Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,928 members, 7,814,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> - Literature (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (644950 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Romance Story- The Neigbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Ghozye(f): 6:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
My swt aunty repo,hp u r gettin beta cos I'm prayin 4 u o!
Get wel soon...
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Melancholy(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
Aunty repo u are healed already in jesus name
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by magabounce(m): 12:39am On Aug 07, 2013
Anti Repo ure healed IJN Amen gwd health z ur birth right. Get well soon
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by olekubaby: 10:42am On Aug 07, 2013
dont be sick oooo, i place a demand for good health over your life. Arise and shine for you are the healed of the lord in Jesus name. Amen. HUGGING U IN THE SPIRIT Repogirl
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by dandollaz: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Repo girl u n ur laptop n phone n Gen n Fan n ur family will be healed IJN in adeboye voice amen.my refresh button is not working because i'm waiting for update
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nicoleama(f): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
Aunt repo,u ar healed in d name of Jesus.Ur write up is totally awesome.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
Guys, I know I disappointed badly, mesef am disappointed in myself, am sorry, but I 'll definitely finish up what I started tonite.

sorry about the letdown.

ghozye, melancholy, olekubabe, magabounce, plus anonymous on my blog page, thanks y'all, your wishes are working.

as for dandollaz, your own almost sent me into a relapse, thaink you sha. tongue
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by dahmylolah(m): 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
finally... wow repogirl... I must say u had me glued to ma fone for like forever.... I hardly ever come to the literature section but coming here and running into your story...I have been officially hooked.. Ur style of writing...Ur creativity.... it's amazing.. I hardly comment... and I have been a silent reader in nearly all the stories I read here on nairaland but i just had to say kudos... keep it up... and also hope u get on top of the weather soonest.. get well dawlin.. I need u to churn out this stories o.. mwahh

ps: how do I follow ur blog to get instant updates cos my dear.. I had to run dere to get the full uninterrupted gist... U know now... and the kity.. Williams scene.... womannn.. U go make man commit o... haaa
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by bquin2all(f): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
Repo... Ah ha8 perceiving d aroma of food ah aint gonna eat.Foloin dis story religiously n av gatten 2 d point wer ma "anger" cnt b controld so ah gat jus on tin 2 say... NEXT UPDATE PLZZZzzzzzzz
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by dlight1(m): 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
pls get well quickly o. I hereby release upon you the anointing for good health IJN and I bind every force against the daily of update IJN amen. Hoping for the update soon
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by princesa(f): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2013
Repogirl, bein long i checked in here, didn't knw u were sick. wish you Speedy recovery.smiley
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Aimedrey(f): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2013
aunty repo e ma sick o! the lord is your strenght and by his stripes you are healed!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2013

“ So a Range rover Autobiography, that’s worth about twenty five million, isn’t it?” Brenda asked smiling.

“Yeah, thereabout.” Izu replied her as he got himself ready for work. He had a busy day ahead, clients to deal with and suppliers he had to see. “It beats taking cash, so that we don’t leave any trail.”

He was seated on the bed in his room pulling on a shoe when Brenda got up from her side of the bed where she’d been lying and inched closer to him. He hoped she wasn’t planning on demanding for sex again, the babe was insatiable and he had meetings that morning. If it had been Kite, he might have stayed behind, he did miss her although he always pushed thoughts of her to the back of his mind. They’d hurt each other too much and he knew there was no going back to what they’d had before.

“So, you think Kite can pull it off? You trust her?” she asked him.

“She’s got no choice, I have two guys coming into town tomorrow who’ll help with the plan. Everything should go along well if she sticks to what I have planned.”

“Okay, and what will you do with the car when you have it?”

He smiled as he looked at her, this was the best part.
“It’s yours to do with as you please.” Her eyes widened as she gripped his arm tightly, he winced.

“What? Mine?But won’t it be traced to me?”

“ Don’t worry, I’ll handle that. The guys will take it down to your place in benin. It’ll sit there until you decide what you want to do with it. It wont be traceable, don’t worry.”

He saw the amazement in her eyes as she smiled “For real?”

“For real.” He replied and then she jumped on him, tipping him off balance, he fell back on the bed.

