Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,033 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. (2260 Views)

Obasanjo Spotted Playing Traditional Game, Ayo, As Jonathan Watches. Photo / Photo Of Buhari, Obasanjo And Abdusalami At AU Assembly / Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by aresa: 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering

By SaharaReporters, New York
[b]President Goodluck Jonathan today missed the opportunity to give a speech at the ongoing Special Assembly in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the African Union (AU).
Two members of President Jonathan’s delegation spoke to SaharaReporters from Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia which also serves as the secretariat of the AU. They reported that there was confusion among delegates as well as embarrassment on the part of Nigerian officials when Mr. Jonathan failed to show up in the hall to deliver his speech.

Mr. Jonathan’s “no-show” reportedly set tongues wagging as delegates from other African nations asked confused Nigerian officials why their president did not appear to address the AU on an occasion as important as this year’s assembly. The AU was inaugurated 50 years ago and known for many years as the Organization of African Unity (OAU). In the 1970s and 1980s, Nigeria was one of the organization’s most dynamic members, using international diplomacy as well as funds to push for the liberation of Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe and South Africa.[/b]

[b]But another source scoffed at both excuses. “If the president was in the toilet, his aides should have informed the protocol at the summit to delay in calling him to speak. And if the president wanted to hold a bilateral meeting, why should he fix it during the time he was told he would address the assembly??” He added that somebody within Mr. Jonathan’s inner circle disclosed that the Nigerian president had stayed up till late eating and drinking with members of his inner circle. Mr. Jonathan also reportedly spent a long time consulting with some of his governor associates back in Nigeria about ways to push back against the Nigerian Governors Forum that yesterday elected Rivers State Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi as their chairman. Mr. Jonathan, who has had a long-running political feud with Governor Amaechi, had backed Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State for the post of chairman of the governors’ group. Mr. Jang’s defeat rattled the president, several sources told SaharaReporters yesterday.

“Mr. President was up very, very late. But he had been up that late at night and still woke up in time to honor his appointments,” the source said. “But today, he did not seem to realize that addressing the assembly was an important obligation.”[/b]

Our two main sources said they and other Nigerian diplomats were shocked and embarrassed when Mr. Jonathan’s name was called to give his speech but the Nigerian head of state was nowhere to be found. “The official summit announcer called Mr. President a few more times, and then the program went ahead to another speaker,” said one source.

Mr. Jonathan later showed up to join in the photo-op session at the meeting and disappeared shortly afterwards without offering any explanation for his absence when it was his turn to speak.

Among those at the AU’s assembly were President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe as well as former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/embarrassment-jonathan-misses-speaking-slot-au-gathering

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Chiscomax(m): 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
I heard Goodluck Jonathan's IQ is same with that of Albert Einstein. Well, that is none of my Business
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by midolian(m): 11:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
Lol..2013 news.. This OP sef! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by DelGardo: 11:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
The man was a huge embarrassment all round.

Happy we sent his sorry behind all the way back to his village.
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Firefire(m): 11:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
midolian:
Lol..2013 news.. This OP sef! grin grin

The OP is comparing Hero with dullard.

Digging out old post of the person you all labeled "Clueless" to compare with your "Super-clueless, demi-god".

Imagine, low level IQ grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
Lol... how low can this foolish APC goons be?? So if anyone attacks buhari d person is a jonathan supporter... however see ur foolishness, wat concerns Jonathan with buhari again... and moreover isnt it because of ds things, we voted Jonathan out...?? why is buhari toeing d same line??

9 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by aresa: 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
[s]
crixtex:
Lol... how low can this foolish APC goons be?? So if anyone attacks buhari d person is a jonathan supporter... however see ur foolishness, wat concerns Jonathan with buhari again... and moreover isnt it because of ds things, we voted Jonathan out...?? why is buhari toeing d same line??
[/s]

STFU, your otooke clowns Nigerians rejected and sent back to the creeks was always on gogoro 24/7 and so he was unfit to participate in nay foreign engagements.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Mogidi: 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

STFU, your otooke clowns Nigerians rejected and sent back to the creeks was always on gogoro 24/7 and so he was unfit to participate in nay foreign engagements.. grin
Yep... I m happy d goat was sent bk to Otuoke buh look at d new snalish grandpa who widout being drunk followed d wrong gate and disgraced Nigeria amongst d comity of nations... wat do u make of dat??

