Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna (11986 Views)

Kabiru Sokoto Didn't Meet Amnesty Committee Members / Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram / Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by JohnnyPalmer: 5:43am On May 26, 2013
Amnesty committee meets Boko Haram in Kaduna

Members of the Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of Security Challenges in the North led by its Chairman, Tanimu Turaki, on Friday toured institutions and places of worship bombed by Boko  Haram members in Kaduna State.

The committee also visited some members of the terror group in an undisclosed detention in the state capital.

Areas visited included the Jaji Miliatry Cantoment where two suicide bombers attacked St. Andrews Military Protestant Church located at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji, killing several worshippers and residents while scores were seriously injured last year.

Also, the committee visited the St. Rita's Catholic Church, Ungwan Yero where a similar attack was carried out by the insurgents.

At St. Rita, the Chairperson of the church's caretaker committee, Mrs. Cecilia Michael, told members of the committee how the suicide bomber rammed through the wall of the church before blasting it.

The attack, according  to her, claimed four lives and injured several others she estimated to be about 250.

The committee members later offered prayers to the victims who were buried on the church premises.

However, there was a mild drama at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji when the committee members were snubbed.

A junior officer who received the committee told them that the commandant was not ready to receive them because he was in a crucial meeting with the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Defence.

But when members of the committee threatened to leave, another officer hurriedly called out the commandant.

The committee Chairman, who is also the Minister of Special Duties and Inter-governmental Affairs, was furious and said, "This is rubbish. Who is that permanent secretary? Let me see him. This is unacceptable.  For the past five sessions, I have not attended council meetings because of this committee work. You cannot be in a meeting with a permanent secretary and say you will not attend to a presidential committee that is representing the Federal Republic of Nigeria."

The Commandant, Air Vice-Marshall Ekpo Osim, told the committee that they were equally working for the security of the country.

He said the initial message was from a junior officer who might not have known the importance of the committee's visit.

He said, "Take it easy Mr. Chairman. We are all here to ensure the security of our country and quell crises. The message that I was attending to a permanent secretary was passed by a young officer and I don't need to say much.  I sincerely apologise for the communication gap and the mix-up."

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/amnesty-committee-meets-boko-haram-in-kaduna/
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by brownlord: 6:20am On May 26, 2013
Abeg make this amnesty group of company sitdown one place, if they know d boko haram group as they claim, hw come we hv nt bn able to get them arrested, wht stop them front giving our gallant soldiers info. Tht wld lead to their arrest, instead of them lobbyingto put this animals into govt. Payroll

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by JohnnyPalmer: 8:02am On May 26, 2013
Dnt even know d essense of amnesty when SOE is declared! Dey shld kill dem all, dey ad lootta time 2 negotiate which dey refused

1 Like

Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Cheggoon(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2013
After killing innocent, render many homeless, mak many children orphans....,after state of emergency,na him committee dey do something, #GodknowallyourBBpins#

1 Like

Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by samuel900(m): 11:52am On May 26, 2013
Where is EFCC, ICPC? This thieves are liars
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Gideon16(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2013
dis amnesty pple na rubbish.all evil wil b expose one day.idiot.first tym of commenting on nairaland nd stil na front page.
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by omaigala(m): 11:56am On May 26, 2013
After all the brouhahas, I'm still tryna deduce the probable positive outcome of the visit.

Abegi, make them go think of other productive ways instead of the righteous zigzag tours they are wasting our money on.
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Summersland(m): 11:58am On May 26, 2013
Wht kind of amnesty their planing to make with those criminal again(BH),kill them all to make northern states peaceful cool cool
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 26, 2013
must every committee chop money?

so after we've had dead and wounded soldiers, you go come dash amnesty!