“Oh babe, you’re something else.” She said as she planted a wet one on him.

Rolling her over till he was on her, he replied cockily “I know, now, I really have to finish dressing up, I have really important meetings and I cant be late.”

She sighed as he got up “Do you have to work, babe?”
He laughed “I have to make money.”

She pouted “yeah, but why don’t you just go back to what you used to do? You made more money that way, faster and easier. I have a few contacts I could hook you up….”

“No!” Izu cut her off roughly, this girl wanted to get him in trouble again, he’d barely gotten away the last time and it had cost him Kite, and now here she was bringing it up again.

“But, just think about it….” She tried again.

“I said No, Brenda! There’s nothing to think about! I don’t want to hear you talk about it, ever!” He said firmly, looking at her, hoping she got the message.

She shrugged “Okay, Okay, if you say so. It’s just I wish we had more time to ourselves, you know?”

He shook his head “You finally have me all to yourself and it’s still not enough for you? What more do you want from me?”

She shrugged “You have no idea how I feel about you, Izu. If you did then you would understand.”

He absolutely had an idea, the chick was crazily obsessed with him. It was sort of annoying the way she latched onto him but they were together for a reason and he was enjoying the arrangement so far so he wouldn’t complain much.

“You know what, when we’re done with Kite, I’ll take a break, we’ll go back to benin and hang out for a while, is that good with you?” He asked as he got up, done with his shoes.

She smiled brightly and that was the answer he needed.

“S'hit, s'hit, s'hit.” Kite cursed going over the presentation she was putting together for her new idi’ot boss, he had a meeting in fifteen minutes and he was expecting it in ten. She doubted she would make it, how in the world did he expect her to design a twenty page slide in twenty minutes? The guy was such an idi’ot, she already knew working under him was going to be very trying but not this bad. He wasn’t going to make it easy on her at all. All morning, he’d been annoying, making lewd comments and eyeing her like he could see what was underneath her clothes, she’d so wanted to smack that annoying smirk off his face, her palms had literally been itching to do it but the self control she’d been working on since her chat with Ise had actually won.

She definitely couldn’t ask for another transfer, that would be strange. People were already talking as it was. She’d come into the office that morning with everyone giving her knowing stares. Was it because of the trip she’d taken with Ise or something else? Did they know they were living together? She hadn’t had much time to ponder about it as she’d been bombarded with work on meeting her new boss and other issues had to be moved to the back of her mind.

“Hey Kite!”

Kite looked up to see Jeje, flanked by Olly and Thonia on either side. “Hi Jeje.”

“You don’t look so good, whats up?” Olly noticed

“Work stuff, you guys heading out?” She asked them

“Yeah, Lunch, care to join us?” Jeje offered, She was currently in the finance department where she was in training, in a few years time when she was done with business school she would be joining her brother. The two were still not speaking with each other.

“ Is it time already?” Kite glanced at her wrist watch to see it was already a half past one “Wish I could but I’ve got to finish something for my slave driver boss in there.” She nodded in the direction of Kenny’s office.

Jeje smiled “ It’s okay, we all know what an as’s Kenny is, just take it easy and ignore over half of what he says, the guy is so annoying.”

“You can’t imagine.”

“Oh, but I can.” Jeje replied “ Alright then, see you later, let’s not keep you.”

“Alright,” Kite waved them off, her eyes going back to the computer screen. She doubted she’d have lunch at all that day, not with all the work she had piled up. She was bombarded with a million and one reports from all the departments which she had to go through and put together for him.

The intercom connecting her office with his buzzed and she pressed the button to answer it “Sir?”

“Are you done with the presentation?”

“Umm..I’m almost done…”

“almost? I need it like yesterday and you’re saying almost? Instead of working on it you’re out gisting with William’s sister and now you’re saying almost? Look you might have gotten away with laziness with Williams but I don’t condone such attitude so you better get your act together if you don’t want to get fired.” He said

Kite gritted her teeth as she looked up at the glass screen separating them, so the idio’t had been watching her, she held her tongue back from giving him a piece of her own mind and said instead “Yes sir.”

“Get me coffee,” he then said hanging up.

