Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

All For Nothing (A True Story) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / All For Nothing (A True Story) (1301 Views)

A True Story Of Sister Mary / [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On / One Wrong Turn......true Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All For Nothing (A True Story) by 40fied(m): 6:30pm On May 26, 2013
Episode 1
I had just finished registration for the day, and was walking toward the lecture hall for the 12 - 2 lecture -gawd I was so tired- had been on a queue for over four hours; I wanted to leave, but changed my mind at second thought; couldn't imagine coming to join another long queue the following day. It was my second week in school. I just gained admission into one of the polytechnics in the north to study Business Administration and Management.
I looked at my watch, it was a few minutes to mid-day..."men! I dey hungry o, wetin man pikin fit chop self?" I said to myself. I got to the lecture hall and found members of my class outside, waiting for the course lecturer to arrive. I hadn't made any friends yet so I stuck to myself. I just stood there watching as boys and girls were having fun; some laughing and some shouting on top of their voices, and there I decided I wasn't going to be a part of this "show", I wasn't going to have any friends, I wasn't going to have any chic, and I was going to face my studies seriously (I too serious back then o). All these kept running through my head when......
Re: All For Nothing (A True Story) by 40fied(m): 7:02pm On May 26, 2013
All these kept running through my head when...I saw HER. Damn! I'd never seen a woman this beautiful. She had the "IT"; her eyes - eyes so lovely it could bore into a man's soul, her lips so soft and tender -wonder how I knew- could distort a man's senses, just like it did mine. "oh! my God, she's beautiful" I thought. There she was, standing a few meters away from where I stood in her black abaya gown and pink veil. "could she be hausa?" I asked myself. I was entranced by her beauty. I kept gazing at her, until I felt a brush on my shoulder, bringing me back to earth. The course lecturer had just arrived, and everyone was rushing to catch front seats...
Re: All For Nothing (A True Story) by 40fied(m): 7:11pm On May 26, 2013
Guys, I'm quite new to writing, so you all would have to forgive me if I don't follow the rules. Also, I believe I have to SALUTE the ol'writers in the house, Pdude for instance (it's the name I can remember for now, so sorry). On the whole, I hope you guys enjoy my story, thanks.
Re: All For Nothing (A True Story) by 40fied(m): 7:25pm On May 26, 2013
^^*smiles* Gee, thanks.
Re: All For Nothing (A True Story) by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 27, 2013
40fied: Guys, I'm quite new to writing, so you all would have to forgive me if I don't follow the rules. Also, I believe I have to SALUTE the veteran writers in the house, for instance, Pdude...it's the name I can remember for now, so sorry. On the whole, I hope you guys enjoy my story, thanks.
wink wink wink
Re: All For Nothing (A True Story) by 40fied(m): 10:42pm On May 27, 2013
There was a stampede at the entrance to the hall; people pulling, pushing and scratching to pass through. I stood where I was, my eyes on her; she tried to push her way through but didn't succeed. I walked up to her, grabbed her hand and said "hey, can't believe you'd allow yourself be shoved about like this. Why don't you chill a little and let them pass"
"but I need to catch a seat at the front row. You know the lecturer is not that audible, and it will be quite difficult for me to hear anything from the back" she answered.
"what's the point if you end up with a broken shoulder, and with dirt all over you? Be patient, don't let these guys rough handle you" I said. So we waited a while, and then went in when the rush was over. Seats were in eight rows, with about twenty seats in each row. We managed to get two spaces on the third row; she was on my left. About thirty minutes into the lecture, I lost concentration. I kept turning my head to steal a glance at her. Somehow she sensed I was staring, and then she'd turn to look at me, and I'd turn my face quiCkly so she wouldn't catch me.

After class, I stood outside, waiting for her to come out so I could talk to her.. ."Mehn, can't believe I'm breaking my own rules. But this girl is fine now..." I said to myself, just then, she came out with another girl. They talked for about fifteen minutes and then she waved the girl goodbye and walked away. I caught up with her and said "Hi, how was the lecture?" "Fine" she answered smiling..."oooh! That smile" I thought.
"My name's Kunle. What's yours?" I asked
"I'm Sidi" she answered.
"You're Yoruba right?" she asked.
"Of course I am, you should've known that from my name" I answered.
"Yeah, I should've known. Thing is I've not met many Yoruba people in my life, and I'm not familiar with yoruba names." She said smiling.
"Oh, I see." "So where's Sidi from? I can't tell from your name o!" I asked.
"I'm from Numan, here in Adamawa"
"Really? So you're hausa? I asked"
"No, I'm not" she blurted out.
"Ahn! Ahn! You said yourself that you're from Adamawa; Adamawa is in the north, and that means you're hausa" I said.
"I said I'm not." She repeated. "Not all northerners are hausa. I'm Bachama by tribe, and we've got our own language"...

(1) (Reply)

27 Characteristics Of Loving Men / The Beauty Of A Woman / R U Shy,lonely,fat,2fat,suga Mom Need A Cute Guy For Secret Sex Afair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.