Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> - Literature (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (645875 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Romance Story- The Neigbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by milkydoll(f): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hv been following dis thread 4rm d first page to dis page,am realy loving dis dat I was realy stuck up wit my fone,wat a nyc write up,u realy rock girl wink,pls I can't wait to get to d end of dis,am waiting 4 ur updates,hope ur faring beta now as pertaining ur health nd if not wishing u quick recovery,u da bestest eva kiss nd dis my email 4 any update rozenabor@yahoo.com
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Vdollars(m): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
You guys should know that some pple are generally secretive,i think Kite didnt open up to Ise because she didnt want to be the cause of misunderstandin btw the two friends. I think i've seen a movie similar to this story.Repo is great,well organised story plot!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Vdollars(m): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
jumzzy448: ℓ̊ know the update is short but will definitely manage it.
Haba guy,you call that update short?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Vdollars(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pls how do i open a thread on NL
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by nelxsantos(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
OH REPO AWERSOME U BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
V-dollars:
You guys should know that some pple are generally secretive,i think Kite didnt open up to Ise because she didnt want to be the cause of misunderstandin btw the two friends. I think i've seen a movie similar to this story.Repo is great,well organised story plot!

oh, v dollars, you just spilled the beans. I've been reading y'all's comments since without replying but I had to talk now.

vdollars is so on point, I wrote a little today and cleared dat up, it was like you read it. Now it wee look like am using what you just said.

u think u seen a movie similar to this, now am depressed but I know it can't be similar because of what I have planned at the end which we are steadily coming to.

guys, thanks soooo much, I feel your love really, its encouraging and I am getting better.
rajosh, milkydoll, diamond damsel,fishoy, jummzy (short ke? Over 4000 words for a chapter?), thanks guys, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
V-dollars:
Pls how do i open a thread on NL

goto the section you want to open it and look closely up where you have the headings.
where you see the number if the pages in the section.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by jumzzy448: 7:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
repogirl:

jummzy (short ke? Over 4000 words for a chapter?), thanks guys, I appreciate it.
ℓ̊ didn't mean short like D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̣̣̥ ooo
ℓ̊ meant compared to Ūя other updates.
All the same, thanks for the update.
And hope U̶̲̥̅̊ ar getting better now?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by jaybiz007(m): 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
At repogirl,u are indeed a great writer...may divine inspiration,wisdom and knowledge to pen down a story never depart from you dearie.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Juderejoice(f): 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
Repogirl.. I luv dis story i love wat u doin and i wish i am brave enuf to develop my talents lyk dis..... The story is awesome...

I hope ur health is in perfect condition now.
Best of luck
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by laykhorn(m): 8:42am On Aug 10, 2013
another breathe-taking experience from that update
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by laykhorn(m): 8:43am On Aug 10, 2013
Also, wish you a speedy recovery.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by naijaboiy: 11:08am On Aug 10, 2013
Nyc!!!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by abiodunawe: 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
Never thought I wIll get 2 dis comment page, but Wowgrin its really happening. I've got a lot 2 say n I knw I might take a full page dat some might mistaken for anoda chapter of d storygrin but I will try 2 mk dis as brief as possible.
I first saw ur writeup arnd May but wasn't really chanced 2 read d first 7 chapters, when I finally did I couldn't help but come 2 d literature section searching for your work and I must confess I really enjoyed every bit.grin
I have really personalized dis book dat it paints for me a picture of our everyday dealings with life. U meet diff type of pple: rich,poor,good. Bad, less priviledged etc. Moreso d characters potray d type of person we can all be. U c pple wif d mindset of IZU taking side wif him 4 definitely wanting a payback on kite or pple wif d mindset of princess really annoyed wif Ise for not noticing her. Wt abt Kite ,who some pple might just b filled wif pity for jst because she is a victim of circumstance or some richfolks hating on Ise 4 being so love struck and overlooking some important details abt kite's evasiveness or forgoing better options lyk Fifi. I might sound judgemental abt dis but its actually wt I tink and I'm open to correction or better still agreement.
I found myself being filled wif pity 4 Kite at one point but hating her at d oda 4 trying 2 b secretive or let's say evasive abt her ex's blackmail which she cld have actually prevented (or cld still prevent depending on d way d story goes) by cmin out plain b4 Ise. D conclusion I can draw frm dis is dat we re all responsibe for our actions.
Finally I must Credit d writer "Repo girl" for d energy, time and resources put into dis work cos I can feel d anxiety with which u had 2 wrk trying 2 meet d demands of ur never ending readers THUMBS UP GIRL!!! I can't hold myself back but say dis prayer dat God in his infinite mercy continually bless u and 4ever b ur source of inspiration( Amen)
PS: I'm not sure of d pronunciation of "Repo" is it with an english or yoruba tone or otherwise?. Cos I find myself calling it more lyk a yoruba namegrin
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Ghozye(f): 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
Thnk God u r beta naw,n thnk u 4 droppin ds luvly chapter.

