Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

"I don't believe in God, but I go to church" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" (7978 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by twinkledew(f): 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2005
what is the point of going to church when u dont believe in God. being a church goer does not make u religious or perfect.
i believe in God and i go to church even tho i do not go regularly. the important thing is to "believe" in him.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2005
twinkledew:

what is the point of going to church when u don't believe in God. being a church goer does not make u religious or perfect.
i believe in God and i go to church even tho i do not go regularly. the important thing is to "believe" in him.

i'm guessing you didn't read the previous posts.
I go to church because i have to.

by the way who's worse
someone who doesn't believe in G-d and goes to church regularly and pays
and someone who goes to church like once a year, doesn't pay and says he believes in G-d? rolleyes
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by joftech(m): 11:40pm On Aug 31, 2005
the church does not make u a good person or not. if church make people good people nigeria would have become the best country in the whole universe.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2005
exactly joftech

so if someone doesn't believe in G-d and the person is good or better still, he finds the cure to cancer (there's no cure to it yet even pastors don't have a cure to it rolleyes) will the person go to the christian hell? not that hell exists. rolleyes....
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by joftech(m): 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2005
what i really matter is someones good deeds. afterall Jesus has said it all "Not all that call me lord lord will be saved"

most Nigerians are hypocrites. they like to do copy-copy.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 12:14am On Sep 01, 2005
i know right? joftech

you don't have to believe in G-d to be a good person.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Princess(f): 12:33am On Sep 01, 2005
Wesleyan U don't believe in God? cry grin angry sad
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 12:41am On Sep 01, 2005
does that make me a bad person? cry grin angry sad
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Princess(f): 12:48am On Sep 01, 2005
truce: Kinda.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 12:50am On Sep 01, 2005
well i really don't care what people think. i don't think i'm a bad person. grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Princess(f): 12:52am On Sep 01, 2005
Wes. Hun sorry i said that u r nice, but if i may ask why don't u believe in God puddin"
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 12:55am On Sep 01, 2005
i don't know i just grew out of it. just like believing in a toothfairy/santa claus when you were a little kid, yeah like that.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Princess(f): 1:01am On Sep 01, 2005
I want u to think about it tonight God really is the one keeping u safe and sound everyday.
I am going upstiars r now to go turn in r u the girl but i talk more @ my laptop up stairs alright hun?
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 1:02am On Sep 01, 2005
okie dokie smiley...i hear you.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by MrBones1(m): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2005
The God i know is not the God of confusion. Whether you believe in him or not doesn't matter to Him. He is dealing with us on the basis of His mercy. He said "I will have mercy on those I will have mercy on" which means he can show mercy on the Tsunami victims if He so wish. For the reason of His not showing mercy on them, nobody knows. He's omnipotent and absolute authority resides with Him.
"Its not of him that willeth but of God that showeth Mercy"
I'm not a pastor, but one thing I enjoy most despite all my short comings is HIS MERCY. God Bless you all.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 11:45pm On Sep 02, 2005
nice one Mr Bones. cheesy.

i guess i'll have to you add your name to my letter adressed to "The Converters". you deserve it (it's on page 3 by the ways).. .  what do you think? cheesy
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Greatpeter(m): 11:48pm On Sep 02, 2005
Wesley you gotta believe in God oo.
He created you and give you life and He loves you too.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 11:49pm On Sep 02, 2005
rolleyes i guess i'll have to add GP's name too. even though he doesn't deserve it.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Greatpeter(m): 11:54pm On Sep 02, 2005
Add my name to what?

I believe there is God oo.
Look for another man next door grin
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by goodguy(m): 4:52am On Sep 07, 2005
I was shocked when I saw this topic. I became dumbfounded seeing it came from a 15 yr old girl. God!...........what's this world turning into? Wesley, whether you believe in God or not, HE exists and as GP said, He created you and gave u life so u've got every reason to believe in HIM. Here are few questions for u to answer

1. Do you believe there is heaven?
2. If you do, do you know Jesus said No one goes to the father (in heaven) except through him?
3. How then do u expect to get to heaven without believing in God?

