Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander (36828 Views)

Cyril Dum-Wite Arrested During Rerun Election (Video) / Over 1000 Boko Haram Members Arrested In South-West / 65 Fleeing Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Nobody: 3:17am On May 21, 2013
i just noticed how careful some muslims have been while commenting here though some have fought instinctively vigorously 2 avoid the thread so as not to betray their allegiance with the bh moguls. God is watching and devil is peeping. My 5 naira
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Nwekeemmanuel: 3:32am On May 21, 2013
Plz i dont dis like news.plz kill them,stop dis arrest nd keep.Arrest nd kill .weldone guyz nd Rip 4 those dt lost thier life.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by pappilo(m): 4:06am On May 21, 2013
Pennywise:

Actually the only solution to BH menace is a vigorous and decisive military campaign. We have had BH by other names in d past and we know what works. Your copy and paste theory from western media cannot apply here. And we did not need 'amnesty'.

Other than the obvious value of eliminating the hardcore elements a large campaign made particularly brutal and vicious will make it impossible for their leaders to recruit new foot soldiers financial inducement or promises of extra terrestrial rewards not withstanding. 4get the occasional headline, who want die? Its a tactic that worked to great effect during the military era. And it is the same pple and the same motivation.

Our soldiers should stop playing 'police'. They were not sent to make arrests. Feeding and catering to the soldiers alone is enuff burden on state resources. This is not the US. We need the money for weapons not to feed terrorists.

So you really believe that 120 able bodied boko haram members gathered in one place to administer burial rites for a nameless commander?

In the past, low level insurgency like the Maitasine of the 80s could be wiped out with brutal force but what you have failed to put into consideration is that boko haram are terrorists and the way they carry out their insurgency in this millennium has completely changed the rules of engagement. These terrorists are now affiliated with other terror groups worldwide and there is an endless supply of foreigners available to bolster their numbers.

Brutal force may work as was used to quell the long running Tamil resistance in Sri Lanka but such a move which involves the total annihilation on a people and their communities will put a serious dent in efforts to keep Nigeria one.

1 Like

Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Adshol: 4:32am On May 21, 2013
Hmmn, I just hope ds pple are not playing to the gallery, decieving themselves, they captured 120BH for keep and after a while arrange amnesty for them.
Personnally, I don't think they shd be kept for any reason otherwise another govt will come and just released them all....."back to square-one"
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Chongaiman: 4:32am On May 21, 2013
. . . Brutal force may work as was used to quell the long running Tamil resistance in Sri Lanka but such a move which involves the total annihilation on a people and their communities will put a serious dent in efforts to keep Nigeria one.

Were the Tamils TOTALLY ANIHILATED? By their posts, it is not difficult to discern the BH apologists.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by seunlayi(m): 5:42am On May 21, 2013
Chongaiman:
Were the Tamils TOTALLY ANIHILATED? By their posts, it is not difficult to discern the BH apologists.
very easy. Lol

1 Like

Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by lekkie073(m): 5:46am On May 21, 2013
tonididdy: what do u know about the RULES OF ENGAGEMENT?

If you play chess ud know once u strike the queen the game is ended.whats there to fight for if your COMMANDANT is dead?

Surrender boko bitches!!!
How is d game ended when u strike d queen? I believe I can defeat u without d queen sef angry
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Nobody: 6:13am On May 21, 2013
Make dem show us pictures naaa or boko haram na ghost ni??
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by onatisi(m): 6:14am On May 21, 2013
how can 120 bh members gather in a place for the burial of one person?dis story get k leg oo
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by HonKontigi: 6:30am On May 21, 2013
Pennywise:

Actually the only solution to BH menace is a vigorous and decisive military campaign. We have had BH by other names in d past and we know what works. Your copy and paste theory from western media cannot apply here. And we did not need 'amnesty'.

Other than the obvious value of eliminating the hardcore elements a large campaign made particularly brutal and vicious will make it impossible for their leaders to recruit new foot soldiers financial inducement or promises of extra terrestrial rewards not withstanding. 4get the occasional headline, who want die? Its a tactic that worked to great effect during the military era. And it is the same pple and the same motivation.

Our soldiers should stop playing 'police'. They were not sent to make arrests. Feeding and catering to the soldiers alone is enuff burden on state resources. This is not the US. We need the money for weapons not to feed terrorists.
There's nothing these soldiers have not done before since 2009. Three years of military operation and even Maiduguri is not secured. The present SOE hasn't changed anything except that now they are just dishing out propaganda - 120 bh arrested, 50 killed, bh camps destroyed, all bh men on the run blah, blah, blah.
Hypocrites on NL saying kill them all - who will they kill but the innocent since they said boko haram have fled. Let the shallow minded wallow in ignorance but eventually wise counsel will prevail and waton destruction of lives and properties by both boko haram and the military will end.