4 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by omolami: 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
Buhari did not show up at UN fundraising for bokoharam victims in New York which is already embarrassing the country. someone try to bring Gej's 2013 issue as a cover-up for buhari's ineptitude . What an idiosyncracy party is Apc Does the fellow want us to believe that Buhari is a copycat of GEJ or what? Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by aresa: 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
[s]
crixtex:

Yep... I m happy d goat was sent bk to Otuoke buh look at d new snalish grandpa who widout being drunk followed d wrong gate and disgraced Nigeria amongst d comity of nations... wat do u make of dat??
[/s]

Nigerians are happy because PMB is restoring our pride and glory on the global stage.

PMB have met and sat down with nearly all the world leaders that matters during this foreign engagement so keep quiet and go sit beside your biafra transistor radio and let Nigerians worry about Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by obailala(m): 11:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
The point here is, a lot of senseless wailer have been celebrating and jubilating that Buhari missed a couple of meetings today and yesterday. I call these people senseless because one only needs a tiny bit of sense to understand that Buhari is human and even though all the reports clearly stated it was due to errors by officials of the Nigerian mission, these morons have been ecstatically jubilant all day and vomiting all sorts of senselessness.

Now one thing all these morons have in common is that they are all diehard Jonathanians who are simply still bitter over a long forgotten election, hence their moronic displays of emotions. These people forget so soon that their hero also missed important meetings, even the ones where HE WAS MEANT TO DELIVER SPEECHES and for what reason if one may ask, their hero flew all the way to these venues but was INEBRIATED and couldn't deliver his speeches.

Anyway, it all makes sense why these plebs are so happy that someone else has missed a meeting.

2 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by ishiamu(m): 7:08am On Sep 28, 2015
Chiscomax:
I heard Goodluck Jonathan's IQ is same with that of Albert Einstein. Well, that is none of my Business

Y'all dig out 2013 news y'all are shameless and pathetic, dwell in the past and die there, others are moving forward

2 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Blastos(m): 7:35am On Sep 28, 2015
obailala:
The point here is, a lot of senseless wailer have been celebrating and jubilating that Buhari missed a couple of meetings today and yesterday. I call these people senseless because one only needs a tiny bit of sense to understand that Buhari is human and even though all the reports clearly stated it was due to errors by officials of the Nigerian mission, these morons have been ecstatically jubilant all day and vomiting all sorts of senselessness.

Now one thing all these morons have in common is that they are all diehard Jonathanians who are simply still bitter over a long forgotten election, hence their moronic displays of emotions. These people forget so soon that their hero also missed important meetings, even the ones where HE WAS MEANT TO DELIVER SPEECHES and for what reason if one may ask, their hero flew all the way to these venues but was INEBRIATED and couldn't deliver his speeches.

Anyway, it all makes sense why these plebs are so happy that someone else has missed a meeting.

u used up a whole paragraph to talk abt someone who handed over leadership 4 months ago. I hail oooo. Concentrate on the present.. Jonathan came with transformation and maybe he failed, focus on Buhari and make sure ur Idol delivers on d change he promised..

3 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by demarc001: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2015
Na u dem embarass abi
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by adjoviomole(m): 7:42am On Sep 28, 2015
Sahara reporters been following jonathan every wer. Make una free d man nah.

But dis one o adonbilivit....sahara sahara sahara dis una lie ehn cheesy

Pepe dey inside am o!

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by mrmetoo1: 7:45am On Sep 28, 2015
You see, this is what we need to stop doing. We need to stop comparing Buhari and GEJ. I supported Buhari in the past election because I thought GEJ was a huge mess up with that I supported Buhari hoping his administration will be light years ahead of GEJ's own. I also assumed other Buhari's supporters expected the same. Let's get over the elections, it's done, Buhari won. Using GEJ as a yardstick is a shame, let's not make this government lazy. GEJ missing a meeting doesn't make Buhari and his team messing up his itinerary ok, in fact it should make us upset because we expected mess ups like that to be a thing of the past. We voted in Buhari so that we could go anywhere and flash our passports and proudly say we're Nigerians, not to beat our chests saying Buhari is slightly better than GEJ or well they're the same. I expect Buhari to be a revolutionary leader, someone that'll change the mindset of Nigerians in terms of excellence, patriotism, etc. I haven't lost hope yet obviously but no need to help them justify their f-ups

