Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

"I don't believe in God, but I go to church" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" (7968 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 3:41am On Aug 19, 2005
a poor man can mean anything you know. anyone that's deprived or anything. in the book i read "malcolm X", poor man meant the "underrepresented minorities" (the black men), anyone going through hardship. e.t.c.  i consider myself poor

you don't have to be living form hands to mouth to be poor. if you rely on heaven as the solution to your hardship then you're suffering.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by kazey(m): 3:44am On Aug 19, 2005
Now you do read Malcom X books. formarly an NOI before he seperated. I guess you read far and wide. not bad. Well such is the world. and such is the belief system.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 3:51am On Aug 19, 2005
what's NOI?
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by kazey(m): 3:55am On Aug 19, 2005
Goodness and you read Malcom X books. Nation of Islam founded by Elijah Muhammad, the group has a lot of controversies in their practices, they are a racist group that promote supposedly Islam in the name of black brother hood to be precise and thats why Malcom X seperated after his pilgrimage and he was killed later on by the NOI because he speaked against them in relation to their practicies. I taught you would know since you read his book.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 4:02am On Aug 19, 2005
well i know he was a former member of the Nation of Islam but i just didn't recognize the abbreviation.

that book is also an example of how people worship to suit their style, society e.t.c. in America, the so called muslims practiced islam in a totally different way from the generally accepted muslim way of worship in the east.

and also how the authors of the bible wrote the book to suit their believes then when they didn't have explanation to things we have explanation to today.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by kazey(m): 4:06am On Aug 19, 2005
Hehehe don't start that here grin. It like saying is the Quran God's word? you going to get a lot of emotional responses. And honestly i don't think the Nairaland members are intellectually matured for that.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 4:08am On Aug 19, 2005
tell me did some methuselah really lived 969 years? how, did he fall asleep like sleeping beauty and woke up like 50 decades later?
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by kazey(m): 4:11am On Aug 19, 2005
The hibernation of homo-sapiens , scientifically for 50 years is not possible, especially without nutrients and also the environment to keep it alive.

But who knows, the books are full of miracles.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 4:12am On Aug 19, 2005
This is getting interesting. Both of you should remember. God is watching you. cheesy
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 4:15am On Aug 19, 2005
does he watch married couples have sex too? cheesy hehe. he must be seeing some interesting things from up there.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 4:18am On Aug 19, 2005
He does. He also sees girls being raped by wicked men, infact he also sees people die...and he also sees people cry and pray. God is so good, he sees everything. smiley He sees people that suffer, he sees people that call him day and night and fast and get slim and die. He sees it all. Isn't he amazing? shocked
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Jackie(f): 4:28am On Aug 19, 2005
Guys, these is very interesting topic but at same time very important. God is real get close to him, spend some time read the Bible, say prayers. why do you all think your parents go to church? Because they know the goodness in it. First you have to accept him as your personal savior, before you can begin to enjoy what he has in install for. I bet you all your prayers will be answered according to his will. Truth is that he ain't gon force this on u. If u want to follow him fine if you don't he will still Love you and will be ready to take you. Bible say " I give you life and dead you chose life"
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 4:30am On Aug 19, 2005
i pray and read the bible by the ways. that doesn't mean i believe though.

jackie have you ever called someone a witch before? smiley or blamed something that happened on a witch?
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 4:32am On Aug 19, 2005
I have accepted him as my lord and saviour...a long time ago. I can quote the Bible, i can pray, I can simply be a True Christian, but there's always a but!.

You said
First you have to accept him as your personal savior, before you can begin to enjoy what he has in install for. I bet you all your prayers will be answered according to his will.

Do you realise that there are people that have done all this yet, their prayers aren't been answered? Ohh sonow it's by his will, if he wills to make u suffer, he will?? So many Christians that aren't enjoy what he has in stall for them.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 4:35am On Aug 19, 2005
hehe. they'll enjoy in heaven.  cheesy.heaven my..... bad...
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Jackie(f): 4:42am On Aug 19, 2005
Have i ever called someone a witch b4 NO,  but i know there are p'ple that practice witchcraft. and  the devil has a lot of ways of manifesting his powers. Thru witchcraft and all what not.

