Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,809 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock (11216 Views)

Photos Of Arrested Boko Haram + Weapons Recovered By The Nigerian Troops / Photo Of Arrested Boko Members, Foreigners Among. / We’ve Arrested Boko Haram’s ‘chief Butcher’ – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by mukina2: 3:54pm On May 22, 2013
The directive given to security agencies by President Goodluck Jonathan to release Boko Haram-related detainees does not cover arrested insurgents, it has been explained.

Throwing light on yesterday’s statement by Director of Defence Information, Brigadier General Chris Olukolade, which sparked an outcry across the country, sources close to Aso Rock, the Nigerian seat of power, a source said the presidential directive to covers only those held in lieu of escaped Boko Haram members. The source there was no way President Jonathan could have ordered the release of confirmed terrorists since that would negate the on-going war against terror which necessitated the imposition of emergency rule in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.

Announcing the presidential directive, Brig.-Gen. Olukolade had disclosed the country’s Defence Headquarters would “be releasing from detention a number of persons being held in connection with terrorist activities.” He said the action was “consequent upon the directives of the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria” and that “the move is in furtherance of the Federal Government position in response to requests by the Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Reconciliation.”

According to Olukolade, “The measure which is in line with Presidential magnanimity to enhance peace efforts in the country will result in freedom for suspects including all women under custody.”
He said details of the directives and those to benefit had been communicated to field units and the military Joint Task Force (JTF).

“The beneficiaries will be released to the State Governors who will be involved in further rehabilitation before these suspects are released to their respective community leaders/relations,” Olukolade said.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=101725
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Emusan(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2013
I know GEJ can't be so clueless!

4 Likes

Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Ochek: 4:15pm On May 22, 2013
Now the presidency has got my full back

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by xxyz17(m): 4:15pm On May 22, 2013
Better, the "shoeless one" rocks cool

3 Likes

Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by kennyonthrone(m): 4:15pm On May 22, 2013
K
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by greall1: 4:16pm On May 22, 2013
Gej is fearing northerners leaders
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by supaeagles(m): 4:18pm On May 22, 2013
Release who again? Abeg do the usual ....."shot while trying to escape"......story finished
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by 3ace(m): 4:19pm On May 22, 2013
I think those that will be released are mostly women and children related to the culprits. There's no way these set of people can stop their fathers and husbands even though they might not believe in their course. So, those that will be dealt with are the criminals perpetuating the killings.

2 Likes

Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 22, 2013
This shoeless man continues to impress me... sorry about what i said yesterday about you though...UP EBELE grin grin

3 Likes

Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 22, 2013
The boko haram killing spirit is in the blood. the relatives can still continue from where their brothers stopped.
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Omoobava(m): 4:19pm On May 22, 2013
Hope Kabiru Sokoto will not be release?
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by gen2briz(m): 4:19pm On May 22, 2013
Emusan: I know GEJ can't be so clueless!

How you take sure
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by wellmax(m): 4:20pm On May 22, 2013
mukina2:
“The beneficiaries will be released to the State Governors who will be involved in further rehabilitation before these suspects are released to their respective community leaders/relations,” Olukolade said.

You mean further cash $$$ grin
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by ikole: 4:20pm On May 22, 2013
I trust mr.president he can not say that. He is a wise person.He only ask them to release the wifes and children of boko haram members that are in the detention together with those that are unlawfully arrested.
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by jeffizy(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2013
They need to come out and be clear the first time.
So much second explanation from F.G most times.
But, it could be our journalists thirst for sensationalism that causes these confusion in communication most times.
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by jjmk(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2013
I knew from the moment that news came out that the Nigerian media are at it again. It was only BBC that reported the directive correctly while our local media made it look as if Jonathan ordered for the release of the insurgents. In case you all have not noticed there is a culture of mis/disinformation going on in the land especially as it relates to GEJ and his govt by the media especially some of them.
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by greall1: 4:22pm On May 22, 2013
I'm very sure kabiru sokoto Will be release before 2015 presidential

election
Omoobava: Hope Kabiru Sokoto will not be release?
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by lain: 4:23pm On May 22, 2013
Our prisons cannot hold too many suspects, trust our security agents they are good at taking too many suspects, what g.e.j needs are the real terrorists
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Nathaniel734: 4:24pm On May 22, 2013
WELL EXPLAINED...
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by oshyno(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2013
As bro-J suporter, I wasn't soo happy about that news until I read d version that it was only women n children dat will be released. Abeg bro-J no fuvck up oo. Uv won many antagonists to ur side within these couple of days. Don't mess it up.
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by AnanseK(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2013
supaeagles: Release who again? Abeg do the usual ....."shot while trying to escape"......story finished

I know they can do that. But these are women and children for God's sake! Those taken hostages by the government. These women and children were not even suspects. They were in real sense " kidnapped" by the government and kept for days and months, perhaps years for some.
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 22, 2013
Kindly list them for me pls.

jjmk: In case you all have not noticed there is a culture of mis/disinformation going on in the land especially as it relates to GEJ and his govt by the media especially some of them.
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by slap1(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2013
As long as they don't 'escape' from custody.
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by infobiz9ja(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2013
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 22, 2013
Where are Onatisi and his likes who were earlier defending Jonathan over the release. No one is stupid enough to do such a thing and we already had some Nairalanders defending the release. Just wanted to point out that you do not always have to support everything that the president does. This was a mistake from the media and some Nairalanders thought it was the best decision ever. Sure they will quickly change their story now.

https://www.nairaland.com/1298088/jonathan-orders-release-detained-terrorists
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by OMG2013(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2013
The president has shown the human face of his govt. Hope we av not forgotten when he declared d state of emergency rule, he also said d channel for reconciliation and dialogue is still open. Thumbs Up GEJ
Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Maxymilliano(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2013
jjmk: In case you all have not noticed there is a culture of mis/disinformation going on in the land especially as it relates to GEJ and his govt by the media especially some of them.

You are very right here, Leadership, The Nation, Premium Times and Sahara Reporters lead the pack ...

2 Likes

Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 22, 2013
greall1: Gej is fearing northerners leaders
am afraid of your english

8 Likes

Re: No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 22, 2013
Ok then GEJ we are behind u. Yesterday i saw something like that in news from AL JAZEERA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Buys Most Expensive Private Jet In Nigeria (pics) / Gunmen Shoot People In Twon Brass, Bayelsa Over Political Tussle (Photos) / Downgrading Enugu Airport Will Cause National Crisis, PDP Chieftain Warns FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.