Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? (33588 Views)

Man Commits Suicide For Being Labelled A Wizard / Has There Been Any Nigerian Politician Who Has Never Been Labelled A 'thief'? / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by PastorKun(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2013
Why Is The British Born Terrorist Being Labelled A Nigerian?

My Fellow Nigerian & My Most Dearest ,

By now you all must have heard of the gruesome killing of a British soldier by 2 young British men in
Woolwich, SE, London yesterday.

One of the young men has been identified as Michael Adeboloja
and is being refered to in ALL media reports as Nigerian/­British
OR British/­Nigerian (whatever3-| )

But do you also know that 16 out of the 541 British athletes at the 2012 Olympics Games were Nigerians ?

They are as follows:

Phillips Idowu,
James Dasaolu,
Andrew Osagie,
Lawrence Okoye,
Abdul Buhari,
Abiodun Oyepitan,
Anyika Onuora,
Margaret Adeoye,
Christine Ohuruogu,
Marilyn Okoro,
Eniola Aluko,
Temitope Fagbenle,
Anthony Ogoro,
Anthony Joshua,
Peter Bakare
and Dami Bakare.

All represented Britain at the Olympics and WERE NEVER refered to as Nigerian/­British.

Nigerians !!!

It is time we reject ALL negative being attached to US as a nation
and take pride in our tradition
and culture.

Let the world know that despite our differences and challenges we are good people with kind hearts
and love and with great respect for the human race.

We have in no small way contributed immensely to the world economy. We are energetic
and industrious and no amount of propaganda by the media can take away our PRIDE.

WE ARE NIGERIANS,

I AM A NIGERIAN & PROUD OF IT
and WE SHOULD BE PROUD TO BE A GENUINE AFRICAN BRAND.

291 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by PastorKun(m): 3:20pm On May 23, 2013
Nigerian's in the United Kingdom should speak out and condemn the beheading of a citizen yesterday in UK. The beheading was done by a British citizen and not a Nigerian as speculated, his name does not confirm his nationality. This lunatic was born in the United Kingdom, never been to nigeria, issued a birth certificate in the UK and held a British passport. Suddenly he is now a Nigerian?......This guy is not a NigerianBritish born Michael 'Mujahid' Adeboloja with an accomplice yesterday beheaded a British Soldier on a street in Woolwich, London.Because he is not Gabriel Agbonlahor playing for Aston Villa and Three Lions, or Andrew Osagie, UK's reigning 800m champion, or Lawrence Okoye, British Discus Record Holder (68.24m), or Abiodun oyepitan, British Olympic Silver and Gold Medalist, or Christine Ohuruogu, Beijing Olympic British Gold Medalist, or Eniola Aluko, British Olympic Female Football star, or Temi Fagbenle British Olympic Basketball queen, or several other thousands of British citizens with Nigerian connection who are making the country proud, it is being made to look like Nigeria has "shown itself again" in the action of that British boy who beheaded a soldier yesterday.Nigeria should just be left out of this.Please pass on to educate the ignorant ones.

116 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Emmyk(m): 3:58pm On May 23, 2013
Seconded

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by MadCow1: 4:07pm On May 23, 2013
Because......... There is no Gold medal for terrorism. If he had slit the throat of a Terrorist about to attack the U.K, he would be sitting in BBC's studio right now with later appointments to appear on CNN, Al Jezerra, Fox News, Larry King Show, e.t.c.. And he would be called 'The BRITISH Hero'.

But since its not the case, he is everything but a Brit.

48 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by AMvanquish: 4:09pm On May 23, 2013
ThreeConded

3 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Akiika: 4:09pm On May 23, 2013
That is the Western media for you.

5 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 23, 2013
fourthed

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 23, 2013
BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN

30 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by abatajjvii: 4:10pm On May 23, 2013
Why ........
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by baby124: 4:10pm On May 23, 2013
Hes totally british and a product of the british system/ upbringing. Let us call a spade a spade. He has no connection to Nigeria. wink. The whole system failed him, the british system. cheesy

18 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Kk4(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2013
Preach brother
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by aminho(m): 4:11pm On May 23, 2013
thats how they are
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by creativemusic: 4:11pm On May 23, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Abujafood: 4:12pm On May 23, 2013
That's why I don't follow British media, they're so biased I'll rather watch aljazeera or EuroNews racist media that's what the Brit media seem to be!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Ruq: 4:12pm On May 23, 2013
I don't fuckin know.

This problem actually can be divided equally. When Nigerians see successful acts in the industry American or British. most times we try our best to claim they are Nigerians even if we know they were born and raised there, which is cray very cray i see no fuckin reason to claim Nationals that don't even see the existence of our country. it's not like they are half Nigerian/American or half whatever.

The thing is to actually stop claiming anyone who doesnt feel like being Nigerian itz fuckin pointless.

This guy aint even half Nigerian, he just a descendant of Nigerians.

Naija till i fuckin die.

6 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Omen100(m): 4:12pm On May 23, 2013
9jadelta: fourthed

fifthed & I hope I correct. angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by onila(f): 4:13pm On May 23, 2013
its the same as when a Britsh Nigerian does something good. there would be praises of how we should know and remember ''he is a nigerian first!''

