Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections (4112 Views)

FG In Close Door Meeting With Chibok Girls’ Parents / Nigerians Urged To Support Fg’s Plans To Privatise National Refineries / World Bank To Support FG’s ATA With 500m Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by Stallion77(f): 4:19pm On May 21, 2013
Participants at a multi-stakeholders’ conference on the 2015 elections have expressed concern about the implications of the insecurity in the country ahead of the exercise, as the United Nations has pledged to collaborate with the Federal Government to make the polls violence and fraud-free.

The conference gave the participants the opportunity to appraise the Independent National Electoral (INEC) on the management of past elections in the country, especially the 2011 general elections.

The major players in the nation’s electoral system are considering several challenges affecting the conduct of elections in Nigeria. Among the issues identified are poor voter education, constituency delimitation, lack of internal democracy within the political parties as well as the legal framework for the conduct of elections. But nothing appears more worrisome to them than the insecurity in the country.

Those who spoke at the conference expressed worry over the increasing violence in the country, saying it might have viral effects on the elections unless curbed by the government.

As part of the efforts in this direction, the United Nations Resident Co-ordinator, Dr. Daouda Toure, announced that his office was ready to collaborate with the Federal Government to mop up small arms and light weapons ahead of the general elections.

There was the consensus, however, that democratic governance is fundamental to realising critical human development goals, including security of lives and property. This, they said, leaves Nigeria with no option other than to focus on building and nurturing her democracy, especially as the nation marches towards the 2015 general elections.

As part of the efforts in this direction, the United Nations Resident Co-ordinator, Dr. Daouda Toure, announced that his office was ready to collaborate with the Federal Government to mop up small arms and light weapons ahead of the general elections.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/21/un-vows-to-support-fg-towards-2015-elections/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by Oyetboy(m): 5:15pm On May 21, 2013
Nice 1
first to comment again :-D
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by BlackMamba2: 5:18pm On May 21, 2013
In what aspect are they intending to support naija... was it solicited or unsolicited?
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by FirstOpinion: 5:18pm On May 21, 2013
So Without UN,There Will Be No free And Fair Election In Nigeria?
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 21, 2013
LOL.......

1 Like

Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by JIkaba(m): 5:19pm On May 21, 2013
It can b FREE, bt nvr FAIR . . . Aftrall, d FG z DARK in complexion!
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by yuzedo: 5:20pm On May 21, 2013
huh? Woz dis? UN want to supported PDP FG to rig eletion in 2015??!? Oh gord d profesy is comin truth, we give up!! Time to build bunker in my banana ice land man shun!! angry angry angry
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by SamConquer(m): 5:24pm On May 21, 2013
yuzedo: huh? Woz dis? UN want to supported PDP FG to rig eletion in 2015??!? Oh gord d profesy is comin truth, we give up!! Time to build bunker in my banana ice land man shun!! angry angry angry
Wont They Support Before.Guy I Just Bought A Triple Duplex In The banana Ice Land What Is Your House Number On The Ice Land.I hope You Will Come and attend My HOMEBOY party Rocking In My Triple Duplex Tonight!A lot Of CHICKITO(Genevieve,rita dominic,Kim kardashian,Damilola Adegbite,and many more) Will be Around...Point And Carry..
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by musiwa26: 5:26pm On May 21, 2013
that is a joke of the century. 70 millions guns.. you people dont know where you are very well. In nigeria, when the north say, I want to leave the country. it means they are about to die. the north have been the one who preserve nigeria. and them saying I want to leave, tell you how bad the danger sign of the satellite pictures.. under normal situation the north will never try to leave..

Do you know anyone who want to leave billion dollar and run away except there is danger to their lifes.. they will rather save their lifes than money. this is what is going on. who tries to remain in fire.?

The satellite pictures are so bad, that it make them want to leave to save their lifes.. the northerners are the last people who are going to try to leave, it is because they are looking at the pictures.. that why they have been blow up Adenuga glo , MTN telephone mass. the pictures are not good. millions are going to die.

The most deadly handshack in the world, guinness book of world record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efE7aaafYAk
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by SincereBigot: 5:30pm On May 21, 2013
Come 2015!!!

No jonathan!