1 Like

Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by chuksvee(m): 6:47am On May 21, 2013
Hon. Kontigi:
There's nothing these soldiers have not done before since 2009. Three years of military operation and even Maiduguri is not secured. The present SOE hasn't changed anything except that now they are just dishing out propaganda - 120 bh arrested, 50 killed, bh camps destroyed, all bh men on the run blah, blah, blah.
Hypocrites on NL saying kill them all - who will they kill but the innocent since they said boko haram have fled. Let the shallow minded wallow in ignorance but eventually wise counsel will prevail and waton destruction of lives and properties by both boko haram and the military will end.

wise indeed, why did ur so called innocent citizens fail to report dis BH bases ever since?? Abeg kudos to our millitary.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by HonKontigi: 6:56am On May 21, 2013
chuksvee: wise indeed, why did ur so called innocent citizens fail to report dis BH bases ever since?? Abeg kudos to our millitary.
Ask yourself, why did JTF not discover those bases themselves? Only a bloodthirsty person will justify killing of innocent citizens. The ordinary citizens are caught in the middle in this mindless violence - the military kills them for being boko haram and boko haram kills them as well.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Nobody: 7:05am On May 21, 2013
Hon. Kontigi:
Ask yourself, why did JTF not discover those bases themselves? Only a bloodthirsty person will justify killing of innocent citizens. The ordinary citizens are caught in the middle in this mindless violence - the military kills them for being boko haram and boko haram kills them as well.
b frank with urself, u ar a bh apologist and soon ur cup go full, don't say I didn't tell u
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by braxjay(m): 7:15am On May 21, 2013
babyosisi: Why not 120 killed ?
What are they arresting them for

heheheh badt guy grin grin grin
if i hear cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Dandostism: 7:22am On May 21, 2013
babyosisi: Why not 120 killed ?
What are they arresting them for
forget it! d place wey they go put them, them they wil prefer 2 b kill emedietly self.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by pappilo(m): 7:24am On May 21, 2013
Chongaiman:

I am neither muslim nor from the north. I dont even live in Nigeria. I just put across my opinion. Go and read up on the last battle of the Sri Lankan civil war.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by onatisi(m): 7:27am On May 21, 2013
Hon. Kontigi:
my guy u have no point.do u know that it isnt every part of maiduguri that bh is powerful simply becos ppl in those areas stood up against them and always notify the jtf of bh activities that makes bh not to feel comfortable in those areas .there was a time in a porpular market when traders themselve overpowered some bh member and handed over to the jtf.it is up to the citizenry to let the authorities know whose side u are on.silence means consent if u know bh members in ur area and keep shut that simply means u are comfortable with them.i pity the innocent that have been caught in this cross fire but this is majorly their fault.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by styno22(m): 7:29am On May 21, 2013
Good job to d military, pls kill all d boys and keep d leaders for further investigation about their sponsor, there is no leader without sponsors,they must produce there sponsors before killing them to make boko haram totally abolish in nigeria
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Nobody: 7:38am On May 21, 2013
Y arresting wen dey hav oga at d top y not just kil dem, huh
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by pomporiking: 7:42am On May 21, 2013
dont really believe this looks kinda easy to me..imo its like bh already knew about the soa before jonathan announced it and most of them relocated
cos if they didnt there should be a major offensive between them and jtf.Not the way jtf dey nab them like amateurs they have done enough to prove they arent
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Sholexys(m): 7:44am On May 21, 2013
Arrest ke! Abeg kill dem all
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by dougivilla(m): 7:45am On May 21, 2013
Hon. Kontigi:
JTF discover what? Guy re-read what u wrote!!! At least up till today, na BH be ghosts, not JTF. Hw do you think such discoveries can be made without the cooperation of the indigenes and/or residents?

Since the insurgency commenced, did we ever hear a condemnation of the acts from you or the residents? Did we hear that they reported suspects? Did we hear even their elders demand for a ceasefire or advice their wards to stop the carnage?? So where, how and when did the love for the endangered civilians start?

From the sultanate to the Emirs, Alfas, spiritual and traditional leaders, Borno and northern elders it was a call for unconditional amnesty to criminals, despite the civilian casualties then, nothing more.

You may chose to be biased in ur judgement to deceive the gullible; but know that objectivity the other choice you have.

1 Like

Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by emmayoc: 7:45am On May 21, 2013
bobthebuilder99: When will they arrest the politicians and Emirs sponsoring them?

