Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect (26069 Views)

Obiano Inspects Ongoing Work At The 2nd Niger Bridge / Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale / Michael Adebowale, Is The Son Of A Probation Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by ifebosco: 11:19am On May 24, 2013
Desola:

God bless you real good!

[b]I had said in an older thread that Nigerians are predominantly criminalistics in nature [/b]but I was shouted down as a self loathing person who wished ill upon Nigeria but the truth surrounds us all. Nigeria and Nigerians are rotting away but rather than sit up and start to face hard facts and embark on reorientation we would rAther brush it off as a one off event.

Now is the time for us, this current generation, to start doing some serious work to redeem our image. It might take decades but we will get there. Clearly the generation before us have failed us, but the posterity of Nigeria now rests upon us.
we are not like that please,we just have bad leadership and that translates to 75% of our problems
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by An0nimus: 11:20am On May 24, 2013
I read the Aljazeera link and I don't see anything wrong with them saying '...of Nigerian descent'. Besides it wasn't overflogged but was just mentioned once and in passing. I'm still trying to understand why many of us are crying the heavens down over this issueundecided.

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Willywilly3: 11:22am On May 24, 2013
ericgold: THE LONDON CANNIBAL IS A BRITISH CITIZEN, NOT A NIGERIAN. BE GUIDED..
May I call on the National Assembly and ALL NIGERIANS to reject this act and say ‘NO’ to the tag, he is not a Nigerian. Nigerians don’t butcher their Citizens like meat, only BOKO HARAM and their sponsors do so. Mind you, BOKO HARAMites aren’t Nigerians in the first place. True NIGERIANS accepts Western Education albeit, we condemn what happened in London.
Please, say ‘NO’ to the terrorist tag on NIGERIANS, we’re not terrorists.
Try and accept your responsibilities, You can not run away from yourself. These two men are Nigerians of Yoruba descent.
You said Nigerians don't butcher their citizens, let me flash you back in 1994 more than 2000 unarmed Ogoni women and Children were slaughtered by their fellow Nigerians in the security force or the glorified barbaric murder of unarmed Igbos by Nigeria forces in Asaba, are you quick to forget the pogrom the Igbos suffered in the hands of rampaging Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani Mobs in the 60s,. All are faces of Nigeria so accept it.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by bornosheikh: 11:28am On May 24, 2013
One of the policemen, named Ikpi Ikpi, an inspector, was said to have been ambushed in the early hours of Wednesday.

An eyewitness, who craved anonymity, said Ikpi and some of his men were going for a raid in company with some residents when he met his untimely death.

The eyewitness said, “It was around 4am on Wednesday when Ikpi went for a raid in the community. But unknown to him, some hoodlums from Ikorodu had laid siege to the community.

“Because the community was enveloped in darkness at that time, the Inspector and his men were unaware of the hoodlums’ presence. Ikpi was hit by a bullet fired by the hoodlums.”

He said the other policeman, who died on Thursday, was cut with machete on Tuesday, when the hoodlums numbering over 100 first invaded the community.

Some ignorant fool was saying how Nigerians do not use machete in Nigeria...above crime is from Lagos yesterday. Machete use is in Naija DNA. We have no fear of brutality. 10 million Nigerians could be chopped up tomorrow in a Rwanada pogrom - nothing dey happen. The reason why the event has hit home is because we see the 'Nigerian-ness' in their behaviour despite them living 2,000 km away and having had a minimal link with the country.

An apple does not fall too far from the tree?

Why does african man fight for arab cause?

You will never see an arab muslim fighting for Odua independence!
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by abes(m): 11:29am On May 24, 2013
alexis:

I must have pressed the wrong button huh. Please show me where the man that killed the female officers did so shouting Allah or in Allahs name? Your confusion is the difference when something is religious than when it is criminal.

Here is a video showing Michael Adebolajo with Anjem Choudary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VNftQwvsjgw

Digest that, then turn around and re-post

The same muslim cleric refused to condemn the attack and tried to rationalized it and said the act was as a result of British foreign policy - NONSENSE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SXCw9X3vRTs

You still don't get it, do you?
In both cases, murder was committed and all men involved are British. In one of the cases, two men shouted 'Allah' and killed one army officer, in the other case, one man did not shout anything but killed two female police officers.

