Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:59 PM

Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) (25854 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by braxjay(m): 3:11pm On May 23, 2013
burial that's befits an icon. R.I.P
lesson to all politicians who think money and power is everything, money only buys respect when you are alive, once dead respect is earned by the lives you impacted on.
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 23, 2013
INNO18: The remains of professor Chinualumogo Albert Achebe was laid @ Alex Ekwueme's Square in Awka today... the Square was filled to the brim with people eager to pay their last respects to the literary Giant. i myself had to skip Maths and Physics lectures just to pay my last respects to the man whose books captivated me since childhood. R.I.P the proof.
Only God knows if you are still a First year student of any blinking undergraduate course, but you have to stab your basic Maths and Physics classes (Lectures) to stay as far as 50 meters to pay respect to the Late Prof. that has paid his dues already and gone to the world beyond. I thought there are TV station where you can watch the clues. My Advice for you; Go and face your basics so that you too will become relevant. Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by manny4life(m): 3:11pm On May 23, 2013
The Big Iroko has fallen, and finally will lay to rest..

Ka Chineke anyi nabata gi n'udo..Nnukwu mmanwu, o ga dili mma, naa nke oma.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 23, 2013
INNO18: The remains of professor Chinualumogo Albert Achebe was laid @ Alex Ekwueme's Square in Awka today... the Square was filled to the brim with people eager to pay their last respects to the literary Giant. i myself had to skip Maths and Physics lectures just to pay my last respects to the man whose books captivated me since childhood. R.I.P the proof.
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by oboy3(m): 3:16pm On May 23, 2013
INNO18: Lotta guests were @ the ceremony...
1st Traditional rulers
2nd academic staffs
minor politicians( house of rep members,commisioners e.t.c)
3rd big politicians (Ex ministers, senators and Anambra deputy Gov.)
finally the Gov and Senator Ngige walked in... there were cheers for Ngige... while Peter was nearly booed( i didnt say he was booed ooo, i said 'NEARL').
Otu ocha! Sorry i mean oopss! Oopss!! Oopss!!!
Nearly booed on?
Odikwa very risky,yet somebody on this forum claims peter obi has grass-roots support in Anambra state
smdh
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 23, 2013
tchidi: Musiwa o si na ogini?? undecided undecided undecided
U wan wake am with ya grammar??

lwkm...hapukwa m ka ochi hapu igbu m
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 23, 2013
The great Iroko! You will surely be missed. RIP!!
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by Elueme: 3:29pm On May 23, 2013
o'boy:
Otu ocha! Sorry i mean oopss! Oopss!! Oopss!!!
Nearly booed on?
Odikwa very risky,yet somebody on this forum claims peter obi has grass-roots support in Anambra state
smdh
You guys should stop being petty and be mature for once. The OP in the first place seem juvenile to me hence it is needless to take him on his assertion which to a very large extent is his views. That said, I am aware that Ogidi is located in Anambra central which happens to be Sen. Ngigi's constituency couple with the fact that he's running for the Nov, 2013 governorship election which Gov. Peter Obi wants to be zoned out to another region hence the massive support and political grandstanding. Things like this don't impress or make any meaning to my likes who understands the politics behind the ovation. Gov. Obi is possibly to busy for such grandstanding.
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by slimchimex(m): 3:35pm On May 23, 2013
we the living should b thinking how to live a life dat will have positive impart in the lives of humanity..... Prof. I respect you once more...
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by jeffizy(m): 3:39pm On May 23, 2013
@elueme, let the permutation be for another day bro.
Achebe deserves the honour in this thread.
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by oboy3(m): 3:46pm On May 23, 2013
Elueme: You guys should stop being petty and be mature for once. The OP in the first place seem juvenile to me hence it is needless to take him on his assertion which to a very large extent is his views. That said, I am aware that Ogidi is located in Anambra central which happens to be Sen. Ngigi's constituency couple with the fact that he's running for the Nov, 2013 governorship election which Gov. Peter Obi wants to be zoned out to another region hence the massive support and political grandstanding. Things like this don't impress or make any meaning to my likes who understands the politics behind the ovation. Gov. Obi is possibly to busy for such grandstanding.
Awka is now in Ogidi?wow thats great to Hear
onye nkuzi na ota akara
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by freecocoa(f): 3:58pm On May 23, 2013
tchidi: Musiwa o si na ogini?? undecided undecided undecided
U wan wake am with ya grammar??
Rotflmao cheesy grin grin

I know am not supposed to laugh, make una forgive me abeg but this comment has got to be the funniest to me this week on NL.

