Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,348 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Cheating In Professional Exams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cheating In Professional Exams (749 Views)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / Get A Degree Today In Professional HSE / Top Ten Professional Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cheating In Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2013
I've seen a topic on cheating in schools etc but considering professional exams, the standards are much higher with negative consequences for offenders.

Anyway, I 'StumbledUpon' this question from a professional exam body:

Orunnla is writing XYZ professional exam. A candidate next to him 'mistakenly' drops a piece of paper (aka chip) on his desk.
This chip contains a mnemonic he needed to answer one of the essay question. His inability to remember made him skip the question requiring the mnemonic.

On seeing this chip, Orunnla moves it away from his table but he had already seen the needed mnemonic.

What should Orunnla have done correctly?

Well, I've never harbored the idea of 'stretching' etc but I tell you, it's not just a Nigerian thing. No matter how strict a body conducts its exam day process, some still like to test the waters.

The closest I had come to was when I wrote one, the lady in front of me told me before the exam commenced to "help her". I was stunned by her boldness but when the exam started, she actually talked to me! The invigilators didn't see her though but "akoba adaba", I feigned ignorance.

After the exam, she came up to me telling me how she wasn't prepared etc. I always pity those who come to' warm the bench' or 'witness the exam experience' of their money cool Sitting for hours with little/nothing or your head is equivalent to a "do nothing" business strategy.

So, what cheating experiences have you had/witnessed in professional exams?
Re: Cheating In Professional Exams by esere826: 1:29pm On May 26, 2013
I have never witnessed cheating in professional exams, and i dont think it is right to cheat in such exams
except maybe you're cheating to get higher scores than needed to pass

(Cheating is cheating alright, dont get me wrong,.... but it is a moral code subject to various intepretations and the environment which one exists in)
that ^^^ aside ....,

Professional exams if well designed ensures that one actually has the neccesary knowledge and skills needed to function in specific roles.
So if you pass the exams (either through cheating or honesty) and are not able to function in the role,
then you (and/or the professional body) have failed the recruiting organisation who ascribed to that certification

.. with increasing inability of the certificate holders to perform,
...that professional exam/body/certification is soon avoided by recruiters

^^^ this unfortunately is the story of many Nigerian universities

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Vessel Engineers / Can You Get A Master's Degree In A Course You Didn't Major In? / Can The Law Enforce Contract Payments In This Case?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.