Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques (10135 Views)

Planned Attack On Jonathan's Home Busted, 5 Arrested / MEND Calls President Jonathan “A Clueless, Inept And Bare- Faced Liar,” / "MEND" Calls Off Planned Bombings And Says Jonathan Has Failed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by gnot: 2:27pm On May 23, 2013
dis guys r calling 4 a civil war title " D MEND of niger delta & D merciless GHOSTs grin grin grin
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by AmeLonRo(m): 2:31pm On May 23, 2013
to MEND means to repair. REPAIR, REPAIR grin grin grin MEND grin
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by abdulkayus(m): 2:37pm On May 23, 2013
Uncanny Genius: Nonsense. Every mosque should be destroyed in the South East and South South.

ignorant bigot. Hav u forgotten that there are indigenous muslims in south south esp Edo and Rivers state. Go destroy their mosque na if u fit am. Ndi ara
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by afoo02(m): 2:38pm On May 23, 2013
[quote author=Maxymilliano]The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) Wednesday called off its plans to attack mosques and assassinate Islamic clerics to avenge the attack on Christians and churches by Boko Haram militants.

The group, in a statement yesterday by its spokesman, Gbomo Jomo, said despite several provocative statements credited to some Muslim leaders, it had decided to call off the planned attack.

"Our planned attacks on mosques and other related agencies of religious intolerance have been called off due to the intervention of well-meaning Nigerians, religious bodies and the Nigerian government’s recent show of sincerity with the order to release from detention women, children, relatives and suspected Boko Haram members giving room for genuine dialogue.

"We have also heeded the appeal from Mr Henry Okah and Mr. Kingsley Kuku, Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs. To these effects, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (M.E.N.D) hereby announces the suspension of “Operation Barbarossa” which was to have commenced from Friday, May 31, 2013, with immediate effect. We use this opportunity to call for the release of Henry Okah and others in detention over the October 01, 2010, twin car bomb blast," the statement said.

Boko Haram wants Gov to release from detention women, children, relatives and suspected Boko Haram members giving room for genuine dialogue. Now "MEND" wants appeal from Mr Henry Okah and Mr. Kingsley Kuku, Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs....50/50 no cheating oooo
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by YusufG: 2:39pm On May 23, 2013
Msteeww ...Stupid Niger Deltans
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by churific(m): 2:45pm On May 23, 2013
And you call yourselves Christian?

What happened to "Revenge is mine says the Lord?" and "PRAYER" as your best weapon and form of attack?

Your silly stunt would've brought more persecution and death to the "Christians" you claim to be revenging.
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by dramendra: 2:53pm On May 23, 2013
dplomaticVal: Only Fools
Inform Their
Opponents bout Their
Attacking Strategy
angry

America will even show you, yet they will finish you.. They re only giving room for dialogue....
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Parnassuss(m): 2:57pm On May 23, 2013
If MEND has the good sense not to enba4k on a killing spree, all the better for them, the victims and all of us in general. I don't know about u but I don't hate group to the extent that I would wish them instant death. If we wish for sudden death on BH we are no better than they are, our strength over them is apparent when we rise from that gutter where they want to keep us.

Remember what crowd mentality wroth in ALUU let us be better than savages
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by MusicCafe: 2:57pm On May 23, 2013
Uncanny Genius: Nonsense. Every mosque should be destroyed in the South East and South South.
I hope you'll lead this mission? lolzzzz
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 23, 2013
Make them try na. Allahu Akbar....

Make them try na. Allahu Akbar....
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Goodays(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2013
ronnietilo: All they do is threaten and make noise... No Action
please I hope they don't take any action because every action we take ends up on the innocent ones
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 23, 2013
abdulkayus:

ignorant bigot. Hav u forgotten that there are indigenous muslims in south south esp Edo and Rivers state. Go destroy their mosque na if u fit am. Ndi ara
Banza
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by HonEmeritus(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2013
Did u just requested for the release of Henry Okah? U must be kidding!!!
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Iykopee(m): 3:36pm On May 23, 2013
mend chooses to heed to simple advise from peace loving nigerians, and such action doesnt translate to cowardice....many posters here are 2 faced. Shud mend carry on with its planned attack, the same peeps calling them bunch of cowards wud be the ones to call the president names for allowing insecurity to ruin the system... Kudos to mend for sheathing their deadly sword and shame on those shilh-tzoes calling them cowards.

1 Like

Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Akiika: 3:45pm On May 23, 2013
Really!!!! na heavy wah for how some people dey think o!
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by tpia5: 3:48pm On May 23, 2013
planned attack called off.

ok, we've heard.

please continue planning and calling off.
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by tpia5: 3:48pm On May 23, 2013

and then where will alhaji dokubo worship?
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Akiika: 4:02pm On May 23, 2013
Iykopee: mend chooses to heed to simple advise from peace loving nigerians, and such action doesnt translate to cowardice....many posters here are 2 faced. Shud mend carry on with its planned attack, the same peeps calling them bunch of cowards wud be the ones to call the president names for allowing insecurity to ruin the system... Kudos to mend for sheathing their deadly sword and shame on those shilh-tzoes calling them cowards.

