Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO (8143 Views)

Fraud In NBC: EFCC Recovers N10b, Set To Prosecute Ex-dg Mba, Three Others / Ojogbane Adegbe Explains His Role In N10b Gift For PDP Chiefs- The Nation / APC Appoints 3 Youth Members Into Its Board Of Trustees (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by gistme24(m): 7:54am On May 22, 2013
CFCfan:

Adoke wants to totally annihilate Melaye in the legal battle grin

More like bully him to submission. Another pointer that these SANs are losing it.

But this is the best avenue for Dino to prove his case.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:01am On May 22, 2013
ziccoit:
@Texas.Cowgirl
Typical of Nigerians. Even when they are living in faraway Texas, the trait oozes out.

Leave the message but attack the messenger.

How does Dino's misdemeanor affects the authenticity of his claims?
nice one dude!
Intelligence is a gift!
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by simplyme3(f): 8:03am On May 22, 2013
gistme24:

More like bully him to submission. Another pointer that these SANs are losing it.

But this is the best avenue for Dino to prove his case.

why didnt he go to the police to prove his case when he was invited?
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by oloriooko(m): 8:23am On May 22, 2013
Dino is seeking cheap popularity and political score.
Is he not the hooligan that fought on the "hallowed" floor of the REP house and was stripped naked, is he not the same that stuffed his compound with exotic cars?
Dino is a political thug or just a thug that suddenly saw himself at the corridor of power and went ahead to display his untamed character.

If Adoke truly did what the thug alleged, why didn't he take him to the court instead of displaying his hooliganism by blabbing all over the press. Such an I.d.I.o.t dino is
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by cecegorz(m): 8:34am On May 22, 2013
While Dino may be overly prolific in the private use of his tools illegally, that does not detract from the fact that he has a legal right to bring corruption charges against an AGF.
Let him go to the hallowed chambers and prove his case.
The AGF should not hide under 'perpetual injunctions', whatever that means. He can also tell us if Dino embezzled funds meant for his constituency, after all I don't know his professional occupation that generates the kind of funds he is using to buy exotic cars.
I am all for it whenever two politicians/govt officials fight. They always expose themselves more than an outsider can ever do.

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 8:36am On May 22, 2013
simply_me:

you need to just go into extinction here on NairaLand. Dino was called by police to prove his case right, he didnt do that, means he doesnt have any evidence against the Minister, so, whats that called? Is it not defamation of character?

And do you have any idea why Dino refused to honour the invitation made by the police?
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 8:40am On May 22, 2013
oloriooko: Dino is seeking cheap popularity and political score.
Is he not the hooligan that fought on the "hallowed" floor of the REP house and was stripped naked, is he not the same that stuffed his compound with exotic cars?
Dino is a political thug or just a thug that suddenly saw himself at the corridor of power and went ahead to display his untamed character.

If Adoke truly did what the thug alleged, why didn't he take him to the court instead of displaying his hooliganism by blabbing all over the press. Such an I.d.I.o.t dino is

And what cause have you - the opinionated commentator without an exotic car - ever championed?

Take a close-up, critical look at yourself and tell us what you've ever fought for angry

A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once - William Shakespeare

2 Likes

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by gistme24(m): 8:49am On May 22, 2013
simply_me:

why didnt he go to the police to prove his case when he wasnvited?

The Nigeria I know,if you have any evidence against any top govt official, stay clear of the Police. The only way he could have drawn the Country's attention is through the way he did. The police are well known for burying evidence, or burying the accuser sef if need be.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by addicted268(f): 8:49am On May 22, 2013
InvertedHammer:

It takes a thief to catch a thief. Bottom line is that a thief is caught.

Are you more interested in the messenger than the message?
who will then catch the thief that caught the thief?the law says that he that comes into equity must come with clean hands,but obviously,no nigerian politician has clean hands.they understand themselves.this matter will die down just like all others before it and life goes on.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by simplyme3(f): 8:53am On May 22, 2013
eGuerrilla:

And do you have any idea why Dino refused to honour the invitation made by the police?

If you have, tell us instead of asking questions.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 9:04am On May 22, 2013
simply_me:

If you have, tell us instead of asking questions.

My question arose because you made a matter-of-fact statement, simple.

Dispassionate objectivity is itself a passion, for the real and for the truth ~ Abraham Maslow

...Melaye was invited for interrogation via a letter from the Office of the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Mohammed Abubakar, signed by Ali Amodu, a Commissioner of Police in charge of X Squad.

The letter hinted that the force was investigating the allegations of corruption, abuse of office and incompetence levelled against the minister by Melaye’s Anti-Corruption Network, following a letter to the Presidency with reference No: ACN/NEC. /CORRP. /VOL. 1/00.1 and dated April 11.

