Camry which is almost the same thing in terms of basic components. However, the 1998 model beats the 1997 Accord in all ramifications. It is fuel efficiency, durable, parts availability and a lot more rugged. (Emphasis purely personal). However, there may not be much of a difference between them but I think the Camry is built to last in terms of its parts unlike the Accord. A friend of mine used the Accord for a few years but was always at the mechanic. Though maintenance is key to any car but the Camry is more rugged.

Depending on your choice and taste, you may not go wrong with any of them. I should also point out here that the Camry gives a greater aesthetic pleasure.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Thanks. It's really helped.

More contributions pls...
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by azat: 2:51pm On May 20, 2013
More suggestions pls
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by omicron(m): 8:34am On May 21, 2013
Nigerians are too crazy about toyotas so expect more suggestions against the honda. Hondas are still the best selling cars elsewhere, esp the accord...even in America. It is also as fuel efficient as the camry for the same engine size. Stick to ur budget and do your due research, you will get a nice car you'll come to cherish, not necessarily the one every one else drives.
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by Raphademola: 2:43pm On May 21, 2013
Pls can any one help me with the price of the tiny light toyota camry.
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by azat: 12:57pm On May 22, 2013
omicron: Nigerians are too crazy about toyotas so expect more suggestions against the honda. Hondas are still the best selling cars elsewhere, esp the accord...even in America. It is also as fuel efficient as the camry for the same engine size. Stick to ur budget and do your due research, you will get a nice car you'll come to cherish, not necessarily the one every one else drives.
thanks bro. Pls more suggestions pls...siena and ikenna pls can i get your opinions
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by Ikenna351(m): 1:25pm On May 22, 2013
azat: thanks bro. Pls more suggestions pls...siena and ikenna pls can i get your opinions

Trust me, if i review those 2 cars for you, you may end up not buying any of the 2.

I believe both cars are good enough for beginners. But then, it depends.

I had wanted to ask you what you really want out of a car. But since you have not used/owned one before, you maynot have answer to that question.

I dont want to confuse you. Meaning, i would prefer users of both 2 cars to review the cars for you, then you make your choice.

Ikenna.
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by ping2ping: 3:48pm On May 22, 2013
Both cars are good. I've not used any of the two but i have friends who use them.

Camry '98 is a strong and reliable car but you may have problem with shock absorber. It goes bad too often so you will need to change it more often. That apart, the transmission is solid, the parts available and fuel consumption ok.

Honda accord '97 is strong and reliable too, may not be as roomy as Camry '98. The parts might be a little more expensive than Camry but is rugged. Transmission is good if well serviced. Infact, i know a friend who uses her accord '97 to carry bags of pure water she sells.

It boils down to choice actually

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by azat: 8:41am On May 23, 2013
Ikenna351:

Trust me, if i review those 2 cars for you, you may end up not buying any of the 2.

I believe both cars are good enough for beginners. But then, it depends.

I had wanted to ask you what you really want out of a car. But since you have not used/owned one before, you maynot have answer to that question.

I dont want to confuse you. Meaning, i would prefer users of both 2 cars to review the cars for you, then you make your choice.

Ikenna.
ok..thanks
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by azat: 8:42am On May 23, 2013
ping2ping: Both cars are good. I've not used any of the two but i have friends who use them.

Camry '98 is a strong and reliable car but you may have problem with shock absorber. It goes bad too often so you will need to change it more often. That apart, the transmission is solid, the parts available and fuel consumption ok.

Honda accord '97 is strong and reliable too, may not be as roomy as Camry '98. The parts might be a little more expensive than Camry but is rugged. Transmission is good if well serviced. Infact, i know a friend who uses her accord '97 to carry bags of pure water she sells.

It boils down to choice actually
Thanks for this review. It's really helped.
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by jybolee: 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
i have a 1998 camry and its very rugged though the shock absorbers due to nigerian roads require you to change them at least every year or every 2yrs depending on d originality and where you live could also extend the life of d absorbers.For d 97 accord all my friends that bought the same time i bought my camry have all changed d gear boxes a couple of times before selling it. The camry has a very good Ac when compared to the same accord.Camry has good second hand value. All still depends on the state of the car when you buy it i.e how clean its is and the like! hope this helps also
Re: Honda Accord 1997(academy) Vs Toyota Camry 1998(tiny Light)? Please, Your Advice by mpeg(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
Buying all this car Nigerian used is so alarming,.. The honda 1997 has more beautiful design and look than Camry 1998, and the honder is also cheaper,.. This Camry thing,.. Theoney no dey here Ooo.
Is like I will opt for the Honda then I will try and give it a very cool maintenance

(1) (Reply)

10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women / How Do You Know If You Have A Leaky Exhaust Pipe ? / Pros And Cons Of Venza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.