Kite took deep breaths, steadying herself. He needed coffee when she had barely five minutes to complete this presentation? The guy was seriously out of his mind, she was done with the slides already but was going over checking for corrections to some mistakes and misspellings she might have made but that would have to wait till he got his stu’pid coffee.

She got up from her seat needing to get down to the fifth floor where there was a make do kitchen, quite surprised to see Princess coming her way, staring at her like she knew something Kite didn’t. They ignored each other, Kite passing by and going on to the elevator. She would just have to find a way to endure everything that was going on and manage to work through it all, maybe after a few months she could request for another transfer if working under Kenny didn’t get better.

The elevator doors opened and she got in, punching in her floor and standing in a corner while she felt the eyes of the other people in there boring into her back. What was it? Was it the trip, she asked herself again counting the numbers of the floors till hers came up. She all but jumped out, glad to be out of that confining space.

Hurrying along to the Kitchen she bumped into Awe whose eyes widened on seeing her.

“Kite!” She exclaimed

“Hi Awe.” Going for the coffee machine, she really didn’t have the time to chit chat.

“Girl,” Awe shuffled herself to stand beside her “ The office is abuzz with news of you and Willie, is it true?”

Kite spared her a glance “What are they saying?”

“Not nice things, I can assure you. That you two have
some sort of affair going on and the trip the two of you took to China didn’t help, plus some people said you arrived at Jeje’s birthday party with him”

Kite sighed “Yes, but we’re dating, it’s not like an affair or fling, or anything.”

“Girl, are you sure about this? People are saying nasty things like you are …”

“Yeah, I know, I’m with him for what I can get from him, I don’t care. Let them say what they want. Look, I can’t really talk, I have to get this coffee to Kenny right now, we’ll talk later.”

“Alright girl, how’s your new boss?”

“horrible,” She said as she turned to see Martins coming in, also smirking and looking at her in that funny way, she decided to ignore him but she heard him say something. She turned “what’s that?”

He turned eyeing her “ I said, if it isn’t the boss’s personal assistant.” He said with emphasis on ‘personal’

She hissed and was about walking away when he stepped in front of her and added “ I thought you were married? What happened to your husband? Dumped him as soon as the boss came into the picture.”

“ See, if you don’t want this hot coffee in your face, I suggest you shut up and move out of my way, Martins and I’m not joking.” She warned.

He must have seen the seriousness in her eyes because he stepped aside, stu’pid fo’ol, he was lucky she was working on her self control these days. She got to the elevator in time before the doors closed, got another round of stares but pointedly ignored them all, she dared anyone of the jobless people to talk to her.

Back on her floor, she hurriedly made her way into Kenny’s office to see Princess lounging there with him. She was obviously jobless to be sitting there gisting with Kenny. The laughter they were sharing died as she came in, dropping the coffee on his desk, she turned to leave when he called her.

“Is my report done?”

She frowned, was this guy for real here? She’d spent the past precious minutes getting his damn coffee and here he was asking about his presentation.

“No Sir.” She gritted through clenched teeth.

“The meeting is in ten minutes, I want it done and in my mail in the next five minutes or else…., you might as well tidy your desk. You’ll be sitting in on it too, changing the slides for me so get yourself there before me.”

“Yes Sir,” She turned to leave

“And…” He continued “You received some reports from Ben in Sales, I’ll work on them myself, so just delete them, will you?”

She raised a brow, so he actually worked on stuff, she’d thought he’d given her all his work to handle. The lazy jackass!

“Yes Sir” She said turning to leave finally, very aware of Princess’s eyes on her, she wondered what that one was staring at. Walking back to her desk, she decided on sending the half completed work to his email. It would serve him right, imagine him threatening her job, trying to scare her. Too bad, but it would take more than that to get her scared, he’d not brought her in so he couldn’t take her out, that was Ise’s call.

She was playing the girlfriend card and wasn’t feeling bad about it, Kenny was a total a’ss and he deserved what he was going to get. He was lucky the slides were complete, just some corrections left. If the idiot wanted to be unreasonable, she was just going to play along with him. Fo’ol, she wished she’d given him more to worry about than just a kick to the crotch that day when he’d tried taking advantage of her.