That's the only way this will end.
Don't worry, the 120 BH foot soldiers caught will soon start singing like birds after hard torture. Den we'll all knw the kingpins.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Nobody: 7:49am On May 21, 2013
The war against terrorism is going quite well. Kudos to the FG. The billions allocated to security shouldn't be a waste.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by HonKontigi: 8:04am On May 21, 2013
dougivilla: JTF discover what? Guy re-read what u wrote!!! At least up till today, na BH be ghosts, not JTF. Hw do you think such discoveries can be made without the cooperation of the indigenes and/or residents?

Since the insurgency commenced, did we ever hear a condemnation of the acts from you or the residents? Did we hear that they reported suspects? Did we hear even their elders demand for a ceasefire or advice their wards to stop the carnage?? So where, how and when did the love for the endangered civilians start?

From the sultanate to the Emirs, Alfas, spiritual and traditional leaders, Borno and northern elders it was a call for unconditional amnesty to criminals, despite the civilian casualties then, nothing more.

You may chose to be biased in ur judgement to deceive the gullible; but know that objectivity the other choice you have.
Sensible people admonished peaceful resolution, but Gej and his advisers insist on force. So the line is drawnn - let them crush boko haram with military force.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by fubaradiri51: 8:11am On May 21, 2013
Arresting dem is not d isur, prison never full, they should be buried alive with their blood-sucking commander
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by tppzzy01(m): 8:14am On May 21, 2013
Larryfly: ridiculous stories from this SOE....werent they armed....they for kill like 115, arrest the rest

don't worry they will kill only those who will not cooperate during interrogation
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by buJu234: 8:33am On May 21, 2013
why are they running now...

i believe this is a divine opportunity given to them to quickly die and meet the 72 virgins.

So they should come out and face the Nigerian army; so that they will b killed and straight to the laps of the 72 virgins...

To those of u who still allow fools to lie to u... can u see that there is no 72 virgins anywhere.... if they are their commanders & Imans will have been first on the line facing the Nigerian Army and not running & hiding...

if the JIHAD is really a way to go to heaven: i think by now every muslims will have been in places like Pakistan; Afghanistan; Northern Nigeria; mali etc... so that they can b killed by those infidels then sharply they re in heaven...

Even Osama Bin Laden has to go into hiding; why hiding face the infidel and die then straight to heaven na abi

when there is religious crises in the North Nigeria; the northern elite leaders will send their children abroad but will tell those of the poor to die for Jihad & get 72 virgins in heaven.... lol what an IRONY

So wake up... my fellow poor Northern Nigerian people... if these 72 virgins are real... IBB & co will b first on the line to die fighting the infidels...

Una better use una Brain to think....
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Blueeyedboi(m): 8:40am On May 21, 2013
tonididdy: what do u know about the RULES OF ENGAGEMENT?

If you play chess ud know once u strike the queen the game is ended.whats there to fight for if your COMMANDANT is dead?

Surrender boko bitches!!!
...Wrong analogy...a game of chess is officially over when the king is captured..i have won several games without my queen..just saying
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by tunex23: 8:51am On May 21, 2013
Built2last: While waiting to board a flight from Charlotte to Atlanta sometime last year, I noticed a small number of US Soldiers were also waiting to board the same flight.I was immediately fascinated by their youthfulness and nice camouflage . They looked like boys and girls to me. I even suspected they were cadets.My first surprise came when the flight was about to board. The announcer made it clear that men and women of the US army should step forward and board first the plane first. This was gahead of passengers on the first class compartment . When we had all boarded the flight, the pilot then announced that the airline was happy and privileged to be flying with men of the US army and welcome them specially on board. When we landed in Atlanta, the pilot announced again and thanked the men of the US army for flying with United Airlines and this time everyone on the plane went into a round of applause, clapping for almost a minute. I had to join in clapping for the US soldiers.This is how much America values the men and women, battling insurgents in other to protect the home land.Today lets offer prayers and applaud the men and women battling insurgents from Bayelsa to Nassarawa , from Borno to Yobe, from Katsina to Kano. Staying awake for us to sleep. taking the battle to the enemies so we can live a normal life. These are the real men with balls. Not the cowards that attacks defenseless people and scurry away to hide.CELEBRATE NIGERIAN ARMY
This piece of writing Is the Best have ever read on dis forum! So touching.
Re: 120 Boko-Haram Members Arrested During Burial Of Their Commander by Afritop(m): 9:03am On May 21, 2013
SHEKAU IS NO MORE POSTING HIS ANNOYING AND INTIMIDATING VIDEOS ONLINE. Could he have run out of megabyte or he is fleeing from his domain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Asonya-Adokwe Faces Sack For Faking Certificates / Boko Haram Reacts To Trump's Victory, Says 'war Has Just Begun' / Fayose Gives Ekiti Beer Sellers N10m Loan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.