Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! (5257 Views)

Are Black Africans The Descendants Of Ham? / The Descendants Of Noah: Our World Today / Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:18pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Read the book of Acts. The apostle Paul was mistaken for an Ethipian.
Also, the word 'Niger' is used to describe Simeon. Converted from greek, this means black. I guess that is where the word "nigger" comes from.

Act 13:1 "Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger"

The nickname Niger means"black", which is usually taken to mean a dark complexion and/or African descent but not in anyway a Jewish descent. Two different thing bro
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 7:13pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You are slow to understand. Let me feed you in bullet points.

The Khazars were European. They converted to Judaism for political reasons

At the time, the population of the original black Jews (these are the true Israelites) was low, for two reasons:
1. The Babylonians carried many off for 70 years. Those that remained ran off to Egypt for the reaons I mentioned earlier.

2. The Assyrians carried the northern Israelites (10 tribe Kingdom) into permanent exile. They put their own people (who were brown,not black) in the land. 2 Kings 17 explains this.

When the Judeans finally returned from Babylon, they would have mixed over time with the people they found in the land. And further down the line, they would have mixed with the Khazars.
Today 95% of Jews are Ashkenazi. These are not the original Israelites but are converts. Hence Revelation 3:9 "Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee"

Liar.
First you said the Europeasn converted to christianity, now you lie that they converted to Judaism.
You dont even seem to know the difference between the two.

And what were the compelling political reasons that made Europeans convert to Judaism? Was Judaism or its practitioners ever in political control of palestine?
From around 700BC when the ancient Israelites were carried into captivity ,till the time of their return, they were always a conqured and occupied people. They were never free, talk less of enjoying any political clout.

The talk of Europeans converting to Judaism for political reasons are very silly.

And again, Abraham , even if a historical character, was said to be from the City Ur of the chaldeas. A once thriving sumerian city, in what we call Iraq today.
Population of Ur during the time of Abraham was probably around 50,000.

Given that UR was just one of several Sumerian cities, and also that nation states in other regions like Egypt, Ethiopia,Sub-Sahara Africa, India, China and mesoAmerica also flourished,

I find it very very silly that any slowpoke can assert that Abraham fathered nations beyond his immediate geographical area.
This would suppose that all 50,000 inhabitants of Ur,and other Sumerian cities, all inhabitants of Egypt, Ethiopia, etc, all perished or became sterile, leaving only Abraham to propagate his seed.

This, for me , this is the most ridiculous and stupid proposition of the abrahamic faiths.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 8:11pm On May 22, 2013
steve_cantrell: OP , I believe you.
I'm no scholar, but you could have a little more accurate if you said the Yoruba are descendants of ABRAHAM. An ifa priest once told me the IFA originated from his fore-father ABRAHAM.

In Genesis, it is written that God called Abram and he became Abra-ham. So at that point he abandoned his pagan religion and followed God, becoming father of many nations including JACOB who later became ISRAEL.

The thing is not all Abraham's grandchildren, adhered to this new religion and went back to the old ways. That is why paganism is still alive and well.

What do ya think about that ?

If I said Abraham, sceptics will then say we could be Ishmaelites (Abraham's son through Hagar), or even Esau (Jacob;s brother). If I had said "Israel", those unfamiliar with the bible would be very confused.Only the seen of Israel (Jacob) were promised the "promised land".
Yes, the book will explain how the traditional priests have kept - to a degree, depending on your view - the traditions passed down to them by their ancestors.
I agree with your second point. Remember, the reason these particular Judeans (who we are descendants of) were denied the opportunity to return to the Promised Land is because they were idolaters. When challenged, they basically told God to his face they would continue in like manner. On the other hand, the Judeans who returned from exile in Babylon repented of their ways. The men who had married foreign wives even divorced them. You can read about this in Ezra Chapter 10.

Today, people would reject this. Why? Because, to say the ancient Israelites are black is to say black people wrote the bible. At the time the Word was being translated, they viewed us as inferior and therefore such a thing was unthinkable to them.

Anyway, I can't stress enough how fantastic this book is. I will certainly share this wonderful information with as many people as possible.

