Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,278 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> - Literature (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (645870 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Romance Story- The Neigbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by joliematt(f): 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
darlynlara: aunty repo my doctor say if i dnt hav my normal dosage of'false pretences'in d nxt 48hrs i should b
prepared to become an angel(in heaven ofcourse) so please update and save a life 2day.*winks*
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by joliematt(f): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Pls repo girl here is my email,am hooked 2 ur story,julietariude@gmail.com
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by akinsdeji(m): 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kindly send to my mail too. Johndeji@live.com
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by SONFGOD12: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by SONFGOD12: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
Sorry do i knw u?

[quote author=yinx007]

Don't be too hard on yourself pls. God bless you.

and hw did u come up with this?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by princesa(f): 8:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
darlynlara:
lolz u this madam that starved us of that story for weeks but it was nyc anyways.

me am presently starving sef... grin
thanks 4 reading.

may that laptop get deliverance this moment oh, we are waiting
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by darlynlara(f): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
princesa:

me am presently starving sef... grin
thank 4 reading.

may that laptop get deliverance this moment oh, we are waiting oh!
AMEN! nt to derail this thread o but am sure aunty repo's device and urz are related
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by roselynbas(f): 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
repogirl:

Whoa, shocked, for real? Its a sony viao.

sony viao model number? and where i can send it to.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2013
Hi, Roselyn, sent you a PM, can u reply me and let's talk privately?

thanks.

guys who are expecting email, pls I just changed my mobile device and I don't have the chapter here and can't access it cos its on my at d moment dead PC.

who can pls send me back my mail I sent out to you?
damex, alicapapaya? Anyone?

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by chinedumo(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2013
Repo your fans can help you out with a brand lappy. Ask na.

2 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 10:18am On Jul 28, 2013
chinedumo: Repo your fans can help you out with a brand lappy. Ask na.

I really don't need one, dis one i have is fine. Thanks.

as for the chapter, I just got it. Thanks Amy.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2013
Okay, y'all can go on to the blog to read the write up y'all have been asking me to send via mail. So no more email sending abeg.

thanks.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by caramel007(f): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
repogirl: Okay, y'all can go on to the blog to read the write up y'all have been asking me to send via mail. So no more email sending abeg.

thanks.

I m lost here, reopgirl, what are u talking abt? What mails? And why haven't I seen your updates since forever? U want to give me heart attack right?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
caramel007:

I m lost here, reopgirl, what are u talking abt? What mails? And why haven't I seen your updates since forever? U want to give me heart attack right?

where have u bin? Anyway its nothing to get a heart attack over, I'm just referring people to the last update which was hidden here.

and u haven't seen my updates because my computer is down at d moment.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by roselynbas(f): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
repogirl: Hi, Roselyn, sent you a PM, can u reply me and let's talk privately?

thanks.

guys who are expecting email, pls I just changed my mobile device and I don't have the chapter here and can't access it cos its on my at d moment dead PC.

who can pls send me back my mail I sent out to you?
damex, alicapapaya? Anyone?

ok, waiting for u tho!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
roselynbas:

ok, waiting for u tho!

awaiting ur pm or u could reach me at pejuamadi@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by gandyluv(f): 6:23am On Jul 29, 2013
finally i ve arrive...ur doin a grt job my dear i cant wait 4 ur nxt update....i luv d 2 luvbirds 2geda i dnt wnt anytin 2 hapen 2 dem
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Amynamerica: 11:02am On Jul 29, 2013
repogirl:

I really don't need one, dis one i have is fine. Thanks.

as for the chapter, I just got it. Thanks Amy.

