Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur (6655 Views)

Governors Have No Right To Reduce Minimum Wage – FG / Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss / Southeast Governors Have Mortgaged Ndiigbo Future—max Gbanite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:13am On May 22, 2013

PDP boss wants its governors to give credit to the party, continues their assessment.

The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Bamanga Tukur, on Tuesday, said the party’s 23 state governors were the best in the country as they have performed better than their contemporaries in other parties.

The party chairman, however, warned the governors not to ascribe the glory of their achievements to themselves, but instead give it to the party which offered them the platform to serve.

He warned the governors never to fall prey to the antics of praise singers, adulators and those he described as “grovellers,” who, according to him, will always be around them.

He added that “the grovellers” have mastered the trick of causing government officials to derail, stressing that such people are responsible for making public servants to develop swollen heads and feel bigger than the party.

“If you are performing and everybody acknowledges it, it is not you who should take the credit, but the PDP,” Mr. Tukur said after a closed-door meeting with some former members of the National Assembly, who visited him at his Abuja home. “It is the party that gave you the platform to serve and so the party’s name, like a label, must be attached to every achievement you made.”

PDP governors are best

The PDP boss boasted that the PDP governors remain the best among their colleagues in the country, adding that they have landmark achievements to show for their tenures. He said that he had personally visited some of the PDP-controlled states to assess the spate of development and realized that the party’s governors are not comparable to those of other parties in terms of performance.

Mr. Tukur listed the areas the PDP governors acted superbly as education, infrastructure, agriculture, rural development, power generation, transportation and aviation, which he said were based on the party’s manifesto.

He said, “The best performing governors are in PDP, no doubt. I took note of this during the reconciliation tour we made, and I also got reports on their day-to-day performances and to me, we must give the PDP the credit.”

He, however, asked governors to work hard and be more committed to public good in preparation for the 2015 general elections.

Mr. Tukur told the governors to take a cue from President Goodluck Jonathan who, according to him, has been demonstrating great virtues and consistency in the face of challenges facing Nigeria, while also placing the PDP at the center of his agenda. He stated that given the efforts so far put in place by those he considered as high performers, it is clear that the Transformation Agenda of Mr. Jonathan, which he claimed was anchored on the PDP manifesto, is on course.

PREMIUM TIMES had exclusively reported how the PDP’s current manifesto is a three-page document devoid of basic things a manifesto should contain.

He said that the party’s national secretariat will continue to assess the performances of the governors so as to encourage them to increase their efforts in the delivery of democracy dividends to Nigerians.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/135466-pdp-governors-have-performed-best-in-nigeria-tukur.html
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:14am On May 22, 2013
Bu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha a.....

lmao. I no fit shout abeg...

This man funny pass basketmouthI swear..

7 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Nobody: 12:19am On May 22, 2013
Eko Ile: Bu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha a.....

lmao. I no fit shout abeg...

This man funny pass basketmouthI swear..

Please abeg, excuse me while I laugh with you.....

It's obvious that Nigerians love and revere corruption and suffrage cheesy

This Tukur guy resemble Okoracha small sha

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:20am On May 22, 2013
He's right actually. Despite the fact that a lot of PDP governors have done badly, the best have also come from their. It's because they are the majority, so the best and worst would most likely come from there.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Nobody: 12:20am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva: He's right actually. Despite the fact that a lot of PDP governors have done badly, the best have also come from their. It's because they are the majority, so the best and worst would most likely come from there.

And they are?

What have they done?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by malc619(m): 12:21am On May 22, 2013
@Eko Ile: Why are you surprised?? Tukur is spot on!!

Doesn't my shyte smell better than fried rice??

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:22am On May 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

And they are?

What have they done?
According to popular opinion, the most popular governors are Akpabio, Amaechi, Chime and Fashola. You see that 3 out of 4 of them are PDP. Even during Obasanjo's time, the best Donald Duke was PDP.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Nobody: 12:23am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
According to popular opinion, the most popular governors are Akpabio, Amaechi, Chime and Fashola. You see that 3 out of 4 of them are PDP. Even during Obasanjo's time, the best Donald Duke was PDP.

So you can name 3, and how many PDP govs do we have?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:24am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva: He's right actually. Despite the fact that a lot of PDP governors have done badly, the best have also come from their. It's because they are the majority, so the best and worst would most likely come from there.

Who are they and what have they done?

You people fit kill pesin with laugh I swear..

lmao
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:24am On May 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

So you can name 3, and how many PDP govs do we have?
Read my first comment. I also agreed that the worst are most likely PDP governors too. They represent the best and the worst.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by malc619(m): 12:25am On May 22, 2013

You've got to be kidding me...

Did you read the article?? If you did, then your comprehension skills have a very big "COMMA"...

cheesy

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:25am On May 22, 2013
malc619: @Eko Ile: Why are you surprised?? Tukur is spot on!!

Doesn't my shyte smell better than fried rice??

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm not doing bad myself jare. I just bought me a space shuttle to carry go shopping for Mars..

LMAO
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:27am On May 22, 2013
malc619:

You've got to be kidding me...

Did you read the article?? If you did, then your comprehension skills have a very big "COMMA"...

cheesy

Abeg excuse am, Na Afam now. Anything less no go be Afam..

lmao
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:27am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Read my first comment. I also agreed that the worst are most likely PDP governors too. They represent the best and the worst.

