Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr (5900 Views)

Amaechi Loses His Temper On A LoveFM Presenter Who Exposed His Hipocrisy / See The Ranking Of Governors Based On Their Perfomance So Far And Add Yours / Meet The Wives Of Governors In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by finebadtboy(m): 7:34pm On May 24, 2013
Some Nigeria youths are truly semi-educated illiterate. When the news broke out that Amaechi had lost, they all came here calling him names for 'daring to challenge to the president'. Now that Amaechi has won nobody is saying anything.

It's quite funny but it is very easy to rule Nigeria forever with these kind of youths who are not objective in their sense of reasoning The other day they were paid to 'holding a peaceful protest' asking Amaechi to resign. On what bases?

The youths cry out for unemployment but they are always ready tools for the politicians to use to service their selfish ambition which the always agree. It's a pity but with these kind of mindset and comments I read here on Nairaland, it will take a century for things to change because the people can be easily manipulated with money, religious and ethnic sentiments.

Food for thought, why is Jonathan scared of Amaechi? SMH for so called Nigerian Youths.
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by EkoIle1: 7:35pm On May 24, 2013

NEWS FLASH! DAVID BEATS GOLIATH AGAIN AS GOV AMAECHI FLOORS JONATHAN
PRESIDENT JONATHAN FALL YAKATA FOR GROUND OH, AMAECHI COME DEY DO KELEWAWA KELEWAWA KELEWA.

When a mans end has come, no amount of intrigue, abrakadaba, muscling, bulldozing and intimidation will save him.
Today, Amaechi has set the pace and proven that an incumbent can be beaten hands down. Kudos to the opposition APC governors and many of the PDP governors today that has indicated interest to join APC. When the whistle is blown, you will know what is remaining in PDP. The victory has started. Oga Jona! How far?

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by malc619(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2013
Where is Mr. LostHope..??

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by EkoIle1: 7:39pm On May 24, 2013
malc619: Where is Mr. LostHope..??

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Den dey receive lying and talking points from Aso Rock Laptop department of misinformation and propaganda.

They'll show up very soon with their talking points... just wait.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by Gamji007: 7:41pm On May 24, 2013
Maxymilliano: This is a good signal emanating from the NGF.

and to all the media house fabricating lies on how GEJ is bent on forcing Shema or Yuguda on the governors, God pass una.

And to Amaechi, pride goes before a fall'..

*hope your eyes don clear now*

On behalf of Hon.Rotimi Amaechi, I say Back to Sender tongue

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by EkoIle1: 7:42pm On May 24, 2013
hardywaltz: Ameachi - 1 2

Vs

GEJ, Tukur, Anenih, NCAA, NAMA, PDP, Nigeria Police, Akpabio, Wike, Stella Oduah, Jang and other unseen forces - 0

Ameachi declared winner.

Ameachi - 2

Jonathan - o

You left this out...Grounded Rivers Aircraft: Reps Clear Amaechi And Indict NCAA, NAMA…Say Aircraft Belongs to Rivers State

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 24, 2013
I know this would happened!!!

NCAA backdown;
NPF Apologised;
Now NGF crowned him !!!

Politics!!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by Garrithe1st: 7:46pm On May 24, 2013
Congrats to Amaechi!!

A truly dogged fighter. If only you were in Aso Rock instead of the tadpole called "Ebele". Can't wait for 2015 when GEJ will receive the final bulldozing!!

cool

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by eagleeye2: 7:47pm On May 24, 2013
Abeg abeg.... MOD, Super MOD...... Front page please I beg you.
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by Gamji007: 7:48pm On May 24, 2013
The beginning of the End of Jonathan!

cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by EkoIle1: 7:49pm On May 24, 2013
donroxy: I know this would happened!!!

NCAA backdown;
NPF Apologised;
Now NGF crowned him !!!

Politics!!!

NCAA backdown;
NPF Apologised;
Now NGF crowned him !!!
GEJ sends official PDP delegation to gloss over things with Ameachi!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by lagcity(m): 7:52pm On May 24, 2013
See as dem dey play Jona like futbol. Chai, PDP governors wicked ooo grin grin After collecting Ghana-must-go from the otuoke champion.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by EkoIle1: 7:53pm On May 24, 2013
lagcity: See as dem dey play Jona like futbol. Chai, PDP governors wicked ooo grin grin After collecting Ghana-must-go from the otuoke champion.

lmaoo...
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by eagleeye2: 7:53pm On May 24, 2013
He who laughs Last.......... Conratz Amaechi.
GEJ, there are things that you cannot win through the "force of might". GEJ, is gradually turning into something else..... the ones shoeless youth.
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by ckkris: 7:55pm On May 24, 2013
Gamji007: The beginning of the End of Jonathan!

cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Not at all.
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by favouredseed(f): 7:55pm On May 24, 2013
Amaechi, U are too proud, talk talk, serves u right jare
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by ckkris: 7:57pm On May 24, 2013
eagle,eye:
He who laughs Last.
Jona will surely LAUGH LAST.
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by figment232(m): 7:57pm On May 24, 2013
False alarm d election has nt started
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by EkoIle1: 7:59pm On May 24, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by ochukoccna: 7:59pm On May 24, 2013
The beginning of the end of the reign of the shoeless clueless one
He who has ears,let him hear
He who has eyes,remove your sunshades cool
Its 8 o'clock at night cheesy
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 24, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ameachi - 2 3