You're welcome. We r waiting anxiously grin
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Fishoy(f): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
Cnt believe I avnt let myslf read dis al dis time....bt I gotta say u r a gr8 writter nd pls can u or anybody post ur blog adress?...thks in advance
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Fishoy: Cnt believe I avnt let myslf read dis al dis time....bt I gotta say u r a gr8 writter nd pls can u or anybody post ur blog adress?...thks in advance

thanks much. http://pejuamadi..com
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Fishoy(f): 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
repogirl:

thanks much. http://pejuamadi..com
U wlcm...rili enjoyed ur blog
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2013
@fishoy, gandyluv, thanks much.

guys, thanks for hanging in there. I'm happy to announce that I got my PC up and running again yesterday. So I'll definitely upload sumtin today.

it will hit d blog first before here cheesy, so wash out.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Rajosh(m): 8:53am On Jul 31, 2013
Yippie aunty Repo is back.We all miss you.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Eneze1(f): 10:37am On Jul 31, 2013
welcome back, I know the wait will be worth it
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by joshmoy(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2013
Av been patiently waiting for this repo girl... When du we get 2 hang out..? No strings attached
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Ghozye(f): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
Jst strtd rdin ds 2dy,stil on pg 1 n I must confess,u r rlly doin a great job here.The story z quite unique n kinda reminds me of Don't Mess With An Angel.Gud job,sweety.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Popowaa: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hipeee*dancing azonto*
repogirl: @fishoy, gandyluv, thanks much.

guys, thanks for hanging in there. I'm happy to announce that I got my PC up and running again yesterday. So I'll definitely upload sumtin today.

it will hit d blog first before here cheesy, so wash out.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2013

Vicky was hanging on to the little shred of sanity she had left, Williams had been a massive disappointment. She didn’t want to deal with any other investors, they would all begin asking questions she didn’t have answers to and they might even delve into her background and she knew what they would find if they looked. She squeezed the glass cup in her hand angrily. She’d resorted to drinking as she’d not been able to sleep.

She wondered how Moss could sleep with something like this looming over their heads, they couldn’t go back to the states. Moss owed some really dangerous people a lot of money, while she was a disgraced former surgeon whom the police suspected killed her husbands. She couldn’t go back but she wanted to leave this god forsaken country already. She was barely tolerating this apartment in Maitama which was one of the properties her father owned. Anywhere was better than here, she just wanted to disappear.

Another plan had to be made, she could seduce Williams. Her beautiful looks had always drawn the opposite sex to her easily, they could hardly resist her charms and fell really easy, that was how she’d been able to snag two rich husbands. Seducing him should be a piece of cake.

“What you doing awake, babe?” Moss came into the living room asking, still groggy from sleep.

“Thinking, planning, while you’re sleeping. I don’t get you Moss, how can you sleep at this time? Do you enjoy being broke in this third world country? You know we can’t be in this apartment for too long, once my parents get back from the South of France my dad finds out I’ve been here and I promise you it won’t be funny. He threatened to get me arrested if he ever saw me around and my mom would be in great trouble because she left the key to this place for me.
You know all this right? Yet you are not coming up with any tangible plan, you’re sleeping!”

Moss shook his head “You sure do know how to work yourself up, babe.”

“And you sure are laid back, Moss you’re acting like you don’t need get out of this place as badly as I do.”

“Babe, I do but we’ve got to plan carefully, we’ve managed to get away from the cops so far. We might not get lucky next time, that’s why I’m taking it easy.”
She rolled her eyes, he did have a point.

“You’re drinking at Two a.m? Now that’s classy.”

“Oh please, spare me the lecture, Moss. I’m thinking and alcohol reduces my craving for coke.”

“So what have you come up with so far?” he asked sitting down on the sofa opposite hers.

“I’m going to seduce Williams.”

“Oh?” he frowned “Not sure that’s a good idea,” He shook his head
“Why?”

“ It might make you seem desperate, you know coming on to him. He’s dumped you before, Why do you think he’ll be into you now?”

“Hey, he never dumped me, and I know it will work because….no one can resist this ,babe,” She sat up, pointing at herself.“You sure as hell couldn’t so how could he? He’s a man, and men are easy.”

Moss smiled “Okay, but don’t get too carried away, you know I’m the original owner of the goods.”

