Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,173 members, 7,829,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure (811 Views)

Soe To Quit Nairaland By Midnight / This Is A Call To All Mod And Super Mod To Ban Soe. / Seven Operations That Will Annihilate Boko Haram - Soe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by Idokojimmy: 2:59pm On May 19, 2013
The state of emergency is about four days old with military campaigns and raids in Boko Haram camps. Reports indicate that over 65 confirm insurgents have been arrested, many others are in custody undergoing interrogations to establish their culpability or otherwise. Also, arms and ammunitions have been allegedly recovered including cash purportedly stolen from banks. In Ur own opinion, has the SOE faired very well? Or is there something the STF should do or refrain from doing?
Let's keep it real pals

1 Like

Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by akpanoka: 3:09pm On May 19, 2013
I doubt in my heart. Failure if u ask me. Datz all sad
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by Euroclydon(m): 3:46pm On May 19, 2013
65 insurgents captured? Choose for urself. Success all the way...
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by okosodo: 4:15pm On May 19, 2013
If they keep arresting without levelling their camps, its a failure.
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by koruji(m): 4:22pm On May 19, 2013
This is really kind of silly - if it were that easy to crush BH it would be a crime for GEJ not to have done it sooner.
Serious military operations cannot be easily assessed for success or failure in a matter of days. The success or not would need to be assessed AFTER the operations have ended and we are BH free for several months to a year.

There are those whose only benefit from containing BH is a political badge - for those I say you might regret this bitterly when it blows up in your wicked faces.

Idokojimmy: The state of emergency is about four days old with military campaigns and raids in Boko Haram camps. Reports indicate that over 65 confirm insurgents have been arrested, many others are in custody undergoing interrogations to establish their culpability or otherwise. Also, arms and ammunitions have been allegedly recovered including cash purportedly stolen from banks. In Ur own opinion, has the SOE faired very well? Or is there something the STF should do or refrain from doing?
Let's keep it real pals
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by mike404(m): 5:04pm On May 19, 2013
Succezz
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by againstGEJ(m): 5:07pm On May 19, 2013
People like this OP constitute the problem in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by PapaBrowne(m): 7:35pm On May 19, 2013
koruji: This is really kind of silly - if it were that easy to crush BH it would be a crime for GEJ not to have done it sooner.
Serious military operations cannot be easily assessed for success or failure in a matter of days. The success or not would need to be assessed AFTER the operations have ended and we are BH free for several months to a year.

There are those whose only benefit from containing BH is a political badge - for those I say you might regret this bitterly when it blows up in your wicked faces.

At the same time there are those who want the State of Emergency to fail because of the political badge others would wear if it succeeds, forgetting that the success of the SOE is the success of all peace loving people whether or not some people get a political badge out of it.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by akpanoka: 7:37pm On May 19, 2013
againstGEJ: People like this OP constitute the problem in Nigeria.
as the thread suggest, its just like an opinion pool sir, where u can express ur opinion about D ongoing operation. To a large extent, the operation has been successful, given absence of civilian casualties. That's my opinion. Secondly, I believe the military needs our support now more that ever before. Stakeholders in these areas must cooperate with the STF to rid our society of terrorism
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by Reptyle(m): 10:13pm On May 19, 2013
The success of the JTF's campaign is still too early to assess. The only reports we hear about the operation are the ones released by the JTF's high command and they have told us they are in it for the long haul. When they declare the entire exercise a success and the smoke settles, we will then know for sure if BH has been dealt the much needed death blow.

With the reported success recorded from the campaigns so far, one can only begin to wonder why the FG let the BH scourge drag on for so long.
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by DuduNegro: 10:35pm On May 19, 2013
Idokojimmy: The state of emergency is about four days old with military campaigns and raids in Boko Haram camps. Reports indicate that over 65 confirm insurgents have been arrested, many others are in custody undergoing interrogations to establish their culpability or otherwise. Also, arms and ammunitions have been allegedly recovered including cash purportedly stolen from banks. In Ur own opinion, has the SOE faired very well? Or is there something the STF should do or refrain from doing?
Let's keep it real pals

What were the goals going into the deployment? The goals and their outlines should be assessed for success? The president's speech had no specifics, but i could be wrong.
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by DuduNegro: 10:37pm On May 19, 2013
Four days into it......we should be asking for progress status, not the result.
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by Nobody: 1:24am On May 20, 2013
The objective of the SOE is to retake BH enclaves in the North. After this is done there will still be pockets of violence here and there on the long term. The fact that the recapturing of the enclaves if going smoothly means the SOE is a success!!!
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by koruji(m): 4:42am On May 20, 2013
Speak for yourself. GEJ disappointed me but that doesn't mean I wish my country to go the way of Afghanistan. Paying attention to useless praise-singers that tellignoble lies is what led GEJ into this morass in the first place. When u slaughter truth, you also slaughter success.

PapaBrowne:

At the same time there are those who want the State of Emergency to fail because of the political badge others would wear if it succeeds, forgetting that the success of the SOE is the success of all peace loving people whether or not some people get a political badge out of it.
Re: Your Assessement Of The SOE: Sucess Or Failure by talktimi(m): 5:31am On May 20, 2013
Its rather too early for assessment, wait for a few months down the line.

(1) (Reply)

ACN And The Congress For Progressive Change, CPC Rally Support For Jonathan" SOE / Africa's 'new Cities': Urban Future Or Utopian Fantasies? / Oil Tycoon, Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Governorship Seat, Says Okorocha..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.