Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades (17563 Views)

University Of Ibadan Expels 80 Students / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice / Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Onyegecha(f): 6:45pm On May 24, 2013
While he is at it, i will like the prof to beam the light on the teaching staff of the institution because most of the lecturers are also half (or even quarter)- baked. It takes a half-baked teacher to produce a half-baked student.
It is a known fact that for most lecturers in Nigeria, and especially IMSU, their main job is to sell hand-outs and plagiarized books to unwilling students as well as receive sorting money. Let the cleansing start from the top, then i will say kudos to the good Prof.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by samilo88(m): 6:48pm On May 24, 2013
Ola Johnson: In my Alma Mater, OAU, Ile-Ife, students have no option but to sit up or are shown Road One (i.e dismissed). The sight of students reading in the first week of resumption tells an unserious applicant that this place is not for him. Here you read to pass and read to fail.
OAU! I like you guys. Always quick to paint a picture of how serious minded most students in your school are. I'll tell you that 40 percent of students in nigerian universities don't know the reason why they are in school. unseriousness amongst students is common in all nigerian university, so don't try to exonorate OAU.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Tycoon4(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2013
You all should chill and not cast stones in a hurry. Majority of people bashing these students probably didn't attend a university. While, its a sad thing that students nowadays find it difficult to face their education with proper zeal and drive, we should not forget that not all of them actually like their courses of study. Regardless, a GP of 1.0 is very small for someone in his/her finals.

Also, instead of applauding the effort of the prof. Some people went off point by tongue-lasHing graduates of certain schools.

A piece of advice; because you were lucky enough not to have your cGPA broadcasted like this, does not give you right to ridicule these people.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 24, 2013
berem: Na my school you dey yab like this? wonderful! can you please point out any Nigerian government university that STUDENTS DOES NOT sort? mtscheeew!

Architect Awuzie is now the acting VC? interesting!
Hope u didn't sort ur way out either? Na simple Yes or No question i ask b4 u go attack me oh

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by modestdude(m): 6:54pm On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin: Imsu is home to dummys! Sorting lecturers is just the way forward to most of them.
Universities in the north are way better than what is obtained in some schools in the east.
you must be cr*zy, look at this retardeen speaking against IMSU. You in particular can't stand an IMSU graduate academically, creatively, in reasoning And in survival instincts. Your Law faculty And its products can't stand IMSU law faculty And her breed of learned gentlemen. AM PROUD OF MY ALMA MATER...get it stuck into your head
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by ijplus: 6:55pm On May 24, 2013
Let them go and write another jamb, so that they would sit up and know why the are in school. Olodos
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by ConcernMan: 6:57pm On May 24, 2013
2ru-talk:
I did not graduate from IMSU, but for those of you saying all manner of things about the school, always remember that in every school there are serious and unserious students. Also recall that a product of IMSU (A lady) was the best graduate of Nigerian Law School last year.

I wish to let Nairalanders know that the best female graduate of the Nigeria Law School in 2010/2011 session by name theodora Elendu finished from the school. Also the Best overall Male Student in the Nigeria Law school in 2011/2012 session by name Kema Cosmos Chinedu also finished from the school. Kema also took the award for the overall best graduating student with Damilola Otedola. This is IMSU bagging award of excellence back to back.
So the fact that some students of the school have chosen to be unserious does not by that mere incident make all of them unserious.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by boron10(m): 6:58pm On May 24, 2013
click2cbn: Hope u didn't sort ur way out either? Na simple Yes or No question i ask b4 u go attack me oh
Make i hear say she nor sort. Na she be chief sorting officer.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 24, 2013
destino24:

no just put ESUT for this whole joke, abeg...
IMSU is by far better than ESUT.. A school that produces illiterate corpers.. ...Great.. ..FUTOITE..
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by bigfrancis21: 7:02pm On May 24, 2013
pro01: Funny enough, I have a couple of friends (and sweethearts) that graduated from IMSU, and they are all quite bright, articulate, and enlightened. Based on my personal experience, I would have sworn that IMSU was one of the best - if not the best - state-owned university in Nigeria. Their graduates certainly make a better impression than their counterparts from the likes of LASU and OOU.

I wouldn't be too quick to change my opinion about IMSU because a couple of blockheads were expelled. After all, every school has a sizable number of such intellectually deficient characters.