Vicki couldn’t help but laugh. “Is that you sounding jealous?”

“Jealous?” He scoffed “Please! No other man can do you like me and you know.” then gestured at her with his hand “ Come over, Let me show you what I’m talking about.”

[/centre] Baby you’re my every thing, you all I ever wanted
We could do it real big, bigger than you ever done it
You be up on everything, other girls they never owned it
I want this forever I swear, I can spend whatever on it.[/center]

Kite stirred as Drake’s ‘best I ever had’ was blaring from the speakers in the room. Her sleep was being haunted by that damn song which had been playing on repeat for hours now and was starting to get on her nerves. She turned noticing she was alone, sinking deeper into the soft matress as she yawned and stretched her well used body lazily, loving the glorious feel of the bed, Ise’s bed.

Sometime during the night they’d made their way upstairs, she didn’t recall the exact time but she vaguely remembered being carried by Ise. The last night had been awesome, it had been like they couldn’t get enough of each other, Ise had worked her body like no other man ever had,she didn’t think she would forget about it anytime soon. She wanted to replay the events of the night before over and over again in her head if only this damn music would quit interfering with her thoughts.

[center] Cause she hold me down everytime I hit her up
When I get right I promise that we ‘gon live it up
She made me beg for it, till she give it up
And I say the same thing every single time[/center]

She heard him singing along, his voice coming from the bathroom.

“Ise!” She called “This song is driving me crazy, can you put it off repeat?” She was so damn tired of listening to the same damn thing over and over again.

She saw him peek from behind the bathroom door grinning mischievously, shaving gel all over his jaw, shaving stick in hand, clad in only a towel hanging dangerously low on his hip. Her eyes couldn’t help but travel down the length of his ripped body. He approached the bed dancing and singing to it, doing a slow creep walk.

[center]you the, you the best
You the, you the best
You’re the best I ever had, best I ever had [/center]

She was tempted to laugh but she knew that was his intention so instead she crossed her arm over her chest, giving him a blank look, though she couldn’t help raising an eyebrow quite impressed by his fancy foot walk.

“Clap nau, or at least smile, after all the Chris Brown moves I’m doing here for you?” He said to her, shaving stick still in one hand.

“I didn’t ask for Chris Brown moves, I said change the song, it’s been playing for like a million years now.”

“Wow, someone isn’t grouchy this morning, you sure aren’t a morning person” He joked as he continued his dance “My house, my music.” He asserted.

“Oh its like that now?” She asked and he nodded still doing his creep walk “Weren’t you the one giving me a lecture on the plane about repeating music?”

“Me?”He asked forming innocence “ Don’t remember doing that.”

She shook her head, it was hopeless, lying back down she put a pillow over her head, to drown out the song. It was a great song, she was just tired of hearing it over an d over again. She felt the bed depress beside her and she removed the pillow to see Ise lying beside her, propped on one elbow and smiling as he watched her.

“What’s funny?” she asked him still forming pissed even though she wasn’t.

“ Do you hate the song so much? Because if you hate it then I’ll also begin hating it too, with immediate effect.”

She had to laugh at his joke and the gel on his jaw wasn’t helping.

“Great, she laughs finally.” He said and then moved closer to her “Did you sleep well?”

She nodded “You know I did.” Her body hadn’t fully recovered from what it bad been through the night before in his hands. “How about you?”

“You see me singing and dancing to best I ever had, don’t you?” he said, the chorus came up again and he sang to it, kissing her face and getting gel all over her and the sheets as she protested, trying to get away from him but wasn’t successful.

“Oh Ise, see you’ve got gel over me. Ewww!”

“Don’t worry,” He said ignoring her protest “the whirlpool tub is filling up as we speak, we’ll have our bath together.”

“Oh?” She raised a brow “Is this a ploy to get me into the tub with you?”

“Is it working?”

“Maybe.” She replied pulling away, he finally gave her some space, picking up his iPod which was docked on the bed stand. He proceeded to change the music, picking ‘power trip’ by J Cole.