I'm very scared 4 Kite because d way I c Ise,he wldn't b as nys as he z ryt naw if he shld find out abt d finz she z keepin away frm him by himslf. I can undastnd her being evasive abt ha deal wiv Izu,bt y doznt she wnt 2 tel him wat actually happnd wiv Kenny dt nyt sef? Na wah o!

Aunty repo,u r undeniably gud altho ds suspense z nt gd 4 my health sha... embarassed
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by emygreat747(m): 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ghoyze u'r nt the only one scared here,i too get scared weneva i see any update on this thread.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
I must say, u guys are killing me with your praises, thanks much everyone, I'm so so grateful. Some bad belle people will think its butt kissing (na Una sabi tongue).

guys thanks, I'm feeling so good by your comments that d story nor wan lemme rest, I'm writing anytime I have some free time, so hopefully I'll put up something sometime tomao.

juderejoice, jaybiz, laykhorn, naijaboi, I see u guys, thanks much.

abiodun, wow, where do I start, I love your review of the story, so glad you can relate with it, that's one of my greatest fears, that its unreal or becoming fantasy.
thanks much for the prayers, Amen to them and for taking time out to write this epistolary review, means so much to me.

lastly Repo is pronounced Reepo like reap, smiley, thanks much dear, I so appreciate.

@ ghozye, lol, u'll survive the suspense, dear. I wnt be tempted to spill any beans, hang in there for a bit longer.

lol@emygreat, e don bcome horror story?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Tinu02(f): 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
Repogirl....Does ise exist?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
Startd dis morning,nw I'm here#phew#More grease 2 ur elbow ma'am!!!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
Tinu-02:
Repogirl....Does ise exist?

hahaha, If he does, I would like to meet him meself.

thanks @ adesuave.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 4:20am On Aug 11, 2013

“ Mom, so you’re sure you’re doing well?” Kite asked her mother for the umpteenth time needing to be really sure she was fine, already knowing what her reply would be but she still had to ask.

“Okiemute, how many times will you ask me that same question? I’ve told you already, I’m very okay, I don’t know why these doctors insist I stay in this place, I have a lot of things I should be doing at home. Everyone is treating me like such an invalid when I’m perfectly recovered. I’m sure they are just keeping me so that the bills will keep running.”

Kite smiled, she was definitely okay, her mouth was so sharp. “Mom, considering you just had surgery just last week, I think its routine to keep you there for a while.”

“Routine, routine, I’m tired of hearing that word. I have so much work I kept on hold because of all this. I know that I’m okay now, why won’t anyone listen to me?”

“It’s okay mom, just endure it for a while ehn? I’m sure very soon the doctors will clear you to go home. We all know you’re a strong woman, so just bear for a while.” Kite said trying to placate the other woman.
She grunted. “How’s your new job by the way? Stanley tells me it’s how you could afford the surgery and everything.”

Kite smiled, that and a very generous employer - boyfriend “Yes ma, the job is going well.”

“Okay, I’m happy about that, you see how God answers prayers, I told you to be patient for a while, something was bound to come up, you’re a smart girl and you would be an asset in any place you work. By the way, how about that your boyfriend? How is he by the way, when will you people come and do the right thing?”

Kite’s eyes widened, she was talking about Izu. Kite had kept his disappearance from her family, but now she thought it was time to let her mother know what was going on. “Erm, actually, Izu and I broke up some time back.” She started slowly.

“What? You and that young man?”

“Yes ma….”

“Why?”

‘Because he was an idiot, that was why’, but she said instead “We just didn’t work out.”

“Okiemute, you just didn’t work out, after how many years of dating? Anyway, I hope you’ve learnt from it, it’s better to break up now than later anyway. I know you are sensible so I wont say much, just don’t repeat whatever mistakes you made before, is that okay?”

“Yes ma,” she replied then quickly changed the subject “So you don’t need me to come over?”

“No o, there’s no need, not at the moment, maybe later during the Christmas holidays but for now just concentrate on your new job, my dear.”

“Okay, mom, I guess I should go now if everything is fine with you?” She told her needing to get back to work.

“Yes dear, thank you very much for everything, the lord is your strength. He’ll continue to reward your hardwork….oh, before I forget, Stanley told me you’ve been able to settle their fees and accommodation.”

“Yes ma, I was able to, I’m sure Dafe was very happy.” She smiled as she thought of her youngest brother who was such a book worm, he never joked with his studies. For that reason they’d nicknamed him Prof, which was short for Professor.

“You can’t imagine, my dear. Well done, what would I have done without a daughter like you? You are truly wonderful, my prayers will now be for you to meet a wonderful young man who will take care of you the same way you are taking care of us… thank you my dear, you’ll keep on being blessed.”