It's never done my dear. If this is a joke, I'll advice you'd better stop this 'because it aint funny 1 bit!

One more thing..............why do u keep typing "G-d" and not "God"
If you are really serious about this u are saying about not believing in God, then I really pity and cry for u wesley cry
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Jackie(f): 5:00am On Sep 07, 2005
@goodguy Wesley has made up her mind to follow God. She has turned from her old ways. U probably haven't read the whole thread. She is begining to beleive in God Please encourage her.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by lalaingbea(m): 2:04pm On Sep 07, 2005
who ever dt believe in dis is wrong. if u don't believe in God 4get anything about church
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by goodguy(m): 7:08pm On Sep 07, 2005
Well, if wesley has changed truly, I'm happy for her then. But i dont think she believes completely.
Anyway Wes, u gotta choice to make..........
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2005
smiley I just got used to typing G-d because there's this Jewish kid who does that and were quite close so i got it from him.  cheesy
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Princess(f): 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2005
I am so glad to know that my dear wesley has turned to God. My sis believe in hin and he will never let u down, he said it in his word i will keep u in my prayers.

Prayer 4 U

Dear God as wesley ur daughter has given her life to
u, watch over her, guide her going out and coming in
make her never run dry, beacuse of her O' Lord bless
her families, provide for them, Please Jesus bless whatever
she lay her hands on. Continue to make her the head and not
the tail. Whosoever shall curse this child will be curse, and whosoever
shall bless this child will be bless forever. Thank you Jesus this i ask in ur
name amen.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by goodguy(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2005
well, i see wesley believes in G-d and not the Almighty GOD.

who's G-d anyway
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by layi(m): 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2005
goodguy:

well, i see wesley believes in G-d and not the Almighty GOD.

who's G-d anyway

Doesnt really matter. She's just typing. Moreover GOD is not HIS name. We just call him that cos he's GOOD.

Lets just chorus an AMEN to Princess's Prayer for her.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by starr(f): 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2005
friend you may say u don't believe in God for now that's fine because today is your day your time your everything u can do whatever you want with it but just remember that ONE day only one day is the Lord's and whether you believe in him or not he will judge YOU according to your works on earth.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by goodguy(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2005
layi:

Doesnt really matter. She's just typing. Moreover GOD is not HIS name. We just call him that because he's GOOD.

Lets just chorus an AMEN to Princess's Prayer for her.

If God is not His name, why does the Bible refer to HIM as that then? And here is a  point of correction ===> The way you type the name of God really matters. Don't say b'because u are just typing, then u type it anyhow. If you were to fill an important or international form on the net, I'm sure you will cross-check the spelling of your name close to 2 or 3 times before you submit. So why type God's name anyhow u like? God is God and not "G-d" or "god"

Thank you cool
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by layi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2005
goodguy:

If God is not His name, why does the Bible refer to HIM as that then?

Was the bible written in English ? 
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by goodguy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2005
It was originally written in Hebrew language but at least, I have an English Bible. It had to be translated for our sake so we'll all understand. But that doesnt mean u should type God's name anyhow. You got to respect the name including the spelling! Again I repeat, "If you were to fill an important or international form on the net, I'm sure you will cross-check the spelling of your name close to 2 or 3 times before you submit." So why disrespect God's name? rolleyes
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by layi(m): 5:56pm On Sep 08, 2005
goodguy:

It was originally written in Hebrew language but at least, I have an English Bible. It had to be translated for our sake so we'll all understand. But that doesnt mean u should type God's name anyhow. You got to respect the name including the spelling! Again I repeat, "If you were to fill an important or international form on the net, I'm sure you will cross-check the spelling of your name close to 2 or 3 times before you submit." So why disrespect God's name? rolleyes

Writtin GOD or GOD or GOD does nothing to God's perception of you just like parking urself properly in a garage wont make u a cardillac.

he looks at the heart. Fine, write GOD out of love and I maintain that is not HIS name. We gave it to him. His ways are not ours. He wont send u to hell for writing god.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As Christians, How Can We Overcome Sin? / The Key To Be Eligible For Ressurection To Live Forever Like Jesus Christ / My Idea On Who Created God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.