5 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Sophiegurl(f): 4:14pm On May 23, 2013
Pastor Kun: Nigerian's in the United Kingdom should speak out and condemn the beheading of a citizen yesterday in UK. The beheading was done by a British citizen and not a Nigerian as speculated, his name does not confirm his nationality. This lunatic was born in the United Kingdom, never been to nigeria, issued a birth certificate in the UK and held a British passport. Suddenly he is now a Nigerian?......This guy is not a NigerianBritish born Michael 'Mujahid' Adeboloja with an accomplice yesterday beheaded a British Soldier on a street in Woolwich, London.Because he is not Gabriel Agbonlahor playing for Aston Villa and Three Lions, or Andrew Osagie, UK's reigning 800m champion, or Lawrence Okoye, British Discus Record Holder (68.24m), or Abiodun oyepitan, British Olympic Silver and Gold Medalist, or Christine Ohuruogu, Beijing Olympic British Gold Medalist, or Eniola Aluko, British Olympic Female Football star, or Temi Fagbenle British Olympic Basketball queen, or several other thousands of British citizens with Nigerian connection who are making the country proud, it is being made to look like Nigeria has "shown itself again" in the action of that British boy who beheaded a soldier yesterday.Nigeria should just be left out of this.Please pass on to educate the ignorant ones.
copy copy 2nd

5 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Lilimax(f): 4:14pm On May 23, 2013
Quite pathetic sad He should not be labelled a Nigerian.
He is a Briton and they should learn to live with it.

5 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN
interesting logic. I hope every african americans are reading this

6 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Siga: 4:14pm On May 23, 2013
All what OP is trying to point out is...if UK can claim the medals secured by all the mentioned Nigerians (some were even born for Ajegunle)....then they should claim this one as well...the guy should be labelled "A BRITISH MAN WITH NIGERIAN LINEAGE"....

16 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 23, 2013
[size=20pt]Highly suspicious set of mujahad people. So what if he is Nigerian/British or Senegalese/Congolese? The fact that he hacked a fellow human to death (something I might add is quite the norm in Nigeria) automatically forfeits him of any right whatsoever of being human.

So set aside your politics and become ILLUMINATED.
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by churific(m): 4:14pm On May 23, 2013
It's funny how we love to claim them when they are "heroes" but not when they are "terrorists."

"British Born," still...

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by thenwhat: 4:15pm On May 23, 2013
Mad Cow: Because......... There is no Gold medal for terrorism. If he had slit the throat of a Terrorist about to attack the U.K, he would be sitting in BBC's studio right now with later appointments to appear on CNN, Al Jezerra, Fox News, Larry King Show, e.t.c.. And he would be called 'The BRITISH Hero'.

But since its not the case, he is everything but a Brit.

You are so funny. OMG! I just cracked by ribs while laughing, rolling on the floor.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Feedmemore(f): 4:15pm On May 23, 2013
Western media bais, nothing more.

If he was a white Caucasian, he would have been termed 'a Lunatic'. Or a deranged fellow who should see a psychiatrist.

10 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Zulele: 4:15pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN
firstly you got to calm down with the cap
locks... then learn to convey your
thoughts in a coherent manner you red neck
scum

6 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by AtheistD(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2013
@ OP

You are on point. He is a british-nigerian... the same way Philips Idowu is a british-nigerian. If they cannot accept one, why must they accept the other.

He is a brit. No doubt. Radicalised in the UK by race hate preachers in the UK. It has little to do with Nig. Even in his rant he never mentioned Boko haram or any Nigerian problems. He was talking about Iraq and Afghanistan. He has no affiliation with Nig other than his familial background.
Feed me more: Western media bais, nothing more.

If he was a white Caucasian, he would have been termed 'a Lunatic'. Or a deranged fellow who should see a psychiatrist.

He looked like he needed to see a Psychiatrist. He clearly was high and probably had psychological problems. Possibly schizophrenic.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Dee60: 4:16pm On May 23, 2013
I wonder o!

The British media has not called him Nigerian. The British government has not called him Nigerian either. Instead, they called him a Briton of Nigerian descent, which is absolutely correct.

It is us Nigerians calling him 'Nigerian' because his name is Nigerian. For all you care, he may never have seen Lagos, not even in a film.

Forget about where he is from. call him a man possessed by a lunatic spirit that needed deliverance, and we pray he still gets delivered.

6 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Iaz93: 4:16pm On May 23, 2013
@OP, would you love to associate with an evil person?
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by simplyOJ(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2013
Bros forget all these stories. Yes he has a Nigerian blood; the fact remains, he is a British citizen; born and brought up in Britain. When a child does well, the Father takes the accolade, when he turns bad, he suddenly becomes the Mothers child. Ibegi! Na British citizen.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Maxymilliano(m): 4:17pm On May 23, 2013
The spoilt brat would have done well as a rapper and making cool money. His spoken words were like chanted rhyming lyrics but he choose to be a Muslim cleric idiot. Talk about talent misplaced!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu / President Tinubu Arrives Ijebu-Ode, To Visit Ogun Monarchs (video) / DSS Is Done With Screening Of President Buhari’s Ministers - Daily Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.