Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,661 members, 7,823,876 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering (16204 Views)

Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. / Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary / Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot @ AU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by DisGuy: 9:05pm On May 25, 2013
Chubhie: Am more intrested with his reasons for not showing up.

well it's been several hours now and no official statement, goes to show they dont give a damn!

they are probably hoping no one will mention it back in naija

it was very obvious as NTA didnt even show his cowboy hat

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 25, 2013
Common you guys.Take it easy with our president.

I just spoke with him and he told me it was a hangover from the last night parry(not to mention that Kenyan waist breaker babe)
So no cause for Alarm.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by victorv12(m): 9:23pm On May 25, 2013
It's so unfortunate that our president is not articulate enough to address the union. Did you guys see Obasanjo's expression when other leaders were addressing the union? He was staring up and looking disappointed. We shouldn't blame these failure on governors forum election, our dear president doesn't know what to say!
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by negosus: 9:31pm On May 25, 2013
I only hope that it is not true!
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Gbawe: 9:36pm On May 25, 2013
Paulego: Choi!! The Fear of Amaechi is indeed the beginning of Confusion

grin grin grin grin I can imagine GEJ sweating profusely with thoughts of ongoing events back in Nigeria. He was never a composed or eloquent speaker to begin with and would have been an absolute wreck had he mounted the podium with Ameachi on his mind . He probably would have ended up talking about Amaechi !!!!! grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Dee60: 10:01pm On May 25, 2013
Not surprised. But I hope it is not true!
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by ferking(m): 10:04pm On May 25, 2013
is it a crime for the president to miss his speech?,or what would have been our national benefite if he had gave the speech? Please allow me to hear word,can't you people know that he was busy doing inportant thing in the intrest of his country?will his speech at AU meeting solve any of our problem,cant u see that he had so many internal issue to deal with?have you not heard that the best answer for a fool is to keep silent?were you not aware that the were so many fools there whom were ready to make a fool of his speech? u don't understand that not saying anything at all is the act of power?please learn from mr president incase you did not know.
I love the style of mr president, instead of creating problem he kept quiet to gain more respect,now others african leaders will be afraid of Nigeria since they don't know what is in our mind.
God bless mr president
God bless me
God bless federal republic of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Aderupoko2: 10:09pm On May 25, 2013
GEJ did the right thing.When you are drunk you don't give speech to a general assembly. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by AnanseK(m): 10:10pm On May 25, 2013
redsun:
What actually was he there for?

A vital question.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Dee60: 10:15pm On May 25, 2013
Very disappointing if this true. Very, very disappointing!

His aides must be terribly tired of him now, but they wont leave because of chop chop! That is Nigeria for you!

I still hope this is just a bad rumour.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by omogidi234(m): 10:21pm On May 25, 2013
IMMUNO1: You guys should leave GEJ alone. One day, we all are going to applaud him when we finally come to know the real reason he decided not to speak there. He may appear foolish for many but for me, he is simply choosy and calculative.

You are correct sir. Same thing happened in CHOGM head of states meeting in Australia in 2011. It was the same allegation made in this current scenario. We are still waiting to hear why His Excellency was not in attendance. Although Abati released a statement to the effect that the CHOGM meeting was meant for Governors.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by searay(m): 10:22pm On May 25, 2013
Good move by GEJ, AU is a joke and a failure as long as I'm concern. So it's better not to associate oneself with failure.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Gbawe: 10:48pm On May 25, 2013
I wonder what OBJ is thinking. cheesy cheesy cheesy *yepa ri pa !!! What have I done* grin grin

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/embarrassment-jonathan-misses-speaking-slot-au-gathering

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by clint77ng: 10:57pm On May 25, 2013
Sahara Reporters(Yoruba things). Why do the yorubas and the Moslem North hate GEJ. During the Amalgamation, was it adopted and sealed that an Ijaw man will never rule Nigeria? Despite the yorubas not voting for OBJ's, they still respected and protected him as their own. Why all these insults on GEJ. Doesn't an Ijaw man deserve some respect from Yoruba racists. WHO GOD HAS BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE. Since most of you are moslems, i guess you haven't heard of that saying. My advice to GEJ; Even the son of God came, they hated him, accused him falsely,abused and insulted him, beat him, torn and stole his dress and killed him, but they didn't change the fact that he was and still the son of God and was born of the virgin, they didn't change the fact that he asended into heaven and currently sitting in the right hand of God. Not equating you to christ, but they will hate, gossip, accuse you, but they wont change the fact that you were and still the president and commander in chief, they wont change the fact that the almighty God who brought you out from the creeks of Bayelsa, made u DG, Gov., D. President, acting president and then President, will still keep you there at Aso rock come 2015, cos u are there for a purpose and has not accomplished it. God wants to bless the south east through you.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Blueboy0402: 11:02pm On May 25, 2013
[quote author=Gbawe]What a nation !!! What a President !!!!..... Like I have said previously, Jonathan will be the last accidental President Nigeria has....

Will you stop that rubbish! Are you God to decide that GEJ "will be the last accidental president Nigeria has?" Did GEJ choose to be the so called "accidental president?" Why all this hullabaloo about "accidental president?" If you must condem GEJ go ahead but stop all this last "accidental president" sermon because you don't know if you will be alive by 2015.

