Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa (1588 Views)

Jonathan Moves Property From Aso Rock, Plans Global Shuttle,to Write Book / Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers / Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 21, 2013
Jonathan Goes For Amaechi’s Jugular, Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa…Dumps Shema For Isa Yuguda

[img]http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/themes/goodnews47/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Amaechi-and-Mr-Jonathan.jpeg&h=275&w=599&zc=1[/img]

Barely three days to the election of the Nigerian Governors Forum, NGF, Chairmanship position, a desperate President Goodluck Jonathan has gone for the jugular of the incumbent Chairman of the body and current governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Amaechi by threatening the ruling PDP governors to pressure other opposition parties governors to agree to hold the election right under his watch in the presidential villa.

An influential member of the NGF who is also a governor in one of the Northern states told iReports-ng.com on the phone today that “the Nigerian president has gone for the broke and so paranoid because of an ordinary governors forum election.” The source further revealed that out of desperation for his return in 2015, Mr Jonathan has also dropped his support for the governor of Katsina state, Ibrahim Shema for his Bauchi state counterpart, Isa Yuguda.

“As we speak, two of our colleagues who are the arrow heads of the group of governors promoting the Jonathan agenda within the forum, I mean Governor Gabriel Suswam of Benue and Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state are in the villa with the president where they are calling the governors for the president to speak with them one after the other. This is in addition to the on-going collation of supporting governors’ signatures for the election”, the governor who will not want to be mentioned for fear of victimisation stated.

The source further disclosed that in addition to the efforts of Jonathan, Suswam and Akpabio, the Board of Trustees Chairman of the PDP, Chief Tony Anenih has equally been speaking with the governors to support the president’s choice for the NGF. He said one of the governors that has been won over by Anenih is the Cross River state governor, Liyel Imoke who was until now a stauch supporter of Amaechi. “Imoke has turned his back because he was blackmailed that he has a number of cases pending in EFCC and was also promised some oil blocs”, the source added. Indeed, it has been reported that Anenih was about a week ago in Calabar to meet Imoke.

Another governor in the south- west who also spoke to iReports-ng.com on the matter today confirmed that President Jonathan had personally called him to seek his support for his choice for the NGF chairmanship. ” I was surprised that the president will call me to ask me to support his choice for the chairmanship of our forum even when he knows i belong to another party and not a PDP member. It shocked me but it confirms our fear that the man (Jonathan) is becoming too desperate about this his 2015 ambition”, the southwest governor added.

Notwithstanding the president’s desperation, there are indications that Governor Amaechi will still win the election scheduled for Thursday in Abuja if allowed to hold in a conducive atmosphere, free and fair. “There is no disputing the fact that the president’s illegalities in Rivers in an attempt to cripple the state government has won some sympathy for Governor Amaechi. It is obvious the battle is about 2015, so majority of governors from the North will back Amaechi and it is certain that all the 11 APC governors are giving him their votes”,the source added.

Source
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 21, 2013
That report is a product of beer parlour journalism. I know the president is naturally interested in who becomes the next NGF chairman but to now bring in EFCC, oil blocks,etc into the matter is ridiculous. If the president gives out oil block to secure support of governors for NGF election, then he'll sell the country to secure PDP primary ticket. If the EFCC will attack PDP governors that fails to support the president's position, what will then happen to ACN, CPC and APGA governors that are solidly behind Amaechi? Are these governors not also afraid of EFCC or are they immune to EFCC arrest?

That report belongs to the thrash can

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by idupaul: 2:50pm On May 21, 2013
^ ^
We shall eventually know the truth so let's be patient
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by duality(m): 3:00pm On May 21, 2013
only fools will swallow this nonsense. Look at the way the sentences were constructed; It lacks the simplest objectivity.
Truth cannot come out of this joint.
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by Toktee(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: That report is a product of beer parlour journalism. I know the president is naturally interested in who becomes the next NGF chairman but to now bring in EFCC, oil blocks,etc into the matter is ridiculous. If the president gives out oil block to secure support of governors for NGF election, then he'll sell the country to secure PDP primary ticket. If the EFCC will attack PDP governors that fails to support the president's position, what will then happen to ACN, CPC and APGA governors that are solidly behind Amaechi? Are these governors not also afraid of EFCC or are they immune to EFCC arrest?

