Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? (12005 Views)

‘You Don’t Know History’, Asari-Dokubo Slams Those Saying Binis Founded Lagos / Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai / How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2018
I was just thinking if Nigeria was to fall apart and all tribes form their own country,can the Binis in Edo state stand on their own?

First of who are the BIni?

A very ancient tribe located in southern Nigeria,they have abundant mineral resources more than any states in Nigeria from oil to farming,from rubber to tinber they have it all,they have it all.

Many uneducated people with their ignorant life stlye think binis are yorubas,another major tribe from Nigeria.

The number of Bini equal that of yoruba before the massacre by the British empire that reduced his population significantly.

Most tribes from south nigeria traced their roots to this rich culture,they cohabit peaceful trying to grow the state.

As a country of course they can progress,haiti is a country so why no..

Nigeria as a country proves population isnt what makes a country succesful,it failed in every aspect of life..

Most europeans country ave the size of Bini and they are one of the most developed countries..

With the oba on centre of things no room for corruption and everything will be well planned out..

with access to water,they can trade with other countries of the world..

What do you all think,share your opinion.

lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by SoftP(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2018
3)[s]They are educated , this is self explanatory,you must go school in Bini .. it's every family dream to see their child graduate.. don't forget they are smart..
[/s] get ur facts right

4 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by limeta(f): 10:26am On Aug 02, 2018
It don't work like that you will 've to consider the old bini kingdom or not too long ago the old Midwest state
Why should the binis give up their territory of the Niger Delta
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Xander85: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2018
Yes they can. The problem is they (like many other ethnic groups in Nigeria) have become too attached to the apron-strings of 'one Nigeria' and hence they would prefer to remain in Nigeria as they probably don't have the confidence to go it alone.

You ever heard of Bini nationalism or separatist moves? Didn't think so! smiley

8 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by gidgiddy: 10:43am On Aug 02, 2018
It all depends on what Nigeria breaks up into.If Nigeria should disintegrate, the very minimum Igbos will demand is that all Igbos/Igboids and Igbo speaking people in both the SS and the Benue be allowed to follow their kit and kin in the East. This will include the Igbanke people in Edo state and all of Anioma in Delta state. This will leave Edo state high and dry. A Niger Delta Republic is simply not possible.

Personally, I see a situation where Edo continues with Nigeria and later joins Oduduwa Republic whenever Yorubas start agitating for that.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Jokerman(m): 10:50am On Aug 02, 2018
gidgiddy:
It all depends on what Nigeria breaks up into.If Nigeria should disintegrate, the very minimum Igbos will demand is that all Igbos/Igboids and Igbo speaking people in both the SS and the Benue be allowed to follow their kit and kin in the East. This will include the Igbanke people in Edo state and all of Anioma in Delta state. This will leave Edo state high and dry. A Niger Delta Republic is simply not possible.

Personally, I see a situation where Edo continues with Nigeria and later joins Oduduwa Republic whenever Yorubas start agitating for that.

Edo people are not Yoruba... Get your facts right...

5 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2018
gidgiddy:

what makes you think Benin will join youruba
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 02, 2018
Jokerman:

Edo people are not Yoruba... Get your facts right...
lol leave the idiot

6 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Jokerman(m): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
he said if igbos live Bini will be dry..

Bini will join yoruba and live happily after..
No wonder Biafra is far from them,always boastful and lack cultural knowledge of things

Edo people will never join Yoruba... mind your bizwax
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by mars123(m): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2018
With our rich cultural heritage, our sane political processs, agricultural resources like cocoa and oil palm, and our location as the heartbeat of Nigeria, how many states have it as good as us? As far as I am concerned the contraption is making everyone lazy and unproductive. If we are to part ways today the Binis will still be as rich and strong as the 70s and 80s before the belligerent europeans started showing themselves.

8 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 02, 2018
Jokerman:

Edo people will never join Yoruba... mind your bizwax
yes Na..

Edo(Bini) live and survive alone before the British came,infact we even build a wall to keep invaders and immigrants out

sorry trump we did it first

4 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by gidgiddy: 11:01am On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
what makes you think Benin will join youruba

Yorubas are the closest majority to them. Most Igbos don't know who Bini people are

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Jokerman(m): 11:01am On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
yes Na..

Edo(Bini) live and survive alone before the British came,infact we even build a wall to keep invaders and immigrants out,sorry trump..

Oga... what's your business with Edo people na...
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 02, 2018
mars123:
With our rich cultural heritage, our sane political processs, agricultural resources like cocoa and oil palm, and our location as the heartbeat of Nigeria, how many states have it as good as us? As far as I am concerned the contraption is making everyone lazy and unproductive. If we are to part ways today the Binis will still be as rich and strong as the 70s and 80s before the belligerent europeans started showing themselves.
in fact Nigeria dragged us backward and made us lazy..

