Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? (1615 Views)

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? / Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South / Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 26, 2013
Jonathan has been there for exactly 3 years close to one term yet he hasn't done anything for his people.

EasT-West road is making products more expensive in Niger Delta because transporters have to take longer routes to reach many areas in Niger Delta.

This is of major economic importance to Niger Delta people. East West road is one road that can get 2% increase in Niger delta's real GDP because of the road's economic importance.

The road goes through a secured route to enter major cities in the Niger Delta (Highway crime is low in Ondo State and Edo State, this makes east-west road a better option for goods transporters). Benin, Sapele, Warri, Port Harcourt. The importance of the road can't be stressed enough.

Yet the president the Niger Delta gave a huge majority of their votes to because he is from the Niger Delta too can't do anything tangible for his support base.
The refineries are in very bad states as we can see yet two of these refineries are in the Niger Delta. The job that could be created for Niger Delta youths by proper maintenance of these refineries are enormous. crude products will even be cheaper in the Niger Delta because of ease of transportation (Especially with a two lane and or at least a well maintained east west road). With the cheapness of crude and gas and security come more investment because industries that depends on crude products will offer more competitive prices and will prefer to set up in Niger Delta because of it. Many restaurants use gas for cooking. With adequate supply of gas also comes electricity. Gas turbine has been the plan in Niger Delta since 1999. Only oil companies' installations use gas turbine and they get 24/7 electricity. Odili promised gas turbine and even launched a fake gas turbine project.

Mr president, the Niger Delta is an untapped economic hub in Nigeria. efficiency in oil sector alone can save billions of dollars into Niger Delta's economy. Yet Mr President, you are allowing the corruption in the oil sector.

Niger Delta needs you to put your life on the line to ensure that she gets what she deserves not you thinking you deserve their votes because you are from there.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by automaticcarzz: 10:18pm On May 26, 2013
He gave them security guards to secure oil installations.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 26, 2013
automaticcarzz: He gave them security guards to secure oil installations.

Secure oil installation for who? the contracts given are in the pockets of ex militant chiefs who can't even erect a borehole in their individual villages...

Let's talk real deal here. I won't like to hear what he did for individuals but what the people can tap into in general. You know, bringing people out of poverty.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by automaticcarzz: 10:29pm On May 26, 2013
9jaganja:

Secure oil installation for who? the contracts given are in the pockets of ex militant chiefs who can't even erect a borehole in their individual villages...

Let's talk real deal here. I won't like to hear what he did for individuals but what the people can tap into in general. You know, bringing people out of poverty.

He has done nothing and won't be doing anything other than continue the status-quo. The same people are still going to vote for him when election period comes. Asari Dokuboh has two mac-mansions in Abuja. Asari is worth 300 million. They call him freedom fighter (fighting for his people). Tompolo is now an expert on security matters and has become a multi-millionaire. Others in the Nigerdelta got nothing other than endless promises. God dey!
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 26, 2013
automaticcarzz:

He has done nothing and won't be doing anything other than continue the status-quo. The same people are still going to vote for him when election period comes. Asari Dokuboh has two mac-mansions in Abuja. Asari is worth 300 million. They call him freedom fighter (fighting for his people). Tompolo is now an expert on security matters and has become a multi-millionaire. Others in the Nigerdelta got nothing other than endless promises. God dey!

