Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? (33623 Views)

Man Commits Suicide For Being Labelled A Wizard / Has There Been Any Nigerian Politician Who Has Never Been Labelled A 'thief'? / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 23, 2013
Pastor Kun: Why Is The British Born Terrorist Being Labelled A Nigerian?

My Fellow Nigerian & My Most Dearest ,

By now you all must have heard of the gruesome killing of a British soldier by 2 young British men in
Woolwich, SE, London yesterday.

One of the young men has been identified as Michael Adeboloja
and is being refered to in ALL media reports as Nigerian/­British
OR British/­Nigerian (whatever3-| )

But do you also know that 16 out of the 541 British athletes at the 2012 Olympics Games were Nigerians ?

They are as follows:

Phillips Idowu,
James Dasaolu,
Andrew Osagie,
Lawrence Okoye,
Abdul Buhari,i
Abiodun Oyepitan,
Anyika Onuora,
Margaret Adeoye,
Christine Ohuruogu,
Marilyn Okoro,
Eniola Aluko,
Temitope Fagbenle,
Anthony Ogoro,
Anthony Joshua,
Peter Bakare
and Dami Bakare.

All represented Britain at the Olympics and WERE NEVER refered to as Nigerian/­British.

Nigerians !!!

It is time we reject ALL negative being attached to US as a nation
and take pride in our tradition
and culture.

Let the world know that despite our differences and challenges we are good people with kind hearts
and love and with great respect for the human race.

We have in no small way contributed immensely to the world economy. We are energetic
and industrious and no amount of propaganda by the media can take away our PRIDE.

WE ARE NIGERIANS,

I AM A NIGERIAN & PROUD OF IT
and WE SHOULD BE PROUD TO BE A GENUINE AFRICAN BRAND.

And also reject all imported religions,starting from christianity and islam.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by justmenoni: 9:05pm On May 23, 2013
Na you sabi,go get a linguistic job with your proper english,let me know which sentence or word is incorrect,ModaF..ur oversabi attitude too much for this site,like you know it all.
smoothcrim2014:

Speak proper English in line with the rules on this forum.

Yes, he is Black British but, not Ethnically related to the country.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by banshymmex: 9:08pm On May 23, 2013
smoothcrim2014:
Not good looking enough to be Ghanaian. wink wink wink wink wink And a name like Adeboloja has never historically been associated with Ghana but only NAIJA!!!

Change of name, bruv. grin His face looks Ghanaian but his mouth looks Somali, and he claimed middle-east/muslim-countries in the video. grin

Anyway, stay away from Nigerians in the UK. This guy's life changed when he started mingling with a Nigerian criminal gang...and that particular gang use the green/white bandana. They robbed me 20-deep at o2 arena in 2010.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ddeola: 9:17pm On May 23, 2013
No mind dem jare,d guy na a product of dier society and nothing more. The earlier they accept that, the better

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by toluene12: 9:23pm On May 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by banshymmex: 9:28pm On May 23, 2013
toluene12: The fact is this criminal is a british citizen but has yoruba blood flowing in his vein and that makes him a nigerian. It does not matter whether he holds a nigerian passport. He's a native of nigeria. He cannot be deprived of this right simply because he has done something bad. The constitution guarantees that.
Beside nigeria has benefitted from this arrangement in the past. Victor moses was a british citizen and eligible to play for england when he switched allegiance and decided to represent his native country, nigeria. Majority of the guys in the nigeria basketball team at london 2012 were american citizens who were born in the U.S, had never set foot on nigeria and didn't have nigerian passports prior to the game.
Moreover, we nigerians are equally guilty of negative stereotypes. A hausa boy who was born and bred in lagos is called an aboki, while a kalu who has never been to the east is called 'omo ibo wey too like money'.
So the lesson here is no matter where u live, the evil u do will be traced to ur roots and will end up heaping insults and ridicule to ur own people.

But his life went on a downward spiral when he started mingling with Nigerian criminals.

Perhaps, Nigeria also need to take part of the blame for exporting criminal gangs to other countries, no? undecided

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by esperiense(m): 9:28pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN
This comment must have evolved from your Tabula rasa not medulla oblongata. Despite the fact that the OP has taken his time to convey his thought carefully, you couldn't grab anything? Lemme ask you, is Obama a kenyan not American?

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by toluene12: 9:30pm On May 23, 2013
No doubt this criminal is a british citizen but we cannot deny the fact that he has yoruba blood flowing in his vein and that makes him a nigerian. It does not matter whether he holds a nigerian passport or not. He's a native of nigeria. He cannot be deprived of this right simply because he has done something bad. The constitution guarantees that.
Beside nigeria has benefitted from this arrangement in the past. Victor moses was a british citizen and eligible to play for england when he switched allegiance and decided to represent his native country, nigeria. Majority of the guys in the nigeria basketball team at london 2012 were american citizens who were born in the U.S, had never set foot on nigeria and didn't have nigerian passports prior to the game.
Moreover, we nigerians are equally guilty of negative stereotypes. A hausa boy who was born and bred in lagos is called an aboki, while a kalu who has never been to the east is called 'omo ibo wey too like money'.
So the lesson here is no matter where u live, the evil u do will be traced to ur roots and ur people will end up sharing in the insults and ridicule.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by banshymmex: 9:30pm On May 23, 2013
To be honest, the most violent Nigerians in the UK were born in Nigeria.

