Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid (5457 Views)

Ambode Connects 68 Communities To National Grid (Photos) / Picture Of Kainji Dam In The Country Of Western Nigeria / How Has Kainji Dam Shut Down Affected Electricity in Your Area Since Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by mukina2: 11:25am On Mar 20, 2012
The Kainji dam Power Station is back on stream and delivering power to the national grid from its four available units that were shut down three days ago.
Minister of Power, Prof. Bart Nnaji, made the announcement on Monday morning.
The plant was shut down on Thursday 15 March 2012, following excessive leakage from its dam which threatened to flood the station. Consequently, power from the four units (a combined 233MW of electricity), were cut off from the national grid, following the permission granted by the Minister to shut down the station in order to investigate the source of leakage.
The Chief Executive Officer of the Kainji Power Plant, Engineer Yinka Akinwumi, informed the minister last night that inspection on the four units has been completed and that the plant has been tied to the national grid once more, delivering 233MW of electricity.
Engr. Akinwumi has explained that this problem is “normal” because the plant is old (constructed in 1968) and has suffered maintenance and overhaul neglect since it was commissioned 44 years ago.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/19/kainji-dam-back-on-stream/
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by collinsfbi(m): 11:28am On Mar 20, 2012
It doesn't solve the general prob of unstable power supply abi na lie?

Gbammm over and out

1 Like

Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by babaowo: 11:29am On Mar 20, 2012
noticed!
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by daywatcher: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2012
credit where it is due sha, they found a problem and rectified it...though does not excuse everything else
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by oba009(m): 11:51am On Mar 20, 2012
Goodluck to me goodluck to u, goodluck to everybody goodluck Nigeria.
I had no Shoe I am one like you please vote for me.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by Classique27(f): 11:59am On Mar 20, 2012
That still doesnt mean we are going to be having constant electricity. so it doesnt make any difference
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by timpaker(m): 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2012
That God dey fixed it at least i can now enjoy the power supply back in my hood...
it'll be a bad thing to go back to darkness after almost a year of (almost) steady power supply , even as i'm already accustomed with Light in my hood. cool cool cool
last weekend was heck! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by collinsfbi(m): 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2012
Classique27: That still doesnt mean we are going to be having constant electricity. so it doesnt make any difference

I wonder ooo, this type of news no dey make person happy at all.

Gbammm over and out
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by wellheads(m): 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2012
I think derivation formula should be used in sharing power in Naija sef. I don't see any reason why Kwara state that has Kainji Dam will not have light while faraway places will be having steady light. I don't think it is fair enough.

1 Like

Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by Lovexme(m): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2012
It never affected the town I'm in one bit..If only it'll translate to uninterrupted power supply.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by Lovexme(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2012
^^^Point of correction, Niger state (New Bussa precisely) owns Kainji Dam and not Kwara state.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by blacksta(m): 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2012
Kanji dam has an installed capacity 796 Mw , why is it only pushing out 233 Mw. This are the sort of questions Nigerians needs to ask the relevant parties
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by riskit33: 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
the govt of this giant of Africa has promised the poor masses 6000 mw of electricity for more than 5yrs now, yet i hear that we have less than 2000 right now on the national grid, nigerians are weary of this kind of news.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by wellheads(m): 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2012
Lovexme: ^^^Point of correction, Niger state (New Bussa precisely) owns Kainji Dam and not Kwara state.
The entire Jebba (North & South) and New Bussa were all in Kwara before IBB stole it into Niger. Nonetheless I think my statement still holds.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by efoshizzle: 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2012
Still no light. 230 MW doesnt really add anything to a dead national grid.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2012
i dont have power at all, i have not had any for days now. kainji or no kainji

and btw how come power gets really bad when the dry season starts? and the heat in lagos is killing right now.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2012
Only the poor would complain bout poor electricity issues... Get a life undecided
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by niddamugu(m): 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2012
4llerbuntu: i dont have power at all, i have not had any for days now. kainji or no kainji

and btw how come power gets really bad when the dry season starts? and the heat in lagos is killing right now.

On the heat matter, it is really terrible.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by WinkWrld: 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
Nigeria is still dark.. Light up naija. Go Kanji, Go Kanji...nonsense.........smh
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2012
Power supply is still as bad as it was. And the March heat is worsening everything.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by dapo338(m): 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2012
Half bread is better than none, It can't really stop the power outage but atlease it will be better compared to days ago. it was hell living without National electricy.. He get things wey i pass my neigbor fit carry now!

www.honeycombcleaners.com.ng
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by calabaman(m): 10:58pm On Mar 20, 2012
and yet i dont still have lite. SMH!!!
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by EEVICTOREE(m): 11:29pm On Mar 20, 2012
Still makes no different...

Nigeria is fu3k..
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by Revolva(m): 11:54pm On Mar 20, 2012
bleeped up nation that cant boast of 40,000 mw ..SHAME...KANJI..I LAFF nIGERIA IS JUST A DISGRACE TO HUMANITY
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 21, 2012
Where is the power?
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by ocelot2006(m): 7:57am On Mar 21, 2012
I must commend the engineering team at Kianji Dam. Thanks to the repairs done, I now enjoy close to 22-23hrs of power supply up here in Jalingo. Please keep up the good work.
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 21, 2012
I think there is a difference, for a month, no power....It is so dark, i can't find my shoes, goodluck to me in finding my shoes though...Cos in this act of darkness.....God help me..
Re: Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid by kristiansmart: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
I think derivation formula should be used in sharing power in Naija sef.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why The PDP Will Win The 2015 Presidential Elections With Wide Margin / CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others / How Jonathan, Diezani And 28 Others Converted Maitama Hills Private Use. Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.