Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers (10416 Views)

Governor Al-Makura Lying On Bug-Infested Mattress In Government School (Pic) / Jonathan Moves Property From Aso Rock, Plans Global Shuttle,to Write Book / BREAKING: Nasarawa Lawmakers Serves Gov. Al-makura Impeachment Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by demand1982: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday met behind closed-doors with six members of the Nasarawa State House of Assembly.

The meeting was believed to be the President’s way of intervening in the impeachment process that the lawmakers had instituted against the state governor, Tanko Al-Makura.

Al-Makura had met with the President over the weekend in his bid to stop his removal from office.

The members of the Assembly, who met with Jonathan on Thursday, were led by their Speaker, Musa Muhammed.

The Deputy National Chairman, South, of the Peoples Democratic Party, Uche Secondus, also attended the meeting.

The National Chairman, Adamu Muazu, is currently on lesser Hajj in Saudi Arabia.

Muhammed however told State House correspondents at the end of the parley that the meeting was a private one.

When pressed further to disclose whether the meeting has changed the situation in the state, the Speaker said he did not have the mandate of the Assembly to speak with journalists.

He said only the Chairman of the House Committee on Information was mandated to speak to journalists.

“It is a private visit. We are here to see the President on a private visit. I do not have the mandate of the assembly to address the press. We have the Chairman of the House Committee on Information, who we have agreed should be talking on our behalf,” he said.

When asked whether the Assembly was under pressure from the Presidency or any other quarters to drop the impeachment process, Muhammed asked, “Who is putting pressure on who?”

Secondus, who came out of the President’s office a few minutes after the lawmakers, claimed he did not come with them.

He said he arrived the Presidential Villa before them.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-moves-to-save-al-makura-meets-nasarawa-lawmakers/
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by seanet02: 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
The mofo is going back to PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by demand1982: 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
seanet02: The mofo is going back to PDP.
please who is the mofo and what does it mean

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
And what if he does? You janjaweedians cant save him, he has to jump ship. Ever had of permanent interests? undecided

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by akumada1: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
INNOisBACK: And what if he does? You janjaweedians cant save him, he has to jump ship. Ever had of permanent interests? undecided
Only permanent interest no permanent enemy.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by egift(m): 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jonathan, stage-managing trouble in Nigeria since 1st October, 2010.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
was he ever in PDP? Didn't he win the governorship seat on the platform of CPC which is now APC?
I stand to be corrected though!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by ratiken(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
egift: Jonathan, stage-managing trouble in Nigeria since 1st October, 2010.

It must be tough and shameful being you. Am certain you cry yourself to sleep every night.

35 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by danot1030: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dat is leadership in display. A true leader don't watch his house scatter on the bases of affinity cos he sees himself as a leader to both on his side and those not. He is not the type that want one to be destroy for him to gain, a leader's gain is premise on credibility. Kudos to GEJ, I give u this one.

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by gramci: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
The so called "weak and clueless one" saving supporter of APC governor Tthiefnubu and Bokko Hari can't rescue.

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Sec5(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
I don't think d President is right to stop a Democratic process if d gov has committed impeachable offence unless if d impeachment plan is a witch hunt.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Sec5(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
danot1030: Dat is leadership in display. A true leader don't watch his house scatter on the bases of affinity cos he sees himself as a leader to both on his side and those not. He is not the type that want one to be destroy for him to gain, a leader's gain is premise on credibility. Kudos to GEJ, I give u this one.

Why giving it to him?

Because he want to save d gov at d expense of Nassarawa state?
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by demand1982: 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
egift: Jonathan, stage-managing trouble in Nigeria since 1st October, 2010.
really
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by demand1982: 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
danot1030: Dat is leadership in display. A true leader don't watch his house scatter on the bases of affinity cos he sees himself as a leader to both on his side and those not. He is not the type that want one to be destroy for him to gain, a leader's gain is premise on credibility. Kudos to GEJ, I give u this one.
why am giving you a thumbs -up? Are you in any leadership position presently? Cause as a leader myself, I know the import of your statement.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by demand1982: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
Sec5: I don't think d President is right to stop a Democratic process if d gov has committed impeachable offence unless if d impeachment plan is a witch hunt.
I agree that no president has the right to truncate any democratic process, but what if he studies the mood of the nation and finds a way to douse the tensions here and there? Especially id he can reach out. I do not see any thing wrong in that aspect.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by otokx(m): 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Political drama.
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by tempest01(m): 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Sec5:
Why giving it to him?
he sit's back and allows the process, you people shoot that he is the orchestrator...he's fighting A PC...He intercedes, you shout that he is interfering. What do reallying want.