[center] Got me up all night, all I’m singing is love songs
She got me up all night, constant drinking and love songs ……..[/center]

“You like this?” He asked and she nodded, Miguel was on it so it was cool with her.

“You going out this morning?” She asked him.

“Yeah, I have a B ball game with the guys this morning at Layk’s place.”

“Layk?” She asked frowning.

“Lekan, you met him yesterday.”

“Oh yeah, I remember him. So you ball every Sunday?”

“That’s how I keep in shape, there’s a gym up at the main house but I hardly ever use it, anything not to run into that woman in the main house.” He placed the ipod back and got out of bed.

She smiled at how he referred to his mother “no Church?”

He frowned like she’d asked a strange question and that was her answer. “We’ll have to do something about that.”

He got out of the bed “ I could do church but only if the church is hip, not somewhere I’ll dose off.”
He replied going back to the bathroom.

She shook her head as she sat up “Worship is not for your enjoyment, you’re to worship God, not the other way around.”

“Yeah right.” She heard him scoff from the bathroom, she got out of bed and proceeded to his walk in closet, helping herself to a T shirt of his that dropped down to her mid thigh as she wasn’t wearing anything but before she could educate on the reasons he should be in church, the doorbell rang.

“Can you get that? Might be the staff coming in to clean.”

“Sure.” She replied, using her hands to brush her hair, trying to bring some order to it before leaving the room and running down the stairs.

On opening the door, she was stunned as she stared face to face at Ise’s mother who was decked up in her Sunday finest definitely on her way to church. Kite’s blood went cold and the other woman was definitely not over enthused at seeing her.

Kite struggled to recover “Um, g..good morning ma,” She stammered stu’pidly, the woman scared the shi’t out of her.

Mrs Williams waved her off signalling her to get out of her way and Kite immediately complied, closing the door behind the woman and following behind her to the living room where she saw her take in their discarded clothes from the night before. Kite felt her face flame up with embarrassment.

‘Damn’ She cursed silently as she’d forgotten they’d left their clothes and underwear here. She quickly picked up everything, this had to be the most embarrassing day of her life.

“I’ll get Ise.” She said about to leave the room when the woman called her back.

“Hey, Hey, come back here,” she said and Kite turned meeting her eyes that regarded her disdainfully “how long do you think this will go on for?” She asked waving her hand at her “There’s no place for gold diggers in our family, keep that in mind. Now go and get my son.”

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
“Ise, what’s up with your game today nau?” Dammy was asking as he’d missed the alley-oop he’d passed him.

“Sorry please, I saw it too late.” Ise apologised.

“Get your head in the game, guy.” That was Lekan who was standing outside, awaiting being subbed and acting as refree“ These guys are whooping our butts.”

“Yeah, enough a’ss whooping for you guys today.” That was Kenny “Even your shots and lay ups are wack, Ise, what did you do last night?”

“Shut up, Kenny.” Ise told his friend, sex made a guy tired but that wasn’t his problem, he just had a lot on his mind. “It’s just a st’upid game, the way you guys are on about it, one would think we’re playing finals at the championship.”

It was a game of two on two on Lekan’s half court, he and Dammy against Prince and Kenny with Lekan waiting outside as a substitute for Ise’s team. Ola wasn’t around or he would have been substitute for Kenny and Prince. It was a good thing he hadn’t shown up there, Ise wasn’t ready to see him yet. He was still angry with him for keeping the relationship hidden, he was also angry that Jeje hadn’t spent the night in the house. That was the news his mother had given him that morning, asking what in the world had happened at Jeje’s party, she’d called Jeje and she wasn’t picking but Izy had called back to let her know Jeje was at her place.
He’d filled his mother in on what he’d found out the day before and his mom was still on the fence about it all but she’d asked him to fix everything one way or another and get Jeje back home.