Does the fact that 'Allah' was not shouted in one case make it a less severe murder case than the other where 'Allah' was shouted? (mind the victims in both cases)

Does the "LAW" defines crime with preference to religious or ethnic background?

Why do you label one a terrorist and the other not a terrorist?
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Gbawe: 11:32am On May 24, 2013
Nick Clegg, UK deputy Prime Minister, just confirmed my point about the focus of the UK. Anyone who has Sky news should tune in now to watch the live address of Clegg at a multi-faith gathering.

Clegg emphasises that "these young men dressed and spoke like other young Londoners". In short they are British lads who live in London. Clegg tells the audience these two have "totally" perverted the message of Islam that is "a religion of peace". His message, so far, is about how folks have united as Britons, against terror, never mind their diversity and different background. Britain stands together against aberrant folks, like Adebolajo and Adebowale, is the message. We can contrast this with Nigeria and other African nation where even leaders will engage in ethnic/sectional/religious blame game and unhelpful witch hunting.

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by stonebridge: 11:34am On May 24, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze: You people are the ones branding them nigerians, i watched the news yesterday and the british PM only identified them as british citizens who converted to islam in 2003, nobody mentioned anything like african let alone nigeria. You people should stop shooting yourselves on the foot.
does their acent look anything nigerian or someone who have even left the shores of britain before?
The british accpeted they are british citizens and so shalll it be!! I don't want to here anybody call them naija here again! Or i ban that person!! Let this be a warning to you all.
Then why do Nigerians struggle so hard to claim SEAL as one of their own?. Didn't some traditional rulers from the southwest take chieftaincy title to Sade Adu in the UK during the 90's and she rebuffed them?. If we can claim SEAL as one of us even when he refuses to acknowledge his Nigerian side or forcibly claim Sade Adu who is yet to accept us as her folks, why not these two low life scumbags?.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by alexis(m): 11:44am On May 24, 2013
abes:

In both cases, murder was committed and all men involved are British. In one of the cases, two men shouted 'Allah' and killed one army officer, in the other case, one man did not shout anything but killed two female police officers.

Does the fact that 'Allah' was not shouted in one case make it a less severe murder case than the other where 'Allah' was shouted? (mind the victims in both cases)

You are narrowly missing my point. Did you watch the youtube videos? Both are terrorism, the cause of concern is the MOTIVE AND INTENT. With one, it's criminal, with another, it is RELIGIOUS. That is the difference.

A thief goes to steal and when he is caught, we judge him by the motivation not his religion.

A white guy shot a black kid in Florida, it was a race issue and not a religious one

A muslims man kills an unarmed soldier and tells us he is doing it because of this faith.

Clearly, you can see the difference!

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:45am On May 24, 2013
abes:

That is all you can see in everything that has happened?
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by IYANGBALI: 11:50am On May 24, 2013
Now these fooools would not allow these people to give me visa
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by hollandis(f): 11:53am On May 24, 2013
The guys are Nigerians.It is not bad for the press to call them Nigerians @ this point I expect Jonathan to produce their parents to condemn their kids.Just like the aluu4 ,,,,, I will never trust Nigerians again
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by begwong: 11:55am On May 24, 2013
Pedagogue:

One big fact about the UK is: No one will add 'Nigerian' to your status if you are representing the country in any capacity!
But if you dare commit a crime, your status will change from 'British' to 'British Nigerian' or 'Nigerian descent'- even if you've never been to Nigeria!

Nevertheless,

We should ask ourselves why other countries in Africa have not 'produced' Abdulmuttalab and Dese 2 'Michael's'!!! And pls, don't tell me it's a fallout of the big size of the country!!! If its abt size then China or India ought to have produced millions of

2 narrow things down,Many naija parents (home and abroad) now spend more time hustling than bringing up their kids.
This is what you get when u don't have properly brought up children!!!
If you don't Instill the right values in your children at their formative years,d devil will !

