Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia (9250 Views)

Photos From Shiites Protest For Killing Of Members In Bauchi, Yobe, Kaduna / Lieutenant Tobi Cohen, The Nigerian in Israeli Army / Libyan Doctors Are Killing Nigerian Hiv Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Gorrbachev: 2:11pm On May 21, 2013
SHAH ALAM: Two security guards have been jailed for causing the death of a Nigerian who allegedly cheated them.

The High Court here sentenced T. Kumar, 29, to seven years in jail for causing the death of 27-year-old student Nwabudike Emmanuel Chukwma, while V. Ganesan, 29, was sentenced to one year in jail for causing hurt to the deceased.

They were initially charged with murder but pleaded guilty to reduced charges after their defence sent a representation to the Attorney-General's Chambers.

Justice Noor Azian Shaari said nobody had the right to take another person's life despite the other person's wrongdoing.

"Your mistake is when you confronted the deceased. You could have reported him to the police and other people could have been warned about him.

"Even if he is a conman, this does not mean his life should be taken," she said before passing the sentence.

Earlier, lawyer Datuk N. Sivananthan told the court that the offence did not involve use of weapons.

"It was not their intention to kill him. The incident happened at the heat of the moment. They are remorseful of their actions," he said.

Sivananthan also informed the court that the deceased had a pending court case under Section 420 of the Penal Code (for cheating) and had overstayed in the country.

DPP Muhamad Asyraf Md Kamal said the deceased suffered 29 wounds on his body.

"From the photo exhibits we can see that the deceased suffered serious body injuries. If the accused did not have any intention to kill him, would the injuries be this horrible?" he said.

According to facts of the case, Kumar and Ganesan went to Chukwma's house at No 48, Jalan PJU 2/15, Taman Puncak Jalil in Seri Kembangan on April 23, last year.

An argument broke out between Kumar and the deceased and Ganesan proceeded to punch the deceased on his body and face.

Kumar also punched and beat the deceased, causing him to fall.

Kumar then dragged the deceased on the tarred road in front of the house and kicked him repeatedly on his head.

The deceased died due to blunt force trauma from severe injuries on his head.

http://www.ntv7.com.my/7edition/local-en/TWO_SECURITY_GUARDS_GET_JAIL_FOR_CAUSING_DEATH_OF_NIGERIAN_STUDENT.html

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/5/21/nation/20130521172919&sec=nation
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 21, 2013
Hmmmn may the dead soul rest in peace
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 21, 2013
yeah
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Lilimax(f): 5:07pm On May 21, 2013
Gorrbachev:
The High Court here sentenced T. Kumar, 29, to seven years in jail for causing the death of 27-year-old student Nwabudike Emmanuel Chukwma, while V. Ganesan, 29, was sentenced to one year in jail for causing hurt to the deceased.
This is totally unacceptable.Just seven years in prisonment for man slaughter
I hope the Nigeria high commission in Malaysia will rise up and
protest against this unjustifiable judgment.
That guy suppose to rot in jail sad

1 Like

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by kbdrim(m): 5:08pm On May 21, 2013
Seven years for killing another human being..That is appalling!

1 Like

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by olufunkeoyedeji(f): 5:08pm On May 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin OO h sorry shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Thats the gain of 419ners

1 Like

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 21, 2013
Eyah.....RIP Nwoke

I hope it wasn't drug-related.

The heart of wicked men embarassed sad
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by jydmak(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2013
dey deserve more dan dat.
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by nattymallam: 5:11pm On May 21, 2013
No be una fault na home wey no good cause am, imagine d light sentence for person wey dem kill. Na me be first to comment??
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by White007(m): 5:12pm On May 21, 2013
Na WA O!

This guy-man do con enter grave.

Having said that, they have no reason to have killed him no matter what his offense is / are.

Bleep they gave 7years for murder, only in Asia where African life is worth less.

May he rest in peace.
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by lelion: 5:12pm On May 21, 2013
May the soul of the deceased rest in peace. However, I think we Nigerians abroad should turn a new leaf and avoid involving in questionable deals and by so doing, we will be respected by our host nations.
Shalom
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by yuzedo: 5:13pm On May 21, 2013
huh? Wuz dis? undecided jackin chan and jent ly bit up a Nigeria boy till he death because he top profit on biznees? Jesos. Bro u shud have neva neva mess wit chinise poeple!!! cry
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by IleIfe2(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2013
Its sad here man. Idians are angry and some of our people don't behave well. Indians are always looking for a reason to attack you.

2 Likes

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by jadina(f): 5:14pm On May 21, 2013
They get 7 and 1 years respectively for taking human life sad sad sad shocked. very unfair.
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by White007(m): 5:17pm On May 21, 2013
jydmak: dey deserve more dan dat.

Really? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Omogbhollahorn(m): 5:17pm On May 21, 2013
some nigerians gan sha want money by force
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by RickyRoss1(m): 5:18pm On May 21, 2013
Our brothers nor dey hear word, They have turned Malaysia to another South Africa. Malaysia used to be a very good place, but now you feel ashamed to be black in Malaysia because everyone thinks you are a scammer or drug baron.