He’d wanted to go drag her back but Kite had pleaded on her behalf and had offered to talk to Jeje for him. She’d asked him to deal with his friend while she would take care of Jeje. It had seemed like a good idea, he knew he would only make things worse than they already were if he saw her.

Dealing with Olamide was the issue here, what was he supposed to do with the guy? Talk? How could he do that without punching the guy in the face again?

“Ise!” Lekan and Dammy yelled as Prince screened him off, giving way for Kehinde to pass by, making a basket on him. Damn, he hadn’t seen the screen coming.

“Game!” Kenny said giving Prince a high five. “Willie, what’s your problem? Was last night so good you can’t think straight?”

Ise turned on him, “I swear, Kenny one more word from you…..”

“Hey, hey, time out.” Dammy held Ise back “ Lekan, sub Ise abeg,”
But Kenny wasn’t backing down “What, you’ll punch me like Ola, is that it?”

Ise watched Kenny, wishing he could take out his anger on his friend’s leering face, the guy needed a beating and it would help Ise’s tensed body relax but he held himself back struggling for control. Maybe he needed to get home, he needed to breathe, relax, Kite could do that for him. He should be hanging out with Kite, when he was with her, he was cool, nothing bothered him at that moment.

He’d asked her to come along to Lekan’s place with him but she’d opted to stay at home to tidy her room, she’d refused his suggestion that he could get the staff to do it for her, saying she wanted to do it herself in order to know where everything went. He didn’t know why she’d bothered since she was going to be spending most of her time in his room anyway.

“Shut up, Kenny.” Lekan told the offending guy and then turned to him “Guy, you okay?”

“I’m good, but I’m leaving.”

“Why?”

“I’m no good here, too much on my mind and I don’t want to end up getting into a fight with another of my friend’s, one friend is enough.” He managed a weak smile.

“You should talk to Ola about it,” Lekan urged. “Hear his reasons for keeping their relationship secret.”

Ise looked at him “Whatever his reasons are, it will never be good enough, to think you all knew and kept it from me,” Ise accused his friend “what else are you guys keeping from me?”

“ I’m sorry, I didn’t like it but Ola begged us and we knew you’d be mad, he said he’d tell you when the time was right, but I guess the time never came, you really should talk to him.” Lekan said giving him a pat on the back.

“Maybe I will but just not now.”

“Hey!” Kenny yelled at them “ Are we balling or in therapy session?”
Lekan shook his head “that guy is a real jack a’ss, I don’t know how we stand the guy.”

Kite parked her car in her designated parking spot in front of the house, Ise’s house. She knew he’d be back by now, the time was almost nine p.m. Talking with Jeje had taken so much of her time. The girl was just as stubborn as her brother and her anger just as bad as his, the two were so alike in their ways that it was a good thing Kite had interfered or she knew they would surely have butted heads against each other, refusing to back down. After a lengthy talk, cajoling and pleading, Kite had finally gotten her to agree to come back home but she’d had demands of her own. She didn’t want to talk or see her brother until he apologised for all he’d done.

Kite kept the car running, she needed to relax her mind before going into that building where she would have to come up with more lies for Ise. Izy’s place hadn’t been the only place she’d been. She’d gone to see Izu and that hadn’t been fun. He was now in partnership with Brenda, that had come as a huge shock to her and she’d been furious, she still was. She’d gone crazy when she’d seen the b’itch feeling smug and comfortable, her hand around Izu’s back, feeling like she’d gotten what she wanted finally. Kite had wanted to slap the smug look off her face but Izu had come between them, so she’d slapped him instead. The second time she was doing that, she knew she didn’t care much for him anymore but still she couldn’t believe he was doing all this to her. What had she done to him to deserve this kind of treatment?

He’d warned her that it was the last time she would ever slap him, the next time there would be consequences. Consequences, her as’s, she would do again if she had the chance. He’d then told her of the change in plans, he didn’t want cash anymore, he wanted Jeje’s new car, The Range Rover Autobiography she’d just gotten for her birthday, he had certainly gone bonkers this time. He would come up with a plan and get back to her by Tuesday on what he’d come up with. She’d told him she wasn’t going along with that crazy idea, but he’d warned her, threatening that this time he wouldn’t be bluffing.