“Amen, thank you mom.” Kite smiled, she was just glad her family was doing well, they were all she really had. “ Please try and co operate with the doctors and let them know if you feel anything is wrong.”

“Okay my dear, but everything is fine by God’s grace.”

“Yes mom, it is. So we’ll talk later?”

“Yes, we will.”

Kite hung up, resting back into the chair in Ise’s study. It was a public holiday today and the next day and as was the usual these days, she’d been working on some office stuff since morning when she’d decided to take a break by calling her mother after she couldn’t concentrate on the work anymore. She had a lot going through her mind. She and Ise had been going through some turbulence lately, since that Monday evening when he’d asked her what was going on between she and Kenny. She’d tried to shrug it off as nothing but he’d not believed her explanation and although he’d not said much about it, she knew he wasn’t happy with her because since then there had been a strained air between them and it was eating at her. She just wanted things to go back to the way they’d been but she wasn’t sure how to do that.

He’d been away for three days now and whenever he called, it was easy to feel the underlying tension. She was very tempted to tell him the truth but she knew it would cause a huge rift between the two friends. She was already not too popular among his family and acquaintances, did she want to ruin his friendship also? Besides it had been a one time thing, and they’d not been together at that time so it was really no biggie, she just wanted to let it go and move on from it. Kenny was a trying boss but he’d not made any other moves on her since then so she guessed they could let it go but what was she to do with Ise was acting like she was keeping one great secret from him?

She couldn’t imagine what he would do if he found out what she was really keeping from him. He couldn’t ever find out, that was why she wanted this business with Izu done and dusted. She’d finally agreed to help him get the car, Jeje’s car, not that she’d had much of a choice in the matter. It had been a close one on Monday when Izu had surprised her with a visit at the office just before the meeting. That guy, it seemed he was intentionally trying to get her into trouble, showing up in places he could be easily spotted with her. She’d had a huge argument with him about why he’d chosen to come to the office where he could be seen and just like she’d thought, Sal had seen them and reported to his boss. She’d been so angry she’d threatened him with going to the police with information she had about his past deals but he’d laughed it off and warned that if she did that, she would also be implicating herself because she’d been accessory in some of those schemes. If he was arrested, he’d surely take her along with him. He was right, there was no way she could separate herself from it all, she’d known about what he was into and had even helped out sometimes so she’d calmed down instead but had warned him never to come unannounced to her place of work ever, because if Ise caught on to what was going on, then she would expose everything to the police damning the consequences. He’d probably taken her threat seriously because the next day he’d called her for a meeting with the guys, Chinedu and Joshua who were helping with the operation.

Izu couldn’t do a job without Chinedu, she wasn’t sure about the Joshua guy, but he came highly recommended by Nedu. He’d been Izu’s friend since university and couldn’t understand what in the world had happened between she and Izu. He’d agreed to do the job but he didn’t like it, he didn’t exactly know Izu was blackmailing her but he definitely knew something had gone seriously wrong between the two of them and had agreed to the job because Izu was paying quite a huge sum he couldn’t pass up.

They’d come up with a plan that was going down that night, which was another of the things going through Kite’s mind. Ise was out of town till Saturday morning which was good, she’d talked Jeje into hanging out that night and they’d decided to watch a movie at Silverbird Entertainment Centre. The car-jacking was to happen later on their way back home after the last movie of the day. She was feeling really bad about what she was going to do but the consolation was that it wouldn’t be a problem to get another one for Jeje, the Williams’s were wealthy enough to buy her a private Jet if they so desired, but still it was quite heartbreaking.

Shifting the unpleasant thoughts from her mind, she tried to go back to work, staring at the figures on the worksheet on the screen of her computer, something wasn’t right there either. She’d downloaded the files Kenny had instructed her to delete curious as to what he really did. It had been the company’s financial reports for the past few months, on the outside it all seemed clean and tidy but she’d looked closer and noticed some discrepancies. For one, the project with VILDE group which she was sure was almost done with but were still paying the contractors huge sums of money, that had been a red flag. She’d been sure there was some sort of mistake and she’d begun digging deeper on Tuesday and had even enlisted the help of Thonia and Olly who were at the moment helping her go through some past reports.

So far she’d uncovered about three different jobs whose contractors were being highly overpaid for work that she’d thought was finished. Now, she suspected Kenny knew about this, how could he dish out such amounts of money so easily? She suspected the project managers might be in on it too, maybe even the engineers, who knew? She didn’t know how deep this really went, all she had were suspicions, she couldn’t start pointing fingers yet until she knew who and who were In it so she had to keep it on the down low for now.

Her phone rang and she looked at it, she did a double take on seeing the number on the screen, it was Lucky. No way! She picked it, asking uncertainly “Lucky?”