MEND are lazy bunch of micreants that break oil pipes or prevent oil workers from working in order to be compensated. The likes of Asari Dokubo, Gbomo Jomo (if he's real), Henry Orkar, Bayloaf e.t.c are all working for their pockets and they are COWARDS. If MEND really want to fight their fellow criminals Boko Haram, there is no need to give press statements, just go to the North and emancipate your brothers. Their only battleground is at the creek, a well trained army will wipe them out in a day. Even a terrible trained Nigerian Army wiped them out at Odi, during the regime of crazy OBJ. The late Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 9 of blessed memory were the real freedom fighters. I served in port Harcourt in 2000, i have never seen these much lazy set of people in my life. You'll see those stu.pid jobless community chiefs (in their wrapper) at the reception hall of SHELL everyday.
Sheathe their sword my foot. Money has reached them, that is why they are recanting their empty threath. If indeed MEND was doing what it claimed it is doing, the environment degradation still going on in Niger-Delta would have seized. Mschew!!!
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Akiika: 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
Akiika:

MEND are lazy bunch of micreants that break oil pipes or prevent oil workers from working in order to be compensated. The likes of Asari Dokubo, Gbomo Jomo (if he's real), Henry Orkar, Bayloaf e.t.c are all working for their pockets and they are COWARDS. If MEND really want to fight their fellow criminals Boko Haram, there is no need to give press statements, just go to the North and emancipate your brothers. Their only battleground is at the creek, a well trained army will wipe them out in a day. Even a terrible trained Nigerian Army wiped them out at Odi, during the regime of crazy OBJ. The late Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 9 of blessed memory were the real freedom fighters. I served in port Harcourt in 2000, i have never seen these much lazy set of people in my life. You'll see those stu.pid jobless community chiefs (in their wrapper) at the reception hall of SHELL everyday.
Sheathe their sword my foot. Money has reached them, that is why they are recanting their empty threath. If indeed MEND was doing what it claimed it is doing, the environment degradation still going on in Niger-Delta would have seized. Mschew!!!
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Tractor(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
Why does MEND build our hope and destroy same? Okazi mma? Why throw in the towel? They should go ahead with the implementation of their threats.
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by hikmoj(m): 4:14pm On May 23, 2013
abdulkayus:

even in enugu ezike dia are indigenous practicing muslims. D post of dat oaf shows dat he has an ant brain in his head
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Nten: 4:34pm On May 23, 2013
Cokeroo: Faceless group of cowards
u fit face them even if them they faceless? Ijaw militants withdrawing earlier threat & u callin them cowards. Instead of you rejoicing & jubilating that an impending disaster have been averted. Or u think an izon militant makes empty threat. They r withdrawing because GEJ is already using his senses as the C-in-C of the armed forces by striking the BH. So it wuld look as if the izon nation is against notherner ok!!

1 Like

Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Ojotayo1(m): 5:06pm On May 23, 2013
an eyes for an eyes makes the world go blind...
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by omeiz93: 5:23pm On May 23, 2013
This is absolute baldardash, they said they want to attack mosques, muslim leaders, my question is, if they are going to carry out this act would they drop their own lives @ home. Empty vessel always makes the loudest noise. Attention seekers, toothless dogs who can only bark but can't bite. Let me reserve my other comments for now. I wish u guys the best.
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by malambuba(m): 5:38pm On May 23, 2013
Bastard
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by gbadexy(m): 5:58pm On May 23, 2013
Why are most people calling them cowards, toothless dogs and so on?
Mend have proven themselves already and they even killed some policemen around the time the statement was made.
I'm 100% sure those calling them cowards are fucking xtians and they were mischievously saying so because they were disappointed mend didn't decide to attack mosque and kill clerics.
You hypocrites are not different from boko haram and would do worse if giving the opportunity or if you have the guts.
You biatches need to stop being myopic! Such attack would have far reaching consequence and even you that you feel protected in your cozy rooms would be affected one way or the other.
Such attack would set the country on fire and many foreigners would use the opportunity to cause chaos in the name of avenging their 'brothers' in the south.
We don't know the value of peace! You are going to work, getting food easily and sleeping peacefully and you think you would be able to do so if conflict starts?
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by deletrue: 6:31pm On May 23, 2013
ronnietilo: All they do is threaten and make noise... No Action
If there a group i respect most is this one. They are strictly on point. They do not shot at any person like the bokos. They were only fighting for some share from government having been neglected for so long.
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by Livinusc(m): 6:43pm On May 23, 2013
blueghost: welcome development...peace is all we need!!!
Tru talk my dear let us embrace peace in our there Country.
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by aurenflani: 7:01pm On May 23, 2013

And you sabi cry like a little gurl when your brothers are butchered!
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by ijawcitizen(m): 7:03pm On May 23, 2013
Stu.pid Nigerians calling Great Warriors coward.

When MEND bombed atlas cove in Lagos all the Yorubas did was make all the noise they could, abi?

When militancy was at its heydays in PH, all the Igbo youths that claimed PH is theirs couldn't even mutter a syllable, they all got frozen with cold.

During the same period, the Oba of Benin who claimed Gelegele and all the Ijaw communities in Edo state, was on land-grabbing vacation. Itsekiris calling Ijaws tenants in Warri nko?

Now here they are again calling the people who scared the voice off their mouths, cowards. I wonder if they have changed the definition of the word coward in the dictionary. Lemme go and check!

3 Likes

Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by ecosanders: 7:26pm On May 23, 2013
I remember d last time dey threaten 2 tak d battle 2 BH front, n Boko reply by saying "let heads roll" na so mend hush o, its beta dey calld off dis one cos i cnt imagine d magnitude of d response frm BH, ANSARU,JAMB etc é go bad gan ni o!
Re: MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques by todayguest(m): 7:41pm On May 23, 2013
Thank God it's called off. We wouldn't hv known where to run to. There's already so much blood shed in the land.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police, MASSOB Clash In Onitsha Leaves One Person Dead, Several Injured / 637 Nigerian Refugees From Cameroon Arrive Adamawa IDP Camp (Photos) / BREAKING: Atiku Files N2.5bn Libel Suit Against Buhari’s Aide, Lauretta Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.