God bless

1 Like

Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 8:16pm On May 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The nickname Niger means"black", which is usually taken to mean a dark complexion and/or African descent but not in anyway a Jewish descent. Two different thing bro

Father have mercy. Can you not understand?
There was no such thing as Jewish. The term was created even after Jesus departed from the earth.
If Simeon, who was one of the "children of Israel", and Paul (who used to be a pharisee, and is a see of Jacob)is black, then, to answer your friend's ridiculous question, the ancient israelites were indeed BLACK PEOPLE. Nobody was talking about Jews.

The reasons today's so-called Jews are white is what I also tried to explain. But I suggest you read the book, or visit the website as the author can explain better.

God bless
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 8:25pm On May 22, 2013
plaetton:
Liar.
First you said the Europeasn converted to christianity, now you lie that they converted to Judaism.
You dont even seem to know the difference between the two.

And what were the compelling political reasons that made Europeans convert to Judaism? Was Judaism or its practitioners ever in political control of palestine?
From around 700BC when the ancient Israelites were carried into captivity ,till the time of their return, they were always a conqured and occupied people. They were never free, talk less of enjoying any political clout.

The talk of Europeans converting to Judaism for political reasons are very silly.

And again, Abraham , even if a historical character, was said to be from the City Ur of the chaldeas. A once thriving sumerian city, in what we call Iraq today.
Population of Ur during the time of Abraham was probably around 50,000.

Given that UR was just one of several Sumerian cities, and also that nation states in other regions like Egypt, Ethiopia,Sub-Sahara Africa, India, China and mesoAmerica also flourished,

I find it very very silly that any slowpoke can assert that Abraham fathered nations beyond his immediate geographical area.
This would suppose that all 50,000 inhabitants of Ur,and other Sumerian cities, all inhabitants of Egypt, Ethiopia, etc, all perished or became sterile, leaving only Abraham to propagate his seed.

This, for me , this is the most ridiculous and stupid proposition of the abrahamic faiths.

I am not going to debate with you about whether Abraham has many descendants, that is futile. If you know the prophecy for Abraham, and his descendants, you will understand why I won't even dignify that with a response.

Perhaps I wrote european. The Ashkenazi converted to Judaism for political reasons. LOOK IT UP. (There is a book called the Thirteenth Tribe, written by a white Jew who embraces his original heritage, which is European)
The Roman Empire entered Jerusalem in 70AD and took captives as slaves to Europe. Of the remnant, after 2000 years of interbreeding, what you get is caucasian looking jews. 95% of Jews today are not to true children of Israel. Period.

You probably won't read a thing I have said. Just get information from the site, and/or buy the book and get understanding.

God bless
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Father have mercy. Can you not understand?
There was no such thing as Jewish. The term was created even after Jesus departed from the earth.
If Simeon, who was one of the "children of Israel", and Paul (who used to be a pharisee, and is a see of Jacob)is black, then, to answer your friend's ridiculous question, the ancient israelites were indeed BLACK PEOPLE. Nobody was talking about Jews.

The reasons today's so-called Jews are white is what I also tried to explain. But I suggest you read the book, or visit the website as the author can explain better.

God bless

the bold is a pure trash

If paul is black, then he necessary did not need to call someone black.

1 Like

Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 8:49pm On May 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

the bold is a pure trash

If paul is black, then he necessary did not need to call someone black.

This is why I keep stressing you should read. In the case of Simeon, there are no quotation marks there. They were in modern-day turkey and that is how they saw him. In the case of Paul, a greek guy referred to him as black.

By the way, think about this, then sleep and think some more.

When Jacob moved to Israel, there were just 70 women and children with him. Even if they were white, after 400 years of interbreeding with the Egytians (and we know ancient Egyptians were black too), the people would all have looked like egytians - black. Let's stop debating when the facts are in front of us. The point is, if you are from the former slave coast (Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Benin), or your descendants are from there (the african americans, and those from the carribean islands) then there is a good chance you are from the line of Judah (or a Levite perhaps, some Igbo's claim to be Levites but I don't know too much on that).
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 8:49pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I am not going to debate with you about whether Abraham has many descendants, that is futile. If you know the prophecy for Abraham, and his descendants, you will understand why I won't even dignify that with a response.

