Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window (7976 Views)

After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! / Think Twice Before You Throw A Gum On The Road Or Floor / Would You Throw Away Your Second Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by 1shortblackboy: 4:34pm On May 22, 2013
Op thank you very much for this post I've been wondering abt this thing too why do we make d enviroment where we live as filthy as we possibly can undecided embarassed
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by krisleonard: 4:35pm On May 22, 2013
Just because some peaple feel the country is already dirty does not mean we add more dirts to it,even in a commercial movin vehicle,gently drop on the cab floor and the cabbie will get rid of it later in a proper manner,we all know this and the annoying thing is we travell round to other countries and envy what we can all contribute to control.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Freiburger(m): 4:36pm On May 22, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]How?!

name one recycling company in Nigeria?!

Are you telling me there is no recycling firm in Nigeria? Are you serious?
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by zolajpower: 4:36pm On May 22, 2013
adexsimply: maybe because most vehicles dont have waste baskets
seconded my brother
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by 3ace(m): 4:40pm On May 22, 2013
Most bad habits that we display today is because for so long in this country, the government has failed to curb such acts by punishing offenders. Thus, it has become an addiction for us and people do it without care because they know nobody cares. I was in a bus in Lagos on one rainy day and I saw a woman emptying a sack of dirt into the gutter. And when all this dirt assemble in the canal causing flood, the same people will start to complain that government is not doing enough to protect lives. I think the government needs to revive KAI which was used by the Military in the past.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by thorpido(m): 4:41pm On May 22, 2013
We all grew up seeing it and took it as a normal thing to do.Some people will see people cleaning the streets and still throw dirts on the roads.

Most vehicles don't have waste bins.There was a time the government made a rule that all public vehicles should have a bin but the enforcement died down.

Please drop your dirt in the vehicles if there are no bins there and try to discourage other passengers from throwing dirts through the windows.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Okijajuju: 4:42pm On May 22, 2013
Freiburger:
Are you telling me there is no recycling firm in Nigeria? Are you serious?

Well, if there is, I dont know any!

In port harcourt, I cant name any.
In Anambra State, NONE!
In Imo State, the only thing they recycle there is beer to water. grin
In Bayelsa, None.

Okay! Its alriight!
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by jeffizy(m): 4:43pm On May 22, 2013
Just to see how dirt flies! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 22, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]In port harcourt, I cant name any
In Anambra State, NONE!
In Bayelsa, None.

Okay! Its alriight! [/b]

There is in PH oh
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by obi123: 4:52pm On May 22, 2013
alutacontinua: because most of the public transport mediums don't have a waste-bin in them. If the habit is to be curbed, we need to start from there. That is not enough excuse for the bad habit, though.

well i live in the UK and there are no bins on the buses , you pretty much hang on to your rubbish until you find a bin, the problem is that most Nigerians are uncouth

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Okijajuju: 4:55pm On May 22, 2013
wise_many2k:

There is in PH oh
For where bros?!
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by darqly(m): 4:56pm On May 22, 2013
Many of us don't have proper garbage disposal methods even at home, so we extend it even when we're outdoors. It's shocking to believe that we expect garbage to automatically be absorbed by mother nature hence the ease with which we toss trash out of moving vehicles. It cuts across all strata of the society regardless of status because you see corn cobs and plastic bottles thrown from 'expensive' cars on major highways, in the middle of traffic! We're a dirty bunch aren't we? undecided
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Smooyis(m): 4:57pm On May 22, 2013
Barbarism. Some of us are educated but uncivilised. Not until people begin to pay dearly for this negative attitude, many will continue to indulge in it.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 22, 2013
The worst I've seen was a woman on lagos ibadan expressway. Thus woman was busy cutting ewedu leaf and throwing the stem out through the window. it was really shocking.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by deor03(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2013
I was once driving behind a man in traffic and he threw some dirt on the road.
I began to flash him endlessly until he looked through his mirror. I made gestures to him, disapproving what he had done

To my amazement, he opened his car door, came out, picked the dirt and apologized.

FYI
This happened in Lagos
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Caracta(f): 5:02pm On May 22, 2013
Charity begins at home. Some people live in very dirty houses. They are programmed to litter everywhere. I remember holding on to a wrap of mints for hours, there was no wastebin nearby. My friend told me to stop acting mumu-ish and throw the wrap on the ground. She said i had no Lagos spirit in me.

