Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

NDPHC Plans To Add 4000MW To National Grid By December - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDPHC Plans To Add 4000MW To National Grid By December (702 Views)

Ambode Connects 68 Communities To National Grid (Photos) / “Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement / Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDPHC Plans To Add 4000MW To National Grid By December by Nobody: 12:55am On May 21, 2013
The Niger Delta Power Holding Company is working towards adding 4,000MW to the national grid by December.

The company's Managing Director, Mr. James Olotu, told State House correspondents this on Friday at the end of the 28th meeting of the firm's board presided over by Vice-President Namadi Sambo.

Olotu said as at Thursday, about 4,380MW of electricity was on the national grid at peak generation.

He said from the total 4,380MW, the NDPHC was contributing 32.17 per cent, which translates to about 1,200MW

He expressed the optimism that by December, NDPHC would have been able to generate about 4,000 additional megawatts to the grid.

Olotu added that more than 203 potential bidders had expressed interest in the divestiture of 80 per cent share in the firm's 10 generation companies.

Minister of State, Power, Mrs. Zainab Kuchi, said the board resolved that the proceeds from the divestment of the 10 NDPHC generation companies would be re-invested

She said the board also approved a new time table for the re-investment process to be carried jointly by the Bureau of Public Enterprises, the NDPHC, the Ministry of Power and the board.

She said, "This government met power at 1,800MW and within a space of two years we have taken it to 4,500MW. shocked shocked

"Considering the delivery of NIPP projects under the auspices of NDPHC, they can expect better. Our target between now and December is 10,000MW."

A statement later released by the vice-president's spokesman, Umar Sani, quoted Sambo as noting that the National Integrated Power Project of the Federal Government operated by the NDPHC was making progress, especially as it was moving towards actualising its set goals in 2013.

He, therefore, asked all contractors handling the NIPP projects to endeavour to deliver on record time.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/may/18/801.html
Re: NDPHC Plans To Add 4000MW To National Grid By December by ow11(m): 1:02am On May 21, 2013
Clowns! First they met power at 3800mw then 2700mw and now 1800mw. .yet power generation has hovered around 4300 mw for two years running. I'm sure very soon the increment would be counted in percentages where the numerator keeps decreasing!

Since 2007 (6 years ago) we are yet to see the 6000mw. Clowns!

1 Like

Re: NDPHC Plans To Add 4000MW To National Grid By December by Nobody: 1:06am On May 21, 2013
ow11: Clowns! First they met power at 3800mw then 2700mw and now 1800mw. .yet power generation has hovered around 4300 mw for two years running. I'm sure very soon the increment would be counted in percentages where the numerator keeps decreasing!

Since 2007 (6 years ago) we are yet to see the 6000mw. Clowns!

The PDP thugs will be here soon to attack you. They are coming to tell you Jonathan is working on it and power will be delivered as promised. They are coming to tell you the only thing left is distribution of power. These PDP thugs can spin any how they want. The truth is there for everyone to see. There is no single promise Jonathan made that has been fulfilled.

We shall meet them at the poll.

1 Like

Re: NDPHC Plans To Add 4000MW To National Grid By December by Nobody: 8:14am On May 21, 2013
i dont know why i feel like killing some people when i see dis kind of news

Re: NDPHC Plans To Add 4000MW To National Grid By December by Nobody: 8:21am On May 21, 2013
googlepikin: i dont know why i feel like killing some people when i see dis kind of news

Please o, no kill person for here shocked
Re: NDPHC Plans To Add 4000MW To National Grid By December by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:19am On May 21, 2013
We knw. 4000MW by december, but by february, e go drop without reason to 3MW!

And that's if another deranged person who is part of the plan dnt overide the news in 2days time: "4000MW by december not realisable".

Na today?

1 Like

Re: NDPHC Plans To Add 4000MW To National Grid By December by Nobody: 11:10am On May 21, 2013
The transformation is on.

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Plans N200bn Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States / "Assessing Jonathan’s Presidency: Three Years On" -by Tolu Ogunlesi - Posted On / Fashola Okays Law To Cremate Corpses In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.