Aresa I like most of your posts but abeg let's demand more because in your heart you know our expectations for this administration is way higher than "GEJ did it too"

2 Likes

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by obailala(m): 8:01am On Sep 28, 2015
Blastos:

u used up a whole paragraph to talk abt someone who handed over leadership 4 months ago. I hail oooo. Concentrate on the present.. Jonathan came with transformation and maybe he failed, focus on Buhari and make sure ur Idol delivers on d change he promised..
No u got it so wrong. I rather used two paragraphs to talk about people who have refused to be reasonable and who keep vomitting infantile tantrums all because they are still bitter over the outcome of an election that happened more than 4 months ago. I only mentioned GEJ in a sentence because he is the basis of comparison and bone if contention which these people keep referring to.
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by hinwazaka: 8:21am On Sep 28, 2015
THE QUESTION IS WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AT THIS POINT IN TIME: GEJ OR PMB. WHAT WOULD SPORT LOVERS THINK OF MESSI FANATICS PLACING THE BLAME FOR MESSI'S 8 WEEKS SPELL INJURY AT THE DOORS OF CHELSEA FC, FOR THE TACKLE BY TERRY IN THE SEMIFINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OF 2012.

1 Like

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by clevadani: 8:23am On Sep 28, 2015
This guy will never stop disappointing
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 28, 2015
aresa:

grin grin grin

Stupidity chasing some people.
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Chiscomax(m): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2015
ishiamu:

Y'all dig out 2013 news y'all are shameless and pathetic, dwell in the past and die there, others are moving forward

the only difference between you and a goat is that you can stand upright.
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2015
aresa:

I tot this guy aresa supposed to be EKO ILE alter ego undecided undecided undecided undecided.... this is stewpidity of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2015
Whataboutery
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by talktimi(m): 9:39am On Sep 28, 2015
aresa the house boy doing his job very diligently. Two articles on Jonathan missing appointments within how many minutes. Your hustle is strong o grin

1 Like

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by HzRF(m): 9:49am On Sep 28, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

What is aresa

Aresa is the epitome of stupidity

1 Like

Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Jeel: 9:58am On Sep 28, 2015
K nah
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 28, 2015
aresa:

grin grin grin
seems Ambode don employ you finally, it's no longer news that you work for APC.

Its just a pity, that Gej is no longer in office,

you really need a better job, what you are doing is not it
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Nigerians are happy because PMB is restoring our pride and glory on the global stage.

PMB have met and sat down with nearly all the world leaders that matters during this foreign engagement so keep quiet and go sit beside your biafra transistor radio and let Nigerians worry about Nigeria..
Lol... pride u say?? and he was prevented frm seeing d pope by d pope's security guard?? hahaha......
Moreover I aint a biafran buh I bliv Nigeria needs to divide so dat u awusa goats will know d importance of unity....
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by ellechrystal(f): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

And the 24/7 kunu sipping broom waving demon can't do better. Where world leaders were gathered all shaking d Pope, d Presidiot couldn't cos he was stopped . With his spirit of bad luck all round.
couldn't attend a simple meeting n tackling boko haram that he bragged about defeating n used it as his campaign priority to win election.
Now he cant deal with his little demons. N u r here defending him.
Ppl like u will spill ur intestines to abuse Goodluck yet can't take it wen ur demonic god is abused.
trash
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by FearGodinall: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
Now GEJ had become the benchmark of Buhari's success and failures then GEJ supporters have every reason to celebrate him as their hero; he's HERO indeed. Remember, while other presidents from different countries where their, our own president, mr. Buhari was prevented from doind what ought to do as others what a shame?
Re: Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. by aresa: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
[s]
chuna1985:

Stupidity chasing some people.
[/s]

STFU is you have nothing sane to talk about..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Bukola Saraki The Afonja Of Our Time? / How Mko Abiola Was Killed / Lost My Precious Mum Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.