Some of our brothers are even selling their kidneys for money, some can trick you, drug you and sell your organs if you are not careful. the kind of things we do is unthinkable. Sometimes I blame our society. If you travel overseas and come back without Porsche cars, people will think you are a failure. That is why guys are doing everything possible to make money no matter what it takes.

Sometimes I wonder how guys manage to make all the money in Malaysia. Since 3 years now Malaysia is the hottest country where one can make mega bucks within few months. Last Xmas Malaysia guys in my village were the hottest and richest. I know a certain guy that traveled just last year, within 6 months he has build 2 hostels in owerri and 1 standard hotel. I value his properties in Owerri more than 400 Million Naira, how did he get such money within few months? This is a guy that used to copy me back in primary school. When i ask they claim to be importers? But I have been importing goods into Ghana and Nigeria for many years now and I do not own the kind of hotel this guy built under few months.

8 Likes

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:19pm On May 21, 2013
Felt sorry for the deadman. This is one of the reasons why I frown @ 419 biz.
As for the sentence, I think it's still light. Expecially the 1year given to the other man.
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Artistree: 5:20pm On May 21, 2013
If killings continue at dis rate, I'm afraid Nigerians are facing extinction from World Map, cos deaths are now on per second basis.

1 Like

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Lilimax(f): 5:21pm On May 21, 2013
SamConquer: See As You Dey Make Noise For Our Ear.Your Country Granted Amnesty To People Who Killed More Than 2000 Nigerian Them Even Do Guy On Top Say Na Them Go Give Us Amnesty.U dey Here Dey Form 'protest'
Tell me something? Who are they and when was the amnesty granted ?
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Lachynos2k2(m): 5:21pm On May 21, 2013
yuzedo: huh? Wuz dis? undecided jackin chan and jent ly bit up a Nigeria boy till he death because he top profit on biznees? Jesos. Bro u shud have neva neva mess wit chinise poeple!!! cry
na joke u dey joke abi na so dem born u?
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by indianin9ja(m): 5:21pm On May 21, 2013
If you con people, you're intending to steal their livelihoods, it's as if you're intending to take their lives. So I don't feel too sorry for the murdered conman. I hate all cons, be them Indian, Nigerian, or American.
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 21, 2013
indianin9ja: If you con people, you're intending to steal their livelihoods, it's as if you're intending to take their lives. So I don't feel too sorry for the murdered conman. I hate all cons, be them Indian, Nigerian, or American.

Was this a drug related issue?

Did they do business together and Chukwuma failed to meet his part of the obligation?
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by TonySpike: 5:27pm On May 21, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Our brothers nor dey hear word, They have turned Malaysia to another South Africa. Malaysia used to be a very good place, but now you feel ashamed to be black in Malaysia because everyone thinks you are a scammer or drug baron.

Some of our brothers are even selling their kidneys for money, some can trick you, drug you and sell your organs if you are not careful. the kind of things we do is unthinkable. Sometimes I blame our society. If you travel overseas and come back without Porsche cars, people will think you are a failure. That is why guys are doing everything possible to make money no matter what it takes.

Sometimes I wonder how guys manage to make all the money in Malaysia. Since 3 years now Malaysia is the hottest country where one can make mega bucks within few months. Last Xmas Malaysia guys in my village were the hottest and richest. I know a certain guy that traveled just last year, within 6 months he has build 2 hostels in owerri and 1 standard hotel. I value his properties in Owerri more than 400 Million Naira, how did he get such money within few months? This is a guy that used to copy me back in primary school. When i ask they claim to be importers? But I have been importing goods into Ghana and Nigeria for many years now and I do not own the kind of hotel this guy built under few months.

Ricky Ross, is this really you? I am very impressed...
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Lilimax(f): 5:27pm On May 21, 2013
Ricky_Ross:
Bro, never you envy them for any reason... if they tell you what they do to get rich, you will marvel. Most of them are occultic... angry angry

1 Like

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 21, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Our brothers nor dey hear word, They have turned Malaysia to another South Africa. Malaysia used to be a very good place, but now you feel ashamed to be black in Malaysia because everyone thinks you are a scammer or drug baron.

1000 Likes....

1 Like

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Afam4eva(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2013
Is this not the same country where people are sentenced to death for drug related offense, yet they're giving 7 years to a murderer.

1 Like

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 21, 2013
If we talk now, someone will call tribalism...

Anyways, I feel no remorse for the dead man- Overeacting Marks are hazards any good con man should be aware of....

Don't scam people if you don't have sufficient protection or escape strategies
Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by DJDOLA(m): 5:56pm On May 21, 2013
MALAYSIA..WIRE THINS...SOME GUYS ON NAIRALAND UNDERSTAND WAT I WROTE

2 Likes

Re: Two Jailed For Killing Nigerian in Malaysia by supaeagles(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2013
The irony of justice systems...., a man gets 7 years imprisonement from a givernment court for manslaughter while in jungle justice a man can pay with a burning tyre around his neck if he is caught stealing in a public market place undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn The Imo State Anthem Here!! / Breaking!! Nigeria Can't Find Buyers For Her Oil / We Must Borrow More To Deliver Infrastructure —Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.