She wasn’t sure what she would do yet but she couldn’t take Jeje’s new ride, the girl adored the thing, she’d been on about it again today and the car surely was impressive. What was she going to do, Izu and his demands were getting to her.

She turned off the engine deciding to go in, maybe some food and a bath would help her feel better. Getting out, she took her handbag along with her, just as she closed the door she saw Ise’s mother walking down, coming toward her direction, probably coming down to see her son again. Kite recalled what the woman had told her that morning and how it had destabilised her for a while.

‘No place for gold diggers in their family’. Kite wasn’t digging anything but it was pointless saying anything, so she’d quietly accepted the insult cursing herself for having feelings for her son. She turned about to make for the building when the woman called her back.
“Young lady.”

‘Uh Oh’ Kite turned not sure if she’d heard correctly, she pointed at herself.

The woman rolled her eyes like how many other young women were around.
“Yes you, I want to talk with you.” She re asserted.

‘Ow-kay,’ Kite thought, this wasn’t going to be good.
The woman got closer to her, adjusting her glasses as she regarded her with those cold disdain filled eyes.

“ It’s late and I don’t want to waste much of both our time so I’m going to come out with it, simple and straight forward. You’re with Ise for what you can get from him, and I want him in a serious healthy relationship, so I’m going to save you your time and energy by offering you money, just leave my son alone so he can get on with his life.

You will leave the office and no longer have any contact with him, come up with whatever story you want but just leave him be, I’m prepared to give up to five million?”

Kite was too stunned for the first few seconds to speak, she would have laughed but this woman was bloody serious, offering to pay her off.

“Please ma, with all due respect, I’m not with your son for his money……”

“Ten million.” The woman cut her off.

Kite’s eyes widened “No! I…”

“Okay, Twenty, that should be good enough for you.”

“Madam, please, I don’t want your money. I like Ise, I really do,” She tried to explain.

The woman scoffed “Indeed! I know girls like you, you’re opportunists, using your looks to prey on weak unsuspecting men, you had better take my offer because as far as I’m still his mother, he’s not going to end up with trash like you!”

With that the woman turned and began her return to her own building.

Her words stung and hurt Kite deeply, why did these people regard her as trash, what had she done to deserve insults like this? Was it written on her face or something that she’d grown up poor? What was it about her?
Twenty million, she thought knowing the old her would have definitely gone for the money but she was too into Ise to do that, twenty million wouldn’t be enough to console her if she left him. He’d wound his way into her heart and she had it bad for him, how could she leave now when she felt such strong feelings for him? She wanted to explore what this was between them, the best part was knowing he had it just as bad for her.

The woman was fighting a losing battle, she couldn’t get to Ise so she wanted to get through to her, too bad but she wasn’t selling, not even if she needed the money badly.

“Its okay, Vicki I accept your apology.” Ise was telling Victoria who’d been apologizing for her attitude issues ever since she’d stepped into the house some twenty minutes back. She’d retracted all she’d said and had blamed it on anger at him, but she’d calmed down and decided she’d been wrong to have said all she had.

She smiled now, the lady was hot and she’d left her long hair down today, looking soft and beautiful but to him she didn’t hold a candle to Kite. Not just because of Kite’s beauty, but Kite got and held his attention, when he was with her he was happy, he was young, he wanted to joke and make her laugh. Ise knew was a hopeless romantic, when he fell for a girl, he fell hard. It had been the same with Izy and it was happening all over again with Kite, maybe even worse.

“So, we’re good?” Vicki asked bright eyed.

“Yeah.” He replied.

She got up “I should take my leave then.”

He got up after her but instead of her making her way to the door, she made her way to him instead.

