Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades (17556 Views)

University Of Ibadan Expels 80 Students / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice / Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan: I can bet my cent that 50 percent of them are on Nairaland cool cool cool

Don't let Mr. Globe, Freewilly, Willy.Willy and Chino hear you calling them out o grin cheesy grin
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Yaungdee(m): 5:17pm On May 24, 2013
revolt: I'm an IMO star though the sorting epidermic is quite ubiquitous, but wht I detested most bout imsu was the infantile panache xhibited by bulk of the students! Its pertinent to note tht even in tht bad state they seem to be more learned and cleaner than those I met in UNAAB! Ojere! N evn OSu! Pls note I'm nt being sentimental! Tis the gospel truth! My babe gradged wif a 2.1 4rm one of them n I knw shell nt b gvn same in dead IMSU.
You've got a hole in ur brain, does meeting a student dat studies or graduated from osu establishes d fact dat everyoda student of osu has same features?
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Diasporan(m): 5:17pm On May 24, 2013
revolt: I'm an IMO star though the sorting epidermic is quite ubiquitous, but wht I detested most bout imsu was the infantile panache xhibited by bulk of the students! Its pertinent to note tht even in tht bad state they seem to be more learned and cleaner than those I met in UNAAB! Ojere! N evn OSu! Pls note I'm nt being sentimental! Tis the gospel truth! My babe gradged wif a 2.1 4rm one of them n I knw shell nt b gvn same in dead IMSU.
WTF is with your syntactical construction?

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by exbash: 5:18pm On May 24, 2013
pDude: pDude:

What language is this

He is their "Best graduating student with a GPA of 1.78"

3 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Rastamann: 5:18pm On May 24, 2013
Imsu is home to dummys! Sorting lecturers is just the way forward to most of them.
Universities in the north are way better than what is obtained in some schools in the east.

Sorting lecturers is predominant in 99.9% of tertiary institutions in Nigeria including the privately Christian owned universities, so the schools in the east should not be used as culprit.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 24, 2013
berem: Na my school you dey yab like this? wonderful! can you please point out any Nigerian government university that students does not sort? mtscheeew!

Architect Awuzie is now the acting VC? interesting!
Na lie oo Probitas Doctrina,Better By Far ,The University of Ilorin ........ would never do, nor tolerate such ....sorting ,runz (never found in any unilorite dictionary) !!!

IMSU sorting is the most sophisticated in Nigeria !!

till date my IMSU Grad fwend can never mention an endeavour without thinking about how to ''Runz'' it ....!!!.......I usually enjoy IMSU ''sorting'' spree as well as runz tales from him !!!

I swear to God, the dude told me He go runz Heaven shocked

IMSU Grads grin
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 24, 2013
good move by the VC....the man needs to be retained....let the rest of the students learn from the victims' experiences.....for the bigots who will insult imsu students, for your information there are students from other state who gain admission in imsu and start living reckless lives and stop studying..woe betide you if you say imo people are lazy at school.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by iykmilo: 5:20pm On May 24, 2013
Everybody must'nt be university graduate. 1.5 is too small to be an acceptable pass grade. Any body with such GP need to repeat until he gets better point or look for something else. It is these dummies that get appointment even befor graduation with their poor looking grade. One thing i know for sure is that until nigeria stick to one standard, we can't forward. Double standard cannot take us any where. We ve waec,neco,napeb and jamb. We have university, poly, and part time programs all to accommodate mediocres.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 24, 2013
berem: Na my school you dey yab like this? wonderful! can you please point out any Nigerian government university that students does not sort? mtscheeew!

Architect Awuzie is now the acting VC? interesting!
Not in all schools.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Seunolugbala: 5:21pm On May 24, 2013
Dose studnts shuld b held responsible 4 dia failure... I pity naija education
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by 2rutalk1: 5:22pm On May 24, 2013
I did not graduate from IMSU, but for those of you saying all manner of things about the school, always remember that in every school there are serious and unserious students. Also recall that a product of IMSU (A lady) was the best graduate of Nigerian Law School last year.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 24, 2013
exbash:

He is their "Best graduating student with a GPA of 1.78"

lmaoooooooooo...............
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by mayorbaron(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2013
The schl is so f**k*d up.. But their babes make sense die grin... But come o.. How person go D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ that kind schl still D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ get that kind GP.. Those people na confirm dummies
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 24, 2013
sandysprax:

Spot on! You lot are ignoring the substance and chasing shadows. The Acting VC who was a former ASUU chairman has taken a positive step, yet people are attacking the school instead of lauding his efforts at salvaging what is left of the institution. Anyone who attacks IMSU is indirectly attacking the whole Nigerian Universities cos they all have the same modus operandi or even worse.