No mind those fhuckiN brits!
If it were Gold medals in the Olympics,they are British.
If na crime,na Nigerians. OLOSHI
angry

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by abes(m): 11:55am On May 24, 2013
alexis:

You are narrowly missing my point. Did you watch the youtube videos? Both are terrorism, the cause of concern is the MOTIVE AND INTENT. With one, it's criminal, with another, it is RELIGIOUS. That is the difference.

A thief goes to steal and when he is caught, we judge him by the motivation not his religion.

A white guy shot a black kid in Florida, it was a race issue and not a religious one

A muslims man kills an unarmed soldier and tells us he is doing it because of this faith.

Clearly, you can see the difference!

abes:

Why do you label one a terrorist and the other not a terrorist?(Answered)

lagerwhenindoubt:

That is all you can see in everything that has happened?

My judgments are not based on emotions
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Idazinim: 12:00pm On May 24, 2013
[quote author=4 Play]

Accusing? 2 Nigerians in broad daylight and in front of eye witnesses murdered a soldier and you are talking of an accusation as if their actions are unproven.

/quote]

Are they not British Nationals. Do you even consider the last paragraph that He was born in Nigeria, and only Nationalized
on living in Britain. that analysis is mischevious, and aimed that portraying Nigeria in BAD Light. Let's be wise, while condemning this wicked act, Britain in the other hand should not cast aspersion on our dear Nation.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by alexis(m): 12:00pm On May 24, 2013
abes: My judgments are not based on emotions

Mine is based on FACTS and EVIDENCE. There is nothing sentimental or emotional about that. At least you can't dispute that.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by abes(m): 12:07pm On May 24, 2013
alexis:

Mine is based on FACTS and EVIDENCE. There is nothing sentimental or emotional about that. At least you can't dispute that.

abes:

Why do you label one a terrorist and the other not a terrorist? (Answered)

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by alexis(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2013
You keep repeating yourself. In law - we look at the MOTIVE of why a crime was committed. We are interested in the REASON why something happened. Based on that, we know how to pass judgement.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by toluene12: 12:12pm On May 24, 2013
Cornel88: Maybe it is because he is not
Gabriel Agbonlahor
playing for Aston Villa and
the Three Lions, or
Andrew Osagie, UK's
reigning 800m champion,
or Lawrence Okoye, British
Discus Record
Holder (68.24m), or
Abiodun Oyepitan, British
Olympic Silver and Gold
Medalist, or Christine
Ohuruogu, Beijing Olympic
British Gold
Medalist, or Eniola Aluko,
British Olympic
Female Football star, or
Temi Fagbenle British
Olympic Basketball queen,
or several other
thousands of British
citizens with Nigerian
connection who are
making the country proud.
Nigeria should just be left
out of this neo-
colonial agenda. Please
pass this on.
Nigerians are a great
people and they are
usually
positive additions to any
culture they join.
Proudly Naija.

most of the people you mentioned still retain their nigerian connection and international media do mention it. check their personal profile on wikipedia to confirm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temi_Fagbenle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Ohuruogu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eniola_Aluko
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiodun_Oyepitan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Agbonlahor

In as much as what the 2 micheals did was highly despicable, they remain natives of Nigeria and that cannot be taken away from them.
Remember the 2 Tsarnaev brothers were called chechnya despite the fact that they grew up and were radicalized in the U.S. The chechen govt didn't deny the boys they only deny any link btw chechnya and the act of terror.

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Flygerian1(m): 12:21pm On May 24, 2013
Brb.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by abes(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2013
alexis: You keep repeating yourself. In law - we look at the MOTIVE of why a crime was committed. We are interested in the REASON why something happened. Based on that, we know how to pass judgement.

