Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,915 members, 7,810,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City (5822 Views)

Gigantic Industrial City By Master Energy Nearing Completion In Abia / FG Signs Mou With Chinese Companies On Power Transmission / Private Project #3, Abia State: Masters Industrial City, Located In Uturu, Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Nobody: 7:44am On May 20, 2013
Abia State government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a private firm under a Public Private Partnership to build and develop an industrial markets city-Abia International Industry City (ABIIC)-for traders and other business ventures that would be comparable to international standard.

Governor Theodore Orji during the MOU signing at the Government House, Umuahia, said the desire to bring in private investors in the area of trade and commerce is part of the vision of expanding the horizon for industrialization of the state.

He expressed optimism that the project would be a huge success, while the chairman of ABIIC; Dr. Babatunde Obada, disclosed that the project is a done deal and realizable by 2014.

He appealed to the governor to make a ‘monumental pronouncement’ about the project because it would help to encourage traders to participate effectively in the project.

According to Dr Obada, the reason to build the industrial city in Abia is to further encourage trade and commerce, as the enormous business acumen acquired by the traders over the years would be at play and the company may not spend much if the traders are fully involved.

Anticipating ground breaking ceremony in three months’ time when the rains must have subsided a bit the firm intends to complete the project by December 2014 having laid down maps and strategy to work within the time frame.

The bank financing the project also explained that their involvement with the company is to support SMEs and allow traders own their shops instead of renting it which at the long run with proper sustenance can lead to trade export in Aba

The ABIIC is a plan is to include Africa Continent among the industrialized city in the world.

After the signing of MoU Mr Orji noted that the state is attracting investors from all part of the world because of the safe and secure environment which is a plus for investment to thrive.

The large market is expected to be sited at Aba the commercial hub on completion would consist of many industrial clusters.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/19/abia-signs-mou-to-build-industrial-city/
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Nobody: 8:03am On May 20, 2013
Good move but coming from T.A, I don't want to believe this untill is done

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by BigBenoski(m): 8:09am On May 20, 2013
Any news with 't.a orji' in it is bad

3 Likes

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Princeparix(m): 8:14am On May 20, 2013
he would own 60% of the industrial city abi?

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Nobody: 8:19am On May 20, 2013
Princeparix: he would own 60% of the industrial city abi?

I don't think Governor Theodore "he's just like Mandela" Orji would own 60% of the hub. Genuine businesspeople would instead, be the main beneficiaries.
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Princeparix(m): 8:34am On May 20, 2013
CFCfan:

I don't think Governor Theodore "he's just like Mandela" Orji would own 60% of the hub. Genuine businesspeople would instead, be the main beneficiaries.
u knw ntin abt d current Abia governor

2 Likes

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Dibiachukwu: 8:35am On May 20, 2013
Is their any such thing as industrial market? We need more factories!

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Abujafood: 9:05am On May 20, 2013
y
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by IGBOSON1: 9:07am On May 20, 2013
chidindufrank: Good move but coming from T.A, I don't want to believe this untill is done

^^^Precisely! Regarding projects in Abia under T.A.Orji, we all answer Mr D. Thomas until we can see or touch it.
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by myOGAonTOP: 9:07am On May 20, 2013
Soon they would erect plan and develop structures without an EIA. #justSAYING
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Agrika: 9:09am On May 20, 2013
Way to go, think home.
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by papaejima1: 9:21am On May 20, 2013
T.A Orji again?
What manner of industrial market can you build in just one year and it competes 'comparably' with international ones?

Which international industrial market is your standard by the way? At least so we will know how to compare after completion.

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by akos123: 9:22am On May 20, 2013
I think Gov.T.A ORJI is determined to change the face of Abia considering what he has done so far and the one's he is doing.It is my prayer that he would maintained the pace and also complete whatever project(s) he has started.He should also see to the resuscitation of the moribund companies in Abia especially Golden Guinea and others.

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Nobody: 9:23am On May 20, 2013
Another mou signed while the previous ones gone to the winds!
Any mou signed by t.a orji is nothing but scam- na media wash meant only for the gullible minds.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Nobody: 9:36am On May 20, 2013
I hear you.... Industrial abbraccadabra.

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Nobody: 9:45am On May 20, 2013
Princeparix: he would own 60% of the industrial city abi?

Probably. Am not so sure.