Perhaps I wrote european. The Ashkenazi converted to Judaism for political reasons. LOOK IT UP. (There is a book called the Thirteenth Tribe, written by a white Jew who embraces his original heritage, which is European)
The Roman Empire entered Jerusalem in 70AD and took captives as slaves to Europe. Of the remnant, after 2000 years of interbreeding, what you get is caucasian looking jews. 95% of Jews today are not to true children of Israel. Period.

You probably won't read a thing I have said. Just get information from the site, and/or buy the book and get understanding.

God bless

You see what I mean when I say that you are an illiterate?
The Roman empire entered Jerusalem in 70Ad?
By 70Ad you mean 70 yrs after the crucifixion of Jesus?

slowpoke. All of Palestine was under Roman occupation long before Jesus was born.
Who crucified Jesus?

First you said that Europeans went to a non-existent Israel to convert to christianity and became jews, now you are saying that Romans took jews to Europe to be come white Europeans?.
In other wards, they took black Israelites to Europe and they became white European jews.
What a retard you are.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by Danyell(m): 9:03pm On May 22, 2013
THE ADVENTURES OF DANYELL AND WHITE JESUS
Danyell: O My! What is going on here?

White Jesus: You poor black thing, can't you see that people are arguing? You must have soot all over your brain. Lemme heal you..........

Danyell: Ummm..... I knew they were arguing, that was just an expression.

White Jesus: You can't lie to me niggi, remember that I can read minds and I have a superior complexion. Now bring that head over here, lemme lay my hands on it.

1 Like

Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:10pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

This is why I keep stressing you should read. In the case of Simeon, there are no quotation marks there. They were in modern-day turkey and that is how they saw him. In the case of Paul, a greek guy referred to him as black.

By the way, think about this, then sleep and think some more.

When Jacob moved to Israel, there were just 70 women and children with him. Even if they were white, after 400 years of interbreeding with the Egytians (and we know ancient Egyptians were black too), the people would all have looked like egytians - black. Let's stop debating when the facts are in front of us. The point is, if you are from the former slave coast (Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Benin), or your descendants are from there (the african americans, and those from the carribean islands) then there is a good chance you are from the line of Judah (or a Levite perhaps, some Igbo's claim to be Levites but I don't know too much on that).

You are here contradicting yourself. You once said paul was black man and now saying he is white interbreeding with blacks in egypt. Which one should I believe?
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 9:14pm On May 22, 2013
plaetton:

You see what I mean when I say that you are an illiterate?
The Roman empire entered Jerusalem in 70Ad?
By 70Ad you mean 70 yrs after the crucifixion of Jesus?

slowpoke. All of Palestine was under Roman occupation long before Jesus was born.
Who crucified Jesus?

First you said that Europeans went to a non-existent Israel to convert to christianity and became jews, now you are saying that Romans took jews to Europe to be come white Europeans?.
In other wards, they took black Israelites to Europe and they became white European jews.
What a retard you are.

I said Romans entered Jerusalem in 70AD (THAT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE - clearly you're new to the fact). I did not say they had just arrived and try to gain control. They came to restore order after a revolt. 70ad is the time they entered and destroyed the temple.

I said the Khazars (not ALL europeans, but just the khazars) converted to Judaism for political reasons. How, in your mind, did that mean all of Europe?

The last point. The romans dwelt in the holy land, and given the populations was already mixed with the those the assyrians put in the land, further mixing with the roman settlers is the reason why, over 2000 years, those living in the land are white.

But go over to Ethiopia. The Ethiopians "Jews" - real children of Israel - are not white.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 9:16pm On May 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You are here contradicting yourself. You once said paul was black man and now saying he is white interbreeding with blacks in egypt. Which one should I believe?

Ok. For the last time.
Paul is black, fact.
Simeon is black, fact.
I wanted to demonstrate that by pointing to the fact that, on two seperate occassions, this is made obvious in the text.

In Simeon's case, he was called 'niger'.
In Paul's case, the greek man mistook him for an Ethiopian.