“Ise..” She called him, letting his name linger in the air between them as she looked up at him with those smoky eyes.

“Yeah…” He said unsure of what she was playing at.

“Kiss me.” She says next.

“Whoa! Victoria, I’m not…..”

“hush,” she cooed “Kiss me Ise, don’t tell me you’ve not fantasized about having all this to yourself because I definitely have had some naughty thoughts about you.”

Ise cleared his throat, not sure what to say.

“Kiss me, Ise, don’t think about it, just do it.” She said stepping closer to him, he too a step back and she followed, before he could think of a reply to her he heard Kite’s voice .

“What’s going on?”

They both turned in her direction, Ise saw the initial confusion on her face turn into realisation as she looked from him to Vicki and back.

“oh, the tramp is around.” Vicki said turning to go collect her handbag but before she made it to the seat where she’d left it, Kite charged after her. Vicki had her back to her and didn’t see Kite coming for her.

Ise tried to stop Kite but the girl was so fast, grabbing Vicki by her hair, she spun her around, the other woman gasped from the pain and surprise but he got to her in time just before she could land the slap she was going for. He held her already raised hand and dragged her protesting body back.

“Leave me alone Ise, let me teach this bi’tch a few lessons.”

“ Control your animal , Williams.” Vicki told him, angering Kite even more, she struggled so much to get out of his grip, it took almost all he had to hold her back.

“ Leave, Vicki. Now!” He ordered turning to Kite “You need to calm down.”

“Did you hear her? She called me an animal and a tramp, let me show her what tramping is all about. Bit’ch!”

“Oh please,” Vicki replied her with an unaffected wave of hand “You wrote the book on bitching, you think we all don’t know the reason you’re with him? You’re just passing through, when he gets tired of you, he’ll go for a woman more his type, you low life gold digger from no where.”

“That’s enough, Vicki! Get out now.” Ise thundered. Vicki met his eyes and he made sure she saw he was also getting angry.

“What? You’re talking to me like that because of this nobody?”

“ She’s my girlfriend, Victoria and you really should leave now before I throw you out myself.”

“You’ll regret those words, Williams.” She told him wagging a finger in his face. “I promise you.”

“Whatever, just get going!” He told her and she did but not without a last word.

“It’s only a matter of time, tramp, tick tock!” She said she left the room.

Kite wasn’t struggling with him anymore but he could feel the anger emanating from her, Vicki’s words had cut deep into her.

“Kite,” He called her trying to get her to look at him but she jerked her arm from his grip, went to pick up her handbag and made her way to her room. He followed after her “Talk to me Kite.”

She didn’t reply, she continued to the room but he followed her in “ You know none of what she said was true, right?”

“Please leave me for a while, Ise, please.”

“No, I’m not leaving until you let me know what’s going on in your head.”

“I need to be alone….”

“No, not until you talk to me. Why do you always shut me out? Talk to me, now.”

She held his eyes, “You want me to talk?”

“Yes,” he replied.

“Okay, I’m tired Ise, I’m so frigging tired. This label everyone has given me, ‘gold digger’ it’s getting to me. Is it a crime to date you because you’re wealthy? Why is everyone labelling me a gold digger?

Okay, so I didn’t grow up in the best of neighbourhoods and I didn’t go to Ivy League schools and I don’t have some fancy accent but that doesn’t give anyone the right to judge me and make up things about me. They don’t know me one bit! They don’t , Ise!”

“No, they don’t.” He said pulling her into a hug. “And they don’t matter.”

“How can you say they don’t matter, Ise? They are your friends, your mother…”

“My mother?” He frowned. “Did she say anything to you?”

“No…” she started but he knew she was lying. He suddenly recollected this morning when his mother had come in to see him, Kite had answered the door and had begun acting strangely when she’d come up to call him. Her attitude had changed, she’d become reserved until he’d left the house.

“Tell me what she said,” he urged her pulling her back to look at her “I know she said something to you when she was here this morning. What was it? If you don’t tell me, I’ll go ask her myself right now.”