@ OP: what is the authenticity of this Sahara report? If truly GEJ missed addressing AU summit we should be matured enough to criticise him if there are no genuine reasons for that. Being in opposition doesn't mean one should be daft and reason with his anus.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Inik(m): 11:02pm On May 25, 2013
Sahara reporters are rumour mongers. You people should always take any news emanating from them with a pinch of salt. SR are known for reporting fiction and half truths.

The fake pic below too is courtesy Sahara Reporters. Shame embarassed.
http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-jonathans-declaration-when-jonathan-women-met-goodluck-men
www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by kokoA(m): 11:40pm On May 25, 2013
Please you guys should take it easy on our president. E get some kind shyte wey go catch person ehn, even if dem dey dangle 10million naira cheque before you, you go choose tissue paper instead.. I am a living witness. Shyte has made me abandon an exam before. Mr. President is human jare.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by 4chi: 11:44pm On May 25, 2013
From his porous antecedents, only two reasons could have made this joke of a president miss his speech:

1, he was drunk as usual or is battling with the hangover of the previous night.

2,The Lilly livered nincompoop has stage fright again and chickens out. Remember the presidential debate when he was missing in action only tO foolishly arrange a silly debate with himself much later. Remember also, that this joke of a president once addressed an empty hall at the UN.

...and this guy claims to have a Phd. I'm sure its not the academic one.most likely a " pretty huge d*ck"
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by mkoabiola: 12:02am On May 26, 2013
Na ojoro b dat ooo.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by onome25(m): 12:22am On May 26, 2013
Gbawe: What a nation !!! What a President !!!! Only Nigeria can host a President this negligently woeful in this day and age of charismatic, efficient and articulate Presidents/heads of State. Imagine a President so distracted with the scheming and machination to make his candidate chairman of the Governors forum in his Nation to the extent he disgracefully and amateurishly took his eyes away from his Presidential duty on the world stage?

GEJ, more or less, stuck a finger up at an AU address he was scheduled to deliver to the disgrace of Nigeria. When other Africans mock us about amateurish shoddiness we will be dancing around with fake indignation. Like I have said previously, Jonathan will be the last accidental President Nigeria has if there is a god above who realises that Nigeria has suffered and has been disgraced enough by crude and undeserving elements.
WHAT HAS ALL THIIS TONGUE WALLING SUPPOSE TO MEAN. Y DO WE ALWAYS AS NIGERIANS LOOSE OUR MORAL CULTURE & DECIPLINE, @LEAST RESPECTING OUR LEADERS! huh...Y MUST WE AS A CITIZEN QUICKLY ADOPT HATRED ON OTHER PEOPLE( even if the presido didn.t attend the MEETING, there are lots of pressing issue he.s dealing within his time frame).I GUESS IF U ARE A BUZY TYPE LIKE ME; ur utterrances will be modified ur disgust about others tnx.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by GeneralJ(m): 2:00am On May 26, 2013
and u believe this shit, how come no other news agency except liar reporters are reporting this bullshit SMH for nigerians

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Vernor(m): 2:02am On May 26, 2013
The question i will like to ask you is was he there for other pressing issues or for the AU meeting, please stop mixing issues, he left Naija for what? All i know is we all know the truth but because of d tribalism and religious bigot in us we will not speak the truth.
onome25:
WHAT HAS ALL THIIS TONGUE WALLING SUPPOSE TO MEAN. Y DO WE ALWAYS AS NIGERIANS LOOSE OUR MORAL CULTURE & DECIPLINE, @LEAST RESPECTING OUR LEADERS! huh...Y MUST WE AS A CITIZEN QUICKLY ADOPT HATRED ON OTHER PEOPLE( even if the presido didn.t attend the MEETING, there are lots of pressing issue he.s dealing within his time frame).I GUESS IF U ARE A BUZY TYPE LIKE ME; ur utterrances will be modified ur disgust about others tnx.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Gbawe: 2:09am On May 26, 2013
Vernor: The question i will like to ask you is was he there for other pressing issues or for the AU meeting, please stop mixing issues, he left Naija for what? All i know is we all know the truth but because of d tribalism and religious bigot in us we will not speak the truth.

My good man, you speak well but I will personally urge you to ignore those who cannot even understand they are not making sense and are ranting incoherently.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by koruji(m): 2:37am On May 26, 2013
Beaf! Na you be dat again. How many monikers are you operating now?