Niger Deltans, don't avoid this thread. Let us hear what you think Jonathan has done for the Niger Delta.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by automaticcarzz: 10:44pm On May 26, 2013
9jaganja:

Niger Deltans, don't avoid this thread. Let us hear what you think Jonathan has done for the Niger Delta.
You won't be hearing from them because they have nothing to show.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by aduboy(m): 6:21am On May 27, 2013
The Oga at the top has done nothing here. If only he can do the east west road, I think we would be happy with him. The only thing he is doing is to empower criminals and intimidate his perceived opponents with them.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Goddex: 6:44am On May 27, 2013
The 4 lanes East West Road you guys are emphasising on is ongoing as we speak with bridges. That road is not like Fashola asphalting a street here in Lagos. Infact, that road alone is more than all the roads constructed by Tinubu in 8yrs as Lagos state governor. It's one very long stretch of road cutting across about six states. It's a massive project and will not be finished in a blink of an eye.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 6:51am On May 27, 2013
Goddex: The 4 lanes East West Road you guys are emphasising on is ongoing as we speak with bridges. That road is not like Fashola asphalting a street here in Lagos. Infact, that road alone is more than all the roads constructed by Tinubu in 8yrs as Lagos state governor. It's one very long stretch of road cutting across about six states. It's a massive project and will not be finished in a blink of an eye.

Got pictures? Stop lying, it's not helping Niger Delta..
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by eggheaders(m): 7:31am On May 27, 2013
he gave them cassava bread and making most nigerians hate niger deltans with his divide and rule tactis. next time you guys present the best of you like Ben Bruce or pat utomi. because the present man is representing you guys to Nigerians as loud mouth I.e asari, Ms Briggs and Clarks. renegade the way gej is reneging on his one term promise and the pdp zoning arrangements and many more.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by justsayemma(m): 7:44am On May 27, 2013
@ goddex,did d questn ask u 2 compare ND with Lagos,dats hw u people kip dis gracing us.
As 4 me,he has done notin,cos Nd deserves more dan d east west road dat is yet 2 b completed.
U jst nid 2 travel 2 dis oil rich communities,u will c poverty unlimited,
D painful tin is dat dis people has bin brain washed,dat they don't expect
More than wat they r gettin.smh
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by justsayemma(m): 7:47am On May 27, 2013
He has nothing 2 prove 2 Niger Deltans,4 dem 2 re-elect him,cos they okay with d fact dat he is their son,so they deserve wat they r gettin
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Double27: 7:52am On May 27, 2013
GEJ is the president of Nigeria and not the president of Niger delta. His developmental policy should spread across all the regions of the country.
Ask your governors what they have done for their people.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by karlmax2: 8:30am On May 27, 2013
9jaganja:

he should show u picture if ur a true 9ja deltan and u reside there what stops your from going to that road and see the work for urself and take as much picture as u won't u think everybody is as lazy as u are
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Toomaxi(m): 8:31am On May 27, 2013
Are there no governors in ND states? Whn ur govnor is workn d impact of d presidnt wil b felt. Concernin d eastwest road, d proj is ongoing n wil finish in 2014, we all knw d type of ground ND has, road constructn here is always a difficult 1. Work is stil ongoin in our refinaries infact kudos gej
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by justsayemma(m): 9:49am On May 27, 2013
Nobody is sayin he shd execute state projects,evry region deserves federal projects,wat r d federal projects he has executed in ND,didn't he knw abt state gov,b4 he promised heaven on earth?
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by cooltone: 12:23pm On May 27, 2013
Jonathan has done nothing in niger delta. He is still sleeping but may be he has plans of waking up 2015. Let's wait till 2015
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by ayox2003: 12:52pm On May 27, 2013
The day after tomorrow will mark 2years (half) of his tenure. I will like to know what GEJ has done for those who voted for "Na our pikin". The Igbos who voted for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan [b]Azikwe[b/] have been demanding for the second Niger bridge. Y'all up here have been talking about East-West road.

Away from the road construction/rehabilitation, what has been the gain of those who voted for him in the Niger Delta? What's been done to those communities that Ken Saro Wiwa died for? Really, had Ken been alive, he would have been happy that a man from his region is the number citizen of the nation. Now that he's dead, what can he smile at in his grave? Can he now rest in real good peace? Please, enlighten us.

NB: We know there is a part their governors need to play, we would discuss about that on another thread.