The last time I checked, IMSU is the undisputed number one State University in Nigeria and 10th overall. Although i'm not sure where it currently stands.

...and YES! Lake Nwaebere is my Alma Mater, Thank You! tongue cheesy cheesy
Well Said bruh!
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by omiobo: 5:34pm On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin:
Swahili! Product of IMSU cheesy grin

gringringringrin I yam also a fruit of IMSU
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 24, 2013
In my Alma Mater, OAU, Ile-Ife, students have no option but to sit up or are shown Road One (i.e dismissed). The sight of students reading in the first week of resumption tells an unserious applicant that this place is not for him. Here you read to pass and read to fail.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by IMMUNO1(m): 5:39pm On May 24, 2013
It takes a well home bread student to survive the kind of life in Owerre as a youth. Oringo too much for Owerre pleas. This is just a reflection.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin:
Unseriouse students undecided

hohoho, the irony grin
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by fabolakers(m): 5:46pm On May 24, 2013
School is not easy and sometimes Lecturers makes it even Harder for the student. They Teach you A and give you B.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Youngpaperboy: 5:49pm On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin: Imsu is home to dummys! Sorting lecturers is just the way forward to most of them.
Universities in the north are way better than what is obtained in some schools in the east.
shut d f*ck up.whch skul did u atend? Show me d skul wher students dnt sort.am nt an imsu student mind u,bt all nigeria skuls have sm group of dommys among them.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Youngpaperboy: 5:54pm On May 24, 2013
pDude: I remember when Jamb was jamming me and I applied to this university. They sharpaly accepted me.

God bless my mum who persuaded me to reject the offer and do Jamb again.
u be grade A liar.i swear,u no fit reject admission frm imsu or Esut.u de madt? Go tell ur cheap lies 2 sm street kids.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Ndjones(m): 5:55pm On May 24, 2013
pDude: I remember when Jamb was jamming me and I applied to this university. They sharpaly accepted me.

God bless my mum who persuaded me to reject the offer and do Jamb again.
U are a pathetic liar. Oh! Gosh ur lie stings
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Youngpaperboy: 5:57pm On May 24, 2013
odiman: Let other schools emulate from this VC, is a welcome development in the right direction
no skul is different frm imsu..jst dat d senate decided 2 put a stop 2 such grade in their skul.imsu should bd grateful 2 such vc and senate.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by tspun(m): 5:59pm On May 24, 2013
come to delta state poly. Ozoro na there u go no say sorting get grade.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 24, 2013
Rastamann:

Sorting lecturers is predominant in 99.9% of tertiary institutions in Nigeria including the privately Christian owned universities, so the schools in the east should not be used as culprit.

come to FUTO, CIVIL ENGINEERING OR MME DEPARTMENT and sort naa....na direct exit be that for u oooh
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 24, 2013
Funny enough, I have a couple of friends (and sweethearts) that graduated from IMSU, and they are all quite bright, articulate, and enlightened. Based on my personal experience, I would have sworn that IMSU was one of the best - if not the best - state-owned university in Nigeria. Their graduates certainly make a better impression than their counterparts from the likes of LASU and OOU.

I wouldn't be too quick to change my opinion about IMSU because a couple of blockheads were expelled. After all, every school has a sizable number of such intellectually deficient characters.

3 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 24, 2013
u must be high on weed by comparing imsu with unab

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 24, 2013
sandysprax:

Spot on! You lot are ignoring the substance and chasing shadows. The Acting VC who was a former ASUU chairman has taken a positive step, yet people are attacking the school instead of lauding his efforts at salvaging what is left of the institution. Anyone who attacks IMSU is indirectly attacking the whole Nigerian Universities cos they all have the same modus operandi or even worse.

The last time I checked, IMSU is the undisputed number one State University in Nigeria and 10th overall. Although i'm not sure where it currently stands.

...and YES! Lake Nwaebere is my Alma Mater, Thank You! tongue cheesy cheesy
lwtmb check the list again u check it last in 1999 wtf imsu no 1 state university in nigeria this must be the joke of the year
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by boron10(m): 6:13pm On May 24, 2013
IMMUNO1: It takes a well home bread student to survive the kind of life in Owerre as a youth. Oringo too much for Owerre pleas. This is just a reflection.
Guy na so you like food?
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 24, 2013
This is not a news.. Futo my alma mater have been implementing this for decades. Futo will expell you if you fail to meet a fixed academic standard.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by destino24(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2013
Young paper boy: u be grade A liar.i swear,u no fit reject admission frm imsu or Esut.u de madt? Go tell ur cheap lies 2 sm street kids.

no just put ESUT for this whole joke, abeg...
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by gratiaeo(m): 6:31pm On May 24, 2013
VC why nah?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools / Otedola Donates N2 Billion To Catholic's Augustine University, Lagos / FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.