Picking up her Laptop, she proceeded to the conference room where the meeting was to hold, she needed to be there early so as not to give her id’iot boss something else to threaten her over.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
“Yes dad, the issues with Tanoil have been sorted out, I think the problem was someone from our end leaking our information to AXEL which they were using against us. When I suspected it, I pulled everyone off the project and handled it myself. I talked one on one with Yoav, gave them time to think about what we were offering and it turned out well in the end, so by January next year, all paper work should have been concluded, Izy is seriously working on it.”

“Okay, So, you don’t know who the insider is?”

“Not yet but sooner or later we’ll catch them.” Ise said very confident as he watched his father on the screen. They’d just finished a meeting with the board and he was waiting behind for another meeting which would begin in a few minutes. This one involved the senior managers of all the departments giving their bi-monthly reports. His father was also expected to sit in on the meeting via video chat.

“Good job, son.” His father told him.

“Thanks Dad, you’re looking really good you know?”
He laughed “Really? I feel really good too, I just wish your mother would come over.”

Ise groaned “Tell me about it, it would be great to have her off my back for a while.”

His father laughed “She tells me you’re dating some girl she doesn’t approve of, it’s all she talks about all the time when she calls.”

Ise groaned “ With all due respect dad, mom has got to mind her business, She still treats me like I’m a kid, doesn’t she see I’m a grown adult now?”

“She cares about you son, you know how women are with these sort of issues. What’s this I hear going on between Jeje and Ola?”

Ise shook his head “ That is something else entirely, the two have been dating in secret for some time now. I found out on Jeje’s birthday and got into a fight…well, a one sided fight, I threw some punches at him and then left angrily. Jeje refused to come home, she stayed overnight with Izy , then my girlfriend had a word with her and she’s moved back into the house but refuses to speak to me until I apologise, which I don’t plan on doing.”

He heard his dad sigh but before he could say what he had in mind the door was pushed open and Kite walked in, laptop in hand and a nasty scowl on her face, she definitely wasn’t having a good day.

“Hey.” He called out to her and she turned noticing him. “you Okay?”

“I swear Ise, one more look from someone and I’m going to slap somebody. Can you imagine? They’re all staring and when I walk past, I can even hear their whispers, talking…..”

Ise cleared his throat signalling her to stop as he nodded in the direction of the television screen. She frowned and turned, looking at the screen, she registered the presence of his father. Her eyes widened in realisation as her face flamed up, “Oh I’m so sorry, I thought you were alone… umm, h-hello sir.”

“Hello dear, I guess you’re Ise’s new girlfriend?” He asked amused

“Ummm, yes sir, please don’t let me interrupt your conversation, I’ll just set up my things here.” She said scurrying away to a corner, Ise had to bite back his smile.

He turned back to his father who said “She’s really pretty, I can see why you’re hooked.”

“Dad…” Ise groaned, it was his turn to be uncomfortable, he decided to change the topic “I have to be in South Africa in two days,” he said, his eyes darting to Kite as she set up her P.C “Mr. Mangaliso from KFN industries requested for a meeting, seems we’ll be having new clients real soon.”

“That’s great news, son. Congrats.”

“Thanks, we beat other top companies to get this deal, I almost can’t believe it myself.” He said as Kite’s phone began to ring, he saw her look at the screen and then leave the room.

“Your girlfriend just left the room?” His dad asked.
Ise rolled his eyes, here they were talking about an important client whom they’d just acquired and his dad was asking about his girlfriend, anyway he knew his father had a million and one questions to ask about his girlfriend.

“Yes dad.” He replied knowing what would follow.

“So how serious is this thing between you two? Are you just having fun or is it heading somewhere.”

Ise sighed feeling very uncomfortable talking about his personal relationship to his dad but he knew he had to do this “I really do like her dad, and I think its definitely heading somewhere, I know its still early but the way I feel for her, I don’t understand sometimes and it’s not just because she’s attractive. She’s funny, smart and has a really good heart, I’m not saying she’s perfect. She definitely can be trying sometimes and she does have a past she likes to keep to herself, but she’s a good person, I really like her.”

“Hmmm, and how about how your mom feels about her?”

“Mom hasn’t even given her a chance, she’s made up her own theories and nothing will convince her otherwise, but really, that’s not my problem. It’s my life and I trust my instincts, you taught me that yourself, dad.”