As far as Answered prayers :- If you trully believe in God You need not fear. Your prayers are going to be answered at perfect time according to God's perfect will.  Bible says God's time is the best.  we as human we have a weakness of inpatience. Keep on praying and believing God it shall come to pass no kidding. Bible says Knock you shall be answered, seek u shall find, ask u shall receive. If prayers haven't been answered it's just not the prefect time. Remember God knows you even b4 u were concieved in ur mama's womb. He know ur destiny.

If u will just believe and have faith just the size of a mustard, we could move mountains.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 4:46am On Aug 19, 2005
jackie. do you know/ have you heard of  any one who practices witchcraft. if yes can you tell me what they did and i'll proove you wrong  cool......
there's no such thing as a witch...
have you moved a mountain w/ your faith or are you yet to?
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 4:50am On Aug 19, 2005
If u will just believe and have faith just the size of a mustard, we could move mountains.

I know that quote. Matthew 17:20.

The Bible says ...But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. Galatians 1:11. Why do man follow his gospel if he said the gospel he preaches is not after man??
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Jackie(f): 4:56am On Aug 19, 2005
Of Course i have heard people that practice witchcraft, and i have even sseen some people that practise witchcraft, even here in the US on TBN ( Trinity Broadcasting Networking)  a women was call out of the crowd and she confessed of having practisng witch craft. So u have to know that the devil is out there looking for ways to Devour, destroy and steal from u what was ordained by God.  There are also accoult or cult as we may call it that exist, evil society that practice magic all these is not pleasing to God.

My dear as to how they do it No idea at all. I am a born again, i beleive 100% in God and i am enjoying his love form.

Please i h'd like u to watch TBN or CBN i am not sure what channel it could be in ur area but just give it 20mins i mean 20 mins and see if you will not listen or see to at least one thing that will touch u. People  like who find it hard to believe it's amazing the things God will do to prove his existence.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Jackie(f): 5:02am On Aug 19, 2005
The Bible says ...But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. Galatians 1:11. Why do man follow his gospel if he said the gospel he preaches is not after man??

These means the the gospel is after your soul.. That what God is looking for YOur Soul That's why when you pray you ask God take control of your Soul. We have body and we have flesh. Man here is refered to your Flesh

Guy i am retiring for the day. I've had a long day will continue tommorrow send me ur ??s will answer them ' morrow
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 5:04am On Aug 19, 2005
Uh? the Bible said man. My soul is part of man. So if man means my flesh...and my soul is part of man, then you are saying, God doesn't want my sould. SInce he said he is not after man, and soul is part of man.

I am leaving too. Gnite! smiley
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 5:09am On Aug 19, 2005
the woman that confessed of practicing witchcraft that you said what did she say she did. did she say she killed 100 people? if yes then she lied to you. she's just trying to get attention. there aren't no "real witches" those people that confess are probably forced to do so  or they are trying to get attention.

you say she was called out of the crowd, then it's probably planned. why does it have to be a woman anyways. why aren't men accused of witchcraft as often as women are? it's called misogyny....
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by skima(m): 6:12am On Aug 19, 2005
Well, going to church without believing in God is like being alive without a purpose. so if your teachers said you will live longer, will u live to be 1000 ? or will u live for eternity? why dont you think of that?
Life is not as long as u live it but how well to God. be purposeful in pursuit. rolleyes
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by skima(m): 6:21am On Aug 19, 2005
WesleyanA You've got to think big and beyond the world. I think your matured enough to do something good with your time. If u don't believe in God then don't go to church, do another thing with your time and see which one pay most. I think so also because u aint in Nigeria now thats why. See people suffer and are still hopeful ... man u need go to the street and see human being like u.May because u ends are meant thats why u don't know wats really up.

egbe grin u no sabi say God na papa
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by layi(m): 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2005
@wesleyan
U don't believe in witches or the spiritual realm? I pity u. Spend time is some remotes villages and u'll see wonders. Ur physics and chemistry will fail u.