“Hi Kite.” Lucky said.

“Hey… are you calling me for real or you misdialled?” She asked warily.

“You’re not serious Kite! What do you mean I misdialled? I’ve been worried about you, I know you don’t really care about our friendship so I, being the caring one decided to put a call to you first to ask how you’ve been?”

“Oh? After you threw me out of your apartment, how do you expect me to feel?”

“You chose to leave with that trouble magnet boyfriend of yours! How are you two, that’s what I called to find out, has he put you into trouble again?”

“No, actually you got your wish, we broke up for good.”

“What? When?” Her voice was concerned.

“A few weeks back.”

“Really, what happened?”

Kite shrugged as if it didn’t matter to her anymore.“ I guess you were right, he was just bad news but I never saw it, but it’s over between us and I’ve since moved on.”

“Okay….so how have you been and where in the world are you?”

“I’ve been good and….a lot has happened since then. I moved in with my boss, Ise Williams.” Kite said bracing herself for what was next.

“You did what?” Lucky Screeched.

“It’s not like it sounds really, he offered…. No, he insisted I move in with him and I really like him, Lucky. He was there when I had no one, you guys had just thrown me out and I’d just left Izu….you know he’s always had a thing for me, and to tell you the truth, I always liked him, its just I had to suppress those feelings because I was with Izu.
I know it sounds crazy moving in with him but he’s a great guy and I must tell you, I’m liking him way too much.”

“Hmmm, okiemute, I do hope you know what you’re doing, dating the boss, that’s not such a good thing, especially if the relationship goes south, would you still have your job? Even if you did, can you work with him comfortably?”

Kite sighed, Lucky was ever the logical one “Girl, I’m just going with the flow, I’ve given in to my feelings for him, isn’t it better to try and see where this leads instead of being safe all the time?”

“yeah, you do have a point, anyway, I do wish you the best, being with a responsible billionaire gentleman certainly beats being with the Mr. Unpredictable you were dating before, I’m so happy you finally kicked him to the curb but girl, you no try o. You should have at least called nau.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry but I was still angry with you guys for throwing me out like that, I’ll come see you sometime next week after work, in the evening, is that okay?”

“Yeah, it is. How’s your mom doing? Last I heard she was getting ready for surgery.”

“Yeah, it went well, I’m just waiting for the test results that the growth wasn’t cancerous. She’s doing really well.”

“Oh, we thank God.”

“Yeah, and how about Di?”

“She travelled o, she went home for a while, she’s been bugging me to call you but I’ve been stubborn about it, now that she’s not around I got so bored and lonely, my guilty conscience pricked me so much that I finally had to give into calling you. I’m glad to know that you’re alright.”

“Thanks dear, I’m also glad you called.”

“Okay then, I guess we’ll talk later?”

“Yeah good night”

“Goodnight.”

6 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 4:20am On Aug 11, 2013

18 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 4:21am On Aug 11, 2013
Mawring guys, enjoy and happy new week.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by akinsdeji(m): 5:20am On Aug 11, 2013
Good write up here,morning madam winkGood write up here,morning madam
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Popowaa: 7:00am On Aug 11, 2013
God bless u aunty repo.Just dont understand Kite at all she will loose everything if Ise finds out she had a hand in this.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by pillzthadrugz(m): 7:24am On Aug 11, 2013
Like seriousely........Repo just murderd this chapter.
And, one last theng.......the unpredictable sense of the story makes me fall inlove with it over and over again.........cant wait to see how it ends.........hope kite wont be caught on this abi?.......nice1 gurl i beliv in yhu.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Angel778(f): 7:25am On Aug 11, 2013
i am soo heartbroken! kiteee why? thanks for d update.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Fishoy(f): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2013
Kite whyyyyy ?shes bound to loose everything @dis point......thk u repo fr dis updatesmiley
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by rofemiguwa(f): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2013
Kitee whyyyy? sad sad why were u so foolish.wat a way to lose a gud tin.now its finally over for her.repo my heart is broken.m even crying.she had such a gud tin going on.thanks for the update more ink to ur pen.luv ya kiss
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Juderejoice(f): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2013
Wow wow wow wow wow....
.... U got me soo hooked repo.... I'm so luvin dis story
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by laykhorn(m): 11:45am On Aug 11, 2013
pillzthadrugz: Like seriousely........Repo just murderd this chapter.
And, one last theng.......the unpredictable sense of the story makes me fall inlove with it over and over again.........cant wait to see how it ends.........hope kite wont be caught on this abi?.......nice1 gurl i beliv in yhu.
Exactly! Thumbs up for the update
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by laykhorn(m): 11:59am On Aug 11, 2013
pillzthadrugz: Like seriousely........Repo just murderd this chapter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (86) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / My Husband.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.