Frawzey
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Ikengawo: 1:09pm On May 27, 2013
This is they it makes no sense for anyone to cheer for a president from their own region. He can't do anything for you personally because he can't appear to be bias.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by alaoeri: 2:57pm On May 27, 2013
Goddex: The 4 lanes East West Road you guys are emphasising on is ongoing as we speak with bridges. That road is not like Fashola asphalting a street here in Lagos. Infact, that road alone is more than all the roads constructed by Tinubu in 8yrs as Lagos state governor. It's one very long stretch of road cutting across about six states. It's a massive project and will not be finished in a blink of an eye.
Don't know why u ppl are myopic in comparison, how on earth 'll u compare a president to a mere state governor & their projects. If u want to argue abt Tinubu/Fashola & GEJ achievements pls refer back to when GEJ was bayelsa's governor & not president.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Abagworo(m): 3:05pm On May 27, 2013
9jaganja:

Yes I do.

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by AnodaIT(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2013
The East-West road is such a massive project.
The contractors apparently started with the less problematice hithetland section of the roads, and most of them are completed. the inside town portharcourt might take sometime for obvious reasons but work is accelerated there in many sections
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Abagworo(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2013
AnodaIT: The East-West road is such a massive project.
The contractors apparently started with the less problematice hithetland section of the roads, and most of them are completed. the inside town portharcourt might take sometime for obvious reasons but work is accelerated there in many sections