However, before the ex-lawmaker could honour the police invitation, the minister, through his counsel, said he, and not the presidency, requested the Inspector General of Police to carry out the investigation of all the allegations levelled against him.

To that effect, the former lawmaker, through his lawyer, Mr Denen Ikya, argued that it was only trite that Adoke stepped aside or better still, resigned his position to ensure an investigation that was devoid of any undue influence.

Source
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by howfarwhatagwan: 9:15am On May 22, 2013
I am convinced Nigerians want corruption to continue so they can all partake one day. I don't know anything about this Dino guy but apart from he is a former law maker. Nigerians I know will not be filing a suit against him they will be exposing his own corrupt acts as well but they haven't. doesn't that tell you something? I don't care whether he is corrupt or not as long as someone is speaking out against the evils going on in our land I will back you anytime any day. He who is without sin should cast the first stone? Must we continue like this because we have all sinned? Mtschew Naija people please let us be clear what we want I've said it before and will say it again the best way to move forward is to block all means by which our leaders gain access to America and Europe with that we will all be stuck in our beloved Nigeria with bad roads, poor medical facilities, No electricity and poor education system then we go see wetin go happen.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by enyice(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2013
He wants the AGF to resign on mere accusations/allegations levelled against him which has not been legally proven?

If all govt officials starts resigning on mere accusations, who will be left? Not even the president.

During Dino's days as a lawmaker, i cant rememba him sponsoring any bill that will fight corruption, he never even protested the jumbo pay legislators take home monthly for doing absolutely nothing..

I do not acknowledge people who suddenly realises that everything govt does is wrong only because they are no longer part of it.

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by simplyme3(f): 10:08am On May 22, 2013
eGuerrilla:

My question arose because you made a matter-of-fact statement, simple.

Dispassionate objectivity is itself a passion, for the real and for the truth ~ Abraham Maslow

Source

LOL. I thought you were wiser. The AGF should resign because of unproven allegations made by Dino so that investigations could be pursued. LOL. Birds of the same feather.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 22, 2013
this attention seeking Dino again.

he has never carried himself like a responsible gentleman .
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by fkaz(m): 12:29pm On May 22, 2013
BY IKECHUKWU NNOCHIRI
ABUJA – Sequel to allegation by the Anti-Corruption network that he was involved in sundry acts of corruption, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN, Tuesday, dragged the group and its Executive Secretary, Dino Melaye, before an Abuja High Court.
In his suit against the group, the AGF, who maintained that the allegation has greatly maligned his public image, prayed the court to award him N10billion as damages for libel, as well as another N200million as cost of litigation.
In his statement of claims, Adoke, maintained that it was his son, Habib Mohammed Bello, that drew his attention to some malicious publications that was sponsored against him by the group, saying the information was further corroborated by his senior special assistant, Prof. Peter Akper, SAN, and his colleague and friend Mr. Damien Dodo, SAN.
Besides, he is seeking an order of perpetual injunction restraining Melaye and his anti-corruption network from further publishing libelous stories about him or from further inferring in any manner whatsoever to his reputation.
The AGF said he was hurt when Melaye described him as a dishonourable person who associates himself with criminals and economic saboteurs, and that even though he (Adoke) is a top government official, he is sabotaging the efforts of the federal government to tackle the menace of corruption.
Consequently, he has engaged eleven lawyers, which include four SANs, led by the chairman of the governing council of the Legal Aid Council, Chief Bolaji Atorinde, SAN, to argue the case on his behalf.
No date has been fixed for commencement of hearing on the suit.Meantime, in a swift reaction, leader of the anti-corruption group and former member of the House of Representatives, Melaye, dismissed the suit, describing it as a ploy by the AGF to escape probe.
Insisting that the court case will further expose the AGF, Melaye, said, “We are yet to be served with the court process, but as soon as we are served, we will consult with our lawyers. This move by the AGF will not be an escape route for him. He has tried using the Nigerian police, but we punctured his gimmicks. Now he thinks going to court, he will intimidate us but let me assure you that legal approach or action will only indict Adoke further.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/corruption-allegation-agf-drags-dino-melaye-to-court-seeks-n10bn-as-damages/
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Shine1177: 1:41pm On May 22, 2013
Both guys are from Kogi state Dino allegation and Adoke counter has political undertone - Kogi politics - why is it that its only AGF Adoke that's suing him and his organization out of the four other government official he allege corrupted the system? Both men understand each other well.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 22, 2013
simply_me:

LOL. I thought you were wiser. The AGF should resign because of unproven allegations made by Dino so that investigations could be pursued. LOL. Birds of the same feather.

