Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum (21812 Views)

Northern Nigeria Governors Endorse Action Against Shiites / Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by earthgreeners(m): 7:38pm On May 24, 2013
Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State has won re-election as the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum defeating his opponent Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State by 3 votes.

Mr. Amaechi won 19 votes from the 35 governors present, while Mr. Jang, a late entrant to the competition garnered 16 votes. The governor of Gombe state was absent.

source
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/24/amaechi-re-elected-as-chairman-of-nigeria-governors-forum/

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Ramcie(f): 7:57pm On May 24, 2013
I Dunno why but I like this gringringringringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by earthgreeners(m): 8:00pm On May 24, 2013
Front page please, This is an interesting news
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 24, 2013
Sometimes I just stare at my network speed and try to give it moral support.

Me: yea! You can do it. Sh1t I came 3rd once again.
. tongue

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by earthgreeners(m): 8:00pm On May 24, 2013
Ramcie: I Dunno why but I like this gringringringringringrin

Same here. Amaechi can surely win this battle......

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by lyricalpontiff(m): 8:04pm On May 24, 2013
Congratulations 2 d governor of all governors...front page plsssssss

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by lawbabs: 8:08pm On May 24, 2013
this is sweet. Goodluck should see the handwriting on the wall. 2015 will be tough for PDP.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:15pm On May 24, 2013
Thumbs up to GEJ. This result once again shows that GEJ is the most democratic president we've had since Lord Lugard.

God bless GEJ!

20 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by gbame(m): 8:17pm On May 24, 2013
Congratulations!!! I hope he is man enough to face the consequences. shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by seunfly: 8:21pm On May 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Thumbs up to GEJ. This result once again shows that GEJ is the most democratic president we've had since Lord Lugard.

God bless GEJ!
and what will u say when u hear what Akpabio is saying about the election disqulification and why he disregard the election claiming jona jang is the chairman.
Will u still consider it democratic despite d fact that gej camp went and forge a document to disqulify mr Ameachi's election?

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by lawbabs: 8:29pm On May 24, 2013
GEJ wanted Ameachi out. He put Akpabio to be PDP Gov Forum chairman to endorse Yuguda of Bauchi. The northern governors prevailed and endorsed a weaker Jang of Plateau to contest against Amaechi. Ameachi won by 19 votes to 16 votes of Jang. What does that tell you. GEJ has no ally in South West and the core North. His allies are only in the South South and South East. Trust me, it gives you a glimse at 2015 and where lies the strength of APC (the new opposition frontier). I am sure Aso Rock is in disarray now.

My opinion is that when opposition unite, they can cause major havoc for the ruling party.

Read below

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/128589-despite-pdps-noise-amaechi-will-win-re-election-as-governors-forum-chairman-fayemi.html
Despite PDP’s ‘noise’, Amaechi will win re-election as Governors’ Forum Chairman- Fayemi
Oti Omatsone
Published: April 8,2013

Governor Kayode Fayemi
The two men were in Ekiti State together.
The Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, gave an insight into the political machinations going on among the 36 state governors, when he declared on Saturday that the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, will be re-elected as chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, NGF.
Mr. Fayemi said this in Ikogosi-Ekiti on Saturday at a symposium organised The Future Awards with the theme “Project 2015: the character of our involvement.”
Mr. Amaechi has become unpopular with the presidency and the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party over his stance on major national issues.
The Rivers State Governor’s influence was said to have troubled the presidency into forming the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Governors Forum, with a more malleable governor, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, as chairman.
The first meeting of the PDP Governors Forum was, however, boycotted by some of the party’s governors including Mr. Amaechi; with some sending their deputies, and others abstaining completely.
Why they don’t want me
Mr. Amaechi, who was at the Ekiti program along with Mr. Fayemi, gave an insight into why the presidency is uncomfortable with him.
He said the problem comes from his public stance against the corruption in the petrol subsidy payments and the use of money meant for all tiers of government to pay for subsidy.
“Governors are not opposed to fuel subsidy, governors are just frustrated about the corruption in it,” he said. “They balloon the figures.”
“It is one reason they (the presidency) don’t want me as governor’s chairman,” the Rivers Governor told the audience largely made up of youth from across Nigeria.
He’ll remain in office
PREMIUM TIMES had reported on plans to remove Mr. Amaechi as NGF chairman before the last meeting held earlier in the year.
At the end of the meeting, the governors, after intense power play, agreed to retain Mr. Amaechi as chairman, until his tenure ends in May.
The Rivers Governor is, however, eligible for a second term as governor; and his Ekiti counterpart, a member of the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria, said he will be re-elected.
“Forget the noise you are hearing out there, when election (for Governors’ Forum Chairman) comes, you will see,” Mr. Fayemi said assuring that Mr. Amaechi will be re-elected.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by otokx(m): 9:30pm On May 24, 2013
Congratulations Golden governor.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by shaqhead: 9:41pm On May 24, 2013
Amaechi 2
Camp GEJ 0...lets c hw d cookie crumbles!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by lookmangiw(m): 9:43pm On May 24, 2013
and he floors the retardeen again