Who are the best and what have they done..?
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:31am On May 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

Who are the best and what have they done..?
If we go this way, then we will also argue about who ever you state as the best. Mind you, my list is by popular opinion.
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by dayokanu(m): 12:35am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

Chime that has been absent for the past 1yr is now the best governor?

Maybe you can also say Yakowa thats dead or Suntai thats been hosptalised for months is also the best governor

The same Akpabio that has been buying private jets with State money is now the best governor

3 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:39am On May 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Chime that has been absent for the past 1yr is now the best governor?

Maybe you can also say Yakowa thats dead or Suntai thats been hosptalised for months is also the best governor

The same Akpabio that has been buying private jets with State money is now the best governor
Absent in your dirty mind. The same Chime that was at the SS-SE meeting in Asaba and the same that met with Jonathan in Enugu? Even if he has been absent for 1 year, does that take away his achievement? Chime achieved a lot in the few months that he was in hispital more than the four years of some governors. GIve respect to whim it's due.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:42am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
If we go this way, then we will also argue about who ever you state as the best. Mind you, my list is by popular opinion.

It really doesn't mater what state or what list, just support your statement with something credible..

When you make definitive and profound statements, you should be able to back them up with credible and rationale submissions.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by dayokanu(m): 12:42am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Absent in your dirty mind. The same Chime that was at the SS-SE meeting in Asaba and the same that met with Jonathan in Enugu? Even if he has been absent for 1 year, does that take away his achievement? Chime achieved a lot in the few months that he was in hispital more than the four years of some governors. GIve respect to whim it's due.

How can he be achieving from hospital?

Maybe we should have allowed Yar Adua continue achieving from his own hospital bed too.

A man who was comatose for over 6 months suddenly is achieving from hospital bed

I bet Yakowa is still achieving Same with Suntai wherever he is

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:44am On May 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

It really doesn't mater what state or what list, just support your statement with something credible..

When you make definitive and profound statements, you should be able to back them up with credible and rationale submissions.
I presume you attended at least a primary school to know what "popular opinion" is. The best you can do is to counter those that i've listed then list your own and prove why they're the best.
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:46am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

lmao... This is why you can not and should never be take seriously..

Btw Duke? The people of his state and their unborn children are still saddled with debts from his ill conceived white elephant...

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:46am On May 22, 2013
dayokanu:

How can he be achieving from hospital?

Maybe we should have allowed Yar Adua continue achieving from his own hospital bed too.

A man who was comatose for over 6 months suddenly is achieving from hospital bed

I bet Yakowa is still achieving Same with Suntai wherever he is
You're been ridiculous. What does 6 months take away from almost 8 years of rule. If anything, it should be a minus for him. Show me any non ACN governor that has achieved more than him.
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:52am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
I presume you attended at least a primary school to know what "popular opinion" is. The best you can do is to counter those that i've listed then list your own and prove why they're the best.

You are still beating around the Bush. We all know the meaning of achievements.

It shouldn't be too hard to say so and so governor is the best based on listed reasons and in the areas listed below..

1. Water

2. Roads and Transportation

3 Healthcare

4. Safety and Security

5. Food and Agriculture

6. Human and manpower development.

Anything less = Fallacy, vagueness and insincerity..

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by EkoIle1: 12:53am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're been ridiculous. What does 6 months take away from almost 8 years of rule. If anything, it should be a minus for him. Show me any non ACN governor that has achieved more than him.

Is this a trick question?

lmao

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:54am On May 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are still beating around the Bush. We all know the meaning of achievements.

It shouldn't be too hard to say so and so governor is the best based on listed reasons and in the areas listed below..

1. Water

2. Roads and Transportation

3 Healthcare

4. Safety and Security

5. Food and Agriculture

6. Human and manpower development.

Anything less = Fallacy, vagueness and insincerity..

Read my last post again. This time S-l-O-W-L-Y

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by thenwhat: 12:54am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

How did they make you a moderator? I thought moderators were to be smart. You claimed certain Governors were the best but you couldn't come up with achievemnts to support your claim of them being the best.

I here by ask you to resign with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:56am On May 22, 2013
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 12:57am On May 22, 2013
thenwhat:

How did they make you a moderator? I thought moderators were to be smart. You claimed certain Governors were the best but you couldn't come up with achievemnts to support your claim of them being the best.

Which class in school did you call it a day? Do you know the meaning of "Popular opinion"?
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by thenwhat: 12:58am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by dayokanu(m): 12:58am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

Amaechi has achieved more than Chime and thats not even arguable
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by Afam4eva(m): 1:00am On May 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Amaechi has achieved more than Chime and thats not even arguable
I actually meant to say non-PDP. I will give this your statement the benefit of the doubt in order not to derail this thread.
Re: PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur by thenwhat: 1:03am On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Which class in school did you call it a day? Do you know the meaning of "Popular opinion"?

Stop mixing your written English with Calabar language because I can't understand your sentence. Think in English before you type your information and stop thinking in Calabar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports / Fayemi, Bamidele Supporters In Ekiti Clash Again / Letter To Southern Nigerians Particularly Yoruba People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.