I will leave you to feast on Dino's response cheesy

Consequently, in a swift reaction, Melaye, dismissed the suit, describing it as a ploy by the AGF to escape probe. Insisting that the court case will further expose the AGF, Melaye, said, “We are yet to be served with the court process, but as soon as we are served, we will consult with our lawyers. This move by the AGF will not be an escape route for him. He has tried using the Nigerian police, but we punctured his gimmicks. Now he thinks going to court, he will Intimidate us but let me assure you that legal approach or action will only indict Adoke further.”
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by 9japatroit(m): 11:49pm On May 22, 2013
simply_me:

which police abeg?,is it the Nigerian police or any other competent and honourable police force?.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by malc619(m): 12:24am On May 23, 2013
simply_me:

I think you should stop posting in this section and move to romance or celebrity sections where your type are. What are you Saying? I can't see an atom of common sense in ALL ur posts on this thread. The irrationality in this comment of yours is however classic.

How can someone who Dio accused of corruption ask the police to probe him and you expect Dino to go and prove his case there...abi??

If you feel you've been slandered, then the court is where you should head to not the police station....ok??

Pls if you're gonna post on this thread, do some deep thinking as I'll not spare you if you chose to "yarn" dust on this thread.

cool

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 3:44am On May 23, 2013
malc619:

I think you should stop posting in this section and move to romance or celebrity sections where your type are. What are you Saying? I can't see an atom of common sense in ALL ur posts on this thread. The irrationality in this comment of yours is however classic.

How can someone who Dio accused of corruption ask the police to probe him and you expect Dino to go and prove his case there...abi??

If you feel you've been slandered, then the court is where you should head to not the police station....ok??

Pls if you're gonna post on this thread, do some deep thinking as I'll not spare you if you chose to "yarn" dust on this thread.

cool

lmao.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 3:46am On May 23, 2013
SLIDE waxie: is there a law which says he shld dirtied himself by creating a media war jes to rebuff d statement?
Is there any better way for a man to teach a fool a lesson than going to court & slammin a suit on him?
Where else will all evidence be tendered? In the newspapers?

It appears dt most of you who put up a facade of intelligence are extremely suffering from it's malnutrition!!

Wish there was a way to prevent you imbeciles from quoting me.

Wonder wtf you're trying to say sef
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by simplyme3(f): 7:49am On May 23, 2013
malc619:

cool

In your own mind, you have made some sense so you could get a few nonsensical "likes". Come and stop me from posting, whether na your papa get NairaLand. You must be high on phensic for real. Its you who need to put your thinking caps on so you can make sense to see if you can get those "likes" that you desperately seek for. Maybe you are Dino's lawyer or something. Lets see now that the AGF has gone to the courts, lets see how you and your paymaster Dino will fare.

You will not spare me? You are a modafoker for thinking your likes are important and worth listening to on NairaLand. Lets see how you will not spare me. Im.be--cile.

1 Like

Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Nobody: 7:54am On May 23, 2013
simply_me:

In your own mind, you have made some sense so you could get a few nonsensical "likes". Come and stop me from posting, whether na your papa get NairaLand. You must be high on phensic for real. Its you who need to put your thinking caps on so you can make sense to see if you can get those "likes" that you desperately seek for. Maybe you are Dino's lawyer or something. Lets see now that the AGF has gone to the courts, lets see how you and your paymaster Dino will fare.

You will not spare me? You are a modafoker for thinking your likes are important and worth listening to on NairaLand. Lets see how you will not spare me. Im.be--cile.

11 SANs on the side of Adoke will pulverise Melaye, unless he himself (Melaye) hashis own battery of SANs. I can't wait for the legal battle.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by softangel(m): 11:05pm On May 23, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Wait, wasn't this the same Dino that cheated on his wife and had a baby (one that he denied)?
The same guy that was protesting against corruption a few days ago?

hmm, either things are more unstable in Nigeria than I thought or I've been reading Nigerian news upside down.

;DNo, in my opinion, u v been reading it inside out.
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by fkaz(m): 11:14pm On May 23, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Wish there was a way to prevent you imbeciles from quoting me.

Wonder wtf you're trying to say sef

Aunty i tired ƒσя dis Ɣ☺ΰя pix o
Re: N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO by Oluabayomi1(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2013
Why can't ds Dino accept defeat once n for all? u guys need to go to Aiyetoro Gbédé(Dino's hometown) n c how he obstruct both human and vehicular movements just because he is building one yéyé brothel. he is a brother but a failure n one of the most corrupt man of our time. okun Pèè bòda oju e do ti ghin unn?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Malami: I Have Not Made Any Statement On Declaring To Be Kebbi Governor / Afegbua: Babachir Lawal Cannot Play God In Tinubu’s Presidential Aspiration / 2023: Obi Overtakes Tinubu In Lagos - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.