Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. (1185 Views)

Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects / Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects / Gej Orders Agf To Prosecute Those Indicted In Fuel Subsidy Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by emekatimsu(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2013
As the military offensive to dismantle Boko
Haram terrorists activities and the camps in
North East Nigeria continues, President
Goodluck Jonathan has directed the release
from Police, SSS and Military detention centers,
of hundreds of persons held in connection with the insurgency. The action of the President which took many Nigerians and security agencies by surprise is however interpreted by presidency sources as the ‘Carrot and Stick’ policy by the Commander in Chief to bringing an end to the Boko Haram debacle. Vanguard gathered that the beneficiaries will cut across such states as Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Bauchi, Kano, `Kaduna, Gombe and Niger, though the exact number was not revealed. The federal government however explained that the decision to order the release is sequel to the request of the Presidential Committee in Dialogue and Reconciliation set up to explore
the possibility of amnesty for converted terrorists. A statement to that effect signed by the Director of Defence Information, Brigadier General Chris Olukolade said “Consequent upon the directives of the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, the Defence Headquarters will be releasing from detention a number of persons being held in connection with terrorist activities”. “The move is in furtherance of the Federal Government position in response to requests by the Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Reconciliation”. “The measure which is in line with Presidential magnanimity to enhance peace efforts in the country will result in freedom for suspects including all women under custody”. “The details of the directives and those to benefit from this gesture have been communicated to field units and the Joint Task Force”. “The beneficiaries will be released to the State Governors who will be involved in further rehabilitation before these suspects are released to their respective community leaders and relations”.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/jonathan-
orders-release-of-detained-terrorists

Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 21, 2013
Jonathan is the most confused president nigerian has ever had,I wasted my vote and will never make such mistake again come 2015

1 Like

Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by emekatimsu(m): 8:30pm On May 21, 2013
I just pray the president is taking the right decision.
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by emekatimsu(m): 8:31pm On May 21, 2013
arcbabe: Jonathan is the most confused president nigerian has ever had,I wasted my vote and will never make such mistake again come 2015

Babe,dont conclude yet...i strongly beleive it must be for a reason.
As long as d reason will bring a lasting end to d security unrest in d north. I think its commendable.
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by genxris: 8:40pm On May 21, 2013
Front page story
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by mu2sa2: 8:41pm On May 21, 2013
Where are the rights activists? A supposed democratic govt seizes citizens including women and children and keeps them in squalid conditions for months and months and years. Their offence - suspected, yes suspected, of committing unwritten crime! On what evidence- none, just for propaganda ("10,000 bh in custody"wink. These people unjustly detained without trial for so long should sue federal govt and claim punitive damages. Even if corrupt and irrespon.sible judges dance to the tune of naira music at least the ungodly, unislamic, unchristian, inhuman wickedness of Gej-led purposeless govt would hav been exposed.

1 Like

Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by genxris: 8:42pm On May 21, 2013
But seriously i hope oga on top knws wot he is doing.
Tot he would have locked ds blood suckers into a room and set it ablaze.

1 Like

Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 21, 2013
OP 1st and foremost I think u should edit ur title post, its misleading, he ordered release of some, not all, so pls get ur facts right.
Down to d onion of the matter, I only hope he knows wat he's doing and making an informed decision, dat said I'll just sit and watch how this turns out.
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by Decapo: 8:49pm On May 21, 2013
@op wats ur source abeg?
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by Kollywolly12(m): 8:50pm On May 21, 2013
I think innocent people will be among those arrested
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by abdulumah: 9:01pm On May 21, 2013
He beter rilease all the pipul he is holding.
No president can joke with the north and sand the heat.
And stop declare war on north in d name of imergency.

1 Like

Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by tymlesbeauty123: 9:05pm On May 21, 2013
abdulumah: He beter rilease all the pipul he is holding.
abdulumah: He beter rilease all the pipul he is holding.
Foooool u sound just like ur name.
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by omiobo: 9:15pm On May 21, 2013
I want to believe Mr President is doing the right thing to ensure peace. Let us wait and see how this move yield a desired result.
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by aamanda: 9:15pm On May 21, 2013
Just saw the news flash on AIT.
I pray he knws what he is doing.
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by aamanda: 9:16pm On May 21, 2013
Decapo: @op wats ur source abeg?
Its true,saw it on AIT and even NTA news flash
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by abdulumah: 9:19pm On May 21, 2013
tymlesbeauty123:
Foooool u sound just like ur name.
i dn't hv talk with prostituds
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by Acidosis(m): 9:23pm On May 21, 2013
This man is very intelligent...

This is the best way to live in peace and SUSTAIN a lasting peace in Nigeria.

What would they have done with about 100 terrorists?? Kill them??

Won't others keep killing??

This is the best approach...!!!

The freed terrorists who spread the "gospel" to others out there..

Else, we will only keep killing, killing, 'revenging', 'avenging', killing and killing till 'only God knows!
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by emekatimsu(m): 9:28pm On May 21, 2013
Acidosis: This man is very intelligent...

This is the best way to live in peace and SUSTAIN a lasting peace in Nigeria.

What would they have done with about 100 terrorists?? Kill them??

Won't others keep killing??

This is the best approach...!!!

The freed terrorists who spread the "gospel" to others out there..

Else, we will only keep killing, killing, 'revenging', 'avenging', killing and killing till 'only God knows!
I pray dey reason same line with u.
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by sambas: 9:44pm On May 21, 2013
hahahah i like our president, he knows what he is doing. knowing fully well they will join their running brothers on that Adamawa mountain. shifting their killing to jtf. international communities will not blame him for genocide, allowing jtf to do the killing why he does the releasin. sociological imagination anywayz.
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by abdulumah: 9:51pm On May 21, 2013
sambas: hahahah i like our president, he knows what he is doing. knowing fully well they will join their running brothers on that Adamawa mountain. shifting their killing to jtf. international communities will not blame him for genocide, allowing jtf to do the killing why he does the releasin. sociological imagination anywayz.
He realize that he can'nt do without the north and decided to release them.
He better release all not just the women.
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by emekatimsu(m): 9:57pm On May 21, 2013
abdulumah:
He realize that he can'nt do without the north and decided to release them.
He better release all not just the women.

Abeg who be ds man sef?
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 21, 2013
This development saddens me.I need explanation from the C in C and urgently or else.....
Re: Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. by OAM4J: 11:14pm On May 21, 2013

(1)

ASUU To Call Off Strike!!! As Their Demands Has Been Met.! / Break-up 2015,no Jonathan,no Nigeria.biafran Activists Should Vote Out Jonathan / Exclusive: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me — Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.