The guy is just as Nigerian as he's British!!

I can start naming names.

The two brothers who blew a Sierra Leonean woman's head off in Peckham with a shotgun, in 2005, were born in Nigeria.

Boogie(RIP) and Tipsy(RIP), the biggest armed robbers ever from South London were born in Nigeria.

The list is endless!!

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by masqot(m): 9:31pm On May 23, 2013
I'm very happy this issue comes up here and there lots of comment. However how exciting it is to argue whether that guy is a 'igerian or not, I will not take this mud they're throwing at us. Don't forget that on Thurday (the incidemt happened on Wednesdy), the image of a Nigerian internationally is soiled. Very soon the ranking of Nigeria as a terrorist nation is imminent.
I suggest Nigerian Government should condemn this act and cut the trend the UK media is building on "NIGERIANISATION" of this guy. This guy is totally foreign to Nigeria for the following reasons:
1) I doubt if he had ever been to Nigeria like Abdul-mutallab
2) He spoke with English accent in the video clip
3) Nigerian have culture; Michael cannot bear Mujahid in Nigeria
4) Definitely this guy is one of the lost sheep in goat's skin
5) UK media are something else- they can star WW3 in 24hrs

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 9:47pm On May 23, 2013
apparently there were TWO men BOTH of them of Nigerian origin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE of the two suspected Islamists accused of hacking a British soldier to death in London was a convert who regularly attended sermons by banned Islamist preacher Omar Bakri.

Anjem Choudary - the former leader of Bakri's Al-Muhajiroun group in Britain, which was proscribed under anti-terror laws - says the man filmed with a bloodied meat cleaver at the site of Wednesday's murder was called Mujahid.

Known as Michael before he converted to Islam in 2003, Mr Choudary said Mujahid was a "peaceful chap" before he drifted off the radical scene three years ago. He was from a Nigerian family.

"I knew one of them, Mujahid," Mr Choudary said in a telephone interview.

"He used to attend some of our activities over the years. Very peaceful chap actually, not violent at all, very pleasant.

"We lost any kind of contact with him about three years ago. So I don't know what he has been up to but it was a bit of a shock what we saw yesterday.

"He wasn't a member (of Al-Muhajiroun), he was not intellectually affiliated. I wouldn't say he was a member but he attended some of the activities, demonstrations, processions, talks.

"Even Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad, who's now in Lebanon, remembered him. So he was definitely there prior to 2005 and I think he disappeared off the scene probably 2009, 2010."

A notorious figure in Britain, Bakri left London for Lebanon in 2005 and was swiftly told he would not be allowed back in.

Asked about the other suspect, Mr Choudary said: "I couldn't recognise him."

Both alleged attackers were shot by armed police officers. They are under armed guard in separate hospitals.

It was widely reported that the men were known to the security services, which Mr Choudary said would be no surprise.

In his diatribe before onlookers, Mujahid spoke about Prime Minister David Cameron and pulling British troops out of foreign countries.

Mr Choudary said Mujahid was "a normal guy really, he used to propagate Islam, concerned about foreign policy".

"From his own message, there's a direct link between the British foreign policy and what took place yesterday. He mentioned the British troops in Afghanistan and talked about Cameron.

"He had a chance to attack other people but he only attacked that individual.

"Over the years, there has been more and more screw-turning by the British government, more and more oppression against the Muslim community. They've tried to silence organisations like ourselves by banning them and proscribing them.

"Therefore there's much less avenue to express yourself ideologically and politically and therefore it's no surprise that people possibly - and I don't know this for sure - go onto the internet and come across other organisations who don't believe in a covenant of security at all. People like al-Qaida."

Asked if he condemned Mujahid's actions, he replied: "I condemn the British government. I think the ones who radicalised him, the ones who put people like that in that position, are the British by their very brutal foreign policy ... Now they have a reaction."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/suspect-michael-mujihad-adeboloja-attended-banned-islamist-group/story-fndir2ev-1226649615937#ixzz2U9Q7cRTc
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Ironi: 9:59pm On May 23, 2013
Why are Nigerians so voilent and blood thirsty?

I noticed that Nigerians would kill at the drop of a dime.

I am very careful when dealing with Nigerians.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by banshymmex: 10:09pm On May 23, 2013
Ironi: Why are Nigerians so voilent and blood thirsty?

I noticed that Nigerians would kill at the drop of a dime.

I am very careful when dealing with Nigerians.

Bruv, they're so violent they have been banning me on this forum since morning for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They're loud and very pretentious as well.

Better watch-out before you become a victim, bruv.