He was once called ''Mandela of Nigeria'' by one of his people. Ochendo!
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by pmonkz(m): 9:51am On May 20, 2013
papaejima1: T.A Orji again?
What manner of industrial market can you build in just one year and it competes 'comparably' with international ones?

Which international industrial market is your standard by the way? At least so we will know how to compare after completion.

My thoughts exactly. I was 1st confused when I saw 2014, I thot it was a mistake. T.A Orji, calm down. We know better.
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:01am On May 20, 2013
Good for u. Whether u like it or not, ACN is creating an avenue for a healthy competition. Nobody wanted to be left behind. Now dnt call me an ACN apologists, i'm jes saying my mind o
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2013
papaejima1: T.A Orji again?

relax na. Even a shed whithout walls is an international comparison by the eastern standard!
U knw all those four straight timbers with a zinc roof? U go fear na grin
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Afam4eva(m): 10:09am On May 20, 2013
Theo orji should not build anything again abeg before he will build Abia's future away, e don do. We appreciate what he has not achieved and can't wait for him to leave.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by donigspain(m): 10:22am On May 20, 2013
Rubbish!
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by mimifonwon(f): 10:22am On May 20, 2013
i would have believed it if julius berger was the person awarded the project, because then i know it would be legit, they would do good quality work, instead of these no names that will cheat and do a half hazard job.
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by moneyhungry(m): 10:23am On May 20, 2013
akos123: I think Gov.T.A ORJI is determined to change the face of Abia considering what he has done so far and the one's he is doing.It is my prayer that he would maintained the pace and also complete whatever project(s) he has started.He should also see to the resuscitation of the moribund companies in Abia especially Golden Guinea and others.
I'll forgive u, cuz u know not what u say.
#blasphemy.
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by eagleeye2: 10:27am On May 20, 2013
SLIDE waxie: relax na. Even a shed whithout walls is an international comparison by the eastern standard!
U knw all those four straight timbers with a zinc roof? U go fear na grin
Guy, slow down ohh with your yabis..... I don't know if your own people are better?

2 Likes

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Nobody: 10:31am On May 20, 2013
MoU's in nigeria are a scam. I've never seen one become a reality.

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by gerald09(m): 10:43am On May 20, 2013
Today is the 20th of May 2013 @ 10:35am Nigerian time, mark this day n my words that building will never be constructed, all these are just means for T Orji to continue his looting, which is like the oldest tick in d book of corruption, (make the signing public, den send people to clear the grass n lay foundation den shut it down, the money is already in his account) since the man became governor he has not made any logical or meaningful contribution to the improvement of the state I wonder y the people actually finks he will start now. T A Orji is the perfect definition of corrupt government, I say it again his government will NEVER CONSTRUCT THAT BUILDING.
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by yuzedo: 10:49am On May 20, 2013
J12: MoU's in nigeria are a scam. I've never seen one become a reality.
Bros, na only you don comment for dis thread! End of Story.
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Kreativ: 10:51am On May 20, 2013
akos123: I think Gov.T.A ORJI is determined to change the face of Abia considering what he has done so far and the one's he is doing.It is my prayer that he would maintained the pace and also complete whatever project(s) he has started.He should also see to the resuscitation of the moribund companies in Abia especially Golden Guinea and others.

In which continent do u live. Abia esp Aba is more rotten than the word 'rotten' itself. I 4give u cos u know not what is happening. Even ur pig would despise living on Aba Roads & markets.
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Tinynita(f): 10:52am On May 20, 2013
we all knw it is a scam...pls sum1 shuld tell him dat he shuldnt bother wit all these jagoons....cant wait 4 him 2 leave dat sit.....na only 4 radio nd tv u go hear say Aba na smal London bt wen u reach there na u go knw say d place worst pass Ajegunle nd Mushin
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Lilimax(f): 10:54am On May 20, 2013
All na wash sad shocked
Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by Lilimax(f): 10:55am On May 20, 2013
Kreativ:

In which continent do u live. Abia esp Aba is more rotten than the word 'rotten' itself. I 4give u cos u know not what is happening. Even ur pig would despise living on Aba Roads & markets.
Enyimba town- Obodo ndi ara!
lol cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City by salt1: 11:09am On May 20, 2013
What of Aba? Why may he not renovate existing facilities instead of starting a new one?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti / VIDEO Of Nnamdi Kanu Saying He Will Die With His Men / Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.