I see no justification for those who don't believe ther's a GOD. Remember no man knows it all.
U don't even know your own beginning so why argue like u r sure ther's no GOD.
Its so lame to believe the world started just like that or had no start at all.HABA!
What u believe about GOD is a diff issue. But my pips. GOD is real.

THERE IS GOD!!!

Anyway like vexxy has said, u got nothing to loose if u live for him. Throw your pride aside. U don't have answers to all life's problem.
Ther's a greater help. He's real. He's GOD.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by joftech(m): 4:57am On Aug 23, 2005
Well this thread has been interesting for sometime now. What WesleyanA is struggling with is a natural phenomenon which we all struggled with. One thing we need to know is that not all people believe in the Bible and it’s does not make sense to be quoting the Bible is a situation like that.

Scientist know that there is a perfect creator of the whole universe, they only want to prove it.

WesleyanA am not forcing you to think about believing in God or not, but I have been in your position before thinking if there is God or not. Thinking that you achieve something as a result of your hardwork is false, there are people that are working harder than you but still they have nothing to show for it.

Scientist will tell you there was a Big Bang (http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/academy/universe/b_bang.html), this I believe. And it was as a result of God’s command. It took the earth billions of years to be were it’s today. We mostly fail to grab the concept of God’s time. The Bible said it took God seven days to create the universe, these could have been these billions of years scientist are now discovering. The world was without form according to Bible’s explanation, same for the first billions of years according to scientist.

This world is filled with mysteries that are just too numerous to mention. Scientist don’t know why there are black holes, quasars and tons of other things that are being discovered in space on a daily basis.       

My idea about God is a little bit different.  God has created us, he has giving us everything (He gave us His breath) we need to be what we may want to be. He has made us gods. The problem with the world is how we are running the world.

As a person I follow the Biblical and scientific evidence of creation because they compliment each other.

The problem with the Bible is not that it’s not perfect, it’s because some people have doctored it to suit their own purpose.

Allover the world, there are about a million religions still they all points towards the same direction of a common God. Even when you look at the Yoruba myth on creation, you will know that it clearly resemble what’s written in the Bible.

There’s God, the problem is that we fail to know that He is nowhere, but in our Heart.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 5:17am On Aug 23, 2005
To: The converters (kazey, jofteck,layi, skima a.k.a.[e-skima], esp. jackie, e.t.c)

I Wesley, hereby consent to your opinions about christianity and agree to convert. I now believe in G-d and accept to become a born-again christian. I have taken this matter into deep consideration and come to a conclusion that i will end up in hell if i don't change my ways. This thread should be closed (since i'm now born-again of course) meaning there should be no further convertors' long comments on the 5 w's and h to get my salvation. I am saved now and not planning to turn back to my old ways in the near future. I really commend your sucessful efforts and wish you all the best. 

signature

____WesleyanA_____

how else should i thank you guys for making me look like some evil devlish antichrist. undecided
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 5:25am On Aug 23, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by joftech(m): 10:13am On Aug 23, 2005
Praise God (if and when you eventually turn to God). Nobody is trying to make u believe in what you don't believe in, am just telling you that there is God, i as a person am liberal, i get on well with people with diverse mindset.

I hope one of this days you will discover Him. All great scientist eventually did.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by gina34(f): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2005
I believe in God and i go to church too.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Jackie(f): 2:35am On Aug 25, 2005
WesleyanA, this is absolutely very joyous and i am so very happy for your decision, and i thank God that he touched u in a special way and changed ur mind.

Amen Amen Amen and God bless u, smiley smiley smiley smileyYou have nothing to loose and everything to gain. It's one step at a time u will get to find out his goodness. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am soooooooo happy
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by joftech(m): 3:21am On Aug 25, 2005
Jackie and with this
how else should i thank you guys for making me look like some evil devlish antichrist. undecided
you believe "she" is now an Evangelist.

It's not by force to believe in God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sam Adeyemi To Older Generation: Get Nigeria To Work, Youths Won’t Keep Silent / At Last! – Tb Joshua Speaks On Boko Haram / The Key To Be Eligible For Ressurection To Live Forever Like Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.