What have Nigeris offered us? nothing except bad names and people from other tribes destroy our state and influencing our people negatively,like prostitution,kidnapping and fraud..

You know we like to copy things
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2018
Jokerman:

Oga... what's your business with Edo people na...
oga I'm Bini
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 02, 2018
gidgiddy:

Yorubas are the closest majority to them. Most Igbos don't know who Bini people are
that's why they might not get Biafra soon..
I use to think all northerners are mostly until our gateman said Christians are the majority in their state Jos I was surprised..

There was this friend of ours I use to think is from north until i get to know he's from Niger..most of people you think are Hausa,fulani are actually from other countries..

Sad

3 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by uwa1(m): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2018
SoftP:

3)[s]They are educated , this is self explanatory,you must go school in Bini .. it's every family dream to see their child graduate.. don't forget they are smart..
[/s] get ur facts right

Which facts is he getting right....

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bini will be far off better when they join oduduwa republic. I laugh at some bini people when they start reminding us how they survived bfore the white destroyed their kingdom. Where is Rome today. Where are the mighty Greeks with their advance weapons and war ships. What about Rome with their organized military formation. This are all past glory and they know and have moved on. Greek. Rome are not world powers anymore. They are not even included in top ten.. But they moved on. But for bini they are still delusional. They are still basking in old fame. Believe it or not. The mighty bini kingdom is gone. This is not the era of cutting people heads or sacrifice and telling us how ogiso did this and that..when u peeps stops day dreaming. U will see that bini is nothing in this era. Other tribes are taking over them progressing. Moving forward while they are busy offering sacrifice. Bini will be far off better with oduduwa republic..and we igbos are going with our biafra

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2018
Xander85:
Yes they can. The problem is they (like many other ethnic groups in Nigeria) have become too attached to the apron-strings of 'one Nigeria' and hence they would prefer to remain in Nigeria as they probably don't have the confidence to go it alone.

You ever heard of Bini nationalism or separatist moves? Didn't think so! smiley
they are afraid because they think yoruba will dominate them. If they go with niger delta. The ijaws will show dem pepper

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
yes Na..

Edo(Bini) live and survive alone before the British came,infact we even build a wall to keep invaders and immigrants out,sorry trump..

lol u think this is the ancient days. Firstly u ave to make ur country better bfore banning immigrants. Lol. Bini people self
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Elose11(m): 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2018
Reading some people's post here tells me how sad history is no more taught in our schools. For those who knows there history, the Binis have existed more than 800 years before the nation Nigeria came into existence. Now ask yourself how did they survive then?
Asking how an empire, that at the zenith of its power,stretched from most of present day Igbo land, through most of present day Niger delta to as far as present day Ghana will survive if Nigeria, it predated, disintegrate is the height if ignorance.
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
Elose11:
Reading some people's post here tells me how sad history is no more taught in our schools. For those who knows there history, the Binis have existed more than 800 years before the nation Nigeria came into existence. Now ask yourself how did they survive then?
Asking how an empire, that at the zenith of its power,stretched from most of present day Igbo land, through most of present day Niger delta to as far as present day Ghana will survive if Nigeria, it predated, disintegrate is the height if ignorance.
lol. Ghana kwa. Una don reach Ghana?
Selemempe
OMANBALA
Xander
Ariesbull
Giddygiddy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Elose11(m): 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
Bini will be far off better when they join oduduwa republic. I laugh at some bini people when they start reminding us how they survived bfore the white destroyed their kingdom. Where is Rome today. Where are the mighty Greeks with their advance weapons and war ships. What about Rome with their organized military formation. This are all past glory and they know and have moved on. Greek. Rome are not world powers anymore. They are not even included in top ten.. But they moved on. But for bini they are still delusional. They are still basking in old fame. Believe it or not. The mighty bini kingdom is gone. This is not the era of cutting people heads or sacrifice and telling us how ogiso did this and that..when u peeps stops day dreaming. U will see that bini is nothing in this era. Other tribes are taking over them progressing. Moving forward while they are busy offering sacrifice. Bini will be far off better with oduduwa republic..and we igbos are going with our biafra
The Binis are not trying to dominate any tribe. What we are saying is that, just as we survived in years gone by, while you were no where, we'll survive again when this contraption that birthed your likes comes to an end.

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by BrownRoofRep: 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
Elose11:
I agree but you should note that Benin empire was not only made up of Benin alone. Some Igbos and other groups were part of it but that does not make them all Benin.