She sighed, giving in.“Just the same gold digging accusations.” She replied leaving him and going to sit on the couch in the room. He knew his mother had said something more hurtful than just that but Kite wasn’t telling him.
She continued “do you blame her? I don’t, if I were in her shoes I would probably think the same. I’m just tired Ise! I swear if one more person calls me a gold digger, I’m going to flip out and you won’t be able to hold me back.”
He went and sat beside her and taking her hand in his. “ None of them matter, what they think, its their business, it doesn’t affect the way I feel about you and they say these things when they’re frustrated. They say it in order to hurt you or me, you saw Vicki, she was coming on to me and reacted that way because I didn’t return her advances.”

Kite turned to him. “Yeah, I saw that, what was that about?”

“Don’t ask.” He told her and Kite laughed, He smiled glad that she was laughing again finally, he caressed her hand. “Don’t let them bother you, they’ll get tired eventually.”

“So…..” Kite looked at him “you mean you were not tempted to kiss her? Not even for a second?”

“Well…..maybe..” He joked

“Iseolu Williams, I will skin you alive!” She threatened also playing.

“Wow, talk about possessive.” He said as he kissed her on the lips, she returned his kiss and before he knew it his hands were travelling up her back pulling her close but she pushed him back breaking the kiss.

“But really, you should have let me slap some sense into her.”

He shook his head “That’s another thing I should talk to you about, Kite you really should take it easy with this fighting thing. You jump into fights at the slightest provocation and it’s really not cool.”

“Really?” She raised a brow “You’re talking? You who was just punching his friend yesterday?”

“That was different and you know. You get annoyed and the next thing you want to fight, its not lady like and one of these days you’ll meet someone who’ll fight back and it won’t be a pretty sight. Please Kite, instead of jumping into fights, try to control yourself. Will you do that?”

She shrugged “I grew up fighting, it’s all I know. I don’t talk much and I don’t know how to say hurtful things or insult people, when I get angry it’s like everything leaves my head and the next thing, I want to make the offending person suffer by inflicting pain on them. I really don’t know how to help it.”

“ You could walk away.” He told her.

“Walk? That’s what cowards do.”

“No, that’s what sensible people do, its mature and lady like. Will you try doing that next time?”
She shrugged “maybe.”

“maybe? That’s the best you can do really?” He asked as he pulled her closer to himself again, wanting a taste of her sweet body again, they’d been apart all day and it had been too much for him. He needed her again now. “I guess you’re quite hungry now, I’ll call the main house for dinner but since it will take them about fifteen minutes to get here, I have an idea what we could do in fifteen minutes.” He said nibbling the curve of her neck.

She smiled “Really? What can we do in fifteen minutes?”

“I’ll go make the call, you get n’aked and into the shower and you’ll see, when I get back.”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
angry... Ise's mother s breakin my heart

Tanx 4 d update
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by ammyammy: 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
hmmmmmmm now u Cum kip it up.I reverse my threat.bt pls do sum tin abt dat ur china PC . luv u
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
ammy.ammy:
hmmmmmmm now u Cum kip it up.I reverse my threat.bt pls do sum tin abt dat ur china PC . luv u

lmao, china ke? This my American specs PC, Rugged, stronger than ojabo kò fó? Dnt try my VIAO O! grin

@candid, thanks dear.

@
joshmoy: Av been patiently waiting for this repo girl... When du we get 2 hang out..? No strings attached

smiley, no strings attached? Reply pending.

Ghozye: Jst strtd rdin ds 2dy,stil on pg 1 n I must confess,u r rlly doin a great job here.The story z quite unique n kinda reminds me of Don't Mess With An Angel.Gud job,sweety.

thanks dear.

now, I had wanted to update d blog first but d way dis stupid phone is chopping data ehn, dat blog will wait. I have dis last chapter there but its not complete, so pls read d complete one here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (86) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / My Husband.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.