Jonathan - o

You left this out...Grounded Rivers Aircraft: Reps Clear Amaechi And Indict NCAA, NAMA…Say Aircraft Belongs to Rivers State

ameachi - 3

Jonathan - 0

and you come forget say police go kneel beg d governor

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by ZUBY77(m): 8:03pm On May 24, 2013
Whether Amechi wins or not, Jonathan is staying in Aso Rock beyond 2018.
Amechi is not the most popular Politician in South South. It is GEJ. Amechi's victory means nothing to the entire South East, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Delta and Even Edo... Ileke Idi and Dayokanu and other super Yoruba lovers? Does Amechi's victory mean anything to you guys in the SW? Naa, i dont think so..
Amechi chose a very wrong time to contest for vice president, a time when his close brother GEJ is the president who also wants to return in 2015. Half of rivers state would naturally prefer a President from Neighbouring tribe/state to a VP from Rivers...
I dont hate Amechi or love GEJ but i am sure GEJ and Amechi must have discussed this before Amechi refused.. So the 10th law of power applies here.
''Crush the opponent totally because if you spare him, he might come back for you''

I dont know about you but i am voting GEJ in 2015 even though i am not PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by phapi(m): 8:07pm On May 24, 2013
Congratulations to Governor Chibuike 'Rotimi Amaechi on his re-election as Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum! Pressy GEJ, Gov Akpabio, Bamanga Tukur and their cohorts should go n bury their heads in dung. Shame on u all. Once more Congratulations to
Governor Amaechi. 3 Gbosa for the Governors
GOVERNOR. I doff my hat for that guy's resilience.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by mhm(m): 8:11pm On May 24, 2013
not that I really like Rotimi Amaechi but the strategy from the GEJ team was just low and dirty haba! in this day and age, just further confirmation that Aso Rock is beyond him (and his team of advisers)
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by tomakint: 8:12pm On May 24, 2013
ZUBY77: Whether Amechi wins or not, Jonathan is staying in Aso Rock beyond 2018.
Amechi is not the most popular Politician in South South. It is GEJ. Amechi's victory means nothing to the entire South East, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Delta and Even Edo... Ileke Idi and Dayokanu and other super Yoruba lovers? Does Amechi's victory mean anything to you guys in the SW? Naa, i dont think so..
Amechi chose a very wrong time to contest for vice president, a time when his close brother GEJ is the president who also wants to return in 2015. Half of rivers state will naturally prefer a President from Neighbouring tribe/state to a VP from Rivers...
I dont hate Amechi or love GEJ but i am sure GEJ and Amechi must have discussed this before Amechi refused.. So the 10th law of power applies here.
''Crush the opponent totally because if you spare him, he might come back for you''

I dont know about you but i am voting GEJ in 2015 even though i am not PDP.
Seems you just got the game plan, Amaechi's victory will bring him on a head-on collision with Jonathan's ambition which may eventually affect Amaechi's influence and political relevance in SS, SE and would likely make Jonathan to be wiser, which is good! 2015 on my mind cool

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by osifred(m): 8:19pm On May 24, 2013
Amaechi 3points

Gej 0 point
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 24, 2013
Not yet uhuru for Amaechi?

Breaking: Akpabio, Mimiko, others reject Amaechi’s victory, allege rigging

The Rivers Governor defeated his opponent by 19 to 16 votes.

Some governors on Friday evening rejected the re-election of Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers as the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum, NGF.

The governors, led by Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, claim Mr. Amaechi’s election held earlier was rigged.

Addressing the press at the end of an emergency meeting at the Akwa Ibom Government House in Abuja, Mr. Akpabio, leading Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo, Peter Obi of Anambra, and others, said the ballot papers used for the election were not serialized thus allowing for manipulation.

They said they would not recognise Mr. Amaechi’s victory and would instead recognise Mr. Amaechi’s challenger, Jonah Jang of Plateau, as the Governors Forum chairman

Mr. Amaechi defeated Mr. Jang by 19 votes to 16 on Friday at the election held at the Rivers State Government House.

The Presidency and the Peoples Democratic Party leadership had opposed Mr. Amaechi’s re-election with the PDP Board of Trustees Chairman, Tony Anenih, claiming the NGF had been hijacked by the opposition.

Source
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by phantom(m): 8:26pm On May 24, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.........i said it before and i ll say it again....jonathan no sabi play politics!amaechi is too f**king intelligent for him.amaechi is definitely not one you want in the opposing camp.
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by Gamji007: 8:26pm On May 24, 2013
tomakint:
Seems you just got the game plan, Amaechi's victory will bring him on a head-on collision with Jonathan's ambition which may eventually affect Amaechi's influence and political relevance in SS, SE and would likely make Jonathan to be wiser, which is good! 2015 on my mind cool

What is this one saying?

Jona will soon loose relevance in the SS except in the state that produces the highest number of clueless people- Bayelsa.

Amaechi is the new champion of South South tongue
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by eggheaders(m): 8:28pm On May 24, 2013
our inhouse gej a55 lickers must be on vacation. y'all nitwit should come here and defend your god the retardino. this is just a prelude of 2015. otueke straight for the ret.arded fellow maybe from there to kirikiri. y'all will be so loyal to go keep him company in the penitentiary.
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 24, 2013
Re: Amaechi loses bid to return as Governor of Governors - Newsexpressngr by EkoIle1: 8:30pm On May 24, 2013
ZUBY77: a time when his close brother GEJ is the president who also wants to return in 2015

Which kain broda dey stab pesin for back?

Which kain broda dey witch hunt pesin all over the place?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“we Want Biafra!”, Rivers People Disgrace Wike In P/H (video) HAPPENING NOW / Videos: Fani-kayode’s Estranged Wife Of Four Kids, Twerking On The Streets / Reno Omokri: Lai Mohammed & The APC Are Uncommonly Gifted Liars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.