You should also note that if Benin is to form a country, you should not consider encroaching others as you did in the Benin Empire era.
From what I've seen, Benin is fighting tooth and nail to take Delta with them hence their recent revived BenDel slogan.

I also disagree with whomever that is saying that Benin must join Yoruba. They are big enough and well equipped to stand on their own if the need arises. They just have to look inwards and cultivate their inbuilt strength.
Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by izombie(m): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
he said if igbos live Bini will be dry..

Bini will join yoruba and live happily after..
No wonder Biafra is far from them,always boastful and lack cultural knowledge of things
why you dey include biafra for this matter? Abeg discuss your bini whatever and leave igbos out of this.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by izombie(m): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
that's why they might not get Biafra soon..
I use to think all northerners are mostly until our gateman said Christians are the majority in their state Jos I was surprised..

There was this friend of ours I use to think is from north until i get to know he's from Niger..most of people you think are Hausa,fulani are actually from other countries..

Sad
face your bini and leave biafra out of this. One nigeria we shall remain. You people make me laugh.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by comos: 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2018
gidgiddy:

from your comment, it is very clear you don't stay in benin,

From Benin City to Agbor (nearest igbo town) is 25 min, while from Benin city to Ore (nearest yoruba town) is 1hr . 30mins

for your information There is a very high population of igbos when compare to yorubas

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bini people should come and say something. So all this people bashing and bashing igbos all In de name of bini who are they?

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Efewestern: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bini can't have a nation on their own without the Urhobo's, Isoko's, itsekiri's etc, during the Mid-western region we all lived peacefully, thou I have some reservations about the Bini's, but I doubt if they can subdue any ethnic group in this present time.

Secondly, Should Nigeria disintegrate (Which is not happening anytime soon) , then you should be looking at a bigger picture which is the desire of the minorities to have their own Nation.

... And yes the Bini's can survive on their own, they are very educated and also blessed with huge HUMAN and Natural resources, They, just like every other tribe in Nigeria needs a visionary leader, unfortunately we are all cursed with clueless thieves.

5 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
Lol silly Biafrans,when Binis where fighting war you guys were busy running naked in bushes..

Good economy is not by population and Nigeria proved it?

What's the need of having 40 million people whereas 40 percent are in poverty...

Look at Norway,look at Iceland,look at those develope European countries,they don't need immigrants or population,they don't even need extra land.even a local government in abia is enough as long as they have adequate human needs..

Population will never solve problem,infact it will increase..

Imagine if Bini was alone and they ban other tribes from coming in mostly the igbos and throw those beggars out..

They have access to sea not that landlock Biafra..

They have rich culture and are internationally known to be good.

They have oil..

Foreign investment is coming thanks to obaseki..

Mhen what else do a nation needs to survive?

2 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
Lol silly Biafrans,when Binis where fighting war you guys were busy running naked in bushes..

Good economy is not by population and Nigeria proved it?

What's the need of having 40 million people whereas 40 percent are in poverty...

Look at Norway,look at Iceland,look at those develope European countries,they don't need immigrants or population,they don't even need extra land.even a local government in abia is enough as long as they have adequate human needs..

Population will never solve problem,infact it will increase..

Imagine if Bini was alone and they ban other tribes from coming in mostly the igbos and throw those beggars out..

They have access to sea not that landlock Biafra..

They have rich culture and are internationally known to be good.

They have oil..

Foreign investment is coming thanks to obasekilo..

Mhen what else do a nation needs to survive?
lol. Do you know the definition of landlocked?.u peeps should stop been delusional. Having access to sea indeed. Do you know how many African countries that ave access to sea but are very poor. U binis are still dreaming? When u wake up and starts thinking straight u will at least make something meaningful from ur life. Swerve..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
Efewestern:
Bini can't have a nation on their own without the Urhobo's, Isoko's, itsekiri's etc, during the Mid-western region we all lived peacefully, thou I have some reservations about the Bini's, but I doubt if they can subdue any ethnic group in this present time.

Secondly, Should Nigeria disintegrate (Which is not happening anytime soon) , then you should be looking at a bigger picture which is the desire of the minorities to have their own Nation.

... And yes the Bini's can survive on their own, they are very educated and also blessed with huge HUMAN and Natural resources, They, just like every other tribe in Nigeria needs a visionary leader, unfortunately we are all cursed with clueless thieves.
efe I wana ask you a question.y won't u peeps join bini incase bini country comes true

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Who Remembers This Guy. He Is Now 70. / Banditry: Police Arrest Chinese Nationals, Miners In Kogi, Niger, Kaduna / Magistrate Orders Lawyer To Frog-jump For Noise-making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.