End of.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:17pm On May 22, 2013
^^^^^^^^Ethiopian Jews are NOT real Jews. The Tigray, Oromo ,etc., have PAGAN heritage. Haile Selassies dynasty is not from Solomonic days. There was already an earlier Pagan dynasty ruling at that time. The Queen of Sheba is actually from Yemen.

and btw Ethiopians still practice Traditional Religion along with their christianity. Just the other day, I was haveing an interesting convo with my Ethiopian cab driver. He was all excited and was telling me about his traditional religion and btw he comes from Ethiopias largest Ethnic group.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 9:19pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^Ethiopian Jews are NOT real Jews. The Tigray, Oromo ,etc., have PAGAN heritage. Haile Selassies dynasty is not from Solomonic days. There was already an earlier Pagan dynasty ruling at that time. The Queen of Sheba is actually from Yemen.

and btw Ethiopians still practice Traditional Religion along with their christianity. Just the other day, I was haveing an interesting convo with my Ethiopian cab driver. He was all excited and was telling me about his traditional religion and btw he comes from Ethiopias largest Ethnic group.

There is a remnant of the children of Israel among them. How is it you and your friend see a statement and make draw wild conclusions. Give me more credit than that. Sheesh
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:19pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

There is a remnant of the children of Israel among them. How is it you and your friend see a statement and make draw wild conclusions. Give me more credit than that. Sheesh

there is no remnant. stop kidding yourself.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2013
A 1999 study by Lucotte and Smets studied the DNA of 38 unrelated Beta Israel males living in Israel and 104 Ethiopians living in regions located north of Addis Ababa. It concluded that "the distinctiveness of the Y-chromosome haplotype distribution of the Beta-Israel from conventional Jewish populations and their relatively greater similarity in haplotype profile to non-Jewish Ethiopians are consistent with the view that the Beta Israel people descended from ancient inhabitants of Ethiopia and not the Levant ." This study confirmed the findings of a 1991 study by Zoossmann-Disken et al. Similarly, a 2000 study by Hammer et al. of Y-chromosome biallelic haplotypes of Jewish and non-Jewish groups suggested that "paternal gene pools of Jewish communities from Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East descended from a common Middle Eastern ancestral population", with the exception of the Beta Israel, who were "affiliated more closely with non–Beta Israel Ethiopians and other East Africans ". A 2004 study by Shen et al. reached similar conclusions, that the Beta Israel were likely descended from local Ethiopian populations.

A 2001 study by the Department of Biological Sciences at Stanford University found a possible genetic similarity between 11 Ethiopian Jews and four Yemenite Jews who took part in the testing. The differentiation statistic and genetic distances for the 11 Ethiopian Jews and four Yemenite Jews tested were quite low, among the smallest of comparisons involving either of these populations. The four Yemenite Jews from this study may be descendants of reverse migrants of African origin who crossed Ethiopia to Yemen. The study result suggests gene flow between Ethiopia and Yemen as a possible explanation for the closeness. The study also suggests that the gene flow between Ethiopian and Yemenite Jewish populations may not have been direct, but instead could have been between Jewish and non-Jewish populations of both regions.

Remember, Yemen was invaded at one point by AByssinia (Ethiopia).
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 9:27pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You are the one who is ignoring historical records, archeological evidence, DNA lineage,etc. to anchor your arguments solely on the fables and myths of stone-age nomads as written in your bible of religious faith.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 9:28pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
A 1999 study by Lucotte and Smets studied the DNA of 38 unrelated Beta Israel males living in Israel and 104 Ethiopians living in regions located north of Addis Ababa. It concluded that "the distinctiveness of the Y-chromosome haplotype distribution of the Beta-Israel from conventional Jewish populations and their relatively greater similarity in haplotype profile to non-Jewish Ethiopians are consistent with the view that the Beta Israel people descended from ancient inhabitants of Ethiopia and not the Levant ." This study confirmed the findings of a 1991 study by Zoossmann-Disken et al. Similarly, a 2000 study by Hammer et al. of Y-chromosome biallelic haplotypes of Jewish and non-Jewish groups suggested that "paternal gene pools of Jewish communities from Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East descended from a common Middle Eastern ancestral population", with the exception of the Beta Israel, who were "affiliated more closely with non–Beta Israel Ethiopians and other East Africans ". A 2004 study by Shen et al. reached similar conclusions, that the Beta Israel were likely descended from local Ethiopian populations.