Inik: Sahara reporters are rumour mongers. You people should always take any news emanating from them with a pinch of salt. SR are known for reporting fiction and half truths.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by koruji(m): 2:39am On May 26, 2013
GEJ was not elected to be your or my elder - he was elected to be president.
If we are talking elders, why did he disrespect all his elders that were waiting to hear his speech at the AU?
Be President for Nigeria, and stop thinking everything about your glory - then the glory will follow.

onome25:
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Samxiulee: 4:13am On May 26, 2013
clint77ng: Sahara Reporters(Yoruba things). Why do the yorubas and the Moslem North hate GEJ. During the Amalgamation, was it adopted and sealed that an Ijaw man will never rule Nigeria? Despite the yorubas not voting for OBJ's, they still respected and protected him as their own. Why all these insults on GEJ. Doesn't an Ijaw man deserve some respect from Yoruba racists. WHO GOD HAS BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE. Since most of you are moslems, i guess you haven't heard of that saying. My advice to GEJ; Even the son of God came, they hated him, accused him falsely,abused and insulted him, beat him, torn and stole his dress and killed him, but they didn't change the fact that he was and still the son of God and was born of the virgin, they didn't change the fact that he asended into heaven and currently sitting in the right hand of God. Not equating you to christ, but they will hate, gossip, accuse you, but they wont change the fact that you were and still the president and commander in chief, they wont change the fact that the almighty God who brought you out from the creeks of Bayelsa, made u DG, Gov., D. President, acting president and then President, will still keep you there at Aso rock come 2015, cos u are there for a purpose and has not accomplished it. God wants to bless the south east through you.
oga nobody is hating the president cos he is an ijaw man,he won a free and fair election,expectations where too high on him due to the fact that many people saw him as someone who was not part of the establishment"power elite",I won't ascribe to the insult hurled at him,but the truth is that he has disappointed most Nigerians.
On your take about yorubas respecting OBJ and protecting him,its in their nature to always respect their elders,the only time they protected him was against Atiku,apart from that they were his no1 critics.The calamity we have today was brought on us when other regions voted against who the yorubas Wanted among their two sons,
We had pdp for more than a decade it won't be a bad thing if we vote another party at the centre,it will only strengthen our democracy,pdp is already an institution and it will be a formidable opposition party,we don't have to play the tribal/ethnic/religious cards all the time,
Tbh GEJ is the best civilian president Nigeria ever had,but we need a better hand and let's try someone else,the politics he is playing these day is eroding on his popularity.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by AnanseK(m): 5:51am On May 26, 2013
clint77ng: Sahara Reporters(Yoruba things). Why do the yorubas and the Moslem North hate GEJ. During the Amalgamation, was it adopted and sealed that an Ijaw man will never rule Nigeria? Despite the yorubas not voting for OBJ's, they still respected and protected him as their own. Why all these insults on GEJ. Doesn't an Ijaw man deserve some respect from Yoruba racists. WHO GOD HAS BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE. Since most of you are moslems, i guess you haven't heard of that saying. My advice to GEJ; Even the son of God came, they hated him, accused him falsely,abused and insulted him, beat him, torn and stole his dress and killed him, but they didn't change the fact that he was and still the son of God and was born of the virgin, they didn't change the fact that he asended into heaven and currently sitting in the right hand of God. Not equating you to christ, but they will hate, gossip, accuse you, but they wont change the fact that you were and still the president and commander in chief, they wont change the fact that the almighty God who brought you out from the creeks of Bayelsa, made u DG, Gov., D. President, acting president and then President, will still keep you there at Aso rock come 2015, cos u are there for a purpose and has not accomplished it. God wants to bless the south east through you.

So you can't think beyond these tribal and religious nonsense ? The guy was too drunk to get out of bed and talk at this extremely important world stage and you are talking about his tribe! So what did he go there to do ?
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Foyanmun: 6:11am On May 26, 2013
Goddex:

You are the dog yourself if you believe such poo journalism from Sahara who cannot even be specific about the President's so-called absence?

But, Goddex, why have you chosen to disbelieve the story outright? Why are you doing the job of Dr Doyin Abati for them? SR carries a story that has not been rebutted by either of the two hacks and you are quick to condemn the messenger, leaving the message. Fact is many Nigerians, including various 'proper' newspaper houses in Nigeria pace reliance on SR for their daily news about our country.

For me, there are only two questions-

1. Did GEJ fulfil his obligation by reading his perch yesterday at the AU?

2. If the answer s no, why?

Surely, that's not too much or Nigerians to demand from their elected representative?
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Nobody: 6:47am On May 26, 2013
Why don't we all wait for an explanation first?
I'm not happy that at the slightest opportunity we abuse our president, its not cool. We should all learn to respect him and criticise him with respect. He is still a human being and he is not sleeping on us.
You might hate him or feel disgust but he is our leader, let's respect him. Please
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by tomzman: 7:30am On May 26, 2013
Funny. Anyway, lets wait and hear what Mr president would say for himself.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Nten: 7:35am On May 26, 2013
All this ranting ends no where, jonathan & his delegates knows the reason why he didnt giv the speech. Its a tactical deviation.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by 1MCN: 7:56am On May 26, 2013
When I saw the title I knew from default that it must be SR again. This is just rather reprehensibly infantry! I am not a GEJ campaigner. Am a Nigeria believer. I wonder how these guys will stay in far away NYC and do everything to bring their home country (if they're truly Nigerians) to disgrace and failure just cos they dont like the face of the man there and his family. What will happen to them if they ever report good about our Nigeria?! This is corossive hate. God will bring all those who wish us evil into their untimely pulverization. Amen
God bless Nigeria and Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally / Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole / Anambra Police Release Radio Biafra Director’s Supporters - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.