“Oh great, use my words against me.” He said amusedly

“Anyway, I don’t have a problem who you date but I advice you to be careful, you know how it is. I trust you to make the right decisions anyway so I won’t say much.”

“Alright dad, thanks.” He stated eager to move off from this uncomfortable topic “Can we now talk about business?”

The older man laughed “Sure son, what’s next?”

It was late when Ise finally stepped into the house, Mondays were the busiest days for him and today had been no different. He’d gone from one meeting into another and had spent the rest of the evening working on somethings with Izy, not that he was complaining anyway. He loved running the corporation, thinking up strategies and being rewarded for the hard work that went into everything. He just wished he could spend more time with this lovely girlfriend of his, he usually arrived home late and they had only the weekend to themselves. He felt it wasn’t enough for them, she wasn’t complaining but he couldn’t help but feel guilty especially as his busy schedule had contributed to the breaking down of his last serious relationship.

He’d hardly had time for Izy as he’d been mostly in China at the time setting up their offices there and even when he was back in the country, he’d been so eager to learn the workings of the company that he’d pushed her aside assuming she would still be there when his schedule lightened up but he’d been so wrong. He knew Kite and Izy were different people but he didn’t want to do anything to jeopardise this relationship. He’d gone two long years before he’d finally found the right girl, he definitely did not want to ruin this. He’d cancelled most of his coming trips or put some other people in his place of him because he didn’t want to be apart from her for too long but the trip to South Africa tomorrow couldn’t be avoided, WOLCORP was bringing in a big new client, he had to be there himself for formalities and all that.

He walked to Kite’s room, knocked on the door and pushed it slightly open, she wasn’t in there. Maybe she was upstairs in his room, he decided. The time was eleven p.m, she definitely had to be sleeping but as he passed by the study door, he noticed the light on and he pushed the door open to see her, bent over her computer, working furiously. Her hands flying over the keyboard as she typed as if her life depended on it.

He sighed, for her to be awake by this time, he was sure Kenny had bombarded her with loads of work. He recalled that afternoon at the meeting when he’d almost picked a fight with his friend. During his presentation, Kenny had kept on insinuating Kite was incompetent. His slides had had a few mistakes, mostly typo’s that could be ignored but he would always say

“Forgive my P.A, she’s still quite new at this”, or some other snide comment. Ise had kept his composure while Kite had had a murderous expression on her face. He knew Kite to be good and thorough in whatever she did, so this had to be on Kenny, he wondered what it was between those two, a gut feeling told him something had happened that night at Ola’s party when they’d been so cosy with each other.

He doubted either would be willing to come forward with what had happened that night, should he ask her? Would she deny that something had happened just like Kenny had when he’d called him into his office after the meeting to talk? Kenny was usually loud mouthed and talked easily but this time he’d kept mute and shrugged everything off, Ise suspected differently but what could he do? He’d finally had to let Kenny go, maybe Kite would be more forthcoming?

He hoped she would, not only about her issue with Kenny but also on her boyfriend, Ise had been having a nagging feeling that something wasn’t right between Kite and her ex. Sal had spotted them together at the parking lot and had recognised him from when he’d seen him during the weekend, when he’d dropped the envelope with security. Sal had told him the two had been having some sort of heated discussion and wanted to know if the guy was some kind of threat to her. Ise hadn’t been sure what to reply because he really didn’t know what was going on between Kite and her ex. She’d brushed it off as nothing when he’d asked her the last time and he didn’t want to intervene against her wishes, that might cause even more problems. If only he knew what was really going on.

“Hey,” He called her from where he stood in the doorway.

She looked up and then broke into a huge smile “Hi, you’re finally back.”

“Yeah,” He replied thinking how genuine her smile seemed, there was no way she could be hiding things from him, she had genuine feelings for him. “And you’re still up.”

She sighed, lowered the screen of her laptop and approached him, “I’ve got loads of work to do, Kenny is such an…I know he’s your friend and all but…the guy is an id’iot and a slave driver.”

