Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

No Place Like Home Is This Saying Right? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / No Place Like Home Is This Saying Right? (667 Views)

Living With Lions At Home Is A Sign Of Wealth-pictures(arabs) / Do You Agree With This Saying (zodiac Signs)? / No Place like Home; Where is HOME? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Place Like Home Is This Saying Right? by Pringozie02(m): 6:25pm On May 19, 2013
they say there is no place like home is this saying right or wrong? Discuss but for me there are many places that is better than home. Say your mind.
Re: No Place Like Home Is This Saying Right? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 19, 2013
Places better than home ke? Well different strokes for different folks. As for me o, no place like home. Finds it hard to stay away from home and i always don't feel at home whenever i visit my siblings that are married, not that we aint close, but that's just me. Besides my dad won't let me rest with calls, always asking "when will you come back" that annoys me elder sister.
In essence, even if na chicken dem dey chop always and na garri be my everyday food for my papa house i still love it cos that's where i feel at home and the love and joy that radiates there is more than anything to me
Re: No Place Like Home Is This Saying Right? by dasparrow: 7:52pm On May 19, 2013
Omo Daddy354: Places better than home ke? Well different strokes for different folks. As for me o, no place like home. Finds it hard to stay away from home and i always don't feel at home whenever i visit my siblings that are married, not that we aint close, but that's just me. Besides my dad won't let me rest with calls, always asking "when will you come back" that annoys me elder sister.
In essence, even if na chicken dem dey chop always and na garri be my everyday food for my papa house i still love it cos that's where i feel at home and the love and joy that radiates there is more than anything to me

I think the OP means home as in Nigeria when trying to compare living in Nigeria to living overseas.
Re: No Place Like Home Is This Saying Right? by dasparrow: 8:02pm On May 19, 2013
Pringozie02: they say there is no place like home is this saying right or wrong? Discuss but for me there are many places that is better than home. Say your mind.

Well, I say, home is where the heart is and my heart is not in Nigeria. I mean how can my heart be in Nigeria when I have to put up with little to no electricity, having to inhale petrol fumes while fueling the generator, having to deal with constant noise coming from loud speakers from the mosques and churches and car drivers honking unnecessarily and much more. Nigerian is like an animal farm and I wonder how the average Nigerian maintains his/her sanity living in such a country. Hence, home to me is a quiet, orderly, clean and sane country where things actually work and where human rights and lives are respected.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian So Obsess Whenever A Bus Driver Divert To Buy Fuel??? / Oil Discovered In Lagos / (PHOTO) Shocking: Meet Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.