And don't do business with Nigerians, they will abscond with your money!! grin
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:14pm On May 23, 2013
He is not a British nor a Nigerian, his name sounds like a yoruba's name. He is a yoruba .Seun, is it not true?
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by gogo2003: 10:17pm On May 23, 2013
Pray thee, if these two killers are igbos, i bet you the reaction would not be this way, Mister they are not nigerians, they are yaribas from Odua Republic
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by tdade(m): 10:19pm On May 23, 2013
Sex_Skillz: OP, your arguments are invalid.

I guess you forgot the extent of Islamic Terrorism in Nigeria with the likes of Abdul-Mutallab.

You and all those supporting your pointless arguments remind me of the proverbial Ostrich with it's head in the sand.
those bringing up Abdulmutallab should check out his history. The guy was a nutter from Nigeria but UK took that to new heights. Its the Muslim population in London that seems to be a problem.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by MiloRambaldi(m): 10:20pm On May 23, 2013
So Michael was peaceful and decent until he turned Mujahid and then became an animal. The truth is that Islam or versions of Islam somehow breeds these violent types. Deny it as much as we want, there's got to be a link between this religion and the conversion of the likes of Michael, Mutallab, etc into violent, barbaric killers against the West.

What did the West ever do to Islam?

This may have fatally punctured the myth that Yoruba Muslims are different from those in the North in terms of susceptibility to turn to radical Islam. Seems the majority of Yoruba Muslims just don't take the religion seriously. Apparently the more serious ones eventually end up hacking people to pieces.

Sad really. I know quite a lot who profess to be Muslims. Can they somehow be this radicalized? This thing just got real.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by gratiaeo(m): 10:21pm On May 23, 2013
Yoruba and bad news this days the other day was 4 Yoruba guys selling human parts
https://www.nairaland.com/1298238/human-parts-available-live-human
British/Nigeria/Yoruba terrorist hacked unarmed soldier
Him papa must be product of awa free education

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Cusubaba(m): 10:23pm On May 23, 2013
ban.shymmex:

Bruv, they're so violent they have been banning me on this forum since morning for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They're loud and very pretentious as well.

Better watch-out before you become a victim, bruv.

And don't do business with Nigerians, they will abscond with your money!! grin
Ur nothing but a shameless i.d.i.o.t. They banned u because ur senseless i.d.i.o.t. Just read the gabage u wrote and tell me if ur not scumbag. Wasted monkey.

3 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by banshymmex: 10:33pm On May 23, 2013
Cusubaba: Ur nothing but a shameless i.d.i.o.t. They banned u because ur senseless i.d.i.o.t. Just read the gabage u wrote and tell me if ur not scumbag. Wasted morkey.

You're nuts! And they banned me for no reason. That's just the Nigerian temperament and the innate anger in the average Nigerian psyche.

Let's discuss issues now. New Nigerian immigrants in the UK have dislodged the gold-teeth having and obnoxious yardies of the 90s in London slums. They're the ones criminalising these youths with the criminal lifestyle they brought from Nigeria. Do you know many bank accounts these criminals have crashed like the Lehman Brothers? Do you know many kids are in prison because these Nigerians lured them into a life of crime with peanuts? Yet most of you are huffing and puffing on here like deranged orangutans like Nigeria isn't hell on earth.

I already posted an excerpt from the Guardian UK about how the guy's life went on a downward spiral. His life changed when he started mixing with Nigerians. Yet you lot are still questioning his Nigerian-ness! How dumb can you numbnuts be? undecided
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by collynzo2(m): 10:34pm On May 23, 2013
Cusubaba: Ur nothing but a shameless i.d.i.o.t. They banned u because ur senseless i.d.i.o.t. Just read the gabage u wrote and tell me if ur not scumbag. Wasted monkey.
well said

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by tpia5: 10:37pm On May 23, 2013
Sad really. I know quite a lot who profess to be Muslims. Can they somehow be this radicalized?

i guess so.

once they go that route, its over.

they're never the same.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by collynzo2(m): 10:38pm On May 23, 2013
Countless Ghanaians on Nairaland, if they hate us so much why do they like to mingle with us? To sharpen their IQ?

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Ahasco(m): 10:46pm On May 23, 2013
Thirdended!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Fussbot: 10:46pm On May 23, 2013
ban.shymmex:

You're nuts! And they banned me for no reason. That's just the Nigerian temperament and the innate anger in the average Nigerian psyche.

Let's discuss issues now. New Nigerian immigrants in the UK have dislodged the gold-teeth having and obnoxious yardies of the 90s in London slums. They're the ones criminalising these youths with the criminal lifestyle they brought from Nigeria. Do you know many bank accounts these criminals have crashed like the Lehman Brothers? Do you know many kids are in prison because these Nigerians lured them into a life of crime with peanuts? Yet most of you are huffing and puffing on here like deranged orangutans like Nigeria isn't hell on earth.

I already posted an excerpt from the Guardian UK about how the guy's life went on a downward spiral. His life changed when he started mixing with Nigerians. Yet you lot are still questioning his Nigerian-ness! How dumb can you numbnuts be? undecided
wat is dis 1 saying?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire / Burial Photos Of Fredrick Fasehun, OPC Founder / Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.