Choi!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Caracta(f): 5:03pm On May 22, 2013
Too many educated illiterates. Smh..

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 22, 2013
Okija juju:
For where bros?!

Tai...Nonwa road...near police college
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by supaeagles(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2013
Caracta: Too many educated illiterates. Smh..
Ah ah - enlightened one , make you helep us become literate now
wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by An0nimus: 5:15pm On May 22, 2013
slimyem: I don't do it and I also discourage it. I'd rather throw it on the floor of the car.
doesn't matter.Do your part to keep it from getting dirtier than it already is.
same here. I find it irritating when people do it. sometimes I'm walking on the road and I'm seeing responsible adults throw banana peels outside their car windows smh
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Danielotuya(m): 5:16pm On May 22, 2013
specialguest: We throw dirts through the window of a moving vehicle so the wind can blow it away to the road side. lipsrsealed
Gbam!!!!!!!
But really i never thought of why until i read this post. Fortunately i rarely do that except maybe chewing gum wraps grin
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by ayolatun(m): 5:17pm On May 22, 2013
Okija juju: Because the country is already dirty!
D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ doesn't mean we should litter the dirty environment. Let's try and imbibe in us the mannner of using a trash can.if Ɣ☺ΰ don't see a trash can, hold on to it until Ɣ☺ΰ see one. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by An0nimus: 5:18pm On May 22, 2013
Caracta: Charity begins at home. Some people live in very dirty houses. They are programmed to litter everywhere. I remember holding on to a wrap of mints for hours, there was no wastebin nearby. My friend told me to stop acting mumu-ish and throw the wrap on the ground. She said i had no Lagos spirit in me.

Choi!
thats how someone said I'm weird when I said I sometimes keep gala wraps in my bag until I come across a waste bin lol
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Freiburger(m): 5:24pm On May 22, 2013
Truth is, the present government lacks what it takes to protect the environment. As a child growing up in Nigeria in the early 80's you can barely find people acting that silly, thanks to Tunde Idiagbon then. But our present government seems to be concern with asking for more money for food at the Aso rock. undecided
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by OKOABENI(m): 5:24pm On May 22, 2013
Most nigeria commercial bus don't have waste basket.so people think next solution is throw it out of window
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by ITbomb(m): 5:25pm On May 22, 2013
Just that little waterproof wey I throw away na im una dey shout like this ?
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by ooua: 5:25pm On May 22, 2013
Force does not get you any better result, we should be talking of campaigns on air/prints to change our orintation, once this is achieved we can then pass it on to the next generation. I dont do it because growing up my parents thought me that was bad even though am of the old school and am teaching the younger ones around me the same thing. Most of the people who do this do not really know its bad, for the average Nigerian anything goes. Just like some people will burn their waste thereby pouluting the air and inconvenincing people with respiratory problems.
3ace: Most bad habits that we display today is because for so long in this country, the government has failed to curb such acts by punishing offenders. Thus, it has become an addiction for us and people do it without care because they know nobody cares. I was in bus in Lagos on one rainy day and I Saw a woman emptying a sack of dirt into the gutter. And when all this dirt assemble in the canal causing flood, the same people will start to complain that government is not doing enough to protect lives. I think the government needs to revive KAI which was used by the Military in the past.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Cestmoi1(f): 5:25pm On May 22, 2013
i rarely do it.i wrap d dirt in a nylon,put it in my bag and throw it away wen i find a wastebin.on campus,i hold d dirt in my hands till i find a wastebin.pple shld cultivate d habit of nt throwing dirts anyao.
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by Coldblooded(m): 5:35pm On May 22, 2013
It makes our environment colourful. It's fun to throw dirts thru windows and watch them fly aimlessly in the air grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by jmoore(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2013
I leave it inside the commercial bus, I don't drop it outside.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by groovie(m): 5:52pm On May 22, 2013
Okija juju:

In port harcourt, I cant name any.
In Anambra State, NONE!
In Bayelsa, None.

Okay! Its alriight!

African circle, Lagos. i know that one
Re: Why Do You Throw Dirt Through The Car Window by bamto(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2013
It is a malaise that has eaten deep into the fabrics of our public life- same thing with corruption. To curb it, stringent laws must be in place with vibrant law enforcement agents. The KAI-model should be adopted by all states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Stay A Day Without Speaking Pidgin? / Picture : Man Swimming In Main Road / I Owe No One No Apology!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.