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
berem: was he ever in PDP? Didn't he win the governorship seat on the platform of CPC which is now APC?

Yeah he was a founding member of PDP in Nassarawa but switched to CPC to run against Aliyu Akwe Doma after losing the PDP primaries.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by seanet02: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
berem: was he ever in PDP? Didn't he win the governorship seat on the platform of CPC which is now APC?
my bad
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
dragan:

Yeah he was a founding member of PDP in Nassarawa but switched to CPC to run against Aliyu Akwe Doma after losing the PDP primaries.
imagine?
All these politicians are something else. Apart from political leaders like Tinubu and Buhari,every other politician started from PDP.

I just weak!

cry cry

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by vedd: 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
Theatrics.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Decibel: 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
berem: imagine?
All these politicians are something else. Apart from political leaders like Tinubu and Buhari,every other politician started from PDP.

I just weak!

cry cry

He's not really that much of an experienced Politician, he's just a wealthy businessman that decided to try and save the State from the crap it went through with two PDP governors and as far as i know he's done well with the small budget and the debt on the state. This whole thing is because of that Nigerian Mentality of some tribes in the state believing its their turn to rule, and he kind of recklessly promised to serve for 1 term.

But just like I expected guys like Labaran Maku wouldn't be too happy about this since the Deputy will take over and he'll just have another PDP candidate to go against and he'll have the upper hand as Governor if Al-Makura is impeached.

Summary - Al-Makura is a good man that's done better than all the 12 years of former PDP governors, the Legislators have been frustrating his efforts for the last 3 years and no other PDP candidate can defeat him in a fair election unless they impeach him or start some ethnic or religious tension in the state (like they tried to with the Ombatse crap and every other thing that happens that's never on the news).

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by demand1982: 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
dragan:

He's not really that much of an experienced Politician, he's just a wealthy businessman that decided to try and save the State from the crap it went through with two PDP governors and as far as i know he's done well with the small budget and the debt on the state. This whole thing is because of that Nigerian Mentality of some tribes in the state believing its their turn to rule, and he kind of recklessly promised to serve for 1 term.

But just like I expected guys like Labaran Maku wouldn't be too happy about this since the Deputy will take over and he'll just have another PDP candidate to go against and he'll have the upper hand as Governor if Al-Makura is impeached.

Summary - Al-Makura is a good man that's done better than all the 12 years of former PDP governors, the Legislators have been frustrating his efforts for the last 3 years and no other PDP candidate can defeat him in a fair election unless they impeach him or start some ethnic or religious tension in the state (like they tried to with the Ombatse crap and every other thing that happens that's never on the news).
hmm what a take!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by gerald09(m): 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Na wa oh! Our elders no get shame or ethics. Soon all politicians will have dual-party membership card. Just in case as kissing changes hand. Its easier to join the powerful party @ d moment than stand for what u believe on. They not interested in changing Nigeria they interested in changing parties wen looting is threatened.
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
ratiken:

It must be tough and shameful being you. Am certain you cry yourself to sleep every night.

grin Guy you are wicked... Btw, why's your moniker ratiken, are you a rat poison?
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
That guy 'Mr. President' might be wrong on this move.
The dude (Almakura) must have done something wrong to warrant impeachment.

Why's Mr. President trying to save a corrupt man who stole, embezzled, misappropriated the people's fund(s)?
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by demand1982: 11:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
emmyrichie:

grin Guy you are wicked... Btw, why's your moniker ratiken, are you a rat poison?
very strong adjective you used there mahn!
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by demand1982: 11:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
emmyrichie: That guy 'Mr. President' might be wrong on this move.
The dude (Almakura) must have done something wrong to warrant impeachment.

Why's Mr. President trying to save a corrupt man who stole, embezzled, misappropriated the people's fund(s)?
if only he would give us any reason at all, it is going to be "national interest." lolxxxx
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by Billygee2u: 3:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Sec5:

Why giving it to him?

If GEJ didn't interven to save the Gov.you all that's criticizing GEJ daily will also criticize him.
Nigerians remove hate and move forward .

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by shadowwalker101: 3:52am On Jul 25, 2014
Oga jonah
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers by YoursGEJ(m): 3:53am On Jul 25, 2014
Buhari bomb attack don make Jonathan repent abi? Je saved who?? From his own paid hoologans? That man funny o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State / List Of 5 Most Hated Nigerians Alive. / N134bn Ogoni Judgment Debt: Shell Loses Appeal At Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.