He eyed the way her hips filled out those drawstring short shorts appreciatively and the cleavage peeking over the camisole she wore as she walked the short distance to him, wrapping her arms around his neck, welcoming him home with a kiss he gracefully accepted. She scented so wonderful.

“Where have you been?” She asked

“At the office, going over some things with Izy, concerning our new clients from S.A, contracts and all, boring stuff really.”

“What’s with you and Izy anyway? There’s this kind of vibe I get from her, I know you two are family friends but it’s like she cares for you way too much.”
He frowned, “why do you say so?”

“She asked me a lot of questions the last time I was at her place, personal and otherwise, I think she’s got some feelings for you.”

Ise frowned, he couldn’t blame her if she did, they’d been together for a long time and had even been engaged so it wasn’t surprising. “ Were her questions annoying?”

“No, not at all. I didn’t get a jealous vibe,” Kite explained gesturing with her hands “ Just like really protective, I like her but where we’ll have problems is if she has designs on you, that will get her into my black book instantly.”

Ise laughed “You can relax on that, she’s happily engaged to someone. She and I used to be together, she was my first real girlfriend and vice versa, we were engaged to be married but then some things happened.”

“Oh!” Kite’s eyes widened, stunned for a few seconds before she frowned “I knew it, I had a nagging feeling there was something between you two. So… were you like… each other’s firsts?”

“First….?” His voice trailed as he asked her back although he knew what she was asking.

“Lovers?” She asked

“Yeah, we were.”

“Wow, and you two can still be civil with each other? What happened, why did you guys break up?”

He had to sit down to go into this, so he pulled her to the couch, sat down and drew her down onto his lap.

“ She cheated on me Kite.” He told her going straight to it. “I was quite busy at the time and hardly had time for her, we had lots of fights over my tight schedule, she began suspecting and accusing me that I was up to some suspicious things in China and that was the real reason I was away a lot. She met someone she thought really liked her, slept with him. I found out from Kenny and that was the end of the relationship. Trust there was a lot of anger and annoyance on my part, I’d for seen our future together, planned everything and all that. I’d even told myself that as soon as I was done with China, we would get hitched, you can’t begin to imagine my disappointment, but she felt really bad about it, especially as she’d also been used by the guy whom she refused to name or tell me about. I refused to see her for a while but you know time heals the heart, I managed to get over it, forgave her and we got talking again, besides she’s Izy, she’s a real sweetheart if you get to know her.”

Kite who had been watching him all the while he’d been talking finally spoke “I know, I do like her, she doesn’t seem pretentious or annoying like others in your stuck up circle. She still cares a lot about you, I bet she misses you.”

“Maybe, but that’s too bad isn’t it? Now I have you.” He told her snaking his hand under the loose cami, destination brea’st.

“Hey, slow down, Mister.” She held back his hand “I have work to do, I really don’t need distractions.” She made to get up but he held her back.

“ Just a quick one, it won’t take too long, I promise.” He said already kissing her cleavage exposed by the plunging neckline of the top.

She laughed “Ise, once isn’t enough for you, if we do this now then I won’t touch this work till I get into the office tomorrow and that can not happen. I have to finish this tonight, I don’t want a repeat of what happened at the meeting this afternoon?”

“Yeah.” Ise stopped and looked at her “I spoke to Kenny about that.”

“You did?”

“Yeah, I didn’t like those remarks he kept on making about you especially as I know differently. Is there something between you two? Bad blood? Tension?.”
Even before she replied, he got his answer as her body stiffened “Not really…”

“You sure? Nothing happened at the party at Olamide’s place some weeks back?”

“Did he say something happened?” She asked frowning.

“If he did, would I be asking you?” He asked her back, a bit brusquely. Something had definitely happened but she didn’t want to say, what were the two of them hiding, he wondered.

She got up and he didn’t stop her “Nothing happened okay? We danced and then we parted ways, that was what happened, no need getting worked up over nothing.”

He decided not to say anything on the issue anymore, but he knew there was something between the two of them. “So, you’re okay under him?”

“I’ll manage.” She replied as she resumed her seat behind the desk.

“Is there any thing that happened today you want to let me know about? Apart from Kenny? Were there any more messages from your boyfriend?” He asked trying to make this easy for her, he was asking her first because he needed to trust her.