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by earthgreeners(m): 9:59pm On May 24, 2013
gbame: Congratulations!!! I hope he is man enough to face the consequences. shocked shocked shocked

What consequences?, would you mind explaining.....
I guess Amaechi was able to pull his crowd from SW and North

19 votes - 5 SW + 12 N + 1SS

considering the Gov of Gombe was absent...

This goes a long way to show how APC could destroy PDP in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Rhino5dm: 10:03pm On May 24, 2013
[size=48pt] Sai Ameachi!!!! [/size] cool
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by fkaz(m): 10:03pm On May 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Thumbs up to GEJ. This result once again shows that GEJ is the most democratic president we've had since Lord Lugard.

God bless GEJ!

Stop Fooooolin your self

26 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by DJDOLA(m): 10:07pm On May 24, 2013
Why is dat anything in lindaikeji blog must be on nairaland
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by maclatunji: 10:08pm On May 24, 2013

God bless GEJ!

Big lie! Team #GEJ got beat and they are crying foul. Governors Godswill Akpabio and Jonah Jang have rejected the results.

GEJ should really stop being petty and desperate about 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by mascot87(m): 10:10pm On May 24, 2013
Congratulation GEJ on the successful election that brought u in for another 4 years in office as d grand chief commander of the federal republic of Naijeria. grin

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by DeCleff(m): 10:10pm On May 24, 2013
The power of truth has prevaild.

Where is thelastpope aka thelosthope?
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by timpaker(m): 10:12pm On May 24, 2013

I wonder what GEJ would be thinking now despite all effort to frustrate Amaechi, yet he prevails again. #thumbsup
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by earthgreeners(m): 10:12pm On May 24, 2013
DJDOLA: Why is dat anything in lindaikeji blog must be on nairaland

sorry, what is lindaikeji? A person, animal, place or thing?...abeg face the topic or just park well..

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Uclloyd28(m): 10:12pm On May 24, 2013
Get the whole truth @ OP

The house is divided. Akpabio Showed A Document with 19 signature of 19 governors voting for Gov Jang. Take it from me, Amaeachi is making a mistake, you don't fight with a sitting president. U will def lose.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Katier00(f): 10:13pm On May 24, 2013
i love d feeling , bodi jus dey do me yori yori, congrats, who god has bless let no man ......
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by HAH: 10:15pm On May 24, 2013
This is the second time GEJ will be defeated first was tambuwals election. The grand finale of his defeat will be in 2015

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by KwoiZabo(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2013
Well Amaechi or opposition can do whatever but our warning to Amaechi is that if anytin shld happen 2 GEJ or our presidency come 2015 we'll send him on exile. Period

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 24, 2013
This shows that GEJ does not witch-hunt anybody in this country. He is a very humble fellow that understands the need for every Nigerian to be happy. He doesn't rig election,he doesn't loot money and above all he allowed Buhari to walk around with ease despite his ungodly utrances and the wicked actions of his boko haram boys. GEj 2015! Fresh water for the Masses

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by An0nimus: 10:16pm On May 24, 2013
DJDOLA: Why is dat anything in lindaikeji blog must be on nairaland
lol you noticed toogrin
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Rhino5dm: 10:16pm On May 24, 2013
Uclloyd28: Get the whole truth @ OP

The house is divided. Akpabio Showed A Document with 19 signature of 19 governors voting for Gov Jang. Take it from me, Amaeachi is making a mistake, you don't fight with a sitting president. U will def lose.

[img]http://grandrants.files./2010/09/gop-sore-loser.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by talksankey: 10:17pm On May 24, 2013
E don win.dancinf alingo hahaha
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by talksankey: 10:17pm On May 24, 2013
E don win.dancing alingo hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ADAMAWA GUBER: PDP Governors Plot Against Ribadu / Kwankwaso Denies Dumping APC, Accuses Ganduje, Atiku Of Plotting New Party / Bauchi: INEC To Proceed With Supplementary Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.