That's true. Every school has a little number of less-than-average students. In my undergraduate school, UNN, we have a little number of them there. We had more of them during VC Mbanefo's time. Before Nebo came in in 2005, geez!, you needed to see the great amount of overstays thronging up and down the streets of UNN. Their population was approximately equal to the number of legal undergraduates. These overstays were mostly mature men and women in their late 20s, most of which sorted their way through in JAMB only to land in school only to get stuck. You know those earlier school days before the invention of post-ume. Many didn't know what they came to school for. But as VC Nebo entered, the first thing he did was to pass and flush all of them out. UNN then became highly decongested. The next thing he did was to call for the post-ume exam. UNN was the first university in Nigeria to introduce post-ume. That was in 2005. The post-ume further helped to sieve out the truly bright students from the whole lot of Jambites. The incidences of someone with 300 in JAMB coming to POST JAMB only to score less than 100 were common. Of course, they were students who sorted their way through in JAMB. Over the course of 8 years, almost everybody in UNN is above average academically. Just a few are the less-average. Sorting is almost non-existent in UNN save for a very few lecturers that sort secretly on a minimal scale (they'll sort 5-10 persons and stop for risk of getting exposed). The current VC of UNN is a very strict man and doesn't take the cases of lecturer's malpractices lightly. In UNN now, everybody reads. Even the system guys read too. UNN is currently a school where you'll meet system guys struggling for seats with you at night classes. shocked

On a more serious note the incidence of sorting in IMSU is quite rampant. Sure there are the serious ones but their percentage is small compared to those that sort their ways through.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Tzzyer(m): 7:08pm On May 24, 2013
i'm beginninq to h8 dt school.........is b/c they admit olodo's
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Vonwolf(m): 7:09pm On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin: Imsu is home to dummys! Sorting lecturers is just the way forward to most of them.
Universities in the north are way better than what is obtained in some schools in the east

Holyvirgin you are just a stupid fellow who does not understand simple English and I pity your parents for the wasted resources. As a graduate of Imsu I have worked with people from different schools and to be candid with you, they can't match my standard.They were expelled for low grade and in earnest there is no school both home and abroad you can't find dull students but the school here is taking a bold step as a paradigm for other citadels of learning. If you are ignorant don't show it in public okay?
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Tycoon4(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2013
Tzzyer: i'm beginninq to h8 dt school.........is b/c they admit olodo's

Yet they didn't admit you, hmm!
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Vonwolf(m): 7:12pm On May 24, 2013
Universities in the north are way better than what is obtained in some schools in the east

Holyvirgin you are just a stupid fellow who does not understand simple English and I pity your parents for the wasted resources. As a graduate of Imsu I have worked with people from different schools and to be candid with you, they can't match my standard.They were expelled for low grade and in earnest there is no school both home and abroad you can't find dull students but the school here is taking a bold step as a paradigm for other citadels of learning. If you are ignorant don't show it in public okay?
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by jay2k(m): 7:43pm On May 24, 2013
Universities in the north are way better than what is obtained in some schools in the east.
dats a false assumption dude
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 24, 2013
destino24:

no just put ESUT for this whole joke, abeg...
What about the ESUT FOUR.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 24, 2013
samilo88:
OAU! I like you guys. Always quick to paint a picture of how serious minded most students in your school are. I'll tell you that 40 percent of students in nigerian universities don't know the reason why they are in school. unseriousness amongst students is common in all nigerian university, so don't try to exonorate OAU.
Go do your research.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by drtwist(m): 8:03pm On May 24, 2013
berem: Na my school you dey yab like this? wonderful! can you please point out any Nigerian government university that students does not sort? mtscheeew!

so even with sorting dey still can't cross 1.5 in thier.....
d university should be closed down.....
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Odunharry(m): 8:08pm On May 24, 2013
2ru-talk:
I did not graduate from IMSU, but for those of you saying all manner of things about the school, always remember that in every school there are serious and unserious students. Also recall that a product of IMSU (A lady) was the best graduate of Nigerian Law School last year.
u r funi....go law school and ask about lasu law student.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by avalontony(m): 8:11pm On May 24, 2013
Young paper boy: shut d f*ck up.whch skul did u atend? Show me d skul wher students dnt sort.am nt an imsu student mind u,bt all nigeria skuls have sm group of dommys among them.
dude northern universities hardly sort anyone, i did not buy books and hand-outs from lecturers, so if u dont knw anytin abt northern university just pocket ur mouth.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Odunharry(m): 8:12pm On May 24, 2013
ayswags: lwtmb check the list again u check it last in 1999 wtf imsu no 1 state university in nigeria this must be the joke of the year
no mind dat guy jo...where u go put lasu,osu?make him go check ranking 4 past 5yrs
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by avalontony(m): 8:14pm On May 24, 2013
northern universities are cheap and you can hardly hear abt sorting and the rest, but sometimes religious sentiments comes into play!!!..........i enjoyed my studies in Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi........i am a proud balewite!!!!
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Odunharry(m): 8:15pm On May 24, 2013
modestdude: you must be cr*zy, look at this retardeen speaking against IMSU. You in particular can't stand an IMSU graduate academically, creatively, in reasoning And in survival instincts. Your Law faculty And its products can't stand IMSU law faculty And her breed of learned gentlemen. AM PROUD OF MY ALMA MATER...get it stuck into your head
did u study law?ask others who did abt lasu students in the law sch
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Odunharry(m): 8:17pm On May 24, 2013
ConcernMan:

I wish to let Nairalanders know that the best female graduate of the Nigeria Law School in 2010/2011 session by name theodora Elendu finished from the school. Also the Best overall Male Student in the Nigeria Law school in 2011/2012 session by name Kema Cosmos Chinedu also finished from the school. Kema also took the award for the overall best graduating student with Damilola Otedola. This is IMSU bagging award of excellence back to back.
So the fact that some students of the school have chosen to be unserious does not by that mere incident make all of them unserious.
4 aw long bro?go ask others abt lasu law student...
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by ElCaballa(m): 8:20pm On May 24, 2013
It should be more than 60 na.Believe me,the present crop of students we have in IMSU are not serious.I thank God i did not depend on those sorting lecturers for my good grades.Even though i was sometimes forced to sort,i never stopped short of preparing myself for posterity while at the university.
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by desertboom(m): 8:39pm On May 24, 2013
what fuc*k! Why were they unable to sort since sorting is rampant in the institution according to peeps here.
You'll need to stop the holier than thou attitude. Many Nigerians are always known by exonerating themself and puting down others to sound impressive and important.
You, I mean you that is bad mouthing IMSU graduate are you better off? Or you just want to let your voice and opinion count.
The best can always come from anywhere, Haters go to hell. . .
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by charles0922(m): 9:13pm On May 24, 2013
. Not true bro,I serve wit them during my service year many can't alter one gud sentence
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by switdick(m): 9:16pm On May 24, 2013
The degree of IMSU criticism here on this thread by Posters Just goes to Show that "Empty Vessel" makes the loudest noise.........

Imo State as a Whole is Known For its ambiance of Literacy and an Embodiment of Enlightened Indigenous Groups Of Peeps...

The Acting VC ratified something talked about on many Nigerian Uni's But Never really implemented and Now Posters here are saying the east this, the students are dummies that" and all sorts of Uncouth and discouraging stuff.....

Where in the world dont they have Less than average students with poor grade points let alone Nigerian Universities ??

My God!!!

Is this not suppose to be a good thing coming From the State Uni ,encouraging students to further study hard so as to pick brains with better grades as proof ??

Just because some students were expelled via Results broadcast ,which by the way,not many 9ja Uni's do, doesn't mean the School is poor in standard but rather high in it !!....smh"

I think we Should be applauding them rather than causing a False Stereotype that the school breeds dummies...

Abi don't they also have brilliant Students ?
Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by muredo(m): 9:25pm On May 24, 2013
berem: Na my school you dey yab like this? wonderful! can you please point out any Nigerian government university that students does not sort? mtscheeew!

Am sorry to interrupt o,NOT POSSIBLE HERE IN FUNAAB, and if you think am lying,ask around or try it yourself
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by krisokuweh(m): 9:27pm On May 24, 2013
A Uk used Bold 4 25k, Bold 2 22k, if u re interested call 08032332915 or add me let's talk 25F24BFB. Lag all d way. If dey can't read let dem learn mechanic, abi na by force 2 go skul. Dull brains
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by desertboom(m): 9:36pm On May 24, 2013
muredo: Am sorry to interrupt o,NOT POSSIBLE HERE IN FUNAAB, and if you think am lying,ask around or try it yourself

Since you're quoting her. Where is it possible? It is possible in IMSU yet students are failing out, who wouldn't like to have a good CGPA? Who wants to go back home? Is it that people can't read any longer? Can someone answer me? If bribe is rampant why didn't this student bribe their way to secure a common 1.5 GP for an academic session? Why?
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Chillypelly(m): 9:56pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

LMAOOOOOO!!!!! Many of them will make good drug dealers or bricklayers.

Tell me more jare

Just as i expected of a retired love peddler.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Otedola Donates N2 Billion To Catholic's Augustine University, Lagos / FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) / Admission In Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.