No nigeria..(cool

Daz all

2 Likes

Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by yuzedo: 5:32pm On May 21, 2013
SamConquer: Wont They Support Before.Guy I Just Bought A Triple Duplex In The banana Ice Land What Is Your House Number On The Ice Land.I hope You Will Come and attend My HOMEBOY party Rocking In My Triple Duplex Tonight!A lot Of CHICKITO(Genevieve,rita dominic,Kim kardashian,Damilola Adegbite,and many more) Will be Around...Point And Carry..
U dis grate lier!! angry hav u ever went to ikeja talkless of lagos ice land? U stay in villege and be hearing lagos lagos u tink banana island is beans! Hiss. Bro, just send me mtn richard cad be four I can be lief u! Hurryyyyy angry

1 Like

Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 21, 2013
Nice move by UN. We would like to vote electronically in the south.just praying for them to assist us on that also. Fresh water 2015! GEJ till tonty19
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by ifyalways(f): 5:40pm On May 21, 2013
Are they coming to support us the way they did in Ivory coast ?

2 Likes

Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by DJDOLA(m): 5:42pm On May 21, 2013
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by LEvuls(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2013
DJDOLA . .
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:25pm On May 21, 2013
UN? Just as long as Jonathan wins even Aliens can support Nigeria conduct election. one naijeria! hehe!
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by fallingsky(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2013
Oyetboy: Nice 1
first to comment again :-D

how much you come win Monkey!
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by fallingsky(m): 9:00pm On May 21, 2013
We don't need them!
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by HezronLorraine(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2013
FirstOpinion: So Without UN,There Will Be No free And Fair Election In Nigeria?
media and their bogus headlines.UN only intends to eradicate small arms and light weapons to avoid a bloody election.Joy Ogwu,Nigerian ambassador to UN introduced a blueprint to eradicate these weapons whick she was highly praised for.the headline so mis-leading,cause UN should remain in solidarity on any nations politics and allow them carry out their democratic process of choosing leaders of will.
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by babaowo: 9:17pm On May 21, 2013
UN have never solve any problem since their establishment,they always going for selfiish interest, we should reject them or they come and cause more avoc on Nigerians..
say NO to united killers, they are worse than boko haram,eg, irag, afghan,pakistan, what did they do there? than killing their citizen....say NO to united demons!

1 Like

Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by wilxz(m): 11:05pm On May 21, 2013
yuzedo:
U dis grate lier!! angry hav u ever went to ikeja talkless of lagos ice land? U stay in villege and be hearing lagos lagos u tink banana island is beans! Hiss. Bro, just send me mtn richard cad be four I can be lief u! Hurryyyyy angry

Lol, Guy, u no go kill person with grammar, where u come from sef, pls send he the mtn richard cad so he can be lief u and stop speaking dis grammar.
Re: UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections by Dibiachukwu: 11:12pm On May 21, 2013
angry
musiwa26: that is a joke of the century. 70 millions guns.. you people dont know where you are very well. In nigeria, when the north say, I want to leave the country. it means they are about to die. the north have been the one who preserve nigeria. and them saying I want to leave, tell you how bad the danger sign of the satellite pictures.. under normal situation the north will never try to leave..

Do you know anyone who want to leave billion dollar and run away except there is danger to their lifes.. they will rather save their lifes than money. this is what is going on. who tries to remain in fire.?

The satellite pictures are so bad, that it make them want to leave to save their lifes.. the northerners are the last people who are going to try to leave, it is because they are looking at the pictures.. that why they have been blow up Adenuga glo , MTN telephone mass. the pictures are not good. millions are going to die.

Are you a member of boko haram. How come you have all their videos? Are you their nairaland spokesman? angry
musiwa26: that is a joke of the century. 70 millions guns.. you people dont know where you are very well. In nigeria, when the north say, I want to leave the country. it means they are about to die. the north have been the one who preserve nigeria. and them saying I want to leave, tell you how bad the danger sign of the satellite pictures.. under normal situation the north will never try to leave..

Are you a member of boko haram. How come you have all their videos? Are you their nairaland spokesman?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Abandons The Ibos - Backs Adekunle And The Yorubas / Story Of Katsina’s Indigenous Christians / Unconfirmed: Soldiers On Rampage In Ogoni After Militants Killed Some Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.