RIP oke nmadu, naa n'udo.
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by Mkpotu(m): 4:04pm On May 23, 2013
@O'boy na u goof. What Elueme said is correct. Ogidi is in Anambra Central not Awka in Ogidi as u were alleging.
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by adorable29(f): 4:10pm On May 23, 2013
tyadams: Only God knows if you are still a First year student of any blinking undergraduate course, but you have to stab your basic Maths and Physics classes (Lectures) to stay as far as 50 meters to pay respect to the Late Prof. that has paid his dues already and gone to the world beyond. I thought there are TV station where you can watch the clues. My Advice for you; Go and face your basics so that you too will become relevant. Goodluck!
with these ur sadist response, I hope YOU ARE RELEVANT YOURSELF! RIP Great One!
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by DICKtator: 4:28pm On May 23, 2013
TheBookWorm: RIP Professor Chinua Achebe.

Do you even know what "iconoclast" means?
emmm,..............., of course!!!
Hope you understood that that was metaphorically said?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by DICKtator: 4:32pm On May 23, 2013
olufunkeoyedeji: ask him please, fool cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Left your brain offline i guess?
nit-wit
You apparently skipped your medicines today!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by soyad: 4:55pm On May 23, 2013
What we have lost , heaven has gained . May his soul rest in peace .
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by timbros(m): 5:07pm On May 23, 2013
djon78: Thank God I will not miss out entirely, will be back home in the east tomorrow for a relations funeral and Ogidi is at my back yard, so I will try and be a part

Where are you from bro?
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by mamagee3(f): 5:46pm On May 23, 2013
Since we didn't see the body, why was it labelled pictures of Chinua Achebe lying in state?
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by initiate: 5:58pm On May 23, 2013
[quote author=Prof Corruption]How are we sure Achebe's corpse is inside the coffin? Why can't they open it for world to see?[/quote

but do you think the body of an 83 year old would be an interesting sight?
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by shizzle11(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2013
RIP the literary giant!

Gaa nke'oma!
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by shizzle11(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2013
mama-gee:
Since we didn't see the body, why was it labelled pictures of Chinua Achebe lying in state?

Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by Godson201333(m): 6:19pm On May 23, 2013
Mya his gentle soul rest in perfect peace...
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by ohemmanu: 7:14pm On May 23, 2013
tyadams: Only God knows if you are still a First year student of any blinking undergraduate course, but you have to stab your basic Maths and Physics classes (Lectures) to stay as far as 50 meters to pay respect to the Late Prof. that has paid his dues already and gone to the world beyond. I thought there are TV station where you can watch the clues. My Advice for you; Go and face your basics so that you too will become relevant. Goodluck!
MR man,after watching the pictures you spit trash,he would have just gone there and not bother posting them and nothing would have happened. Instead of saying THANKS you end ed up saying trash.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by vanbonattel: 8:03pm On May 23, 2013
mama-gee:

Mba nu, It was mama-gee corpse lying inside the coffin. RIP mama-gee.
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by Ninapha(f): 8:04pm On May 23, 2013
No wound me with ur over sense oooo!
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by profchika: 8:10pm On May 23, 2013
@ op, ua so much organised. I love diz. Keep it up
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by supereagle(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2013
INNO18: masquerades were on display
IJELE aka Inukwu Mahun on display for him. It comes out once a year.
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by squino(m): 8:52pm On May 23, 2013
my uncle just asked if Chinua Achebe is a musician
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by vanbonattel: 9:00pm On May 23, 2013
squino: my uncle just asked if Chinua Achebe is a musician

If he is not a stark illiterate, introduce him to google.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by switdick(m): 9:44pm On May 23, 2013
van bonattel:

If he is not a stark illiterate, introduce him to google.

LoL"grin

Or Maybe,He Should resort to asking Questions Of The Icon From Children in Elementary School before Things Start Falling Apart For Him....
Re: Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) by ekoileee: 9:45pm On May 23, 2013
squino: my uncle just asked if Chinua Achebe is a musician

lmao...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Struggle For Mace In Edo House Of Assembly (Video) / Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Ministers, Aides - Nigerian Pilot / Super Tucano Jets Pound Boko Haram Enclaves In Sambisa Forest, Kill 49 Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.