I am repeating the same questions because you refuse to answer them.
It is a fact that there is a REASON/MOTIVE for every action. Now based on the REASONS/MOTIVES of both cases, answer these questions:

Why do you label one a terrorist and the other not a terrorist? (Answered)
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by laoma15(m): 12:30pm On May 24, 2013
Its high time Nigerians set their Values right. We hear the same story everyday. Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!!. Could it have been a curse? Anywhere you turn to its all negative thing about Nigeria both home and abroad. We need to go back to the drawing board as a Nation. If not Yahoo Yahoo boys, it will be suicide bombers or prostitution, drug peddling, Murder e.t.c. why so much emphasis on money in Nigeria? Are we the only poor nation on earth? This is the time for stringent Policy formulation by Nigeria Government. It is true that these folks are British citizen, but rememberer that they have Nigeria blood flowing in their veins. This is a shameful act that should be condemned by all and sundry. All that average Nigeria is concern about is to Build mansion, ride in a big car and have Naira to throw around. Is that what live is all about? Nigerians spend money like sand outside the country whenever they go shopping and the Nation is in shamble. No security, No Job. Where are we heading to as a nation? What future does our youths have? Selfishness and greed is the order of the day. This is common on our roads, dare to traffic and come rushing like mad people. blasting horns like crazy. Cant we think and act like a normal humans? where is love? what are the churches and mosques doing about the lost of value and morale decadence in the society? Nigerians THINK!!! Don't make the Whole world hate your people.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by lotannam: 12:31pm On May 24, 2013
4 Play:

Accusing? 2 Nigerians in broad daylight and in front of eye witnesses murdered a soldier and you are talking of an accusation as if their actions are unproven.

How are they Nigerians?
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:37pm On May 24, 2013
abes:
My judgments are not based on emotions

I meant, are you looking for an Answer or just making a Legal Point. are we looking at whether he is British or Nigerian or Whether a Crime has been committed by Who and Why.. I don't get you
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Noiseless2: 12:41pm On May 24, 2013
It is the sheer hypocrisy in some people to claim that those two boys Oluwatobi Adebowale and Adebalajo are not of nigerian origin when their names are clearly Yoruba.

I think what should be done here is to condemn this cowardice act instead of trying too hard to spin it as everything before it, the same way some people tried so hard to deny and spin the Farouk Abdulmutalab terrorist attack until the northern nigeria became awashed with boko haramers, a similar thing could happen in lagos and other southwest nigeria if people keep living in denial.

I hope my comment doesn't get deleted or my id gets banned as usual.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by alexis(m): 12:45pm On May 24, 2013
abes

I am repeating the same questions because you refuse to answer them.
It is a fact that there is a REASON/MOTIVE for every action. Now based on the REASONS/MOTIVES of both cases, answer these questions:

Again, it is not the case of the severity of the crime. It is the MOTIVATION BEHIND THE CRIME. Why did he kill an innocent man in the name of a god?

Yes - there is something called HATE crime, in case you don't know. If you attack someone because of their religious of sexual orientation - it is called a HATE crime. HATE crime is different from man-slaughter in that the MOTIVATION and INTENT are different

I told you, they are both terrorist. Maybe if you define who a terrorist is, it will help
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by adconline(m): 12:53pm On May 24, 2013
arcbabe: My thought is Iran is trying to portray nigerians as bad since the iranian man that was charged with importation of weapons into nigerian was sentence to jail in nigerian. These guys knowing fully well that they originated from nigeria were brainwashed and used to tarnish our image.

Keep blaming others but yourself. How is Iran connected to this story? How many terrorists has Iran produced this year? How many acts of terror have been perpetuated by Iranians in Nigeria this year? Keep living in denial until Boko Haram becomes your next door neighbor
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 24, 2013
The entire drama was organized, just like the US trick to control guns.
If you watch the video you will know the guy was saying what they told him to say .
A british born African decent with a strong british accent... saying...our land, our women, your government, etc...

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by OilSubsidy: 1:01pm On May 24, 2013
The more the British and other Western governments allow muslims to build mosques all over the place in their society, the more we will hear/see this type of brutality from the muslims. The Whites will never learn. They call it 'we are more civilized than them'. Fast-forward to the next 100 years, Islamization of Britain will be complete and the remaining infidels will just be wiped out or be converted by force. This is the end times playing itself out angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Plays Video Clips To Collaborate Evidence At Tribunal / Soku And Kula Oil: Wike And Dickson In Cold War / Enugu Airport Opening: Ugwuanyi Hosts Hadi Sirika And Authur Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.