E no go better for every member of that committee!
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 26, 2013
Am sorry. But this is a useless news. Why would you grant unrepentant murderers amnesty? Gosh! This news is just so useless. Frankly speaking, i detest these amnesty issue to this unrepentant, wicked, blood sucking, cold blooded Jihadists.
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by kraftykc(m): 12:06pm On May 26, 2013
The committee Chairman, who is also the Minister of Special Duties and Inter-governmental Affairs, was furious and said, "This is rubbish. Who is that permanent secretary? Let me see him. This is unacceptable. For the past five sessions, I have not attended council meetings because of this committee work. You cannot be in a meeting with a permanent secretary and say you will not attend to a presidential committee that is representing the Federal Republic of Nigeria."

I just over respect officers. If it was my former commandant Gen D. Bitrus, he would come out and them tell them to follow the junior officer as he previously instructed then walk back into his meeting. Do they think these officers are as jobless as they are in strategising on how to keep the country safe. I wonder if he would have flared up like this if the BH member they wanted to meet sent a junior and told them he was running late?

1 Like

Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Ifetex(m): 12:07pm On May 26, 2013
Abeg somebody shuld help us tell the committee, that they shuld rilase GEJ will still pay dea salary, b'cus i knw dat they just want 2 du someting
lolzzzz.
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Lateef9961(m): 12:21pm On May 26, 2013
Nawa-o
kill jst 1 American,the entire American police,FBI,millitary dogs,security cameras,robot etc. Wil trak 1 down.
Bt,kill 1 Nigerian,u wil be grantd amnesty.
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by lexrichy(m): 12:53pm On May 26, 2013
Commite...At least I did something I saw the bokoharams now gej the committee is working give us more money. gej..eat shit ass.holes.
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by rhamses: 1:01pm On May 26, 2013
D Bitrus is the man...Former Commandant NMS Zaria. Can't just forget this great officer.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by kaeto(m): 1:19pm On May 26, 2013
Allah apostles want to lay aside their arms? Allahu akbar ;DAllah apostles want to lay aside their arms? Allahu akbar

1 Like

Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 26, 2013
Why Kaduna?
They shld go to Maidugri.
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by kraftykc(m): 1:37pm On May 26, 2013
rhamses: D Bitrus is the man...Former Commandant NMS Zaria. Can't just forget this great officer.

That guy made me realize just what it truly means to be a leader and an officer, sometimes you have to stand your ground no matter the consequences
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:44pm On May 26, 2013
Do they still need amnesty? Sebi a story came out of the Boko Camp rejecting Fed Govt's amnesty. They even said they are the one to give Nigeria amnesty. Imagine! Insult upon injury! Insult of the highest order!
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Decelebrity(f): 2:07pm On May 26, 2013
[quote
author=JohnnyPalmer]Dnt even know d essense of amnesty when SOE is
declared! Dey shld kill dem all, dey ad lootta time 2 negotiate which
dey refused[/quote] wot er we talking abt? all dos committee are d bk bones of d boko haram, haha,,y is it nw dat state of emergency has bin declared dat the morons er nw coming out for dialogue? we kw wot u think we don't kw.
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Shininlite20(m): 2:55pm On May 26, 2013
J feel sori 4 u
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by RickyRoss1(m): 3:34pm On May 26, 2013
These amnesty cowards are just too desperate to meet the BH so they can use it as an excuse to share the money which the FG mapped out for this senseless mission. Why negotiate with terrorists? I hope one day they wont give amnesty to kidnappers as well??
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by searay(m): 8:37pm On May 26, 2013
Mett BH? For what now?
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by chidaddy1198(m): 9:51pm On May 26, 2013
Amnesty is just a set up for BH guy...n I think they knw that y they won't fall prey to it..what r they fighting?
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Emytexboy(m): 11:23am On May 27, 2013
JohnnyPalmer: Amnesty committee meets Boko Haram in Kaduna

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/amnesty-committee-meets-boko-haram-in-kaduna/
i demant to know who are they boko haram first
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by Emytexboy(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2013
have they boko haram sudenly existed as living thing?
Re: Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna by familyeyez: 11:17pm On May 27, 2013
y dem no carry buhari go again?
Emytex boy: have they boko haram sudenly existed as living thing?
:oy dem no carry buhari go again?
Emytex boy: have they boko haram sudenly existed as living thing?

(1) (Reply)

Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? / Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation / President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.