She frowned “Ummm…no,” She started but then as if changing her mind, she shook her head “Okay, yeah…he was at the office briefly…trying to get me to see him for a private talk but that will definitely not be happening, I can assure you.”

He let out a sigh of relief grateful that she’d been truthful with him. “You sure you have it under control? You don’t want me to come in?”

“No, I’m fine, really. I think he got the message today, I won’t be seeing him again.” She replied raising the screen of the computer and preparing to get back to work.

He decided to leave her to her work, he had a filled day the next day himself which he had to prepare for.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Albert0011(m): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nice update dear bt its 2 short....hoping 4 more update sha.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
dahmylolah:
ps: how do I follow ur blog to get instant updates

Hi dahmy, thanks much for your glowing comments, made me smile. To follow, just add me to your circles if you're on G+.

Guys abeg manage this, na sick sick I take write am, thanks.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by lukfame(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2013
Welcome back repoaunty...we miss u like bad...thank God u back on the screen...
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by lukfame(m): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2013
Kite agains battalions..(Kenny,princess,martins,vicky,izu,brenda,ise's mum et all).... pray she comes out victorious
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by CHOREM(f): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2013
Thank God my silent prayers has been finally answered. Tank u repogirl. Ow ur body? The Lord is ur strength.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2013
Something not right, why will she still be hiding tinz that are of great important and tinz that don't really count from ise. That says she doesn't trust him enuf to tell all of it. And that (2 me) says she doesn't love him enuf *my opinion tho* repo i wish you great and speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by DonBrutus(m): 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2013
Repo babe, i really admire ur work but pls i do hv a question, what exactly does kite stand to lose if she comes clean with ise abt kenny? I mean its not practical for someone to keep things like that xpecially when d person is free frm wrong doing like in her case. Tnx
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by tobex23(m): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
not again, repogirl is here again just as i was about running mouth, not that am a chop and clean mouth reader, just that all what i can say has already bin said; fantastic, lovely, brilliant, such a good writer, talented, gifted...the list goes on like that, anyways hows you now, hope you are getting berra....wishing you quick recorvery.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Angel778(f): 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nice update as usual. pls, i think dis kite keeping of secret to me is making d story nw looks unreal. what has she got to loose by coming out clean. pls get well fast. sorry abt ur health.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by DonBrutus(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2013
Madam repo pls sorry abt ur health, but wld love if u answer me cuz this story of urs am really passionate abt
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by dlight1(m): 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
thanks for the update, patiently waiting for more hope u're perfectly fine now.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by IZUKWU(m): 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
repogirl:

Hi dahmy, thanks much for your glowing comments, made me smile. To follow, just add me to your circles if you're on G+.

Guys abeg manage this, na sick sick I take write am, thanks.
what is G+
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
Don Brutus: Repo babe, i really admire ur work but pls i do hv a question, what exactly does kite stand to lose if she comes clean with ise abt kenny? I mean its not practical for someone to keep things like that xpecially when d person is free frm wrong doing like in her case. Tnx

great question, yours and angel 777, she has her reasons, I'll talk abt it in the next chapter.
pls be patient.

damex, yeah maybe she doesn't trust him or love him enough yet. We'll see sha.
it will all come out later.

@izukwu, google+

thanks guys, I'm still quite down bt will try to write. Thanks for d wishes, I appreciate. Y'all are wonderful.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ehya... Our sweet aunt repo... Wishin u d veri bst n ur health n all...
Ur update s always wondaful,tnx 4 makin my day
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by jumzzy448: 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
Repogirl, wishing you quick and speedy recovery.
ℓ̊ know the update is short but will definitely manage it.
Get well soon.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Rajosh(m): 11:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
Thank God aunty Repo is back. @Kite please don't let the fears of Ise's mom come to pass. @Repo you're realy doing a great job.Combining your life outside nairaland and nairaland itself is energy consuming.We your fans are greatful to you for giving us something worth the trouble of keeping late nights.Thumbs up.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Fishoy(f): 1:33am On Aug 09, 2013
Get wel soon o.....nice update!!!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Diamonddamsel: 10:12am On Aug 09, 2013
Very interesting update.Keep up the good work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (86) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / My Husband.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.