A 2001 study by the Department of Biological Sciences at Stanford University found a possible genetic similarity between 11 Ethiopian Jews and four Yemenite Jews who took part in the testing. The differentiation statistic and genetic distances for the 11 Ethiopian Jews and four Yemenite Jews tested were quite low, among the smallest of comparisons involving either of these populations. The four Yemenite Jews from this study may be descendants of reverse migrants of African origin who crossed Ethiopia to Yemen. The study result suggests gene flow between Ethiopia and Yemen as a possible explanation for the closeness. The study also suggests that the gene flow between Ethiopian and Yemenite Jewish populations may not have been direct, but instead could have been between Jewish and non-Jewish populations of both regions.

Remember, Yemen was invaded at one point by AByssinia (Ethiopia).

The book I mention will explain why the dna studies are laughable, and there are studies to nullify them.
But think of this. If I say 95% of the modern day Jews are Ashkenazi and have, largely, european ancestry, how will you then test a small population of 'true' children of Israel in Ethiopia? The group they think to be true 'Jews' are converts to the religion. This is like doing a DNA test to determine if someone is American. Please read and then we can talk.

Shalom
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2013
^ man wahala I dont know what is your problem. What is your tribe?
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 9:37pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^ man wahala I dont know what is your problem. What is your tribe?

That is of no relevance.
http://mawuvi.com/
There are FREE excerps if you do not want to buy the book. At least read. I thought the idea was absurd, once upon a time. But all is made clear. Let me know your thoughts.

God bless you
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:41pm On May 22, 2013
^ Im sorry this disinterests me. I just read the first page. ITs one of those akata black-race theory books for carribeans and AAs. I saw the excerpt. THey are just looking for an identity to grab onto because they lost theirs.

plz im a freeman and a Hausa. Im not of slave descent. thnx.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 9:49pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^ Im sorry this disinterests me. I just read the first page. ITs one of those akata black-race theory books for carribeans and AAs. I saw the excerpt. THey are just looking for an identity to grab onto because they lost theirs.

plz im a freeman and a Hausa. Im not of slave descent. thnx.

Well that's fine, because the Fulani/Hausa are not, according to the book, one of the Eve people (yoruba, togo, benin, ghana). In fact, there is one story in the book, in which Mohammed Bello (in 1842) tells a European that the Yarba (that's what he called Yoruba) are thought to be descendants of the "children of Canaan". How would he know that when Christianity had not spread to that part of the world yet? Well, likely to be Fulani oral history passed on to him probably. This encounter is recorded in the European mans book. It's all in there my friend.

Another interesting fact is the book was written by a Ghanaian. I had first thought it was, as you put it, written by an afro-american looking for an identity. I was, and you are, wrong indeed.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:51pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Well that's fine, because the Fulani/Hausa are not, according to the book, one of the Eve people (yoruba, togo, benin, ghana). In fact, there is one story in the book, in which Mohammed Bello (in 1842) tells a European that the Yarba (that's what he called Yoruba) are thought to be descendants of the "children of Canaan". How would he know that when Christianity had not spread to that part of the world yet? Well, likely to be Fulani oral history passed on to him probably. This encounter is recorded in the European mans book. It's all in there my friend.

Another interesting fact is the book was written by a Ghanaian. I had first thought it was, as you put it, written by an afro-american looking for an identity. I was, and you are, wrong indeed.

mohammed bello was muslim. so he probably knew that though I doubt he said anything like that.

Ghanians are mostly christian brainwashed converts today.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 9:54pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

mohammed bello was muslim. so he probably knew that though I doubt he said anything like that.

Ghanians are mostly christian brainwashed converts today.