Editor in chief
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by EkoAtlantic: 3:16pm On May 21, 2013
... a desperate President Goodluck Jonathan has gone for the jugular of the incumbent Chairman of the body and current governor of Rivers state,

Wow
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by chukel(m): 3:22pm On May 21, 2013
Truly, sincere nigerian is jobless. Always glued to his lappy waiting for who wil post wat. The story doesn't entirely sound true but also doesn't entirely sound false. But if d president has gone dat far, he is unduely interfering. I wish both camps luck. BTW, I thought akpabio said NGF constitution only allows one term for the chairman. Y is he(amaechi) still running or is dat one of akpabio's unconscious lies? Dis election shud cum nd go let dia b peace. Or dy shud even crush d governor's forum. Of wat use is it

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by Gbawe: 5:31pm On May 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: That report is a product of beer parlour journalism. I know the president is naturally interested in who becomes the next NGF chairman but to now bring in EFCC, oil blocks,etc into the matter is ridiculous. If the president gives out oil block to secure support of governors for NGF election, then he'll sell the country to secure PDP primary ticket. If the EFCC will attack PDP governors that fails to support the president's position, what will then happen to ACN, CPC and APGA governors that are solidly behind Amaechi? Are these governors not also afraid of EFCC or are they immune to EFCC arrest?

Is this not how you and your co-travellers came out to discredit the report that Alamco was in line for a Presidential pardon? Remind us again what happened in the end?
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by awodman: 5:45pm On May 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Is this not how you and your co-travellers came out to discredit the report that Alamco was in line for a Presidential pardon? Remind us again what happened in the end?
Just like you danced alanta when you and ur partners falsely reported that Christopher Kolade was resigning as Sure-p chairman...
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by Goddex: 5:54pm On May 21, 2013
Lie Lie media. The story sounds very fake.
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by solopumpy227: 6:10pm On May 21, 2013
The news sound so beer-parlourish but VERY PLAUSIBLE. This FG has never hidden its desperation towards 2015. The first battle of PDP 2015 Presidential candidate selection war (that trew up Anenih) was determined in the same manner.

I wonder why the President is so desperate about the Leadership of NGF when out of the 36 members of this body 12 of them belong to opposition parties. This body has no constitutional recognition or statutory roles. It is just a registered forum.

If these Governors allowed themselves to be cowered by the President then none of them is worthy to be a State Governor in the first place. I may understand the stands of Gov Imoke, Mimiko or Shema and those who are already with him but others just have no excuse to allow unwarranted bullying. This will show they lack credibility, self-determination, and purpose.

For me, if he succeded in muscling up the Govs against their belief then we should forget about a free and fair 2015 Presidential election. He will repeat the same thing and ...

President Jonathan's tenure MUST COME TO AN END ONE DAY and why will any reasonable Gov be swayed by his treaths. When OBJ seized Lagos council funds Yaradua came and paid-up to the last kobo.

As long as this country remains one an Anti-Jonathan President will emerge in the near-future and revisit all his current actions and inactions.
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by Mustay(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2013
Is Jonathan a governor

This seems like bloggers who try to form stories from their imaginations.

GEj used to be a member of the forum but inasmuch as we are all aware of various interests, tell us what signifciance this has? All these governors are all just after permanent interests, some people have made the forum more popular than its needed.
Re: Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa by OAM4J: 6:31pm On May 21, 2013

(1)

Apga Lost To APC On People's Vote In Anambra / What If APC Losses Lagos And Wins the Presidency! / Aondowase Chia Of Benue State Has Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.