This Government has been there since 2008/2009 making it 5years of slow work.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by 1MCN: 4:23pm On May 27, 2013
Although am not totally supporting the regional sentiment behind the thread cos a President should be for all regions, but let me try to put a few things straight.
Firstly, most of the people commenting on this thread aint from or live in the ND region. I've used the EW road severally, and most recently. That road might possibly be the longest road network in Nigeria as it passes thru almost all ND states. When in plied it last(Rivers-Bayelsa axis) on 16th of this month I saw a lot of work ongoing. That road is billed to be completed by end of 2014. And the fund is huge. Friends, if only you know the terrain of this place am mentioning you'd doubt if that date is even realizable! As a Soil Science and environmental expert I must frankly say the soil mechanics, physics and chemistry is very challenging (maybe you need to see things for yourself).
About the refineries, I've lived and worked in Aleto, Eleme where the PH ref is located and my elder brov is also an oil (small scale) dealer and I must say there's been tremendous change in both output and organisational structure there in the past few 1 and half years.
Bayelsa state where I am presently is indeed a small state, but I think it's injustice the amount of federal projects going on here now. Unless it's the same in all states. Last Saturday I was at the Federal Poly, Ekowe, Southern Ijaw LGA. This large school is virtually built on water! It's a land reclaimed from swamp and curved around by Peremabri creek. You wont accept admission offer here! It costs several hundreds of million naira to reclaim less than a plot of land for the oilfield project that has brought me here. I wonder what govt is paying to erect that school.
If you've been to Bayelsa, Imo, Rivers, Delta and Edo (the ND states I've been to) for field work you'd understand what am talking about.
Unfortunately am not the type that does a lot of pix things, so what I say might as well not be believed. But I know I've stayed on the path of moral truth here.
So you can say exactly what you may have seen from where you are--if you're truly in the ND region--and not those who comment from their school hostel or hotel suite or highstreet somewhere in the midcity.
Meanwhile, the water here is so bad that I cant use borehole here to bath (only rainwater). Nwoke n'ife. All in the pursuit of happiness. I now have 1st hand idea of what the UNEP report means! The people dont value eductaion that much here, especially in the deeper communities, everything is expensive. Youths prefer allocation and egunje and settlement to honest wage. Women and men are too loose. But yet I see very promising youths too. State govt isnt doing very badly too.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by ochukoccna: 8:37am On May 28, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by ochukoccna: 8:52am On May 28, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^
While the thread has a regional sentiment,hasn't Jonathan been clannish in his behavioural traits?!
You only see him (body language) comfortable when with his kinsmen and SE people cool
He has done corrupt enrichment of mostly his Ijaw people
Many are mad at him for been a mindless,visionless and corrupt tribal lackey
And to think that is what his different Ijaw mouthpieces accuse the North for
As for the East West road and Nigeria in general,a lack of vision is what is telling
Even as difficult the terrain,doesnt't a project have timelines? undecided
It is only is only in Nigeria that government promises/projects are open ended with no end date
How then will they be held accountable
Every good biz man/economics knows well fleshed ideas are more important than having cash foremost
Akpabio,Fashola and some few governors are getting hype because their state transformation show well thought sequential projects
Can you in all honesty say the same for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?! cool
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Abagworo(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2013
1MCN: Although am not totally supporting the regional sentiment behind the thread cos a President should be for all regions, but let me try to put a few things straight.
Firstly, most of the people commenting on this thread aint from or live in the ND region. I've used the EW road severally, and most recently. That road might possibly be the longest road network in Nigeria as it passes thru almost all ND states. When in plied it last(Rivers-Bayelsa axis) on 16th of this month I saw a lot of work ongoing. That road is billed to be completed by end of 2014. And the fund is huge. Friends, if only you know the terrain of this place am mentioning you'd doubt if that date is even realizable! As a Soil Science and environmental expert I must frankly say the soil mechanics, physics and chemistry is very challenging (maybe you need to see things for yourself).
About the refineries, I've lived and worked in Aleto, Eleme where the PH ref is located and my elder brov is also an oil (small scale) dealer and I must say there's been tremendous change in both output and organisational structure there in the past few 1 and half years.
Bayelsa state where I am presently is indeed a small state, but I think it's injustice the amount of federal projects going on here now. Unless it's the same in all states. Last Saturday I was at the Federal Poly, Ekowe, Southern Ijaw LGA. This large school is virtually built on water! It's a land reclaimed from swamp and curved around by Peremabri creek. You wont accept admission offer here! It costs several hundreds of million naira to reclaim less than a plot of land for the oilfield project that has brought me here. I wonder what govt is paying to erect that school.
If you've been to Bayelsa, Imo, Rivers, Delta and Edo (the ND states I've been to) for field work you'd understand what am talking about.
Unfortunately am not the type that does a lot of pix things, so what I say might as well not be believed. But I know I've stayed on the path of moral truth here.
So you can say exactly what you may have seen from where you are--if you're truly in the ND region--and not those who comment from their school hostel or hotel suite or highstreet somewhere in the midcity.
Meanwhile, the water here is so bad that I cant use borehole here to bath (only rainwater). Nwoke n'ife. All in the pursuit of happiness. I now have 1st hand idea of what the UNEP report means! The people dont value eductaion that much here, especially in the deeper communities, everything is expensive. Youths prefer allocation and egunje and settlement to honest wage. Women and men are too loose. But yet I see very promising youths too. State govt isnt doing very badly too.

Very excellent comment from a frank personality. The only reason people seem to ask about what Jonathan has done is because some Niger Deltans have been threatening Nigeria against 2015. They need to be tutored that the important thing is competence and not tribe or region. Even in that tribe exists better people that could be of use to their region in particular and Nigeria at large.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For Niger Delta? by Abagworo(m): 9:00am On May 28, 2013
1MCN: Although am not totally supporting the regional sentiment behind the thread cos a President should be for all regions, but let me try to put a few things straight.

Very excellent comment from a frank personality. The only reason people seem to ask about what Jonathan has done is because some Niger Deltans have been threatening Nigeria against 2015. They need to be tutored that the important thing is competence and not tribe or region. Even in that tribe exists better people that could be of use to their region in particular and Nigeria at large.

(1) (Reply)

... / URHOBO PRESSURE GROUPS & THEIR LEADERS / Don't Call Me Commanderrr In Chief Of The Armed Forces-jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.