Doubt it all you want. Let me even reference it for you my brother smiley

I referenced incorrectly first time, this is correct one:

Infakul Maisuri of Sultan Mohammed Bello. The partial translation can be found in
Narrative of the travels of discoveries in Northern and Central Africa, in the years 1822,1823, and 1824, by Major Denham, Captain Clapperton, and Doctor Oudney. (1826). Appendix IV: Page 402
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by TableLeg(m): 9:55pm On May 22, 2013
And what about igbo and Hausa peeps?!
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by plaetton: 10:00pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

That is of no relevance.
http://mawuvi.com/
There are FREE excerps if you do not want to buy the book. At least read. I thought the idea was absurd, once upon a time. But all is made clear. Let me know your thoughts.

God bless you
Just as i thought. So non-academic , non-peer reviewed book written by a brainwasherGhananian Christian nullified all scientific, historical and archeological knowledge accumulated over past few millennia?
You are simply a bible school slowpoke.
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2013
The content was very amateurish and all the basis of the supposed connection was relying on a couple of Hebrew words. tongue
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 10:14pm On May 22, 2013
Table Leg :
And what about igbo and Hausa peeps?!

Definitely not hausa/fulani.
The book does not go into the igbo, but there is there is a clue in the book that the Igbo also have the same ancestry:

Linguists have identified a "language conntinuum" along the slave coast going into central africa. So in a nutshell, these people will have common ancestry. So the Eve are likely to include the igbo. It is just that the writer focussed on southwestern Nigeria up to Ghana.
Interestingly, the Igbo are the only tribe in the region I can think of where some of their people claim to be the children of Israel, and I once read on CNN about a small group that say they are Levites.

God said he would scatter the children of Israel if they refused to obey his laws (and Old testament can confirm that they did just this). He said they would be captured and taken on ships to be enslaved. Only black africans have experienced this. And of couse, God is always true to His word.
But not to fear, in the last days, he will gather his lost sheep.

If those in Israel (and their wider diaspora) that claim to be descendants of Jacob are indeed his seed, then that prophecy sounds odd. They are not exactly lost, neither did they experience slavery again after egypt - though they knew captivity. And of course, they were not transported via ships.

Another interesting thing about modern Jews is they claim you can be a Jew through matrilineage. This is patently false, and the bible will tell you otherwise.

Read and be enlightened.

God bless
Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 22, 2013
OP YOU MUST BE NEW ON THIS FORUM. SOME OF OUR PEOPLE ( PAGAN 9JA ) WILL RATHER DIE WITH THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN TRADITION OF WORSHIPPING STICKS STONES AND CARVINGS. HAMITIC gODS. DEUTERONOMY 28 VS 36 The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.

WHILE SOME OF OUR PEOPLE HAVE ADOPTED THE WHITE MANS RELIGION OF ATHEISM . HEBREWS 12 VS 16 that there be no immoral or godless person like Esau

1 Like

Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:00pm On May 24, 2013
obadiah777: OP YOU MUST BE NEW ON THIS FORUM. SOME OF OUR PEOPLE ( PAGAN 9JA ) WILL RATHER DIE WITH THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN TRADITION OF WORSHIPPING STICKS STONES AND CARVINGS. HAMITIC gODS. DEUTERONOMY 28 VS 36 The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.

WHILE SOME OF OUR PEOPLE HAVE ADOPTED THE WHITE MANS RELIGION OF ATHEISM . HEBREWS 12 VS 16 that there be no immoral or godless person like Esau

Thanks for the background. I look forward to discussing more with these guys smiley

God bless

1 Like

Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 24, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Thanks for the background. I look forward to discussing more with these guys smiley

God bless
DISCUSSING WITH THOSE GUYS IS A FUTILE ENDEAVOR. THEY HAVE BEEN MARKED FOR DESTRUCTION AND HENCE ARE CURRENTLY BEEN KEPT AMUSED WITH DIFFERENT DELUSIONS SUCH AS ATHEISM AND PAGANISM ETC ETC cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! by JesusisLord85: 4:09pm On May 24, 2013
obadiah777: DISCUSSING WITH THOSE GUYS IS A FUTILE ENDEAVOR. THEY HAVE BEEN MARKED FOR DESTRUCTION AND HENCE ARE CURRENTLY BEEN KEPT AMUSED WITH DIFFERENT DELUSIONS SUCH AS ATHEISM AND PAGANISM ETC ETC cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense / Why Are Chirstians/muslims So Brainwashed? / T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.